How does an individual enter the pharmaceutical sales industry? Entry Level position?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

T Clark in Utica, New York

93 months ago

I am a recent graduate with a Bachelors Degree in Business Management. I have worked extremely hard to earn my degree; married with 4 children. I am pursuing a career in the pharmaceutical industry, however, the companies have required 2-3 or more years of experience.

How can I get in??????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

nonee in Boston, Massachusetts

92 months ago

work for 2-3 years in sales ? Having a background in science helps. I'm still in college but I have landed a paid internship with a pharmacuitical company as a drug rep. Having a major of 'pharmacuitical marketing and management' helped out alot, but being persistant and having an excellent interview and prior sales expierence in another field was also key.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

MsTee in Nedrow, New York

92 months ago

Thank you for your response! I graduated in December 2005, earning a Bachelor of Science in Business/Public Management and I am finding it difficult to enter the Pharmaceutical industry, entry level.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

91 months ago

Without a clinical background you are competing against stiff competition (BS/BSN, MS/MSN) for jobs. Clinicians are running from clinical positions into this sector. Many are doing post-bac degree work in this area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

scotty weatherman in Augusta, Georgia

87 months ago

T Clark in Utica, New York said: I am a recent graduate with a Bachelors Degree in Business Management. I have worked extremely hard to earn my degree; married with 4 children. I am pursuing a career in the pharmaceutical industry, however, the companies have required 2-3 or more years of experience.

How can I get in??????

go to www.aurigalabs.com, they do not require pharm experience. they train there way.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

ramon in Weehawken, New Jersey

83 months ago

whats with this auriga labs stuff? look at its reputation on cafepharma (www.cafepharma.com/boards/forumdisplay.php?f=291) and its terrible. youre better off putting up a compelling resume on monster, finding multiple recruiters (many will tell you you don't have a shot in hell - don't listen to him/her and find another), or working for a contract company like inventiv or pdi. in the meantime, just work for a copier, office supply, or payroll sales or even a rent a car company like enterprise just to pay the bills and get sales experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Mike in Oxnard, California

61 months ago

This article sets a good expectation of what an interview will be like.
snipsly.com/2009/11/30/pharmaceutical-sales-job-interview-questions-to-expect/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.