Lies about pharmacist job market

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (251 to 300 of 824)
Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »   Last »

jaydawk jaydawk in H-town, Texas

26 months ago

jaydawk jaydawk in H-town, Texas said: i get paid 126,600 a year--top 10%. I only paid back $46 in taxes

errr typo I meant $129,600. Staff pharmacist.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

thuy in San Diego, California

26 months ago

hii

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Bloop in San Diego, California

26 months ago

If this goes through I want to say DARN system, I wrote this 5 times before I could submit it.

So I have a friend, her uncle went to UCSF, worked at Rite Aid for 20 years. They found a silly excuse to fire him (he opened a water bottle to drink before he paid and they fired him. He INTENDED TO PAY). He went out and tried to open his own private pharmacy but it hasn't been doing well with business.

I used to be pre-pharm but then I did my extensive research. If you are passionate about pharmacy then by all means by I wasn't THAT crazy about it and I did LOTS of personal research. With this sample I concluded that:

a) he went to UCSF. the best school.
b) he had 20 years of experience.

...and this STILL happened to him.

So if you are a graduate and you are lucky to get a job right out of school. Where will you be in 10, 15, 20 years? Retails want to get rid of their older employees to hire cheaper grads. With $4 prescriptions you can pretty much wave good bye to your own private pharmacy because competition will most likely be against you.

If you are pursuing clinical that's an addition 1-2 years of residency, and its harder to land a clinical job than retail.

just my personal penny for thought. hope it helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

iowa hawk in San Angelo, Texas

26 months ago

Bloop in San Diego, California said: If this goes through I want to say DARN system, I wrote this 5 times before I could submit it.

So I have a friend, her uncle went to UCSF, worked at Rite Aid for 20 years. They found a silly excuse to fire him (he opened a water bottle to drink before he paid and they fired him. He INTENDED TO PAY). He went out and tried to open his own private pharmacy but it hasn't been doing well with business.

I used to be pre-pharm but then I did my extensive research. If you are passionate about pharmacy then by all means by I wasn't THAT crazy about it and I did LOTS of personal research. With this sample I concluded that:

So if you are a graduate and you are lucky to get a job right out of school. Where will you be in 10, 15, 20 years? Retails want to get rid of their older employees to hire cheaper grads. With $4 prescriptions you can pretty much wave good bye to your own private pharmacy because competition will most likely be against you.

If you are pursuing clinical that's an addition 1-2 years of residency, and its harder to land a clinical job than retail.

That's called stealing. :) I hate people who go into places and start chuggin' down drinks before they pay. Where are there manners.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

Bloop in San Diego, California said: If this goes through I want to say DARN system, I wrote this 5 times before I could submit it.

Also, new Grads usually get paid more then the older pharmacists sign on/moving bonus incentives....it's opposite in pharmacy profession. I probably get paid more then my preceptors that I had on rotations and who have done residencies. Residency there is no $ incentive. I get paid more then my friend who did 2 years in residency and works a clinical spot at a hospital doing chemo/hemoc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

bloop in La Jolla, California

26 months ago

iowa hawk in San Angelo, Texas said: Also, new Grads usually get paid more then the older pharmacists sign on/moving bonus incentives....it's opposite in pharmacy profession. I probably get paid more then my preceptors that I had on rotations and who have done residencies. Residency there is no $ incentive. I get paid more then my friend who did 2 years in residency and works a clinical spot at a hospital doing chemo/hemoc.

but you are in Texas which is very rich in job openings and I am in southern Cali. Its competitive here and retails are cutting back on their generous signing bonuses because they no longer need to provide that extra incentive to recruit pharmacists. Its over saturated here so the employers now have the upper hand

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

bloop in La Jolla, California

26 months ago

iowa hawk in San Angelo, Texas said: That's called stealing. :) I hate people who go into places and start chuggin' down drinks before they pay. Where are there manners.

but he isn't just a customer, he has worked there for 20 years. If anything the pharmacy should at least be providing their employees with free water....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

bloop in La Jolla, California said: but you are in Texas which is very rich in job openings and I am in southern Cali. Its competitive here and retails are cutting back on their generous signing bonuses because they no longer need to provide that extra incentive to recruit pharmacists. Its over saturated here so the employers now have the upper hand

Our graduating class at the university of iowa pharmacy school is close to 99% placement after graduation for jobs and 100% pass rate on law/national exams. Maybe we are just on a different level of thinking.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (10) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

bloop in La Jolla, California said: but he isn't just a customer, he has worked there for 20 years. If anything the pharmacy should at least be providing their employees with free water....

Nothing is free, someone pays. They do have free water it's called the tap water in the pharmacy or distilled water in the pharmacy from the sink. I drink it when I need to.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

QUOTE]

Also when you first open a pharmacy you are not going to see great profit unless you are in a great location or next to a walgreens/cvs. Most independent pharmacies take about 5 years before they build up a substantial patient base. The successful owners can make up to 200k in salary, you have to put in the time and effort.

The only pharmacy that offers $4 dollar generics is WALMART. Have you ever filled at Walmart? Patients would rather stab themselves in the eye before they wait for a prescription at walmart. I do the most transfers from walmart, even if patients have to pay 5-10 dollars more they gladly switch to someone that can get their prescriptions out faster than 3-4 hours if they had to wait

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

MichaelPharmD in New Jersey

26 months ago

mass pharm, you need to realize the market where you are or what Iowa is (iowa is definitely better than here) is much different from one place to another. I have offered to work for less. There aren't positions in the state I am in. The pharmacists in my state have a very tough time finding any sort of work including per diem. You would think applying per diem jobs with experience wouldn't be a problem, but it is here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Haroon

26 months ago

I have been a pharmacist for over 15 years in south Florida , it is getting harder and harder in Florida for three main reasons
1- pharmacy schools doubled in less than 10 yeas , plus the exsisting schools expanded its classes and remote learning centers
2- mail order pharmacy is growing to 35% of total rx dispensed in USA while it was 13-14 % seven years ago
3- the state of Florida lifted the pan on not accepting out of state phaacists by reciprocity , I believe in 2008 the state dropped previous barriers to reciprocating a license to practice pharmacy to the state of Florida.
Bottom line working in retail pharmacy , and some hospitals are getting harder and harder in the main cities. I agree that pharmacists shortage is moderate in rural areas and that applies to many states. We still have Jobs, less incentive , more tasks, but we need to get the old idea where a pharmacist can get a job within 30 minutes in one phone call after graduation . There is demand on speciality and clinical pharmacists positions, simply because the majority of us went either community, staff, or mail order pharmcy
Thanksj

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

JAMES in Rowlett, Texas

26 months ago

GREAT I FIND A USEFUL WAY TO USE MY TEXAS PHARMACY LICENSE.IT CAN BE USE AS TOILET PAPER.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

JAMES in Rowlett, Texas said: GREAT I FIND A USEFUL WAY TO USE MY TEXAS PHARMACY LICENSE.IT CAN BE USE AS TOILET PAPER.

there are plenty of jobs in the dallas area, i have a a handful of pharmacist friends who work there, 1 at kroger, 1 at baylor hospital, and another at express scripts

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Haroon in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

26 months ago

According to pharmacymanpower.com.
The pharmacist demand index in Texas is number 1 out of 50 states. Look it up, the map is updated every 1 to three months, the lowest demand is in Hawaii . So, regaldress of the tough circumstances we go thru sometimes, Texas still experience some kind of shortage, as a matter of fact , if things keep getting worse in Florida , I might move to Texas, in which I recently obtained its liscense by reciprocity

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

26 months ago

so there is more demand in new jersey then Iowa...iowa is a 3 and NJ is 3.42...and i still got job offers in iowa haha, i don't know how accuarate pharmacymanpower.com is

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Haroon

26 months ago

This website and it's data need to be read in depth, otherwise it is misleading
1- the numbers are for general impression not exact suygery procedure numbers
2- the difference between two close numbers is insignificant , when you see over .75 point difference it makes sense
3- the numbers are the average pharmacists in demands in AlL practice setting, so some areas have more demand than others, where you can read it in the data analysis
4- I would recommend that, who ever is interested in this site, to go to the tools and get average pharmacy demand for six months or a year and compare to another state of your choice... NJ was below 3 in the previous survey to best of my knowledge , but if you look at Texas for example , for the last three or more yeas they are always close to 4.
Best regards

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Trevor in Oceanside, California

25 months ago

Worried in Wallingford, Connecticut said: I am a Pre-pharm student set to graduate in 2016. Should I get out while I can? Where can I go???

I would like some advice from working pharmacists.

Personally, I would get out before investing too much time and hard work in a career with very little reward. If you want to be a working pharmacist and are able to get a job, that is what you will be. A a pharmacist you will have to work hard, stand on your feet for 8 to 12 hours straight with no breaks. If you choose to take an allowed break, the demand of the work placed on you will continue to pile up and then you will be forced to do more work in a smaller amount of time--a perfect opportunity to make mistakes. As a pharmacist you definitely can help patients, I hear people tell me how much they value me on a daily basis--yes it helps make the job a little better but honestly, I would change professions in a heartbeat.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

John C. in Chicago, Illinois

25 months ago

Hello. I am in Chicago and will attend a basic community college (Wright) and plan to transfer to UIC for pharmacy. Reading up on this thread it seems getting a job in a city is hard and people say to move to a rural area. Im having second thoughts on the whole pharmacist thing. What would be a good alternative I can take. Maybe male nurse? I would optimistically want something that wont break the bank paying for the studies but we all know thats unlikely. Thanks :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

chowdhry in Scarborough, Ontario

25 months ago

Can you tell me who is hiring? I'm looking to move to the US from Canada...thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Dada in Saint Petersburg, Florida

25 months ago

chowdhry in Scarborough, Ontario said: Can you tell me who is hiring? I'm looking to move to the US from Canada...thanks

No stay in Canada. Too many pharmacist in the US already.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

chowdhry in Markham, Ontario

25 months ago

Dada in Saint Petersburg, Florida said: No stay in Canada. Too many pharmacist in the US already.

But Canada is so lame...the process is too convoluted and painstaking. Come on surely there must be something in Texas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

lou in Millersville, Pennsylvania

24 months ago

holmes in River Grove, Illinois said: Do not believe some of the lies being written here regarding lack of job opportunities for pharmacists. These liars are trying to scare people off from applying to pharmacy school because they fear that supply will overtake demand. Fact is, pharmacists make tons of money right out of school and there are and will be many job openings in the future. This is all just a feeble attempt to prevent people from entering this lucrative field. Liars!

This is no longer true. I am a recent grad and have been looking for permanent full time job and have not lended anything, even when I looking for any area, retail, clinical, hospital etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

iowahawk in San Angelo, Texas

24 months ago

my friends who graduated from iowa this year some landed jobs in cali with cvs and riteaid, and some got sime in michigan/iowa with hospital. University of Iowa ranked high on recuiter list wooooot wooooottttt

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

iowahawk in San Angelo, Texas

24 months ago

texas hates canadians

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

lou in Millersville, Pennsylvania

24 months ago

John C. in Chicago, Illinois said: Hello. I am in Chicago and will attend a basic community college (Wright) and plan to transfer to UIC for pharmacy. Reading up on this thread it seems getting a job in a city is hard and people say to move to a rural area. Im having second thoughts on the whole pharmacist thing. What would be a good alternative I can take. Maybe male nurse? I would optimistically want something that wont break the bank paying for the studies but we all know thats unlikely. Thanks :)

I'd go with your guts, knowing that the market for pharmacists is saturated and finding jobs will bemuch harder by the time you complete the Pharmd.
Try actuarial science, or engineering, or MD program. Don't try accountign or business as alternatives - they too suck I heard from friends.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

chowdhry in Scarborough, Ontario

24 months ago

Seems like Texans hate everything that isn't a monolithic white color...M GO BLUE!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

John C. in Chicago, Illinois

24 months ago

lou in Millersville, Pennsylvania said: I'd go with your guts, knowing that the market for pharmacists is saturated and finding jobs will bemuch harder by the time you complete the Pharmd.
Try actuarial science, or engineering, or MD program. Don't try accountign or business as alternatives - they too suck I heard from friends.

Thanks for the advice! Do you have a recommendation for an md program that takes around 6 years from start to finish? Are there specific md programs that are better than others? Thanks I really appreciate all the advice I can get. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

frustrated in pa in Pipersville, Pennsylvania

24 months ago

Too

Michael in Clementon, New Jersey said: I have been begging for work for months. I will take ANY pharmacist job out there. there isnt anything. I have spoken with recruiters. Please someone help me get work. I will work any shift, any holiday, in the ghetto, whatever it takes. Please hire me if you can or offer suggestions. I live in NJ just outside of Philadelphia. I have been looking for work in NJ, PA, NY, and DE for a year. I apply to any and every pharmacist posting there is.

Avoid this profession if you can.

I too have been looking in the same marketplace for about two years now. I NEVER THOUGHT ID BE UNEMPLOYED AND NOW HAVE NO ABILITY TO SUPPORT MY KIDS. How funny we went to school all these yrs to protect ourselves from having to go on welfare. Now I have no choice. No jobs anywhere.HELP lost faith

I

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

desperate in pa in Pipersville, Pennsylvania

24 months ago

So been looking for work as a pharmacist.

Who and where are they hiring?
Im willing to go anywhere get licensed anywhere... someone help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

MichaelPharmD in New Jersey

24 months ago

there isn't a day that goes by that i don't regret ever doing pharmacy. i could have used my time to do a different degree and be employed.

still unemployed, still looking, still have found nothing. avoid pharmacy, this is the worst decision of my life. the degree is worth toilet paper to me at this point.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

laoshu in Houston, Texas

24 months ago

I have several friends who are in their last year in pharmacy school. The job situation is getting worse all the time. They are very afraid of the scarcity of jobs. They actually warn their own siblings not to go to pharmacy school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

laoshu in Houston, Texas

24 months ago

I have several friends who are in their last year in pharmacy school. The job situation is getting worse all the time. They are very afraid of the scarcity of jobs. They actually warn their own siblings not to go to pharmacy school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

UsedRph in Madison, Alabama

24 months ago

John C. in Chicago, Illinois said: Hello. I am in Chicago and will attend a basic community college (Wright) and plan to transfer to UIC for pharmacy. Reading up on this thread it seems getting a job in a city is hard and people say to move to a rural area. Im having second thoughts on the whole pharmacist thing. What would be a good alternative I can take. Maybe male nurse? I would optimistically want something that wont break the bank paying for the studies but we all know thats unlikely. Thanks :)

Think about jobs that would be usefull, We are going to have some tuff times ahead. I currently have a job at an independant. I'm an RPh, & for over a year I worked 1 day a week and had other job working 60 -70 hours a week. at something less than minimum wage to put food on the table. I appreciate the job I have now.
For those of you like me Rph's who graduated in the early 90's or earlier and have seen yourself manipulated and pushed aside in what I can only describe as a corporate and academic conspiracy, find a new job, to stay alive... and watch this... www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDNhEYpBPbY

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

Michael in Clementon, New Jersey said: Can I apply for a job as a pharmacy technician if I am a licensed pharmacist? I cannot get a job as a pharmacist so maybe a job as a technician again?

When I had no work, I e-mailed the Kroger DM in my area. I had a proposal, I could work as a tech at tech wages ( that's right I am willing to be paid as a pharmacy tech) and help the PharmD. As such I could then have a slight chance to work for Kroger in the future.
It never received a reply.... You see all this money to create all these new Pharmacy schools, and all the student loan debt, benefits who? After you understand that one, do you think the leaders in corporate pharmacy and thier academic lachey's would admit they created too many pharmacy schools ? Of course not! these sociopath's do not know the word's I'm sorry or we made a mistake?
So they will push and get RPH's "On the GO" and out of the picture especially at the chains.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

24 months ago

The Pharmacy schools don't give a rat's ass how THEY get paid, if it's thru grant money or YOUR student loan indebtedness.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dada in Seminole, Florida

24 months ago

I started warning of the oversupply of pharmacist 20 years ago. The improvement of mass rx filling mail order and the decline of business expansion will continue to impact the market for another 20 years. The only possible future in the health care business is as a provider that charges for professional time and is recognized by government and industry as a provider.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Yardleyed in Morrisville, Pennsylvania

24 months ago

Absolutely right,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

haha in San Angelo, Texas

24 months ago

they just hired 3 new grads in my area at one chain and I know other chains in my area have newly hired grads. I'm transferring suckasss!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

fluffypenguin in Forest Hills, New York

24 months ago

Are you sure it's that hard for pharmacists to find a job?

I just did a Google search and found this: www.indeed.com/q-pharmacist-jobs.html

I'm a high school student considering going into pharmacy, and there seems to be lots of opportunities, if you're willing to move to other states.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

KatelynPharmD in Indianapolis, Indiana

24 months ago

fluffypenguin in Forest Hills, New York said: Are you sure it's that hard for pharmacists to find a job?

I just did a Google search and found this: www.indeed.com/q-pharmacist-jobs.html

I'm a high school student considering going into pharmacy, and there seems to be lots of opportunities, if you're willing to move to other states.

Many are inactive. And if you aren't licensed in that state, they are not considering you. And it is expensive and wasteful to get licensed in more than 4-5 states just to find a job. You can apply but you won't hear back from them, and if you don't have the experience they are looking for, they won't respond either. I have applied to over hundreds of jobs in the past year with few responses and no offers. Graduated in 2011 with honor, top 10 schools in the country, worked throughout school, and still no job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No Reply - Report abuse

Yardleyed in Saint John, New Brunswick

24 months ago

And if u are over forty forget it! No jobs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Yardleyed in Saint John, New Brunswick

24 months ago

Pharmacy is a dying field! Don,t be scammed into believing otherwise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

RoadRunner in Lancaster, Pennsylvania

24 months ago

I have worked 25 years in hospital, retail and long-term care and I have never seen the market this tight. Too many pharmacists(too many pharmacy colleges) not enough jobs. With 3rd parties paying actual cost plus a 65 cent dispensing fee the chains consider your professional ability as how many prescriptions you can fill an hour, not how you try to take care of patients. I have precepted pharmacy students for clinical and hospital rotations - I think current pharmacy students are being sold a bill of goods by the colleges. The students are expecting to physically evaluate and diagnose patients, write orders (meds and labs) and they are anticipating being called "Dr" by all patients and health care professionals. The reality of the current job market is you need to serve a residency to get a clinical job and those jobs are few and far inbetween. Most graduates end up going to chains because of the $$$ and then they get stuck there. I'm working towards an early retirement - there will always be a pharmacy down the street that will fill a prescription for less then you would , it's always been that way since the chains took over. As for clinical pharmacy, maybe in teaching institutions but at this point Nurse practicioners and physician assistants have more independent prescribing authority than pharmacists will ever get(and they are better politically organized then pharmacy - pharmacy has a bunch of professional organizations that pursue their own agenda and the hell with anybody else) Pharmacy used to be a profession that was highly respected by the public but the 3rd parties and the professional organizations inability to agree on a common vision has destroyed the profession

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

flrph in miami, Florida

24 months ago

In today's market with an abundance of Pharmacists it's who you know that will get you a job. I lost my job with CVS in so fl. I applied everywhere with no call backs. I mentioned to a long time friend of my plight. He was the preceptor some 10 years before to a local pharmacy district manager. He made a call and because he could vouch for me the DM who I has already tried to contact multiple times by various methods finally called and granted an interview.
I will say this. If you get that interview you had better be fully prepped about the company and have done your homework on their history, operation, business focus and mission statement. No more one page application to get a Pharmacist job. You have to be on target and on ge to et the slot. Once gotten don't assume you're good ro go and safe. You had best toe the line and ask how high when asked to jump. They will cut you loose as quick as they hired you. If you're over 50yo. start thinking about other money making ventures. We older pharmacist have outlived our BS Degree and have become unmarketable. The new grads have the edge and are accepting salaries in the 80K range. That's 25% less than just 5-6 years ago.
If you're out of work call every Pharmacist you know that's working and ask them to put in the good word for you. My current DM says he gets 8-10 applications a week now. He has maybe 10-12 slots a year to fill. Do the math. It's not pretty. Good luck in your search.
I believe technology, central fill, automation will lead to the demise of the Pharmacists as we know them today. One day your doctor will issue you a debit card RX and you'll go to the vending machine in the lobby. Your blister pack will drop out like a bag of M&Ms and if you have any questions there will be an 800# on the back to call where MAYBE some Pharmacist or perhaps a technician will take your call. The party is over. Prepare your exit strategy now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

old pharmacist in Chicago, Illinois

24 months ago

who is filling the vending machine?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Brian in Dublin, Ireland

24 months ago

flrph in miami, Florida said: .....
...I believe technology, central fill, automation will lead to the demise of the Pharmacists as we know them today. One day your doctor will issue you a debit card RX and you'll go to the vending machine in the lobby. Your blister pack will drop out like a bag of M&Ms and if you have any questions there will be an 800# on the back to call where MAYBE some Pharmacist or perhaps a technician will take your call. The party is over. Prepare your exit strategy now.

I think this is a very accurate vision of the future and by no means a distant future. The technology and hardware is already here, implementation will require more time, capital and admittedly some further improvements with some legislative tweaking but it will happen.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

QotaiCom in Needham, Massachusetts

24 months ago

aware in Novi, Michigan said: Maybe we should all move to Oregon.

Please never move to oregon so boring, rain, move to boston, ma is much better

qotai.com find pharmacist job there. please tells your friends

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

RoadRunner in Lancaster, Pennsylvania

24 months ago

Actuallly the technology is here !! The hospital I worked for was going forward to install a "vending machine pharmacy" in their ER. The ER Dr or nurse (NOTE not pharmacist !!) enters the prescription in the computer terminal, inside the vending machine an automatic arm has the label (already printed), selects the prepacked bottle of medicine in a child resistant container and the labeled prescription vial drops to the the pocket to be picked up by the patient. The medicine is released to the patient after the patient runs their 3rd party card thru the first magnetic swip box to bill the insurance company, then the patient swipes their credit card or debit card to pay their copay. The unit is restocked weekly by pharmacy techinicians who are employed by the company that developed the unit.
NO PHARMACISTS involved in direct dispensing to patient or available to answer questions

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

haha in San Angelo, Texas

24 months ago

new grads are not accepting 80 k range salaries...trust me i have friends who just graduated!!! depends on the area normal retail 120k+ hospital 110k+

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.