What to expect after the interview ???

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

Triniere in Chicago, Illinois

80 months ago

Hi,

I had my first f2f interview with 2 district managers 2 weeks ago today. I felt that the interview went well and of course I followed up with the mandatory "thank you's" and even attempted to close the interview. I was told that I would hear from either HR or my recruiter. As of today, I have not heard either way. I sent email follow ups yesterday, but no response. Is this a normal practice? I do want to be persistent, but not pesky. Any thoughts?????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Amy Graham in Lowry, Virginia

78 months ago

Sorry that I cant really answer your question, but I did apply to the Marriott and it took them over two weeks to respond. I guess I have a bold attitude, I would march right back in there, and say look I need this job and I will work hard for you, now what is your answer!!!LOL No, I do have a question for you though.I graduated back in 1997 from Clemson Univ. with an English degree. I am thinking of getting into Pharm. Sales and I have no idea what I am doing. Do I set up an interview? Bring my diploma and transcripts? I am so lost! Help? How did you get your start? If you wouldnt mind, W/B and give me some idea. Thanks! My name is Amy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SCFLOWER in myrtle beach, South Carolina

78 months ago

I NEED TO BE IN THE PHARMACEUTICAL BUSINESS. I WAS BORN A SALES PERSON AND I KNOW THIS IS MY CALLING. I OBTAINED AN ENGLISH DEGREE. (AT LEAST I CAN TALK) SO NOW I WANT TO DO THIS AND I DONT KNOW WHERE TO START!!!! SOME CUTE, SWEET PERSON OUT THERE.....HELP!!!!!!! AMY

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

jee in Chicago, Illinois

78 months ago

SCFLOWER You will not get an interview speaking like that. It takes a lot of hard work. It is the toughest industry to get into.

To the original poster, it takes a while for some companies to get back to you. I suggest calling your recruiter to follow up. I normally follow up once every week. How did your f2f go?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

SCFLOWER in myrtle beach, South Carolina

78 months ago

(Jee)You odviously dont have much of a personality then because the first sale is YOURSELF!!! Its not rude what I said, its how I would say it. Have confidence, and passion in what you have to say, whether it be to the president of a company or the waiter at a restaurant. If you can make someone like you and do it with a smile on your face, then you have accomplished what you set out to do, and landed the job!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

S in Pasco, Washington

76 months ago

If you wanted to go into pharma sales, why did you get an English degree? That won't help you. What you need is a proven sales record and a useful degree.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Amy in Loris, South Carolina

76 months ago

Yes, I went to college and majored in English because I had no idea what I wanted to do. I have one year left of nursing school, so I know a lot about this field. As I got older, I found that I excelled in Sales. Answer your question?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.