You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (7)

mapuche in Studio City, California

43 months ago

Computer science hands down

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Robert RPH in Dallas, Texas

43 months ago

THESE PEOPLE ARE A BUNCH OF LIARS, WHAT DEGREE CAN YOU GRADUATE WITH WITH 100K SALARY STARTING BESIDES A MD?

THESE DO NOT WANT YOU TO GO IN, AND KEEP THE SHORTAGE GOING.

THIS IS THE REALITY, YOU CAN GET A JOB, YOU WILL BE STARTING AT 100K+, WHY DO YOU THINK SO MANY SCHOOLS ARE OPENING UP?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Robert RPH in Dallas, Texas

43 months ago

PHARMACY, YOU START AT 100K...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

david in Whittier, California

43 months ago

Sadly many schools are opening up because it is quite profitable. There are folks out there that believe that a shortage still exists and are willing to take out loans for the $30 to 40K tuition per year. Head over to the pharmacy forums at SDN and you will see threads discussing about future of the profession, saturation, and those diploma mill schools.

Google these articles:
From Shortage to Surplus: The Hazards of Uncontrolled Academic Growth

We Have TOO MANY Colleges of Pharmacy!

Is the pharmacist shortage over?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

insomniaRPH in Chantilly, Virginia

30 months ago

100K salary? Maybe 5 years ago. I graduated 2 yrs ago with 200k student debt from a private pharm D. school. It took me 4 months to land a full time job. I am certainly not earning 100K. My spouse on the other hand is in computers. He is earning 100K+ with flexible schedule. Pharmacy is a dead field. The dispensing aspect of pharmacy will be replaced by ATM machines (it already happens in urgent cares). If I get to do it over again, I would go into computer science or become a nurse practitioner.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

ccc in Columbus, Indiana

25 months ago

insomniaRPH in Chantilly, Virginia said: 100K salary? Maybe 5 years ago. I graduated 2 yrs ago with 200k student debt from a private pharm D. school. It took me 4 months to land a full time job. I am certainly not earning 100K. My spouse on the other hand is in computers. He is earning 100K+ with flexible schedule. Pharmacy is a dead field. The dispensing aspect of pharmacy will be replaced by ATM machines (it already happens in urgent cares). If I get to do it over again, I would go into computer science or become a nurse practitioner.

Do you think there will be Pharmacist surplus, do you think I should take pre-med? please help me I only have 20 days to reconsider and switch to premed

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ccc in Columbus, Indiana

25 months ago

SO MD is still considered pre-med right?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.