patient care tech and dialysis

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (301 to 350 of 520)
Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »   Last »

kristen in Woodstock, Georgia

59 months ago

just because u pass the ccht exam doesnt mean your'e gonna get more money!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Brandy919r in Elgin, Illinois

59 months ago

Kristen, the reason we're all talking about the CCHT exam exam is because it has to be passed within 18 months of hire date to work, the law changed last year. The quicker you get it over with & pass the better & some schools offer the review as part of their class like mine does. Some places won't even hire you until you've passed like the hospitals, I tried. I couldn't wait that long so I got a job in a clinic.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

PCT2010 in Cicero, Illinois

59 months ago

I tried reading through a majority of this forum, but it's too tiring lol. Can a Fresenius employee, even former, tell me if you had to wait for a call back for 2nd interview, which will be after your background check? I had an interview on September 02nd and have yet to receive a call back for the 2nd interview, which is supposed to be a two hour shadowing of an experienced Dialysis PCT. Does anyone know if this means I'll be hired (granted my bg check will come back clean -it is lol)? Also, in my first interview, the recruiter said that my training will last apprx, 5 weeks, is this accurate with this company? Just fyi, I have no prior dialysis or PCT experience (just got recertified as a CNA and renewed my CPR BLS). I am also from the Chicago area, which is where my possible Fresenius job will be (in the Medical District). What will training be like? Will I only be training for those 5 weeks? Will I be training at another location then going to my actual employment location? And apprx. how much will I make per hour -with this company? I'd appreciate your answers. Thank you much :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kristen in Lawrenceville, Georgia

59 months ago

IF THE DIALYSIS TECHS WOULD STOP WORKING FOR THESE BIG COMPANIES, LIKE FRESENIUS AND DAVITA. LET THESE COMPANIES GO UNDER THEY MIGHT START PAYING MORE. I LIVE IN Ga STARTING PAY FOR DIALYSIS TECH IS $12.00, WHEN IT SHOULD BE 15.00 DONT LET THESE COMPANIES B.S U DONT SETTLE AND, THATS WHAT ALOT OF DIALYSIS TECHS ARE DOING. THE TECHS ARE DEALING WITH HIV AND AIDS AND HEPATITIS..C FOR 12.00 A HOURS .SORRY BUT U DONT SEE A UNLTRA SOUND TECH MAKIN 12.00 A HOUR ,AND THEY DONT HAVE TO DEAL WITH BLOOD AND PUKE AND, GOD KNOWS WHAT ELSE!!!!! I KNOW A ULTRASOUND TECH HAS A DEGREE. IM NOT SAYING A DIALYSIS TECH SHOULD GET 30 A HOUR IN GA, BUT LETS BE REAL 12.00 A HOUR U CAN GET THAT AT MICKIE DEE'S!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

i was wondering how much money was pct making 10 years ago. it seems pct was making the money back then but now not so great..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

stealsyndrome in Hines, Illinois

59 months ago

@Kristen yep your right we posted that last year its just like working in a fastfood chain how much they pay you like what weve said me feds and another FEDS be unionize if you want the pay you deserve.@PCT2010 yes 5wks is enough, you will be trained hands on your jobsite whatever unit your working and following the preceptor and teaching about Fresenius H or K machine setup and water system and cannulation and policies and procedures and ETC.And when you're ready they send you to the class room in westchester in the corporate office in Wolf and Cermack i think its still in the 10th floor.So your the living evidence LOL!!! that we are trying to tell to some ppl here that companies hire ppl without going to a college school to be a dialysis Tech.Hmmm? so they still do it.So if you pass the class after some hours earned the CNM will send you to take the CCHT why CCHT bc they said its cheaper and easier than BONNENT HEY!!!thats according to FRESENIUS employees ok LOL!!! so thats it and goodluck and welcome to the blood washing factory businesss JK! LOL!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

kristen in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: ok heres the 411 ,and for the pct and the nurses that say u dont need more then 8 weeks for training. guess what if a pct is monitoring, 3 are 4 patients and something happens to one of the patient, guess who gets fired from their job. let me see its not going to be the doctor and is'nt gonna be the nurse ,its gonna be the lowest man are woman on the pole... and that means the pct!!!!

Uh?question what additional training you need?if it is about setting up machine you learn that on the floor with your preceptor and they give you a timeline and i bet not 8wks the 4wks is classroom settings ana/physio basic stuff about kidneys and water sys. cannulation maybe a little bit longer bc some patients wont allow you to practice on them but catheter.and by the way firing of course not the doctor bc they will sue them and the company,maybe a nurse and tech but it depends upon the situation what is it? have seen black blood syndrome/hemolysis,1st use syndrome,medication reaction,wrong dialyzer,renalin reaction,wrong type and crossmatch,endotoxin/pyrogenic reaction,crenation bc the temp is low,Actril/cold sterilant reaction,air embolism,dislodge access loss of blood.All I mentioned seen it and no one got fired verbal warning,suspended or write up so what SOMETHING HAPPENS are you talking about?Pass out bc low BP, infiltration on the access,cramps? your joking right.If you know and comprehend what your doing you can cover yourself and defend yourself it doesnt matter if you been trained 4wks or a year if you dont read beyond what your trained your just like the ppl who work in we so called blood washing factories.The only ppl we say been fired is bc of attendance,Tardiness,verbal abuse to patients,laziness,stealing and sleeping in the job.For firing in chicago land the incident in UIC tampering the resesitivity meter 6 or 8ppl died bc of wrong reading the DI tank was exhausted.

feds in Hines, Illinois

58 months ago

kristen in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: ok heres the 411 ,and for the pct and the nurses that say u dont need more then 8 weeks for training. guess what if a pct is monitoring, 3 are 4 patients and something happens to one of the patient, guess who gets fired from their job. um let me see its not going to be the doctor and is'nt gonna be the nurse ,its gonna be the lowest man are woman on the pole... and that means the pct!!!!

LOL!!!you have a point in one area but still the other stuff you fine it for yourself or through exp.like nurses most of them are lost during inspection when water treatment and chemicals are involve and machine troubleshooting, its up to the person how you upgrade yourself most of the stuff we know "ME" "FEDS from waukeegan and stealsyndrome" are through exp and attending to yearly symposiums in state and out of state, monthly seminars and being a member and attending meetings of National kidney foundation Illinois chapter and Illinois Technicians and reading dialysis magazines and most important talking to one of our chief Dr.Ing the author of dialysis Textbook not from an 6 or 8wk training.About machines talk to your biomeds and water talk to your vendors.like stealsyndrome said 4wks classroom the basic ones what is a kidny and etc cannulation,machine and rapport to pt.water hands on in the unit with your preceptor.About being fired idk what kind of situation but if ever and it happended to us already if you know your job you know what to answer and you wont get it in training hey i can even give you 2yrs bc we have students here right now taking a 2yr course in dialysis 5days classroom and duty and problems most stealsyndrome mentioned are foreing to them and were talking 2yr course here not 8-12wk thing and 3 of us came from a 4wk course actually FEDS is only 3wk.by the way you mentioned taking care of 3-4pts DANG!!! your in heaven girl,do you know how many we monitor here? LOL!!!!!!!!

feds in Hines, Illinois

58 months ago

Hi this is FEDS from Waukeegan using hard headed feds acct LOL!!!been a while been here.Reading comments and still lot of ppl at lost.For kristen i can say is its not about the training its about the PERSON dont get me wrong training helps but in this field different companies and units placed different timelines in training or orientation even schools who give classes in dialysis.Its up to the person to better themselves and how fast the perosn can catch up in classes and hands on training some ppl are good in theory but not in hands on and vice versa.About being fired in my opinion like what stealsyndrome mentioned those problems you wont encounter everyday maybe once in a blue moon or not even ever but if you know about those problems and situations and it happened to you you can defend yourself and cover your butt ive seen all of them he just mentioned half of the prolbems that can arise in dialysis.for pt ratio LOL!!!3-4pt yep feds is right your in heaven we monitor min.4 and can go up to 9 and sick ppl not walk-ins this is with tracheostomy,collar brace, isolation with Hepa/HIV with heart monitors and besides that after that they send you to Medical/Surgical ICU to dialyze a pt 1 or 2 i rememeber one time working 9am and went home 4am the next day.But Education and pay is good.

58 months ago

i wasnt tryin to sound like a bytch i'm just saying if the pct enteracts with the patients more then the nurses then i think pct need lil bit more edu and training...

58 months ago

kristen in Woodstock, Georgia said: NO... STEALSYNDROME U HAVE TO BE JOKING IM JUST LIKE THE PEOPLE THAT WORKS IN THE BLOOD WASHING FACTORIES.. U REALLY ARE A FUKTARD, IF I WAS LIKE THAT I WOULDN'T BE SAYING THAT THE PCT NEED MORE TRAINING AND EDUCATION!!!

Well Kristen i wont deny it that your one of the ppl who worked in a blood washing factories on how the way you handle and respond to criricism there is one thing that you denied in your response EDUCATION ppl who are educated dont respond like what you did but hey been there done that, we three grew up in a gang infested place and been in a gang and lived in the ghetto in chicago but learned to be a better and educated person.Are you MAD they pay you what $17.00/hr? and complaining monitoring 3-4 patients? LOL!!! we call that here rookies or NOOB!!!!try to work with us if your unhappy with the pay starting here is $42,000/yr or take home pay $1,200 per pay without overtime and cost of living allowance and time and weekend differencial for starters or be like me and FEDS and stealsyndrome became a dialysis Nurse and Certified Nephrology nurse from a humble reuse tech and dialsyis techs earning $11.50/hr in FMC and now earning $76,000-$110,000/yr.but again if your qualified and educated don't be a loser that you are now, what? gonna be old earning that kind of money and education what is your retirement benefits gonna be in this kind of economy. You can cuss what ever you want and call names FUCKTARD get mad at everybody or whatever but wont change a thing everytime you wake up the same old story is this me till i retire or die "HEY REALITY BITES" WAKE UP!!!!!!!!

58 months ago

lol monitoring 9 patinets at the sametime i call b.s

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

58 months ago

lmao im the loser giggles to myself. im not the one that said that pct does'nt need anymore training serious, slap yourself... but i can bet you would be the first one crying and slinging snot, throwing a pct under the bus if something happen then saying i told u them damn techs needed more edu and training .... stealsyndrome ...lmaoooo

Kim- in snellville, Georgia

58 months ago

I'm a new CNA/PCT, EKG Tech and Phlebotomy Tech. Trying to find a job but everywhere is looking for experience candidates. How did you start out? Any suggestions for me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

PCT2010 in Chicago, Illinois

58 months ago

stealsyndrome and feds -you guys rock and kick ass. Although I understand what Kirsten is saying regarding more training; it really is up to ANY health care worker to better themselves by getting more involved in the field that they are working in. I knew nothing about dialysis, except the basic concepts of filtering the blood and taking the place of damaged kidneys. I befriended a very sweet woman from this forum and she just graduated dialysis training. And this whole month her and I been talking dialysis this, dialysis that -but it was really her that taught me a lot. And I find myself researching more and more about dialysis; learning more than before. No one told me to. I wanted to better myself in knowing more about this special field, and it was up to me to do so. And I learned even more info just by the responses from you guys. I'm from Chicago too! ;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

elizabeth Taylor in Gilbert, Arizona

58 months ago

hanna in Phoenix, Arizona said: I need info about getting free or paid training as a dialysis tech been doing cna work for 8 years tired of it went to school for medical assistant not worth it someone help!!!!!I wannt try being a tech.single mom of 1 boy. Phx AZ

yes in gilbert/chandler they have this kind of training in community college it $900.

FEDS in Hines, Illinois

58 months ago

@PCT2010 thx by the way this is FEDS from WAukeegan yeah you dont rely only on the training that the school or company that trained you, you will even learn a lot from patients and we even had a tech that is a former patient.One of our former medical director is the author of dialysis books you can buy it in Barnes and Noble and Borders Dr. Ing is the name he's more on dialysis research now.@Kristen idk if im goin to laugh or what but im that kind of LVL of thinking but in the Federal govt even in University of Illinois Chicago we cater Acutes and Chronic so more than 4 patients that is nothing, give you an example you are oncall see even us we do oncalls till 3am your tour of duty is 11a and someone calls in just even one and its not your turn to do acutes you have only 17 pt with a nurse and 3techs 5 each and nurse have 2 then ICU called you need to do 2ppl 4hrs and that is a priority ICU so nurse need to send 2 ppl up in the ICU and then the rest need to divide it with you and the nurse the bad part there if your oncall they can call you until 3am then someone shows up in the ER the problem need dialysis but no access yet LOL!!! now your screwed.The solution there I can give you one if you know what your job is ask if it is fluid or clearance if clearance what is the K+ if only high lvl K+ hey give Pt Keyaxelate that will do the trick till the next morning OR for the 2 ICU pt again talk to the Dr.what is the goal clean or remove if CLEAN up the dialysate and the QB if no heart problem and put in low K+ acid if REMOVE hey do Na modelling if Problem in BP and do UF profiling lower the Temp and increase the Levophed if up the goal without creating hypotension then request for a less dialysis time.There!! that are basic stuff i mean basic you dont get info everyday but here that is rookie knowledge.by the way kristen if dont believe research any Federal VA hosp that is how the way they do it they dont pay $22.00-$35.00/hr dialysis Techs for nothing in the VA

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

kristen in Lilburn, Georgia

58 months ago

lol.. FEDS i was'nt talking about hospitals i was talking about centers. i think hospitals pay more but im not sure ,and if u really want the truth i think the pct should make more money just because the pct spend more time and the most work with the patients then the nurses and biotechs but most biotechs and nurses dont look at that way they look as if u have a degree are not and thats what was tryin to say that the pct need lil more edu.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

biofilm in hinsdale, Illinois

58 months ago

New here interesting discussion and information.I can only say is in clinics the information is all there from training manuals and everything but for pay sorry when pigs fly.Why it's a money making company they even down size ppl just this year.I agree what FEDS and stealsyndrome and not sure there are two feds the only thing you can get more money if you unionize thst is it.I work for WSKC got and was bought by Fresenius and took the BONENT even its not required but to upgrade myself they said good for you LOL!!! thats it.So time to go to a hospital based dialysis.For training sorry they dont train how to become a dialysis tech or upgrade you you do it yourself by like what feds from waukeegan is it.by attending seminars being a member of an organization and reading magazines about dialysis.About the issue firing for the federal employees its a long shot bc your protected by the EEOC,Union and OSCS bc they are tenured so even you really did it wrong they cant just throw you under the bus or somebody under the bus.For the private sector it doesnt matter manager,tech or nurse or biomed in my experience seen it all diff ranks if someone up there dont like you your in big trouble what ever your rank is BUT the big but LOL!! if you know your job well and they see waht your talking about most i see they just give you first a verbal warning next written write up then suspension then termination.This is fresenius ok.by the way i work at the federal right now that is why im thinking who the heck is this three from hines im from hines but i red that they are now RN's if that is true guys i think i know who you guys are Hey this is Eric if im correct FEDS or should i say Teacher LOL or former BOSS haha!! pls respond if im correct.

kristen in Lithonia, Georgia

58 months ago

lmao ok never mind... ghetto need i say more.... now i know lmao

neuropathy in la jolla, California

58 months ago

LOL!! i love this not new just a reader but tempted to respond LOL!you guys forgot your talking to a blood washing Tech.complained that not enough TRAINING in centers in private sector ex. FMC,DAVITA ETC.Ans.Uh? what more training you need and enumerated subjects to learn.Didn't respond what kind but Answered TECH INTERACTS MORE THAN NURSES LOL.Your not been paid to interact even that is part of it as a nurse you have a command responsibility to the whole staff/patient in the unit and your lisence is on the line.A well rounded educated tech knows that LOL!Next pay they ans. be unioninized but responded immaturely calling names LOL!and then the pt ratio the chicago guys are not worried and complaining having more than 4pt even here we exp that and then a 3-4 ratio yeah your right its time to party.Again didnt get it they are not comparing hosp to clinics they are saying we having a lot dont complain and worry you 3-4pt crying foul.And the best of all Education get it dont wait for it that is what they are saying LOL its just like lying down under the tree waiting for the apple to fall in her mouth stand up and pick it up haha.And yeah JUST A TECH?BUTTOM OF THE POLE?manager in a dialysis univ.hosp is a tech in Chicago even here a coordinator in one private dialysis Co.is a tech not a nurse so JUST A TECH HUH!Wasting your time guys explaining even our pt said its like a chef and a cook both cook steak the difference is the chef is cooking in Les Cirque $80 a steak the other a cook in Sizzler flipping a steak $10 a piece so the education and exp is far away FEDS is right im not at your Level Ouch!!even salary wise SHOUT OUT HERE from LaJolla VA by the way you guys forgot the payscale you said is old they changed it already form title 38 to Hybrid so the starting is not $41,000 anymore its higher that is without overtime and differential.So what is it?LOL maybe theyre right no pay and railroad you bc it can tell alot how the way your reacted here LOL!!

kristen in Lithonia, Georgia

58 months ago

lmao.. i guess this is AMERICA FOR YOU, THEY CAN PULL A CRACK HEAD OFF THE STREET AND TRAIN THEM NO WONDER OTHER COUNTRIES LAUGH AT US OVER !!!!!

58 months ago

there we go kristen you answered your own question and wondering why your complaining for an increase of pay and addittional training LOL. blame Fresenius if your under them they are a German company that is uninionize in the main office in Germany but here in the US they dont want to pay you and get unionize except ppl from the NYC Bronx area 2 units are unionize bc they know better whats coming so before they were bought they establish a union and they are the most paid units under fresenius in the US and they cant do anything about it.

58 months ago

biofilm in hinsdale, Illinois said: there we go kristen you answered your own question and wondering why your complaining for an increase of pay and addittional training LOL. blame Fresenius if your under them they are a German company that is uninionize in the main office in Germany but here in the US they dont want to pay you and get unionize except ppl from the NYC Bronx area 2 units are unionize bc they know better whats coming so before they were bought they establish a union and they are the most paid units under fresenius in the US and they cant do anything about it.

LOL!!! separate the men from the boys or separate the dialysis techs"push button ppl" from dialysis technologist.Anyway enough with this nonsense comment wants to be paid and trained cant show nothing even in knowledge wise about dialysis i bet she doesnt even know what BIOFILM is or the difference between stealsyndrome and neuropathy when sees one.Back to basic we joined here anyway to help and give info. by the way biofilm did the chicagoland area got the memo about the title 38 to hybrid?

58 months ago

neuropathy in la jolla, California said: LOL!!! separate the men from the boys or separate the dialysis techs"push button ppl" from dialysis technologist.Anyway enough with this nonsense comment wants to be paid and trained cant show nothing even in knowledge wise about dialysis i bet she doesnt even know what BIOFILM is or the difference between stealsyndrome and neuropathy when sees one.Back to basic we joined here anyway to help and give info. by the way biofilm did the chicagoland area got the memo about the title 38 to hybrid?
Yeah we did its about $1,000+ additional pay bc we have a new staff member were trying to teach her how to use the CVVH,transonic,siderite and portable RO machines.so her starting is about $43,000+ but you know she will earn more than that esp were telling her to get the Advance Cardiac Life Support certification and if she wants more than that take the Biomed for dialysis technologist program but she said shes looking to be a nurse.She came from Fresenius its really funny bc at first hse is overwhelmed how the way we do things here and in meetings like brain storming everytiime,aguing about protocols and policies and procedures bc the Inspector General is coming LOL!!!

58 months ago

biofilm in hinsdale, Illinois said: Yeah we did its about $1,000+ additional pay bc we have a new staff member were trying to teach her how to use the CVVH,transonic,siderite and portable RO machines.so her starting is about $43,000+ but you know she will earn more than that esp were telling her to get the Advance Cardiac Life Support certification and if she wants more than that take the Biomed for dialysis technologist program but she said shes looking to be a nurse.She came from Fresenius its really funny bc at first hse is overwhelmed how the way we do things here and in meetings like brain storming everytiime,aguing about protocols and policies and procedures bc the Inspector General is coming LOL!!!

DANG!!! the Inspector or the IG is coming?those ppl dont joke around anyway you know what to do so how is the structure of your unit any grade, step or for nurses by lvl?

evvy in Franklin Square, New York

58 months ago

does anyone have information on working on cruise ships that have dialysis treatments for patients ??? thanx

evvy in Franklin Square, New York

58 months ago

samantha in Winder, Georgia said: Please can someone tell me if the Manhattan Institute is a good school to attend for dialysis tech training? Can you get a job not being certified? It seems that you need 1,000 hours of clinical experience before you can take the exam to be certified, so someone must hire new graduates of schools. Is it better to get on-the-job training that Fresenius offers (do they still offer that)?

If anybody can help me....... THANK YOU !!!!!!!

interviewed this school did not like it, at the time(this summer) they only had evening classes. and their dialysis machine was old and looked as if it had been vandalized, Try Boces (on Long Island) or Dialysis4Career in Hempstead, Long Island... very good run by Davita 1600.00 dollars accredited no financial aid, though..567.00 @ BOCES...Good luck

chell in Laurel, Maryland

57 months ago

kristen in Lawrenceville, Georgia said: i was wondering how much money was pct making 10 years ago. it seems pct was making the money back then but now not so great..

Hey 10 years ago I was making 10.50 in NC. In 2004 I made 14.75 in Ga. Techs work too hard for this little bit of money. The crazy thing is everything is going up but your pay. smh...

chell in Laurel, Maryland

57 months ago

kristen in Lilburn, Georgia said: lol.. FEDS i was'nt talking about hospitals i was talking about centers. i think hospitals pay more but im not sure ,and if u really want the truth i think the pct should make more money just because the pct spend more time and the most work with the patients then the nurses and biotechs but most biotechs and nurses dont look at that way they look as if u have a degree are not and thats what was tryin to say that the pct need lil more edu.

The only way to get paid more money is to work for a dialysis traveling company. ( starting pay is about 19.00 an hr and they pay for everything) Or go to school for nursing. Good Luck

Wondering girl in Skokie, Illinois

57 months ago

Can anyone tell me what starting pay at davita in southern illinois is

Wondering girl in Skokie, Illinois

57 months ago

Am in Rochester, Michigan said: From what I understand Davita is very similar to Fresenius...probably 3 shifts ranging from 10hr-13hrs 3 days per week...start off in a training/education program (paid)for about a month-2 months. You'll learn the theory behind dialysis and then you'll get put with a preceptor on the clinic floor who will demonstrate and then observe you setting up machines, initiating treatments, terminating treatments, cleaning machines...Fast paced, busy, the day goes by real fast..pay might be PPT (pay-per-treatment) depending on the clinic..? You will get used to your patients and they will learn to trust you. You'll learn how to get them safely thru each treatment and keep their blood pressure stable...If you get set up with a great preceptor--that will make a HUGE difference! =)

do you know how much davita pays in southern Illinois for the tech position

kelly in Mich in Lapeer, Michigan

57 months ago

I am an LPN and since Davita does'nt hire LPN's in the Flint, MI area, they offered me a job as a Patient Care Tech instead. My question is Is there anyone that works at Davita as a PCT that is an LPN and if so do they pay you more since your a nurse? I would love this job experience only if there's a little more per since I feel I'm over qualified for the position?

kelly in Mich in Lapeer, Michigan

57 months ago

And if so how much do you make per hr?

chellme in Chester, Virginia

57 months ago

Hey... I've never heard of them doing that, but if you are an lpn you should demand a higher salary. My friend as a lpn in NC makes only 16.50. the techs make 15.00. Dialysis isn't hard but there is a lot of work to do and the early hours are crazy... but I love it... You could try a Dr office if that doesn't workout... good luck

57 months ago

what is the starting pay up north for a dialysis tech? i know here in GA its between $11.00 and $13.00 seems kinda low!

Diva Girl in Chicago, Illinois

57 months ago

I've applied to Davita and Frenesis over 10 times and never get a call back. I'm a CNA but I don't have any dialysis experience. I think that is what they are looking for. Is there anyone in Chicago working for one of these companies that can help me get my foot in the door? Please help!

ginna in Whitney, Texas

57 months ago

does being a state certified hemodialysis tech qualify you as a phlebotomist, if not what else can u do in a hospital setting.

alyssah in nowhere, Indiana

56 months ago

Does anyone know how to get a union started. I work for FMC and have been there for 10 yrs. In a town 50 miles from where i live DSI and Devita are starting their pct out $5.00/hr more then what I make.

Nora Fernando in Chicago, Illinois

56 months ago

Aquastingray in Tipp City, Ohio said: I have a bad back and got approved for retraining to DO jobs without heavy lifting. I want to work in the medical field, I love helping people in need. CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF MEDICAL ASSISTANT OR DIALYSIS TECHNICIAN CAREERS WOULD BE GOOD FOR ME CONSIDERING I HAVE A BAD BACK. ANY FEEDBACK WILL BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANKS!!!!!!

dialysis technician job requires a lot of heavy lifting.start with the putting/ carrying salt to put in the brine tank for the treatment water everyday, plus the bicarbonate and acid for your machines and most of all patients. I'm a dialysis technician myself and diagnosed with herniated disc/osteophytes and I'm not supposed to lift heavy stuff and still working despite coz I have no choice I cannot work with restrictions bec.I have the most evil and meanest manager that don't care about anybody but budget.Anyway It is risky for this work that's why I'm also looking for another job as soon as I can find one. Medical Assistant is more better for you especially if you work in the Doctor's clinic,less lifting heavy stuff.

Nora Fernando in Chicago, Illinois

56 months ago

alyssah in nowhere, Indiana said: Does anyone know how to get a union started. I work for FMC and have been there for 10 yrs. In a town 50 miles from where i live DSI and Devita are starting their pct out $5.00/hr more then what I make.

You can search their site in Google or yahoo, then go from there.But my advice is work for any dialysis provider except
Fresenius cause they are the cheapest dialysis employer.I know you are already 10 years with FMC but you wont be sorry if you try DSI OR Devita you can start again but with more money and t also offer great benefits you will be treated fair.

chelle in Chester, Virginia

56 months ago

Medical Assistant will be better for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mkcruz7 in Chicago, Illinois

56 months ago

peacemaker in Chicago, Illinois said: Hi, I am from chicago and I am trying to go into the dialysis field, could you please e-mail me and give me more info. I am currently an C.N.A and I am so burt out and I am not making the kind of money that you have mentioned. I would greatly appreciate any and all info. Thank you and may GOD bless you. My e-mail address is peacemaker5540@yahoo.com

there are a few more schools in chicago but they do charge a pretty penny.. but without them in il or cook county area hard to get in a company.. recently in ILLINOIS as of 2009 if you didnt have youre state certification to practice being a dialysis tech you were being fired until you got the training and passed the state exam and could come back.. this opened a field that was normally hard to get into before. but now there is opportunity for people that get training and get state certifired to get a job.. hope this was helpful..

sandy in Mount Prospect, Illinois

56 months ago

You could try Jethro School, I graduated from this school 2 years ago.

misswa in Tampa, Florida

55 months ago

How do I feel about being a Dtech for a few yrs?

I feel that Dtechs are unappreciated and under-paid for all the tasks we are responsible for on the floor. They say we are on the forefront, and would be the first ones to recognize if anything should go wrong during the tx of pts., that of all of the staff members we can influence the pts. health for the better, that we are the most important part of keeping pts. with renal failure alive.

We are nothing but PAWNS for the Dr.s who goes in the clinic, sees their pts. for 2mins and gets paid a weeks worth of our labor for that 2mins and just walk pass us like we were not even there. The daisy nurses that follows, how is it that we are doing more on the floor and they seemed more exhausted? Exhausted from taking their time drawing up meds, being the clinic's secretary, so quick to take phone calls and forgeting all about the pt.'s assessments, and most of all sitting down for hours doing nursing notes??? Let me just say this few words, " If you are a lazy, bad opportunistic person, please, for the love of God, DO NOT GO IN TO THIS FIELD. You will be endangering people's lives!" If you are planning to enter this field, please, don't be like me, a pawn..... Don't waste your time with this career, especially if you are planning to go to school for it. Also, since you are required to be a certified Dtech upon being hired anyway. Go straight for RN and be that incredible nurse who would truly care for dialysis pts. What's keeping me with this job? COMPASSION... while making a living...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

boydram in Valrico, Florida

55 months ago

Can someone advise me on a good school in the tampa area for cna

sunshine in Des Plaines, Illinois

55 months ago

Congratulation my classmate - Michelle Mendoza for passing the CCHT Board Exam - Jethro School graduate

Daniel in Irvington, New Jersey

54 months ago

Is hemodialysis program in Essex county college,newark an approved BONENT education program?

Rytooquik in Lakewood, California

54 months ago

Does anyone know of any dialysis facilities hiring in southern California besides DaVita and Fresenius ?

evvy in Freeport, New York

54 months ago

I am finished Dialysis class,have ekg and phlebotomy, and am looking for that first position..Any suggestions?? Everybody seems to want experience? How do we ever manage to get experience if we cannot get hired? Am I missing something here? Any advice will be appreciated.. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   4  5  6  7  8  9  10  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.