How "accepted" is the job as a personal assistant in the USA?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

davidrtwissjr in Opelika, Alabama

41 months ago

Personal Assistants are well received in the states - most of the states anyway. You will find a lot of companies willing to change a title to fit the person accepting a position. For instance, if a position is titled "Office Manager" and you are also dealing w/ upper level, high profile executives and the like, a title of "Personal Assistant/Office Manager" applies. Hourly rates will differ greatly depening on the company you are servicing. As a rule, I charge no less then twently dollars per hour, when dealing w/ hourly wage. Otherwise, contractual salaries are more easily negotiated and is a better selling point to the company over an hourly wage - simply because of labor laws. Usually ancillary employees receive an hourly rate and unless you plan on "being an employee" you should omit "per hour" lanquage. A "Personal Assistant" position is more easlily achieved as a contractual employee or as a permenant part of the executive staff. Good luck and I hope this information is of use to you. Please ck out my web page on Facebook: David R. Twiss, Jr.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

davidrtwissjr in Montgomery, Alabama

41 months ago

Also, look at positions for "Executive Assistants", these positions come closest to the PA role for business. If you are interested in being a home based or personal "Personal Assistant", try running an advertisement in any area you are intrested in moving to and ck the response you receive.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.