Qualifications in being a Personal Assistant

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Sarah in Dayton, Ohio

115 months ago

Hello everyone. I have a few questions about being a personal assistant, and hope you all might be able to give me some advice! I am interested in working as a personal assistant, and have found an amazing job opportunity as a personal assistant for a ceo of a real estate investment group. I am really interested in applying, but I'm not sure if it is out of my league or if I'll just look like a fool. I have not worked as a personal assistant before. The job doesn't require previous experience, but it is a plus. I have worked in an office for the past few years. I work directly under the office manager and am responsible for her job when she's out. Other than that I've worked in customer service and sales. I think I do have a lot of the qualities needed for the job, though. I am extremely organized, very good at multi-tasking, time management and working quickly and efficiently. I learn very quickly, have a great memory and have a motivated attitude and a "can't say no" personality. The job requires those types of skills and requires you to be available 24/7. I don't have kids or a family and being "on call" wouldn't be an issue. I really enjoy a challenge and new experiences and think I could do well in this type of position. But, I just don't know if it is out of my league or if my application will just get laughed at. I'm pretty sure I'm going to just give it a go and apply (you can't get hired if you don't apply, right?). But, I was just looking for opinions. Thanks a lot everyone!

- Was this comment helpful?
Reply - Report abuse

Lungile Ngubeni in South Africa

34 months ago

No sarah I think you should apply for the job of being PA, becouse its your first opportunity and this is your chance to show or prove who you are and what u got. If u missed this opportunity I think you will regret, go ahead u will learn,I know the are going to be mistakes but I guess you will learn from them.Do what is good for you. I also like the PA job, so go for it Sarah and good luck

Reply - Report abuse

mss Mohamed in Johannesburg, South Africa

33 months ago

Hi there I'm sitting here actually wishing I was you, go in there its an opportunity be self don't let anyone in intermediate before the interview take a deep breath exhale and go get them sel your self make them want by sel you're self I don't mean in that way sel your personality and hard working enthusiastic and career driven Google the job discription see what is expected of you. You can do this

Reply - Report abuse

mss Mohamed in Johannesburg, South Africa

33 months ago

Wish I had an opportunity like all i want is and admin job or just any job agency are using i was once told I'm not black enough that hurts I'm up all night job searching I leave home at 5 in the morning looking for something to support my daughter and my 9 year orphan brother ,I apply and a ply but no luck at least you have an opportunity and here its al about who you know and I know no one no contacts at all

Reply - Report abuse

Hussein ALGBURI in Louisville, Kentucky

14 months ago

Hi everyone, I'm going to start this kind of job soon, never worked as PA before but i have experiance work with some NGOs

Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.