entry level pharm sales

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

jobless in Sanford, North Carolina

43 months ago

I graduated in Dec. 2009 with a degree in communication studies with a focus public relations. I have been out of work since July of 2010 and have yet to find a new job. I want to get into pharmaceutical sales but I have no clue where to even begin. I live in an area that is surrounded by companies hiring sales reps. Are there any suggestions of training or special seminars I should look into that can give me an edge on my resume?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

kan7055 in Olathe, Kansas

43 months ago

If you have past sales experience, you will need to highlight that in your resume. Hiring managers are looking for top sales performers. You will need to highlight what your revenue goal was in your last position and what % you achieved that goal. If you were recognized in a President's Cirle or won any trips or awards in your most recent role, you will want to highlight that as well.

Do not spend your money on seminars. Try to do networking through Linkedin or find someone with a pharmaceutial job and generate your own ideas on how to make your resume stand out.

Keep in mind that it is a very challenging industry to get into (especially now). A lot of the large companies (Johnson & Johnson, Pfizer, GSK, Aventis) have done MASSIVE lay-0ffs in the last 18 months. Job security is very weak in this industry unless you can sell a product that is just coming to market or getting ready to launch.

Hope this helps you out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.