patient care tech and dialysis

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 524)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

chika09 in Palatine, Illinois

64 months ago

marky in Chicago, Illinois said: I was told from my teacher that u can only take the bonnet if u have no experience working as a dialysis tech but this was a dialysis training program that was 9 months,not a dialysis class that took 2 years. So You guys learned much more than we did so I guess we were the ones misinformed. So forgive me and thanks for clearing this up and God bless!

Just curious what school you went to for that 9 month program. I'm so interested in doing Dialysis tech and I found a place called CMK that trains you for 9weeks but i'm not sure if it's worth it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Calli in Chicago, Illinois

64 months ago

chika09 in Palatine, Illinois said: Just curious what school you went to for that 9 month program. I'm so interested in doing Dialysis tech and I found a place called CMK that trains you for 9weeks but i't sure if it's worth it.

Actually I would not want to recommend this class to you because I did not get out of this class what I thought I would. I could tell you why but not on this forum, but I would really recommend you either go for a Dialysis Tech Class at Malcom X College or another school that offers Dialysis Tech class cause now days they want experience but by you taking a dialysis class that would help you more because of the knowledge you'll acquire. Or maybe if you took a Phlebotomy class that may be helpful too. Because they would like you to have some medical back ground but it depends on where you apply for a job because it's hasn't been so easy for me. I had Phlebotomy experience but I was not certified so I just decided to start my LPN classes this Fall. But it seems like some of the students who went to malcom X in this forum seemed to have gotten work without experience maybe you can talk to one of them, because I know they do clinicals at some of the hospitals.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

anna

64 months ago

Pct and medical assistant what's the diffrents

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

anna

64 months ago

Help in arizona were can I take classes for free training
I'm a cna took classes for ma big mistake someone help

Marky in Chicago, Illinois

64 months ago

anna said: Pct and medical assistant what's the diffrents

The difference is that a PCT is like a CNA but they learn clinical skills to draw blood and do EKG's and even to do respiratory depending on where you go to school and they work in hospitals and can also work in dialysis, because they have the 180 hrs. needed in Phlebotomy. Now MA learn Phlebotomy and EKG but they learn about Pharmacology and other things with X-rays ect... Yhey can work in any type of Dr. office any where. They learn skills for Medical Billing, and they can administer shots, and do Administration work in clinics and set up patient's appointments ect... they also can work in other areas like Dialysis too. But PCT's are more towards nursing. Like I said you really cannot be a PCT without being a Certified Nurse Assistant first. But you can go to school and become an MA without being a CNA. Most PCT's get jobs quicker because of their CNA back ground, I hope this answered your question.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

yvette30 in Trenton, New Jersey

64 months ago

Does any one who live in nj know what Fresenius average starting pay rate is?

Velvett Coleman in Haddonfield, New Jersey

64 months ago

yvette30 in Trenton, New Jersey said: Does any one who live in nj know what Fresenius average starting pay rate is?

Hello Yvette. I dont want to discourage you . But yes when people that are fresh out of school the wages are lower. 13.00 ph is about right. but you need to get your feet in the door first. and wait maybe 6 months . after that you gains some experience and then apply other places . dont forget, even though health care jobs are in demand, we are still in a recession . its a competative market out there . company's know its so there taking the advantage of under paying people with skilled jobs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

byron in Park Forest, Illinois

64 months ago

hey guys. i currently work as a nsa/cna at the u of c. i also jus got hooked up with paid training at fresnius a week ago. im looking to achieve my rn through reimbursment program and boost my pay up that way

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

64 months ago

How much is their starting pay?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Velvett Coleman in Haddonfield, New Jersey

63 months ago

I know that's right. How much is the starting pay?

feds in Glendale Heights, Illinois

63 months ago

Starting pay in Fresenius i hope its not $13.00/hr i was paid $12.55/hr and that was 2002 and its already 2009.But for you Byron its a good move, yes theyll do that for you i have 4 friends now RN's went to that program 2 of them now work in Good Samaritan hosp.in the floor after the contract expired.I have a new orientee right now from your place U of C shes been there in U of C dialysis unit for 23yrs but the management sucks now and have some problems so its time to pack their bags, the pay is good but you dont want that stress everyday bc of unexperienced ppl handling the unit now.

63 months ago

byron in Park Forest, Illinois said: hey guys. i currently work as a nsa/cna at the u of c. i also jus got hooked up with paid training at fresnius a week ago. im looking to achieve my rn through reimbursment program and boost my pay up that way

Not tryingto be all up in your business, I'm just curious coz I'm about to complete a dialysis training program and would like to find out how much the starting pay at fresenius is? Roughly how much is the starting pay for inexperienced dialysis tech's?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

byron hamilton in Chicago, Illinois

63 months ago

chika09 in Palatine, Illinois said: Not tryingto be all up in your business, I'm just curious coz I'm about to complete a dialysis training program and would like to find out how much the starting pay at fresenius is? Roughly how much is the starting pay for inexperienced dialysis tech's?

its like 12 or thirteen while training. i going to start out at 16.50/hr. i have a nice connect. but there is so much overtime being thrown at me already. i can work mon-fri 12 hrs each day if i like. and i will. i will still work here at u of c but only like 2 days a week. sat an sun 7 to 3 shift.

shadale2555

63 months ago

hey I would like to know what is the starting pay for dialysis clinics in chicago. I currently have my c.n.a certification.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

byron hamilton in Chicago, Illinois

63 months ago

shadale2555 said: hey I would like to know what is the starting pay for dialysis clinics in chicago. I currently have my c.n.a certification.

i have no clue.i make about 15.50 as an nsa here at u of c so i hope its decent. i only know of fresnius cuz my firends wife is an rn through them so im kinda gettin da hook up if u know wut i mean. hey anybody know of any good companies. ive been working on 2 inventions lately and they both are innovative. they both have to do with the health industry. i wanna patent them and sell sell sell

yvette30 in Maple Shade, New Jersey

63 months ago

can somebody tell me what is a nsa?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

ssorianop@aol.com in Mount Prospect, Illinois

63 months ago

Try this school website:www.jethrohealthcareschool.com

mary blackmon in Chicago, Illinois said: i work at a hospital and I 've been trained as a clinical partner who does the same work as a patient Care Tech 9drawing blood and doing EKG's) is there any places in Chicago where i could get training to work as a Dialysis technican?

63 months ago

chika09 in Palatine, Illinois said: Just curious what school you went to for that 9 month program. I'm so interested in doing Dialysis tech and I found a place called CMK that trains you for 9weeks but i'm not sure if it's worth it.

Try this website:www.jethrohealthcareschool.com they have dialysis

63 months ago

Try checking NNCC CCHT Board Exam.They said it i easier.
You can see details at www.jethrohealthcareschool.com

Skittles in Chicago, Illinois

63 months ago

ssorianop@aol.com in Mount Prospect, Illinois said: Try this website:www.jethrohealthcareschool.com they have dialysis

The best thing for you to do is to go to city college like Malcolm X or a Community accrediated College. The school I went to did not teach us everything ans we missed out on clinical hours, I'm not even sure if was an accrediated school, so much went on there and there was too much dishonesty. It was not at a college either.Since I couldn't find a job I just decided to go to nursing school. So therefore I cannot and will not recommend this school to you.

chik09 in Palatine, Illinois

63 months ago

Skittles in Chicago, Illinois said: The best thing for you to do is to go to city college like Malcolm X or a Community accrediated College. The school I went to did not teach us everything ans we missed out on clinical hours, I'm not even sure if was an accrediated school, so much went on there and there was too much dishonesty. It was not at a college either.Since I couldn't find a job I just decided to go to nursing school. So therefore I cannot and will not recommend this school to you.

Did you go to this exact school Jethro?

63 months ago

If you are asking me if that was the school I went to no. It was a school at a center where they test for DNA on Cicero and that's all I'm going to say about it. Even though they also have MA,and Phlebotomy, and CNA there I just would not recommend it. But for anyone who wants to attend any schools foe MA or any thing, Dialysis,do your homework before signing up, check and make sure the school is accrediated. This was a Dialysis training school not a Dialysis Program. A dialysis program is usually two years. Now if you are a PCT yes I would say go ahead because if you went to school for PCT you have your 180hrs of Phlebotomy training, but if you are a CNA with Phlebotomy experience you may still have a tuff time getting a job as a Dialyssi Tech if you get a job as a CNA it may take a long time. The best way may be to go for PHlebotomy at an accrediated school because of the 180hrs of training, work as a Phlebotomist and then try getting a job with a dialysis company or going to school for Dialysis for two years. But some states will hire MA and LPN's and of cours RN's

63 months ago

Skittles in Chicago, Illinois said: If you are asking me if that was the school I went to no. It was a school at a center where they test for DNA on Cicero and that's all I'm going to say about it. Even though they also have MA,and Phlebotomy, and CNA there I just would not recommend it. But for anyone who wants to attend any schools foe MA or any thing, Dialysis,do your homework before signing up, check and make sure the school is accrediated. This was a Dialysis training school not a Dialysis Program. A dialysis program is usually two years. Now if you are a PCT yes I would say go ahead because if you went to school for PCT you have your 180hrs of Phlebotomy training, but if you are a CNA with Phlebotomy experience you may still have a tuff time getting a job as a Dialyssi Tech if you get a job as a CNA it may take a long time. The best way may be to go for PHlebotomy at an accrediated school because of the 180hrs of training, work as a Phlebotomist and then try getting a job with a dialysis company or going to school for Dialysis for two years. But some states will hire MA and LPN's and of cours RN's

Thanks for the info. I had no idea about the difference between a dialysis training school and a dialysis program.

ssorianop@aol.com in Des Plaines, Illinois

63 months ago

I know graduates from Jethro Healthcare School that are now working as Dialysis Tech and some of them passed the BONENT exam

63 months ago

Please check this website: jethrohealthcareschool.com - they have Dialysis Course and most graduates find jobs.

63 months ago

The school I was referring to is not Jethro I never heard of them but it seems like they are a good accrediated school. Dialysis Training Schools and Dialysis programs are two different things. Apparently this is a Dialysis Program.

63 months ago

Try this school because my daughter went here for Dialysis.

jethrohealthcareschool.com

63 months ago

Yes. This is a Dialysis Program but most find jobs and are now working in different dialysis centers.

63 months ago

I checked them out online and they seem to be a good school especially having the pre courses for the LPN hopefully they will do the full course one day. I 'm just asking how long is their Dialysis program? Because it's just that the school I went to in Chicago we all pretty much got ripped off. I want to know just in case some one ask me I can tell them because I think the only class I know of is the Dialysis Tech course at Malcolm X in Chicago, I don't think besides the one I went to that there are any dialysis training programs in Chicago, I'm sure lots of people will be signing up now.And then they can also take the test at the school we didn't have any of that. We learned about dialysis from the book and also we learned how to set up the dialysis machine, but we had no clinicals some of the staff were not even paid, that's how bad it was. Also they had a Phlebotmy program there and the class never had their 180hrs. They never even practiced drawing blood in the lab, it was terrible that's why I could never recommend this school to anyone ever.We did have a good teacher though, she has done dialysis for 23 years, and she hardly recieved any of her money. The persons over the school moved to Atlanta and set up a new school, it's possible they may still have the one in Chicago but it's a rip off!

63 months ago

ssorianop@aol.com in Des Plaines, Illinois said: Yes. This is a Dialysis Program but most find jobs and are now working in different dialysis centers.

Just wondering how long Jethro's dialysis program is and how much it costs?

63 months ago

They said like 3 months and like $1500 plus. How much is the program you went to ?

63 months ago

Their program is like 3 months and around $1500 above but they have clinical.

63 months ago

ssorianop@aol.com in Des Plaines, Illinois said: They said like 3 months and like $1500 plus. How much is the program you went to ?

The program I went to was for 9 months, 1 day a week, I hope it's more than 1 day a week because it's so much to learn, now I know of onein NY and they meet at least 3 days a week. The one in Chicago I think was maybe 850.00 dollars and we went from 9am-3pm somethinglike that.

63 months ago

So hopefully it's more than 1 day a week so it was about the same time. How much clinical time because we had none.

sweenie Manalo in Buffalo Grove, Illinois

63 months ago

How much do they pay for PCT at Fresenius Illinois area? How long is the training? I'll be having an interview at fresenius next week for PCT position. I completed by bachelor's degree in nursing on April 2009. I am a foreign graduate. I am US permanent resident for 5 years now minus the 2 years come and go due to school completion. I dont hold a license for now, since im a graduates outside the US it will take me almost a year to process and evaluates my education credits to be able to take CGFNS clearance (English exam or TOEFL) and NCLEX. I though this is a good start to work as a PCT coz I really wanted to work in the dialysis center.

TAMIELD6926 in Fithian, Illinois

62 months ago

mary blackmon in Chicago, Illinois said: i work at a hospital and I 've been trained as a clinical partner who does the same work as a patient Care Tech 9drawing blood and doing EKG's) is there any places in Chicago where i could get training to work as a Dialysis technican?

DAVITA DIALYSIS(DAVITA.COM) AND FRESENIUS (FMCNA.ORG) DIALYSIS BOTH OFFER ON THE JOB TRAINING.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

looking to transfer in Cleveland, Ohio

62 months ago

I was interested in moving to Georgia and wanted to know about dialysis tech positions and their rate of pay. I have 15 years experience and needing to relocate to a different environment.

Ruth in Trenton, Michigan

62 months ago

karen in Orland Park, Illinois said: Did you ever find a place to get training as a dialysis tech?
Please let me know. This is something my daughter is interested in and we are having an impossible time finding a school that does this training.
Please let me know

Karen

Hi Karen,
I live in Michigan and Dorsey Business School teaches Dialysis Technician training in Southgate, on Northline Road. I hope this helps. Ruth

sheila in Des Plaines, Illinois

62 months ago

Please go to this website- www.jethrohealthcareschool.com - they have dialysis course.

student at Triton College in River Grove, Illinois

62 months ago

Triton College (Chicagoland) has a new Dialysis Technician program developed with Loyola University Medical Center:
www.triton.edu/cgi-bin/r.cgi/department_detail.html?ContentID=6589

marky in Chicago, Illinois

62 months ago

student at Triton College in River Grove, Illinois said: Triton College (Chicagoland) has a new Dialysis Technician program developed with Loyola University Medical Center:
www.triton.edu/cgi-bin/r.cgi/department_detail.html?ContentID=6589

Thank you for the input but this was written months ago,I'm now in school for LPN, but if anyone wants to knowabout this program I will pass the information along.

62 months ago

You could go to
Jethro Healthcare School

They have a Dialysis Program and Review Class for the Dialysis Board Exam. Most of their students are now working in various Dialysis Centers.

feds in Lyons, Illinois

62 months ago

yep triton college has a dialysis program now and one of our CNA's were convincing her to attend.The next class will be on December i think and it will cost you $1000 and meeting is 2X a wk for 2 months and the clinicals is in front of our building in the VA Hines Hospital in Roosevelt road but its a Loyola Dialysis clinic.And im sorry Byron but your going to get $16.50 for starters? pls man! what unit are you going to and we can tell who is your manager and i bet they wont pay you that much if you gonna get more than the ppl who been there for yrs.Fresenius is a cheap ol ass company and anti union, we know them from the back of our hand.We even know personally their managers,regional managers and corporate managers here in illinois.We always tease them whenever we meet in dialysis conventions in downtown and out of state.If its true thought your the luckiest tech in Fresenius and you know what its funny now my buddy here asking me to go to the Fresenius corporate office in Cermak to visit our old pals we trained that are office ppl now, we gonna ask them how much ppl really is the starting.If you are gonna work in DSI yes i will believe you gonna get that but DAVITA and FRESENIUS i doubt it.If you really want seriuos money again apply in hospital based units like-LOYOLA,UofC,UIC,RUSH PRES.VA HOSP.,MT SAINAI,NORTHWESTERN(Acute) and NANI group (National Asso of Nephrology Inst.)or agency that is seriuos money there (MEDSTAFF) agency.In west suburbs Tri city dialysis,Sun health and Silver Cross.

62 months ago

feds in Lyons, Illinois said: yep triton college has a dialysis program now and one of our CNA's were convincing her to attend.The next class will be on December i think and it will cost you $1000 and meeting is 2X a wk for 2 months and the clinicals is in front of our building in the VA Hines Hospital in Roosevelt road but its a Loyola Dialysis clinic.And im sorry Byron but your going to get $16.50 for starters? pls man! what unit are you going to and we can tell who is your manager and i bet they wont pay you that much if you gonna get more than the ppl who been there for yrs.Fresenius is a cheap ol ass company and anti union, we know them from the back of our hand.We even know personally their managers,regional managers and corporate managers here in illinois.We always tease them whenever we meet in dialysis conventions in downtown and out of state.If its true thought your the luckiest tech in Fresenius and you know what its funny now my buddy here asking me to go to the Fresenius corporate office in Cermak to visit our old pals we trained that are office ppl now, we gonna ask them how much ppl really is the starting.If you are gonna work in DSI yes i will believe you gonna get that but DAVITA and FRESENIUS i doubt it.If you really want seriuos money again apply in hospital based units like-LOYOLA,UofC,UIC,RUSH PRES.VA HOSP.,MT SAINAI,NORTHWESTERN(Acute) and NANI group (National Asso of Nephrology Inst.)or agency that is seriuos money there (MEDSTAFF) agency.In west suburbs Tri city dialysis,Sun health and Silver Cross.

So do u have any idea on what the real starting pay at Fresenius is?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Andrea in Rochester, Michigan

62 months ago

I'm a current employee. I've been there over 2 years. I make roughly $14.25/hr.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Andrea in Rochester, Michigan

62 months ago

p.s. I had no prior medical experience. I was trained at Fresenius after I was hired. Training/orientation lasts I think it was 1-2 months. I enjoyed it..and I still enjoy it. A lot of my co-workers were medical assistants, CNA, phlebotomist but I had no med experience aside from a few college courses in the sciences...hope that helps.

feds in Lyons, Illinois

62 months ago

That Andrea i believe what your making. Hmm? so didnt went up that much huh! since 2003, thats why were all laughing that some one is going to get $16.50 without any prior experience because he knows somebody, hey even you have ten yrs experience you wont get that in a chronic setting if your a new employee.Before we worked in Fresenius the one who hired us are regional and unit managers that is our buddies long time ago and some of them are my coworkers relatives who hired him but didnt even get a little bit of an edge in pay.If its in acute dialysis yes because in 2002 they pay i think per case,$125.00 per case so if you can dialyze 3 ppl in a day you got $375 for that day and that was 7yrs ago idk now how much they pay for ACUTES in FMC or Davita.And yes Andrea even me i trained ppl before without any medical field experience but now i think they want something that is related to like CNA,MA etc.

61 months ago

Try to go to this website;

www.jethrohealthcareschool.com - They have Dialysis Tech and Board Exam Review Classes

793 in Chicago, Illinois

60 months ago

karen in Orland Park, Illinois said: Did you ever find a place to get training as a dialysis tech?
Please let me know. This is something my daughter is interested in and we are having an impossible time finding a school that does this training.
Please let me know

Karen[/QUOT
I know malcom x has this program for 2 years and 1 year. I hope this is helpful.

793 in Chicago, Illinois

60 months ago

chik09 in Palatine, Illinois said: So do u have any idea on what the real starting pay at Fresenius is?

they give $12-14 for no experience and no board exam.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.