Anyone ever gone through Pharmaceutical Sales Certification course through NAPSRx?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 561)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

Randall in Kennesaw, Georgia

74 months ago

I would like to know how to get started. I have a BS in Construction Management. With the down-turn in the housing industry I have been forced to find a new career. Any suggestions???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Randall in Kennesaw, Georgia

74 months ago

Is PHARCOR a good choice for information?

Julianne Velarde in Lake Havasu City, Arizona

74 months ago

Fran - Recruiter in Cheshire, Connecticut said: I am a pharmaceutical recruiter looking for CNPR graduates to fill pharmaceutical sales openings in the Northeast. My pharmaceutical client is seeking the CNPR Training with some sales experience and some college. Please email if you have the above at rxstaff0117@hotmail.com

Hi Fran

I just ordered the material to get started with the CNPR training. I have a 4 yr degree in Applied Psychology from Regis University but looking to seek employment as either a recruiter or pharmaceutical sales rep. Question is, how do I get into an entry level recruitment position in the industry?

I am originally from Mystic CT and plan on relocating back to that area within the next year. This would be an ideal time to look into this field and potential possibilities prior to the relocation.

Best
Julianne Velarde

Brenda Probert in Denver, Colorado

74 months ago

Julianne:
Your degree and background sounds like a good fit for the industry.
Brenda, Solvay Pharma -- Specialty Rep

MyCareer in San Diego, California

74 months ago

Medical Sales via CNPR NASPRx in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania said: Believe it or not...the NAPSRx program is pretty good. It gives you entry level exposure on the industry and how the system works. This program will not make you a better salesman, but it will open your eyes to the terminology and life cycles of various products, as well, how government and big Pharma companies influence the market. It is actually worth the money, though I never got a pharma job with it - I jumped that industry and went straight into Capital Equipment Sales in the Medical Industry $$$$$$$$. My current boss even mentioned the CNPR after giving me my offer letter, said he was impressed and considered it like CMEs. (continuing medical education for the newbies)

If you can't get into pharma right away...I highly recommend selling copiers for two years at one of the majors. i.e. (Xerox,Konica Minolta,Canon,Richo etc.) I know that sounds horrible, but read on.

6 out of the 9 people I started with, less than 2 years in the copier world, are now in either Pharma or Medical Sales. And the rest are interviewing!!!

Someone once told me that the copier industry was the ticket to getting into the Pharma or Medical Industry, I wish I could remember whom that person was because I owe them my life. Quadrupled my total yearly income in under 3 years from 75k to ...well, you do the math.

CNPR is real, the opportunities are real, the money I make and you could - they're REAL!!!!

Interview strong & confident ---and prepare to work your @*% off, cause once you're in, there are 1000's that want your job!!!

Good Luck!!!

This is the best advice I've seen so far and thanks for the encouragement. I have over 8 years sales experience in the real estate industry and I'm having a ruff time trying to find employment in this field. I guess I can use some guidance.

MyCareer in San Diego, California

74 months ago

leving in New York, New York said: I have 9 years of experience in the pharmaceutical industy, of which 5 have been as a District Sales Manager. You would be waisting your time and money on taking that course. As a hiring sales manager in the industry...that certificate means absolutely nothing because pharma companies will train you on everything you need to know about the product and disease state knowledge. Its sad that the company who provides this CNRP training is capitalizing and preying on people who want to break into the industry. DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!. Here are tips that I would recommend to get into the industry.

1. Getting a referral from a representative with the company of interest is always ideal. A lot of jobs are filled through internal referrals. If you dont know a rep, physician offices and medical buildings are a breeding ground for reps. If you are outgoing, hang out in a medical office building and approach a rep. Let them know that you are really interested in getting into pharmaceutical sales and learning more about the position(ask for a card). If they are impressed, they will probably would recommend you because if you are hired, they will get a referral bonus. Also, most managers encourage their reps to proactively recruite.
2.Job/Career Fairs-that is a great way to meet with a hiring manager and/or one of their developmental representatives. During the 5 minutes that you have to talk, make sure your personality shines. Get that person to like you.
3.Send your resume to the employer on-line. Unfortunately, a lot of companies have a series of qualifying questions that they ask in order to disqualify candidates that arent the "right fit" .So, if you dont have the traditional 2 yrs B2B sales with few jobs after college, then the system will disqualify you. So, if you have a non-traditional background that does not involve sales, it may be hard to get past the HR department.
4.Recruiter-but find a really good one that has a l

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Heather in Largo, Florida

74 months ago

I have a B.S in Biopsycholgy and a Business minor. I am having trouble landing any kind of interview with a legit company. I taught bio/geomentry for a year but want to get into sales. Any advice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Ashley--PharmaRep in Atlanta, Georgia

74 months ago

Do you have your CNPR? It is a little competitive with economy being the way it is and most pharmaceutical companies are looking for the CNPR. There was a big article about it in PHARMACEUTICAL REPRESENTATIVE magazine this month.

74 months ago

Ashley--PharmaRep in Atlanta, Georgia said: Do you have your CNPR? It is a little competitive with economy being the way it is and most pharmaceutical companies are looking for the CNPR. There was a big article about it in PHARMACEUTICAL REPRESENTATIVE magazine this month.

I'm not firmiliar with what exactly being CNPR certified is. I could use some sound advice.

74 months ago

Justin-Lilly Sales Mgr. in Chicago, Illinois said: I work for Eli Lilly and we recently hired several CNPR Graduates. I know several of them would be willing to sell their used NAPSRx Training Manuals. Some are 2007 and others 2008. Email me if you want to purchase any of them at jst_lilly@yahoo.com

I have my B.S is Biopsychology and a Business minor. I have had trouble trying to get an interview. Any advice for me?

74 months ago

Megan-P in Naples, Florida said: I know our company, GlaxoSmithKline, has job postings on the NAPSRX website. I am a sales mgr. and would like to receive resumes for CNPR Graduates for the Southern U.S. Region. My email is glaxosalesmgr09@aol.com

Are you only looking for CNPR graduates? I have my B.S in Biopsychology and a business minor. I am very hard working and given a chance I know I could be very sucessful.

Ashley--PharmaRep in Atlanta, Georgia

74 months ago

Heather in Largo, Florida said: Are you only looking for CNPR graduates? I have my B.S in Biopsychology and a business minor. I am very hard working and given a chance I know I could be very sucessful.

According to PHARMACEUTICAL REPRESENTATIVE magazine all new hires are supposed to have their CNPR. If you do not have it you will probably will not be called.

Ricpar in Detroit, Michigan

74 months ago

Fran - Recruiter in Cheshire, Connecticut said: I am a pharmaceutical recruiter looking for CNPR graduates to fill pharmaceutical sales openings in the Northeast. My pharmaceutical client is seeking the CNPR Training with some sales experience and some college. Please email if you have the above at rxstaff0117@hotmail.com

I am looking to get into the pharm sales field and about to take the CNPR training at Napsr plus also have a degree with sales exp. thanks

74 months ago

Michael in Williamstown, New Jersey said: Hi Folks - I am interested in selling my NAPSR book and the exam rights. I purchased the course but decided to stay in financial services. I found the course VERY informative and is a great way for someone looking to break into the field to gain an upper hand.

Please email me at njpilot41473@yahoo.com if you would like to purchase my book (at a good discount) and we can make arrangements. I already checked with the NAPSR and I would just need to let them know the new students name to take the exam.

Have a great day!!!

plesae contact me with more info rda1966@yahoo.com

74 months ago

Kiran in Tomball, Texas said: I graduated from NAPSRx in August 08 and still have not heard from any pharmaceutical recruiters. This course would only help if you have a 4 years BA. I have been to most of the career fairs but the pharma companies will not even speak to you if you don't have your 4 years !! So. the NAPSRx should put that in bold " GET 4 YEARS BA AND GET NAPSR CERTIFIED " . Infact , after you graduate , you don't necessarily need this damn certificate! I wasted my money on this.

I have sales exp. and a 4 year degree and can't even get a reply

ellesanti in Worcester, Massachusetts

74 months ago

Hi,
I am trying to get into the HR industry but with no experience. I am a quick learner and I am looking for a company that is willing to train me. Please help my email address is ellesanti@yahoo.com
Thanks!

Lakievia Curd in Augusta, Georgia

73 months ago

Lisa in West Palm Beach, Florida said: The CNPR Training program is the only accredited education program that is available to entry level pharmaceutical sales candidates. I took the course back in 2003 and the NAPSRx CNPR Training is the reason I ended up becoming a pharmaceutical sales rep with Watson Pharmaceuticals. I know do the hiring for reps in over 10 U.S. states and look for the CNPR Training on resumes. I want to interview and hire candidates who have pharmacology training and exposure to the rules and regulations that reps must adhere to. I recommend the CNPR Training to anyone looking to break into a pharma sales career.

Hello Lisa,

I started the CNPR training through Gatlin Education and Augusta State University yesterday. There are 14 lessons and I have already completed 8. I expect to be finished no later than mid December at the rate that I am going. I am currently looking for positions and I am willing to relocate. Do you know of any open positions and where would you recommend I continue my search?

Thanks

tms0313@verizon.net in Northfield, New Jersey

73 months ago

Hi Michael njpilot41473@yahoo and everyone else,

I am interested in the NAPSR book and exam to buy from someone. I have a BA in biology, 3 yrs experience in pathology but ni sales experience and have been trying to get an entry level position in pharm sales. I really want to do this but am a little leary if this doesn't work or can't help get into the industry...please help!!!
Thanks

tms0313@verizon.net in Northfield, New Jersey

73 months ago

I am located in the snj area near Atlantic City, NJ and want to pursue this area very badly, please let me know...thanks

LyndaLee in Palm Springs, California

72 months ago

I am looking to break into pharmaceutical sales without a degree. Any suggestions on companies that will consider years of sales experience instead of the degree.

sandrad1003@yahoo.com in Bolingbrook, Illinois

72 months ago

MyCareer in San Diego, California said:

Would I need a 4 year degree for veternarian, pharma or medical sales? I have about 2.5 years and I'm currently working on my bachelors. I have over 15 years sales experience business to business. I'm around 49 years old. Thanks for your help.

Daisy Kaludova in Saint Petersburg, Florida

71 months ago

Steven Neece in Washington, District of Columbia said:
How to find more information about CNPR certification and trainings ?

William Coe

71 months ago

Just go to www.napsronline.org to get the information on the CNPR Certification/Pharmaceutical Sales Training Program.

Otherwise, there are over 300 major universities and colleges that offer CNPR Training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ACM in Queen Creek, Arizona

70 months ago

I'm interested in the NAPSR book and exam to buy from someone.

julianne V in Lake Havasu City, Arizona

70 months ago

Hi..I would be happy to sell you the material. It was purchased a few months ago but I decided I was going to move forward with my counseling degree rather than pharmaceuticals. As far as I can see, the book is very informative and comprehensive. I have not taken the actual exam but did research the different reviews..mostly positive. Let me know if you are interested in purchasing the book from me..

ACM in Queen Creek, Arizona

70 months ago

julianne V in Lake Havasu City, Arizona said: Hi..I would be happy to sell you the material. It was purchased a few months ago but I decided I was going to move forward with my counseling degree rather than pharmaceuticals. As far as I can see, the book is very informative and comprehensive. I have not taken the actual exam but did research the different reviews..mostly positive. Let me know if you are interested in purchasing the book from me..

How much are you asking for it?

Thanks,
ACM
acmason1@live.com

tms0313@verizon.net in Mays Landing, New Jersey

70 months ago

how much will you sell it for?

70 months ago

I just wrote to you email address...let me know if you received my reply.

Lisa Bauer in Marietta, Georgia

70 months ago

I work for Eli Lilly and just recently passed my CNPR exam. I have the 2008 NAPRx CNPR Manual which prepared for the exam and certainly was the reason I landed my pharmaceutical sales position. I am willing to sell my 2008 Manual for $125. If you are interested in purchasing my CNPR manual email me at lbauer33487@yahoo.com

Daisy Kaludova in Saint Petersburg, Florida

70 months ago

What is going to be the price ? What type of counceling you are doing now ?

70 months ago

Hello Daisy

I am working on my MA in Counseling with a focus on health psychology/ behavioral medicine. If you are interested in the manual email me @ juliemvelarde@aol.com..I will be happy to negotiate a fair price for it. Its just sitting around needing someone to give it a new home!

sannikay55 in Grand Rapids, Michigan

70 months ago

Randall in Kennesaw, Georgia said: Is PHARCOR a good choice for information?

I got some info from Pharcor. David Daniels is the guy that you buy the ebook from. He used to be a hiring sales manager for Pfizer and has a lot of good information on how to get into the industry, how to write a resume (with examples from different career backgrounds), what to expect in an interview and what to do to prepare. The only thing I didn't agree with him on, and I was talking to him on the phone, was he didn't think the CNPR certificate was worth anything. That when he was interviewing that certificate didn't mean squat. I disagreed with him (who am I?), but I didnt say anything. I've seen where too many people have gotten jobs because of it. PLUS, if you can gain information about the industry, then why WOULDN'T you want that knowledge. For me as someone trying to go from insurance sales to pharma, I think the information is vital.

sannikay55 in Grand Rapids, Michigan

70 months ago

Ricpar in Detroit, Michigan said: I have sales exp. and a 4 year degree and can't even get a reply

I was told by David Daniels of Pharcor that too many people always go for the big Pharma companies. That not having pharma experience we won't get too far with them. Start with the small to mid-size pharma. I was told that by the guy at NAPRx too, because I had questions about my age, and whether it was worth it or not. Don't give up, go get your dream!

Ashton P. in Ballwin, Missouri

70 months ago

The CNPR Training is offered at over 300 major universities and colleges. In my opinion and many others these institutions would not offer the CNPR course if it did not mean squat. The training will only get you the interviews and push you through the interview process. Whether they hire you depends on the applicant. It is a sales job so personality, ambition, image, self-discipline and attitude all go along ways on whether you get hired. The CNPR just opens up alot of doors for people.

rhgirlie11@hotmail.com in Grand Prairie, Texas

70 months ago

Does anyone know any information about Pharcor? I have checked the BBB with their email address, phone, address, etc and could not find anything or reports.

If you have used Pharcor please let me know what your personal thought, review...I guess is it "really" worth it?

Thanks

Biomed undergrad in Pikesville, Maryland

70 months ago

I have an undergrad degree in Biomedical Engineering and I am currently pursuing my MBA to gain business experience. I am looking to break into the pharma/medical device industry but I've had no success. I have considered the CNPR certification but like others I'm skeptical. I don't want to just get the certification, I want this to undoubtedly make me more marketable and help get me into the career I want. Without any B2B sales experience is this worth it? Any suggestions?

2decover2@sbcglobal.net in Arlington, Texas

70 months ago

Does anyone have information about Pharcor?

JT in Ballwin, Missouri

70 months ago

I have never heard of PharCor and neither has any of my colleagues. Are they a R & D company?

2decover2@sbcglobal.net in Dallas, Texas

70 months ago

Their website is Pharcor.com it is a pharmaceutical & medical sales placement corp. I checked BBB against their email, address, phone found no file against them. Seems the same for placement and information into the field as NAPSRx.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Enforcer in Chesterfield, Missouri

70 months ago

Ashley in Atlanta stated that, “According to PHARMACEUTICAL REPRESENTATIVE magazine all new hires are supposed to have their CNPR. If you do not have it you will probably will not be called.”

This is a ludicrous statement. Where in Pharmaceutical Representative magazine does it state that all new hires are supposed to have CNPR certification? Please tell us.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

JT-Rep with GSK

70 months ago

I received Pharmaceutical Representative magazine and it does state in their that reps are recommended to get the CMR and CNPR. I get it every month.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

Hey Y'all!

I am taking the CPNR through NAPRS! I really enjoy it and have learned so much. I knew this field would be great for me, as I love to learn new things constantly, but I didn't realize how perfect it fit my personality and natural skills and talents until I started taking the course. I don't really know how effective it will be when I try to get hired but, so far, I know you learn. I learned about the course because it was offered at Augusta State University through Gatlin Education. I receive a highly competitive scholarship. Only 500 youth in the country get this scholarship. I was suprised but encouraged to know that even they supported it because they are particular about what they pay for, but they paid for it! So, it must be something. If y'all know anyone that is looking for a highly self-motivated, and ambitious person with outstanding public speaking skills and experience send them my way!

Oh yeah,

I would recommend keeping your manual if you start the training. It has really great info in it that you may need to refer back to one day. You never know!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

70 months ago

By the way, I have not been paid to say any of this! I didn't even pay for the course, so I know it has to be valid. Anyone familiar with scholarships would know that they won't pay for anything that is not legitimate!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Lauren in Dallas, Texas

70 months ago

I would love to get into the pharmaceutical sales industry but I have no experience. I am looking into getting my CNPR certification but I am curious how much this will help me with the job hunt and actually getting a job. Also, I am curious if it is better to take it through NAPRx or to take it though an university. I know the university is more expensive and has more hours involved, but is it better? Can anyone help me!! Thanks so much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Enforcer in Chesterfield, Missouri

70 months ago

JT-Rep with GSK stated that, "I received Pharmaceutical Representative magazine and it does state in their (sic) that reps are recommended to get the CMR and CNPR. I get it every month."

Where does it state in Pharmaceutical Representative magazine that reps are recommended to get the CMR and CNPR? Recommended by who? The pharma companies? PhRMA? The editors of PharmRep? Have they taken an editorial position on the subject?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Pharmsales in Farmington, Michigan

70 months ago

I would like to buy the 2009 CNPR manual from anyone.

Training Mgr.

70 months ago

We have 3 left over from a recent entry level training session for some new hires. We can sell them for $99.00. Email me at glaxosalesmgr09@aol.com

Thea in Absecon, New Jersey

70 months ago

Training Mgr. said: We have 3 left over from a recent entry level training session for some new hires. We can sell them for $99.00. Email me at glaxosalesmgr09@aol.com

where do we send a check to? payable to whom?

Training Mgr.

70 months ago

We can do it through the PAYPAL account. Give me your email and I can send instuctions. My email again is glaxosalesmgr09@aol.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Denise Weinert in San Francisco, California

70 months ago

Theresa Cochran in Westchester, New York said: I work for Merck and I know they look for a 4 year degree. However, we do have some people who have had long careers in the military or in sales and no degrees who ended up working as pharma reps. I know our company uses the NAPSRx. I recommend their CNPR Training to anyone trying to break into the industry. It is a lot easier for the pharmaceutical companies to get new reps out into the sales field if they already have pharmaceutical sales training.

Theresa,
I am in the San Francisco Bay Area, I am doing the home training rather than taking the course work at a local college. Any recommendations for me?? Once I pass the test what is the protocol for a job search?
Thanks,
Denise
Palo Alto, CA

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »