Looking to get into the sales field.

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1)

ollieolson in Nacogdoches, Texas

43 months ago

My name is David Olson and I am currently employed as a project engineer on a heavy industrial power plant. I earned a bachelor's degree May of 2010 in Industrial Technology with a Construction Management Emphasis from Bemidji State University.

During my high school days and during my college years I worked for GNC(General Nutrition Center). During that time, roughly six years, I worked as a sales associate and was often offered a management level position from the company. I could not accept it due to my school load as well as being a college athlete in the sport of football.

Since my employment from sales to construction management I have wanted to get back into sales. I don’t feel the self satisfaction after an 11-16 hour day that I did with an 8 hour day in sales. I have a personal desire to work in sales, in a career where I can succeed competitively among my peers. I am very conscientious when performing tasks that are assigned to me, and I feel that I offer the skills, determination, and self motivation to thrive in this profession. I am confident that my interpersonal communication skills and sales experience, along with positive energy and commitment to excellence, will contribute to the success of any company I am employed with.
I have applied at various online job search websites and have had nothing in response. Each of my attempts I attach a cover letter and resume. All of these attempts I have made have been for those looking for “Entry Level to Experienced” sales people. I am wondering what I am missing to get a response and would also like to ask how some of you got into this field.
Any advice is greatly appreciated!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.