Lies about pharmacist job market

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 885)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

unemployedRPh in Huntsville, Alabama

38 months ago

John in Madison, New Jersey said: I find this whole discussion interesting. Don't forget Dentistry and Optometry...these are also good professions. It is really a shame that teaching is barely paid profession. I am encouraging two of my children to pursue dentistry...good hours, worthwhile work. My other son wants to be an aeronautical engineer and pilot. your thoughts....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

yardleyed in Morrisville, Pennsylvania

38 months ago

Pharmacy is continuing to slowly dry up, now starting even in areas which historically have always had a shortage. Pharmacy is by far the weakest of the health professions, and unlike most of the others is not "hands on",such as Nursing and Physical Therapy. Constantly improving software, government cuts, and a plethora of technicians spell doom to most traditional pharmacy jobs. The only hope is using the education and experience to enter another realm. But, as for traditional "lick and stick" drug store pharmacy, mail order, and most hospital positions-FORGET IT!

PS-Consider Nursing! A nurse with the extensive education of a pharmacist will rise to the top

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

unemployedRPh in Huntsville, Alabama

38 months ago

PS-Consider Nursing! A nurse with the extensive education of a pharmacist will rise to the top

Definitely, gonna go nursing if I can't find a job within a year. But, I have always wanted to teach. Although, you can live well on a single teacher's salary. Or maybe, I'll just put on my smock, shirt, tie, and go down to McDonald's and flip burgers. That's where pharmacist's have come to in the USA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

andhow in Norco, California

38 months ago

yardleyed in Morrisville, Pennsylvania said: I still have difficulty understanding that so many new pharmacists just don't get it--the pharmacy job market is failing thanks to the over-saturation of new graDUATES FROM THE MONEY HUNGRY SCHOOLS!
What does it take to wake up and smell the coffee? Pharmacy is bad and getting worse! Wait till you see what this year brings! The Chains giving big bucks to the Pharmacy schools has succeeded in making Pharmacists a dime a dozen! And yet so many are still too blind to see!!! See how benevolent and altruistic the chains will be treating their employees. If you think pharmacists didn't get much respect last year, Wait till next year!! When you are not in demand and can be replaced immediately, you have to learn to grovel on the ground!!

They figure it won't matter with all the money they figure they will be making.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

andhow in Norco, California

38 months ago

PA SHMEE-A in Adrian, Michigan said: Not sure exactly what you are trying to say : The job market for pharmacists is not as great as you were led to beleive so become also a PA. Well as a PA , there are many opportunities but if money is what you want , it is not the field. In fact to all that are listening , if you are going into the HealthCare field for money--don't bother. It's not that you won't make a decent comfortable living -- just money is the wrong reason- its sounds like you job

I was actually more interested in the opportunity to see the concrete results of my intellectual investment in something. ie. change a med, 2 months later check a lab. And then there is learning, improving, oh yeah and jobs!

I would have gladly handed back $40,000/ year for a little professional camaraderie.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Useless_RPh_NJ in Florence, New Jersey

38 months ago

I went to school for 5 years (grad 1988) and studied hard because I wanted to do something good, to HELP people. I sacrificed years of my life to become a pharmacist because I really cared. Since 2008, absolutely no jobs for pharmacists, only see technicians, clerks, and interns! Interns? Residents? REALLY?! I was told by a good source last year, that New Jersey had approximately 660 pharmacists over here on work visas! That's just NJ!!

How can WE, as pharmacists, find out how many of our jobs have been given to foreigners (tax breaks and less pay). I can't afford to send my kid to college, let alone myself at this point. Going back to college for nursing is not an option. Pharmacy is the first profession to be hit, next it will hit the nurses, doctors and so on. One way for the insurance (or government)companies to keep costs down if new healthcare policies adopted. The "men in suits" (the ones with the money and power)continue to fool the public. It's about time the public is made aware of this before its just too late. The entire healthcare industry will be replaced by people from other countries, who are paid less, went to schools that are not comparable to the United States standards and have different cultures. Diversity is good, but not when displacing good caring citizens living here! Some cultures place very low priorities on health care, when it comes to efficiency, safety, and therapeutics. Will it take something catastrophic to wake people up?!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

Melody Roach in Rogers, Arkansas said: As many people I see on meds, I don't think we will ever see a shortage of pharmacists.

MELODY, Do you really think we have nothing better to do than sit around making up false stories to deflect new students from entering pharmacy school!? I'm not even here about that! I am here because I have been unable to find a job as a retail or hospital pharmacist for 2 years. Maybe you say that because of where you live and you haven't been hit by this horrific state of unemployed pharmacists. Who are you to be so judgmental?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

IS anyone close friends with Michael Moore!?? A documentary would be good. Other than that what can I do to start making a difference? When I say I, that is me doing my part to be part of a bigger team, WE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

MichaelPharmD in New Jersey

38 months ago

Hello everyone. I just wanted to give an update, I still have not found any pharmacist work in NJ, PA, or DE. I am still looking. My family is on EBT (a term used for food stamps). I feel such shame that I am unable to find work after all the years I put my family through for my education. I have a wife and baby to support and cannot even do so.

All the stories you read are true. The pharmacies nearby have cutback and gone barebones as much as possible over the past few months. A few grocery stores have closed and displaced pharmacists. A few independents were closed as well. I do not know how people are landing pharmacist jobs. The pharmacists I do know that had their own store are now being forced for float.

Does anyone have any suggestions? I am all out at this point. I have exhausted every option I could. My loans are in economic deferment due to my lack of work. Becoming a pharmacist has been the worst decision of my life.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

WONGJAMES1823@YAHOO.COM in Rowlett, Texas

38 months ago

MOST OF THE COMMENTS MAKE ON THIS POSTING ARE CORRECT.I HAVE BEEN IN PROFESSION FOR 36 YEARS,AND I HAVE NEVER SEEN A TIME AS HARD AS NOW TO LOOK FOR A JOB IN DALLAS MARKET.I RESIGN FROM WALMART 9 MONTHS AGO BECAUSE I WAS SICK AND STRESS OUT.I SEND OUT NUMEROUS APPLICATIONS DURING THIS 9 MONTHS.I HAVE HEARD NOT A SINGLE INTEREST.SUPPLY AND DEMAND DOES WORK,UNFORTUNATELY AGAINST THE PHARMACY PROFESSION.IT WILL GET WORST.FOR THOSE OF NEW GRADUATE WHO WERE OFFER JOB AND SAY HOW MUCH MONEY YOU MAKE,WAIT A LITTLE WHILE AND SEE HOW FUN IT IS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

andhow in Escondido, California

38 months ago

PharmD in Frisco, Texas said: I just graduated from one of the new pharm schools, I had a job lined up upon graduation.

108K....counting pills paying bills

But still, you are in Frisco.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

happy in Johannesburg, South Africa

38 months ago

well guys in our country pharmacist are in demand and can jobs every month if want to or even work on my terms and conditions or do locums.
pharmacy its a dynamic field so you need to keep abreast with everything.
you guys are saying that out of all the fields ( retail , hospital,production and academic ) you cant find anything ?
coz from what i c its all old pharmacist 30+ complaining and reality is they becoming useless if you dont continue with education in this field and who wants to keep old useless ppl who are resistent to change for that matter .
if you guys failed in life dont blame it on pharmacy , u get a degreee and what you do with it its all in your hands n if you waiting for handouts good luck .
so guys do your research find out the reality on the situation ask a succesful pharmacist not a failure coz nothing better will come out of the

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (29) Reply - Report abuse

pooh in San Diego, California

38 months ago

happy in Johannesburg, South Africa said: well guys in our country pharmacist are in demand and can jobs every month if want to or even work on my terms and conditions or do locums.
pharmacy its a dynamic field so you need to keep abreast with everything.
you guys are saying that out of all the fields ( retail , hospital,production and academic ) you cant find anything ?
coz from what i c its all old pharmacist 30+ complaining and reality is they becoming useless if you dont continue with education in this field and who wants to keep old useless ppl who are resistent to change for that matter .
if you guys failed in life dont blame it on pharmacy , u get a degreee and what you do with it its all in your hands n if you waiting for handouts good luck .
so guys do your research find out the reality on the situation ask a succesful pharmacist not a failure coz nothing better will come out of the

1) it was quite hard to understand this post, but since you're in South Africa English is only one of the main languages, so it's forgivable.

2) that brings me to the point, you're in South Africa... these guys went through undergrad + professional school, had a bunch of loans, you think they would even think about going to South Africa to earn peanuts? (I'm sorry if I offend anyone, but I'm just stating the truth, I'm willing to bet the salary of a pharmacist in South Africa is substantially lower than it is in the US).

3) The situation for every country is different, I think alot of the posters on here are from the US, and if it reflects anything, then it's just the situation in the US only... I have alot of friends going to pharmacy schools right now (about 10-15+, I lost count, i went to a top science school when I was an undergrad). I'm not sure how bad the situation really is, since I'm not in the field, however alot of my friends seems happy in pharmacy school (not sure if it's because they haven't graduated and tested the market).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

desperate rph in Boca Raton, Florida

38 months ago

i am out of work 3 months now,lost last job from indepenant that only wanted me to fill alot of high profit c2's.i value my license.i get sporatic work from the agencies,but not enough to live on.things are bad..i am depressed..no one is hiring or even acknowledging me..my license and background are clean..anyone out there have any info on where i should relocate...pharmacy has rewally hit it's low...thanx walgreens,cvs and pharmacy schools!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Larry

38 months ago

Have your tried applying for a pharmacy job at PUBLIX ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

611 in Pompano Beach, Florida

38 months ago

Larry said: Have your tried applying for a pharmacy job at PUBLIX ?

yes..they are not hiring!

scurred in San Diego, California

38 months ago

I'm a 4th year in college and I just applied to a bunch of pharmacy schools, and wow, after combing through this thread, you've got me seriously second-guessing my decision.

I really want to become a pharmacist because I really liked learning about biochemistry of drug interactions and the humanistic aspect of it (even with all the crazy patients.) Money's a factor but I don't have to be making the median $100k; that's really more than I need but I don't wan to be making chump change.

I had thought I'd try to go to a good PharmD program at a big research school, so that residencies would be easier to seek,and that I would like to specialize in nuclear pharmacy or gain a residency in clinical pharmacy.

Can any experienced pharmacists offer any predictions on what the job market is for pharmacists in the navy, in SF Bay Area, and in Canada in the next decade or so? and what about pharmacy specialties? do you think they will be just as impacted by the demand-for-pharmacist hoax? eg oncology pharmacists or nuclear pharmacists. b/c from this thread, it sounds like the PharmDs that are most impacted by the increase in pharmacy schools are the ones that went the retail route

is there anyone currently in/graduated from PharmD/PA programs that can tell me how it's affected his/her job hunt? is that extra PA degree really just for prescribing powers or can a PharmD/PA legitimately work as a PA in a doctor's office?

miami in Miami, Florida

38 months ago

I think the armed forces is pretty full. I applied to the army in May to help repay loans. I completed all the paperwork, went in for the physical and everything. Called them several times thereafter. And luckily found a job floating all over the place. Last I heard they were going to call me a month ago. Oh well, by the time they contact me I will have paid a quarter of my loan or more.

I received a call about a position with CVS mailorder through a staffing company. This is like the third call. I pretended like I didnt have a job, just to see what theyd offer. They staffer said 48-50 an hour. I said that I wasnt interested due to the low salary and she promptly hung up the phone. LOL Salary is going down, down, down- too bad the interest on my loans isnt.

lookin very hard in Boca Raton, Florida

38 months ago

miami in Miami, Florida said: I think the armed forces is pretty full. I applied to the army in May to help repay loans. I completed all the paperwork, went in for the physical and everything. Called them several times thereafter. And luckily found a job floating all over the place. Last I heard they were going to call me a month ago. Oh well, by the time they contact me I will have paid a quarter of my loan or more.

I received a call about a position with CVS mailorder through a staffing company. This is like the third call. I pretended like I didnt have a job, just to see what theyd offer. They staffer said 48-50 an hour. I said that I wasnt interested due to the low salary and she promptly hung up the phone. LOL Salary is going down, down, down- too bad the interest on my loans isnt.

where did you get the floater job??

38 months ago

where did you geet the floater job,miami??

miami in Miami, Florida

38 months ago

lookin very hard in Boca Raton, Florida said: where did you geet the floater job,miami??

Navarro, the little spanish I know finally paid off. I just saw posts for Walgreens on career builder.

miami in Miami, Florida

38 months ago

Navarro Pharmacy, the little spanish I know finally paid off.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

38 months ago

how nmuch is littkle spanish??? also,do they have any more positions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nick L in Medford, Massachusetts

37 months ago

HelpingYouHire in San Francisco, California said: We are a staffing agency located in the Bay Area and we get calls frequently from potential clients (Nationwide) looking for Pharmacists and Techs, so I'm surprised by the unemployment spoken of here. I'd like to try and help "miami in Miami". A client of mine was looking for..."Full Time Overnight Pharmacist Position open, as well as a 4pm - 12 midnight Full Time Pharmacist position South West miami location for both - We'd like to see Pharmacist that come within 25 miles of this area. Zip codes are: 33134 and 33173" The company is Navarro Discount Pharmacies. Good Luck!

Helping You Hire
staffing-solutions.biz

staffing services won't help people who are unemployed or who are too 'old' (older than your typical recent college grad). there is ALOT of discrimination practiced by 'staffing agencies' and they will blacklist you if they don't like you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nick L in Medford, Massachusetts

37 months ago

staffing services won't help people who are unemployed or who are too 'old' (older than your typical recent college grad). there is ALOT of discrimination practiced by 'staffing agencies' and they will blacklist you if they don't like you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

37 months ago

well..the new year is here...has anyone's situation change for the better...as of now,mine has goten worse!!!!!

mwa in Dedham, Massachusetts

37 months ago

Worried in Wallingford, Connecticut said: I am a Pre-pharm student set to graduate in 2016. Should I get out while I can? Where can I go???

I would like some advice from working pharmacists.

If you don't want to be an MD, go into nursing. They are the firefighters of health care - ie, the recognized heroes. There is some gratification in that. Hospitl staff pharmacy feels like the back room in an accounting office - you will hear about it if you screw up but you will never get a thank you from anyone.

enticer in Boynton Beach, Florida

37 months ago

lookin very hard in Boca Raton, Florida said: well..the new year is here...has anyone's situation change for the better...as of now,mine has goten worse!!!!!

Hope you have a better new year. This helped me, see:
scrips4lesscard.com

uselessRPhinNJ in Alexandria, Virginia

37 months ago

Wish I could say yes!! Apparently the job in Trenton NJ is inappropriate for me based on location. Lol That is a first for me... especially since never met the owner or saw store. Its the usual for me I guess. Not the right sex, color, ethnicity or last name! Who the heck knows anymore.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

hardwrkrphNJ in New Brunswick, New Jersey

37 months ago

I dont know what to tell you but your not a useless pharmacist and I wish you wouldnt use that as your title. Im sitting in a motel in the midwest hoping that a 3 month gig will stretch out to 1 year so I can survive. I graduated pharmacy school 89 and the only position I got was on call(which I had to beg for hours believe me im not proud) and a temp job. What has happen to our field??? Im from New Jersey also but I realise I cannot live there any longer if I wanted to be able to eat or not freeze in the dark. Im hoping this situation will pan out or Im doom but I really need you to keep the faith NotuselessRPhinNJ I know something good is going happen in 2012

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

RayofLight in Sparta, New Jersey

37 months ago

@MichaelPharmD
I am currently a PharmD Student at Rutgers. I find it hard to believe the difficulty you are having finding a job when there are job postings on every board at Rutgers in the Pharm Building, not to mention the three different job offers I have received as a third year who still has many months until licensure. A suggestion a professor made to my class for those who wanted to be competitive was to become an EMT or to work for a Volunteer Ambulance Squad. You may want to contact your town's squad to inquire. This would certainly put you apart from the application stack in a positive way. Also, you may want to maintain CPR certification as well as Immunization Certification to be desirable. Also, to create rapport with a hospital of interest, why not volunteer? Create a contact through volunteering and go through them. Don't just sit and fill out applications online. However, you also may want to update your recommendations, requesting only positive comments.

Also, have you contacted the pharmacy job recruiter at your school? or the person in charge of assigning rotations? There are over 3,000 sites for us students to go on in NJ. I find it hard to believe NONE are hiring.

I am sorry for your situation, however the future is not doom and gloom as long as you are WILLING to adapt with the current career practices and use your resources wisely.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

37 months ago

I don't understand why pharmacists with a job are reading this forum and even more importantly why they think they have the right to put their SNOTTY comments here when they obviously have no clue what its like being unable to find work. Hope their judgmental attitudes don't carry over to their patients and customers. Its what gives our profession bad name.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

UsedRph in Madison, Alabama

37 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

37 months ago

From the Drug Topics Article:

According to Robert L. Day, PharmD, associate dean, University of California San Francisco School of Pharmacy, the number of pharmacy schools across the United States increased by 50% between 2000 and 2010 (Figure 1). During that time, the U.S. population increased by 9.7%.

Figure 2: Pharmacy school graduation trends

Predictions by the Census Bureau and the American Academy of Colleges of Pharmacy suggest that between 2010 and 2013, the country's total population will grow by 12.6%, from 281.4 million to 316.9 million. Over that same period, the number of pharmacy graduates will grow by 82%, from 7,300 to 13,247 (Figure 2).

That kind of growth comes as no surprise. Cameron noted that pharmacy schools have been gearing up to meet the projected demand for pharmacists in 2014, when most provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act take effect.

"My gut feeling is that the assumptions behind the surveys schools did to project the need for MTM (medication therapy management) and other services in 2014 are no longer valid," Cameron said. "It will never be implemented in anything like the form it was passed in. We are not going to need the number of pharmacists predicted. Schools of pharmacy were banking on MTM. It's a wonderful service, but it was oversold."

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

37 months ago

Useless_RPh_NJ in Florence, New Jersey said: I don't understand why pharmacists with a job are reading this forum and even more importantly why they think they have the right to put their SNOTTY comments here when they obviously have no clue what its like being unable to find work. Hope their judgmental attitudes don't carry over to their patients and customers. Its what gives our profession bad name.

Some of these posts are fakers, done to just get a rise out of people who are playing things straight.
The chains and schools made the surplus happen. They knew and know what they are doing. They simply do not care.

drugtopics.modernmedicine.com/drugtopics/Associations/Pharmacist-surplus-Too-much-manpower/ArticleStandard/Article/detail/726723

37 months ago

holmes in River Grove, Illinois said: Do not believe some of the lies being written here regarding lack of job opportunities for pharmacists. These liars are trying to scare people off from applying to pharmacy school because they fear that supply will overtake demand. Fact is, pharmacists make tons of money right out of school and there are and will be many job openings in the future. This is all just a feeble attempt to prevent people from entering this lucrative field. Liars!

Yes pharmacists are liars

drugtopics.modernmedicine.com/drugtopics/Associations/Pharmacist-surplus-Too-much-manpower/ArticleStandard/Article/detail/726723

37 months ago

lynn in Rockville, Maryland said: This is the same statement that was stated before so what I think you are doing is using a new name,the question is why are you doing this??

The reason these people use different names is because they can not read articles like this..

37 months ago

ales in New Orleans, Louisiana said: I am moving to Tx next yr to attend the Texas Tech school of Pharmacy. I just graduated with a business degree and will be hired at Walgreens as a manager (great idea, automatic job once I become a pharmacist) Dallas seems to be where it's at there are nothing but jobs in just about any field. I believe it's all in where you go. From these comments...the East Coast isnt the place to be

For your reading pleasure...

Yes it's all there for you....

37 months ago

finefarmacist in Bridgeport, Connecticut said: I shiver at this !! that is so scary man! after all those yrs studying ur a@s off!! not to menyion the sacrifices along the way.

Shiver

37 months ago

hardwrkrphNJ in New Brunswick, New Jersey said: I dont know what to tell you but your not a useless pharmacist and I wish you wouldnt use that as your title. Im sitting in a motel in the midwest hoping that a 3 month gig will stretch out to 1 year so I can survive. I graduated pharmacy school 89 and the only position I got was on call(which I had to beg for hours believe me im not proud) and a temp job. What has happen to our field??? Im from New Jersey also but I realise I cannot live there any longer if I wanted to be able to eat or not freeze in the dark. Im hoping this situation will pan out or Im doom but I really need you to keep the faith NotuselessRPhinNJ I know something good is going happen in 2012

as of right now..it's only getting worse!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Unemployed rph in Vernon Rockville, Connecticut

36 months ago

I have applied for over 300 jobs in the last 3 months and have had 5 interviews. I am willing to relocate but all I was able to fine was per diem work in Miami dispensing oxycodone for cash. I had no control , owner who was non rph had total control the hust needed a rph to open. Not my idea of pharmacy so I back among the unemployed with no hope in sight.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Hameed Malik in Garland, Texas

36 months ago

My humble advice to mankind is that immediately get out of the Pharmacy market and look into either, Nursing or other occupational therapist jobs, PA, Nurse practitioner or in Medicine.
My personal desire and interest lies in Nutrition and Physical exercise but that does not pay much but it will give me great satisfaction and peace of mind. I like to get to the roots of health problems those are , entire food system, lack of organic food, dangerous agriculture techniques, polluted water and environment, meat and fish industry, basic lack of nutrition’s, Final word of wisdom is that get out of the Pharmacy ASASP because computerization, explosion of Internet, robots replacing humans, job transfers to cheaper labor countries, and utilizing of internet to employ foreign intellectuals by multinational profit oriented corporations will pose the greatest threat to almost all the industries plus lack of daily exercise, environmental hazards, additives and preservatives in food, fertilizers, chemical sprays, pollutions, sedentary life, stress and tension, negativity, break up of family unit, human to human relation and connection with loved ones, , lack of dependence on God and faith for hearing of your prayers etc.
Each of these fields have own specialty field in education and good job openings. So those lines will also be good for future jobs provided you enjoy any of those

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brian in Dublin, Ireland

36 months ago

Similar situation here in Ireland. Salaries are actually down anywhere from 30 to 50% of retail pharmacists due largely to draconian cuts in government reimbursement but also a influx of foreign trained pharmacists and a significantly increased domestic supply of graduates.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Brian in Dublin, Ireland

36 months ago

Same situation in Ireland. Oversupply of foreign and domestic graduates, significantly reduced reimbursement from the government culminating in a salary drop of 30-50% in some cases.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

Brian in Dublin, Ireland said: Similar situation here in Ireland. Salaries are actually down anywhere from 30 to 50% of retail pharmacists due largely to draconian cuts in government reimbursement but also a influx of foreign trained pharmacists and a significantly increased domestic supply of graduates.

Worldwide trouble ahead.... and yes it is planned for us peasants....

www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cd-SLRyuRq0
www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY1EcCUu5nw

People will earn less of what we call money, PLUS stuff will become more expensive
fuel, food, and expect shortages in medicines... In fact Google "Drug Shortages"
Just like they( the banker elite ) basically screwed the entire planet. People better get thier proverbial "s_ _ T" together because were getting sh-tt-ed on now and will be sh-t on more in the future. To those pharmacists who are "waiting"... just get out there and get a job don't wait for your old salaries to come back because you are wasting your time. If you get a pharmacist full time job with all the bells and whistles, GOOD for you ! but like a game of musical chairs as the surplus increases the large corporate employers will continue to push average wages down by exploiting the underemployed pharmacists against the fully employed ones. We were told we needed 300 THOUSAND new pharmacist's in 2008...
What will we be told next... up is down, black is white, and hate really means to love less... University Deans are as crooked as the politicians who appoint them.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

pwnttothemax in Columbus, Ohio

36 months ago

older pharmacists: stop being wusses and get with the program. maybe the recession has finally hit our field. use this opportunity to make yourself more attractive to the job market. imagine if every profession whined this much and tried to regulate the amount of people who could go into a field. there would simply not be jobs for anyone. problem solved? DERP

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

desperate rph in Boca Raton, Florida

36 months ago

pwnttothemax in Columbus, Ohio said: older pharmacists: stop being wusses and get with the program. maybe the recession has finally hit our field. use this opportunity to make yourself more attractive to the job market. imagine if every profession whined this much and tried to regulate the amount of people who could go into a field. there would simply not be jobs for anyone. problem solved? DERP

got any suggestions if noone even wants to talk to us older pharmacists???/

andhow in Moreno Valley, California

36 months ago

desperate rph in Boca Raton, Florida said: got any suggestions if noone even wants to talk to us older pharmacists???/

I would say they just fell of the turnip truck. Sometimes people who feel helpless in their own lives choose to abuse others. One of my customers shouted out at the register in reference to a co worker "She is stupid! She should not be working here!" and I replied "Ma'am stupid people have to work too. We can't just leave them to the system to deal w/!" Wooooopse!

puttinontheritz in columbus OHIO! says:

" imagine if every profession whined this much and tried to regulate the amount of people who could go into a field. there would simply not be jobs for anyone. problem solved? DERP"

You are like the parent on Charlie Brown! We hear you talking but you are not making any sense! Offer something of substance like a link to a certification program. Or share what you are doing so that when your time comes to be old you won't have to resort to whining! What are you going to do in the next 15 yrs that will make em stand up and say "hey this old codger can hold his own! Let's get him/her in here!" ? I guarantee we won't be impressed.

RE: DERP
In your professional communications you should always enclose abbreviations in parenthesis directly after spelling out the full meaning the first time it is used.

36 months ago

Be Reasonable, Be POLITE!! Lucky for you this is only a forum. You wouldn't say a word if this were face to face meeting. The internet gives young people such foolish bravery as they hide behind their computer. We don't care what you have to say, so stop making a fool of yourself. I hope I never meet you in person. You will know it if I do. Go back to your Face-Book, U-Tube and My Space pages ... stay out of here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

The above comment RE: DERP... Obviously you need to grow up and learn some manners. I hope your words come back to personally bite you in the britches. Such false bravery hidden behind your little computer as all the young kids do these days. Most likely an insecure immature loser who has nothing better to do than read forums about pharmacists without jobs. Go back to your facebook, u-tube and my space sites and leave us alone. Sad how this profession has gone down the tubes because of such attitudes.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.