Looking for pharmacy internship-Have FPGEC- Need Visa Sponsorship

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 76)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Janice Wong in Cebu, Philippines

54 months ago

lally simon in Westfield, New Jersey said: now it is relly difficult to get a job as pharamcist in US especially for foreign graduates.I have green card,I have completed all requirements and even got a license and have been looking for a job for past 10 months.i am not discouraging you but i am revealing whai i experienced

I've heard that US are short of Pharmacist. So this is not true?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No (13) Reply - Report abuse

Gitika in Bellevue, Nebraska

52 months ago

Yes i do believe that but inspite of same qualifications n passing all exams if we r considered less than others then i think they should stop conducting FPGEE exam if they dont need any pharmacist from outside US.Its really depressing when we hear from pharmacies that they are not hiring foreign graduates no more.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nikki in Windhoek, Namibia

52 months ago

hi, i hold an FPGEC and am not in the USA, would you please be of assistance as to were i can apply for pharmacy jobs,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

Well u can search at google for different pharmacies hiring foreign graduates.The major pharmacy chains like rite aid ,cvs,waalgreens,albertson etc are no longer hiring foreign graduates.I have been looking for it from past few months but havent got any response yet...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

52 months ago

Hi, can u please tell me exact details about the job.I wanna apply for it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

js reddy in Phoenix, Arizona

52 months ago

all the companies are terminating foreign pharmacy graduates even though they H1B visas
they are not processing greencards.most of americans are going to pharmacy schools now,
pharmacist jobs are saturated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Faisal in Jordan

47 months ago

if anyone know that there is a jon for Pharmacist holding FPGEC kindly contact me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

sarahbeth in Urbino, Italy

46 months ago

Hello I am a US citizen (was born in the US) but am currently deciding if I should attend a 5 year pharmacy program in Italy, attain the FPGEC certification and then work in California. Will I be able to find a job in CA? Is it that difficult for a foriegn graduate? I would hate to go though all the hassle and $$ then not find a job... if you have any experience or advice it is welcome, thank you very much

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

sarahbeth in Urbino, Italy

46 months ago

Hello I am a US citizen (was born in the US)but am currently deciding if I should attend a 5 year pharmacy program in Italy, attain the FPGEC certification and then work in California. Will I be able to find a job in CA? Is it that difficult? I would hate to go though all the hassle and $$ then not find a job... if you have any experience or advice it is welcome, thank you very much

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

hyzsm in Atlanta, Georgia

45 months ago

hi, anyone in the forum has found pharmacist or pharmacy intern position already? please share experience

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

FADI in Cudahy, Wisconsin

43 months ago

I HAVE AN FPGEC, LOOKING FOR PHARMACY INTERN JOB IN TEXAS,,,,CAN U HELP ME PLEASE IN FINDING ANY? THANKS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (44) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

FADI in Cudahy, Wisconsin

43 months ago

i AM LOOKING FOR H1B SPONSOR TO WORK AS AN INTERN IN TEXAS, ANY ONE CAN HELP PLEASE?

london in Hounslow, United Kingdom

41 months ago

Hi i live in london at the moment and was wondering if i get my masters in pharmacy here in london and then get a job in california . isthere any way ?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

katy in Manila, Philippines

41 months ago

Hi, I share the same dilemma as you guys do at the moment.I am also looking for a pharmacy internship job for foreign graduates with FPGEC.If you happen to know a job opening where we can apply as interns pls. let us know the details. thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (35) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

41 months ago

Thank you.I sent my resume to the Email address that you sent.Thanks again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Iamfavoured in Norfolk, Virginia

41 months ago

london in Hounslow, United Kingdom said: Hi i live in london at the moment and was wondering if i get my masters in pharmacy here in london and then get a job in california . isthere any way ?

What do you mean? Are you referring to a job as a pharmacsit in the US?
An MPharm from the UK means little to nothing here. You have to do the conversion process just like any other foreign pharmacy grad..
I ll advise you to stay in the UK as it is very competitive to get an intern position here.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Panacea in Memphis, Tennessee

41 months ago

any body who knows an intern position for a foreign pharmacist with FPGEC and already in the US, please do offer your advise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

41 months ago

@panacea. are u looking for sponsorship? If not, I might be able to help you

ursula in Hamilton, Bermuda

41 months ago

Iamfavoured in Norfolk, Virginia said: @panacea. are u looking for sponsorship? If not, I might be able to help you

Dear Norfolk,Virginia...are you replying specifically to Panacea....was wondering if you could give any advice/guidance?.....i also have FPGEC....

41 months ago

@everyone with FPGEC and a greencard/citizenship, try applying to walgreens cos I applied and they were asking me if I had a work permit? You might be lucky.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

41 months ago

Iamfavoured in Norfolk, Virginia said: @panacea. are u looking for sponsorship? If not, I might be able to help you

@Norfolk, I got green card . So I need no sponsorship. I already contacted walgreens in Memphis area but they said they were overstaffed already. so if you could let me know the places (any where in the US) where they can potentially offer intern position please do advise.
email: ultimate.panacea@yahoo.com

40 months ago

Thank God, intern license arrived!

ladi in Chapel Hill, North Carolina

39 months ago

katy in Manila, Philippines said: Hi, I share the same dilemma as you guys do at the moment.I am also looking for a pharmacy internship job for foreign graduates with FPGEC.If you happen to know a job opening where we can apply as interns pls. let us know the details. thank you

Hi katy,were you able to find an opening?

39 months ago

hi! I still got none..do you know of any opening for pharmacy interns in any state? Thank you

ladi in Chapel Hill, North Carolina

38 months ago

katy in Manila, Philippines said: hi! I still got none..do you know of any opening for pharmacy interns in any state? Thank you

No...in the same position you are really,although I have heard applyg to independents gives you a higher chance.

kiro in Hoffman Estates, Illinois

38 months ago

Iamfavoured in Norfolk, Virginia said: @everyone with FPGEC and a greencard/citizenship, try applying to walgreens cos I applied and they were asking me if I had a work permit? You might be lucky.

hello
congrats for the internship and license, im a green card holder , by any chance do you know any place where i can find an intern position.

Favoured one in Federal Way, Washington

38 months ago

Kindly link me up with any company, chain or any independent pharmacy in any state that can file an H-1B visa for me. I just got my FPGEC certification

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

juju in Denton, Texas

38 months ago

Joious in Kochi, India said: Hi Lally,
Is there any possibility for writing FGPEE after completing M.Pharm(4+2)in India?

i just want to know ,when you finished your 4 year degree , if it was before 2003 then you are eligible for FPGEE IN US ,iam also a person like you finished Mpharm ,passed my fpgee.

Favoured one in Federal Way, Washington

38 months ago

The situation is getting so frustating for foreign Pharmacists. I believe, it is better to cancel the FPGEE if they know they already have enough Pharmacists. Many of us haave spent nothing les than $10,000 to write the FPGEE and TOEFL exams. In my own case, i wrote the TOEFl 7 times before i can get the minimal scores. I got the FPGEC certification now, no place for internship? Is it not frustating?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

elaineefford@hotmail.ca in Edmonton, Alberta

37 months ago

looking for pharmacy manager, in Alberta Canada elaineefford@hotmail.ca

Favoured One in Federal Way, Washington

37 months ago

Please do you of any link that i can get a sponsor for H1-B visa. I have the FPGEC certificate. It will be highly appreciated if you can help me out.

37 months ago

Favoured One in Federal Way, Washington said: Please do you of any link that i can get a sponsor for H1-B visa. I have the FPGEC certificate. It will be highly appreciated if you can help me out.

hi lamfavoured ...no i am not looking for sponsorship...so yea please do help

Medi in Langley, British Columbia

37 months ago

Hi lamfavoured,
I am lisenced in Canada and I will have my canadian passport in 5-6 months but now i am working and living as a permanent residence ,i got my FPGEC last month and I really looking for opportunity to do my internship in US ,so if you can help me with that,would be much appreciated.

Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Favoured One in Federal Way, Washington

37 months ago

You are licensed in Canada to practice Pharmacy? Why do you want to come to US? Is Pharmacist Salary not competitive in Canada? To get an internship position here is more difficult than the proverbial horse in the Bible to pass through the eye of a needle.
Even the US trained Pharmacists are finding it difficult to get an intern position. Good luck!!!

patel in Northvale, New Jersey

34 months ago

Very Very hard to get H1 visa for foreigner pharmacist, intern and with FPGEC certificate. US Citizen and green card holder has some chance still tough time finding job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Wawa in Jersey City, New Jersey

33 months ago

This is so bad and my heart's broken. I've just spoken to the intern coordinator of CVS pharmacy and she just informed me that they no longer consider foreign pharmacy grad interns. I have a greencard and an fpgec. She said it doesn't matter. She said that the pharmacy grads/ students here in the US have been over saturated for years and companies like them cater first to their grads than the foreign grad pharmacists. She said that they don't accept foreign grad interns for over 2 years now and as she knows leading retail pharmacies such as rite aid, walgreens- duane reade; walmart, target, shop rite and the like- would prioritize US educated students than foreign pharmacy grads and that most of these retail co. no longer accepts FPGE certified individuals. I feel heart broken because i know i worked hard to get this certificate and was thinking that the hardest part is over. I was totally left dumbfounded after hearing what she said. She said I could work as a pharm tech but that's all and can't convert my hours to internship hours. I've been searching for a year. I still have hope but i'm getting tired. I feel as if they(nabp and ets) just allow foreign grads to get the fpgec just to gain financial advantage from the takers. I'm sure they know this situation and they know the large number of applicants and the money they spend just to get this certificate. I don't know what other foreign grads like me experience but this is the situation now in New Jersey.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

RxLotus in north plainfield, New Jersey

33 months ago

Wawa in Jersey City, New Jersey said: This is so bad and my heart's broken. I've just spoken to the intern coordinator of CVS pharmacy and she just informed me that they no longer consider foreign pharmacy grad interns. I have a greencard and an fpgec... I feel heart broken because i know i worked hard to get this certificate and was thinking that the hardest part is over. I've been searching for a year. I still have hope but i'm getting tired. I feel as if they(nabp and ets) just allow foreign grads to get the fpgec just to gain financial advantage from the takers. I'm sure they know this situation and they know the large number of applicants and the money they spend just to get this certificate. I don't know what other foreign grads like me experience but this is the situation now in New Jersey.

had been searching for 2 years, gave up and decided to volunteer in a small pharmacy. the pharmacist asked me to work 8-6 mon-fri as she dismissed her technician i was required 1440 hours that's free labor for her for more than 8 months. i had to quit my job and depend on my wife until i get this done. 4 months through the internship the store decided to close due to bankruptcy asked the board what i should do and since i cannot transfer internship i had to start over again so 4 months of my life wasted. Now i'm a volunteer in another small pharmacy. Since i'm the only employee the pharmacist has, i do everything from being the sales clerk, the tech and the intern because i make calls and verify info. i don't call it a job. i am asked to work for 7 hours not including lunch and breaks and i come home really really tired compared to my wife who works as a nurse for more than 8 hours. None of the big retail pharmacies i have applied to even bothered to call me or email me at least they were able to tell u whats up. I don't know why i want to tell you this but i want u to know that u are not alone and i am equally sad and feel the same.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nash.prat in New York, New York

33 months ago

i need h1b sponshorship for pharmacy intern in michigan or newjersey i have FPGEC certificate PL. HELP ME thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

tootti in Jersey City, New Jersey

33 months ago

RxLotus in north plainfield, New Jersey said: had been searching for 2 years, gave up and decided to volunteer in a small pharmacy. the pharmacist asked me to work 8-6 mon-fri as she dismissed her technician i was required 1440 hours that's free labor for her for more than 8 months. i had to quit my job and depend on my wife until i get this done. 4 months through the internship the store decided to close due to bankruptcy asked the board what i should do and since i cannot transfer internship i had to start over again so 4 months of my life wasted. Now i'm a volunteer in another small pharmacy. Since i'm the only employee the pharmacist has, i do everything from being the sales clerk, the tech and the intern because i make calls and verify info. i don't call it a job. i am asked to work for 7 hours not including lunch and breaks and i come home really really tired compared to my wife who works as a nurse for more than 8 hours. None of the big retail pharmacies i have applied to even bothered to call me or email me at least they were able to tell u whats up. I don't know why i want to tell you this but i want u to know that u are not alone and i am equally sad and feel the same.

hi RxLotus, i'm so sorry about your sad experience. Inasmuch as I would like to tell you to look at the past 4 months as a learning experience, 4 months is still 4 months. I am aware of that policy that you can not transfer your hours, but i wish they could have made an exception in your case because what happened was not on your own liking.

But can you please tell me if you had to go thru all the steps in registration again? like submitting a new form for your new preceptor? was the permit you acquired employer/preceptor specific or did it at least suffice? thank you for any info you can share.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

RxLotus in north plainfield, New Jersey

33 months ago

tootti in Jersey City, New Jersey said: hi RxLotus, i'm so sorry about your sad experience. Inasmuch as I would like to tell you to look at the past 4 months as a learning experience, 4 months is still 4 months. I am aware of that policy that you can not transfer your hours, but i wish they could have made an exception in your case because what happened was not on your own liking.

But can you please tell me if you had to go thru all the steps in registration again? like submitting a new form for your new preceptor? was the permit you acquired employer/preceptor specific or did it at least suffice? thank you for any info you can share.

Yes, I have to go through it all over again. As it was required and I think it still is, you have to have a specific preceptor. Changing preceptor means new application forms. They need to fill out the preceptor application form that would be sent to you by the board once you request for one with a written explanation/request. They would need to provide their license number and permit number and all that info that qualifies them as a preceptor. So it is indeed specific. good luck to you.

tootti in Jersey City, New Jersey

33 months ago

RxLotus in north plainfield, New Jersey said: Yes, I have to go through it all over again. As it was required and I think it still is, you have to have a specific preceptor. Changing preceptor means new application forms. They need to fill out the preceptor application form that would be sent to you by the board once you request for one with a written explanation/request. They would need to provide their license number and permit number and all that info that qualifies them as a preceptor. So it is indeed specific. good luck to you.

thanks for your prompt response... oh that's twice the disappointment then huh... since you have to pay for the application again and i believe even if you were already fingerprinted, you still have to pay a fraction of the fees on background check.

I am actually doing a voluntary internship too, and I hope and I pray that we won't have the same fate. I just wanted to clarify that thing in case a similar scenario becomes inevitable. you know, at this time, we can never tell. thank you so much. and i'm wishing you well too.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

BSS BALAJI DEVARAPALLI in Bangalore, India

33 months ago

Myself Balaji DBSS pursuing PharmD NOW in INTERNSHIP from India.Canm any one suggest me what is the best option after completing My PharmD Degree and In India PharmD is a new course and waht is the minimum qualification dose a preceptor should have Here only M.pharm Phd are there some with M.pharm and experienced ....Finally which country at present is shortage of clinicaql pharmacists and community pharmacists.....there i can hope good response please do post

thank u in advance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

lina in Beirut, Lebanon

32 months ago

omg, thats really annoying , iam waiting my fpge certificate as i passed the toefl at last ,, but iam worried ab the next step which is the internship.as long as i heard that independant pharmacies are the only people recruiting these dys,, i read what you worte guys it is really annoying, anybody help me ,, what shall i do??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

ebee in Neptune, New Jersey

31 months ago

hi am asking if i can do the FPGEE with no registration only the certification because i just graduated and am in USA i dont want to go back to my country ???

Boby in Brentwood, Tennessee

31 months ago

I am a current student in the U.S. under an F-1 Student Visa. I've been going to school in the U.S. since middle school but I do not have a Green Card or Citizenship. I am wanting to go to Pharmacy school in the U.S. and I am a Canadian citizen. If I get my PharmD Degree in the U.S. does it differentiate me from a U.S. Citizen getting a PharmD Degree in the U.S.
Would employers hire me here in that case? And would they sponsor me for my green card?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Anas in Syrian Arab Republic

31 months ago

Hi everyone

i have an FPGEC certificate about 6 months ago .. if i could have a green card would i find an internship ?

it is so frustrating .. if you have any solution here is my email. anaspharmacy@hotmail.com

tanvir in Maidenhead, United Kingdom

29 months ago

The beauty of the USA is, there is and there will always be jobs. I feel sorry for your shallow opinion

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Edsonrao in Rio De Janeiro, Brazil

29 months ago

Hi all!

I am a pharmacist graduated in Brazil (federal university). I finished masters and almost done with pHd here. Are there chances for me outside Brazil? I just wanted to have experiences abroad to define whether I will stay here or not. I would really appreciate if anyone could advise me a bit about it?

Cheers!

blueivy in Chicago, Illinois

28 months ago

sarahbeth in Urbino, Italy said: Hello I am a US citizen (was born in the US) but am currently deciding if I should attend a 5 year pharmacy program in Italy, attain the FPGEC certification and then work in California. Will I be able to find a job in CA? Is it that difficult for a foriegn graduate? I would hate to go though all the hassle and $$ then not find a job... if you have any experience or advice it is welcome, thank you very much

Its better for you to school in the US as pharmacy has become so oversaturated as it is that there are not enough jobs for US grads let alone foreign graduates. It makes sense to attend a foreign school for medicine but not for pharmacy.

blueivy in Chicago, Illinois

28 months ago

tanvir in Maidenhead, United Kingdom said: The beauty of the USA is, there is and there will always be jobs. I feel sorry for your shallow opinion

Clearly you are not aware of the recession in the US. There are new schools of pharmacy cranking out 100s of pharmacy students every year. No employer wants to bother with work visas and green cards when they have an abundant supply of young US trained pharmacists willing to do the work for less money and less hassle.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.