internship in canada after pebc evaluating exam

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 68)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

dzeanne in Lipa, Philippines

56 months ago

Hi, I'm a pharmacist from the Philippines and I'm planning to take the pebc evaluating exam in January 2011 and I'm planning to practice in Alberta. I've read all the requirements to practice as a pharmacist in Alberta and they require pharmacy internship. I've found this on their site:

Pre-requisites for intern registration:

1.Successfully complete the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC) Evaluating Exam (www.pebc.ca);
2.Meet English language fluency requirement;
3.Be a permanent resident, Canadian citizen, landed immigrant, or hold a valid employment visa.

My only problem is the third requirement. I'm not an immigrant in Canada and I plan to apply for a temporary resident visa only to sit for the PEBC Evaluating Exam. Can someone please tell me how to acquire a valid employment/working visa? Can I just apply to any community pharmacy in Alberta for internship during my stay there as a temporary resident visa holder? Thank you very much.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (112) / No (21) Reply - Report abuse

vagal in Toronto, Ontario

49 months ago

hi
am planing to appear for pharmacy evaluating exam can any one say how to prepare ? like books ? thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (54) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

roannepegarro in Pasig, Philippines

47 months ago

dzeanne in Lipa, Philippines said: Hi, I'm a pharmacist from the Philippines and I'm planning to take the pebc evaluating exam in January 2011 and I'm planning to practice in Alberta. I've read all the requirements to practice as a pharmacist in Alberta and they require pharmacy internship. I've found this on their site:

1.Successfully complete the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC) Evaluating Exam ( www.pebc.ca );
3.Be a permanent resident, Canadian citizen, landed immigrant, or hold a valid employment visa.

My only problem is the third requirement. I'm not an immigrant in Canada and I plan to apply for a temporary resident visa only to sit for the PEBC Evaluating Exam. Can someone please tell me how to acquire a valid employment/working visa? Can I just apply to any community pharmacy in Alberta for internship during my stay there as a temporary resident visa holder? Thank you very much.

ate ang prob ko naman is the first one.. san ako magtetake ng pebc??here o sa ca?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

roannepegarro in Pasig, Philippines

47 months ago

ate where can i take the pebc????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

dindo in Quezon City, Philippines

46 months ago

roannepegarro in Pasig, Philippines said: ate where can i take the pebc????

go to www.pebc.ca

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

dzeanne in Lipa, Philippines said: Hi, I'm a pharmacist from the Philippines and I'm planning to take the pebc evaluating exam in January 2011 and I'm planning to practice in Alberta. I've read all the requirements to practice as a pharmacist in Alberta and they require pharmacy internship. I've found this on their site:

1.Successfully complete the Pharmacy Examining Board of Canada (PEBC) Evaluating Exam ( www.pebc.ca );

My only problem is the third requirement. I'm not an immigrant in Canada and I plan to apply for a temporary resident visa only to sit for the PEBC Evaluating Exam. Can someone please tell me how to acquire a valid employment/working visa? Can I just apply to any community pharmacy in Alberta for internship during my stay there as a temporary resident visa holder? Thank you very much.[/QUOTE

what stage of the process are you in now? did you pass the ee?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

46 months ago

anong stage ka na ng process mo? bakit alberta ang napili mo?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

vivek malhotra in New Delhi, India

44 months ago

dindo in Quezon City, Philippines said: anong stage ka na ng process mo? bakit alberta ang napili mo?

You can apply as visitor visa and go to canada to give ur PEBC exams. This is what I did. But you will need an work permit and work visa to work there. Which you will get after clearing all your PEBC exams only

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

john in Kelowna, British Columbia

44 months ago

I'm on the same situation 5 years ago.Back then, companies are interested in hiring foreign graduates because of the shortage. But now, it's different. There's alot of graduates and companies are cutting hours for pharmacist. I don't think, your prospect is good. Anyway, good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

CYNTHIA in Germany

43 months ago

im a pharmacist in the philippines,,planning to take my pebc exam next yr..dont have problems with my papers as to land since my husband is a canadian..but i need help with the materials i need..what is the best and most effective ways and dos to start..HELP ME ALL PASSERS..PLEASE..THANKS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

CYNTHIA in Germany

43 months ago

hi, ask kko lang po ..hows everything..natuloy ka ba sa exam..please do share naman oh..im planning also in alberta andyan yung asawa..sige we will work hand hand..salamat ng marami..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

Hey just read one book which is CPR

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

cynthia pharm in Germany

43 months ago

vivek malhotra in New Delhi, India said: Hey just read one book which is CPR

thanks a lot...but can u specify the author,.if there is any.how about the pharmacology??huh .are u now a licensed pharmacist in canada?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

Books name is CPR Comprehensive Pharmacy review. This book is basically for FPGEE and it covers everything which we need for PEBC exam. Authors name is Comprehensive Pharmacy Review
by Leon Shargel, Alan H. Mutnick.

I have cleared my PEBC evaluation exam and I have cleared ILETS and I have got my slef pre registered as an IPG (International pharmacy graduate in BC).
But I cant get an job of intern pharmacist since I am in India New Delhi and I dont have an work permit or immigration.
I will give my next PEBC exams soon
You can email me on vivek_malhotra77 at the rate hotmail to get more information from me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

roannepegarro in Pasig, Philippines said: ate where can i take the pebc????

You can give the PEBC exam anywhere in Canada you can take an visitor visa for that.

cynthia pharm in Germany

43 months ago

vivek malhotra in New Delhi, India said: Books name is CPR Comprehensive Pharmacy review. This book is basically for FPGEE and it covers everything which we need for PEBC exam. Authors name is Comprehensive Pharmacy Review
by Leon Shargel, Alan H. Mutnick.

I have cleared my PEBC evaluation exam and I have cleared ILETS and I have got my slef pre registered as an IPG (International pharmacy graduate in BC).
But I cant get an job of intern pharmacist since I am in India New Delhi and I dont have an work permit or immigration.
I will give my next PEBC exams soon
You can email me on vivek_malhotra77 at the rate hotmail to get more information from me.

so what will be the next step..and you are almost ready for the exam then..can i have you yahoo messenger..to catch u anytime..thanks..i prefer to be in alberta too

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

cynthia pharm in Germany

43 months ago

vagal in Toronto, Ontario said: hi
am planing to appear for pharmacy evaluating exam can any one say how to prepare ? like books ? thank you

hi , just wanna ask hows your review going ...thnaks

haymanot_abreha in Calgary, Alberta

43 months ago

I have a work permit to work in Canada. I am now thinking to take the pebc evaluating exam. But when I read about the internship hours required , it is very disappointing. How can one practice for 1000 hours without job? Please clarify this point. Is the internship with payment or without payment?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cynthia pharm in Netherlands

43 months ago

haymanot_abreha in Calgary, Alberta said: I have a work permit to work in Canada. I am now thinking to take the pebc evaluating exam. But when I read about the internship hours required , it is very disappointing. How can one practice for 1000 hours without job? Please clarify this point. Is the internship with payment or without payment?

hi..thats ridiculous...anyway what is your job now...

43 months ago

cynthia pharm in Netherlands said: hi..thats ridiculous...anyway what is your job now...

No there is no mandatory 1000 hours requirement by the PEBC
And you get around 12-22 CAD per hour for Intern Pharmacist or assistant pharmacist job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

43 months ago

cynthia pharm in Netherlands said: hi..why there is such a bracket..is this after the evaluating exam.

after the PEBC eval exam you give the ILETS exams and after you pre register yourself as an IPG.

I just gave you an estimate bracket. I dont know why it is like this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

MOOSA in Dubai, United Arab Emirates

43 months ago

CAN SOMEONE CLARIFY WHETHER I CAN DO SOME SORT OF TRAINEE JOB ONCE I PASS EVALUATION EXAM.
THANKS MOOSA DUBAI

hiba in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates

43 months ago

mr moosa once u pass ur evaluation exam then u must pass local english test which is just formality then u will be registerd as IPG, U CAN DO PAID INTERSHIP THEN.
I have passed evaluation exam and will visit for qualifying in winter 2011.
i have fingers crossed for u...
good luck

Robert in Mumbai, India

43 months ago

hiba in Sharjah, United Arab Emirates said: mr moosa once u pass ur evaluation exam then u must pass local english test which is just formality then u will be registerd as IPG, U CAN DO PAID INTERSHIP THEN.
I have passed evaluation exam and will visit for qualifying in winter 2011.
i have fingers crossed for u...
good luck

Are both the exams tough...evaluating and qualifying?

dr.nayyarmumtaz@yahoo.com in Twickenham, United Kingdom

43 months ago

I am a fresh graduate of Pharmacy. And passed the evaluating exams and English Exams. I'm currently in UK. Is the 1000 Hours of internship must have to be in canada or anywhere in the world like UK.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

dr.nayyarmumtaz@yahoo.com in Twickenham, United Kingdom

43 months ago

How much on an average it takes to get register as an pharmacist in canada from scratch including Evaluating and Final interview.

nisarg in Ahmadabad, India

42 months ago

vivek malhotra in New Delhi, India said: You will get an visitor visa to give the exam. I got the same easily. You will not get work visa or community pharmacist internship.

i am planning to give pebc in jan could u pls help me with material for it ..what all books do we need to study ..i have done b pharma from bangalore 4 yrs.

vivek malhotra in Delhi, India

42 months ago

One book is good CPR by shargill or something like that

comprehensive pharmacy review.

I studied from this and passed.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nisarg in Ahmadabad, India

42 months ago

vivek malhotra in Delhi, India said: One book is good CPR by shargill or something like that

comprehensive pharmacy review.

I studied from this and passed.

thanks mate ...for the information ..can u get me your number would like to know few more things nisargy2k@yahoo.com....

Anna in Manila, Philippines

41 months ago

how much will it cost to fulfill all the requirements? is alberta canada still an ideal place for pharmacists to work in? i was aiming for this country because my sister will be going there as a nurse..

(graduating student of BS pharmacy)

applesharma in Calgary, Alberta

41 months ago

vivek malhotra in New Delhi, India said: You will get an visitor visa to give the exam. I got the same easily. You will not get work visa or community pharmacist internship.

can you please let me know about the books i need to buy??please

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

applesharma in Calgary, Alberta

41 months ago

nisarg in Ahmadabad, India said: i am planning to give pebc in jan could u pls help me with material for it ..what all books do we need to study ..i have done b pharma from bangalore 4 yrs.

hey nisarg,

I did my b.pharmacy in india. i am planning to prepare for pebc this year.can you please tell me about the books and the study material??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

yen in Waukesha, Wisconsin

40 months ago

help!! im planning to take the evaluating exam nxt year summer 2011. I'm looking for helpful review materials and i've read about misbah books from the other site. Anybody knows if misbah reviewer is helpful for evaluating exam? pls. coz its quite expensive.
anybody here sitting for EE nxt yr?

cynthia in Mountain View, California

39 months ago

applesharma in Calgary, Alberta said: hey nisarg,

I did my b.pharmacy in india. i am planning to prepare for pebc this year.can you please tell me about the books and the study material??

hi,..hows your review going.....

vivek Malhotra in New Delhi, India

39 months ago

CPR by lipincott and Shergil

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

vivek Malhotra in New Delhi, India said: CPR by lipincott and Shergil

hi vek...did you passd the exam..are u in canada now?...thanks

39 months ago

Yes I passed but I am in Delhi

39 months ago

wow...congratulation!....thats a big blow out then..whats the next step ..so happy for you

39 months ago

Thanks but no big deal lots still to be done takes too much time and money, register in state pharmacy org, give ILTES, give Part I, give part II, give jurisprudence exam, get work permit.

Lots of things to be done so I gave it a break. And happy in Delhi and doing good here

39 months ago

i agree,but at least youre in the next level...when are u planning for the next exam..want to stay in canada for good..do u think CPR book us just enough for the entire review...?thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

39 months ago

CPR is good enough, nothing else is needed. I wil next levels next year.

39 months ago

vivek Malhotra in New Delhi, India said: Thanks but no big deal lots still to be done takes too much time and money, register in state pharmacy org, give ILTES, give Part I, give part II, give jurisprudence exam, get work permit.

Lots of things to be done so I gave it a break. And happy in Delhi and doing good here

what about the intership..?

39 months ago

vivek Malhotra in New Delhi, India said: CPR is good enough, nothing else is needed. I wil next levels next year.

ok..glad to hear that..but what about for the part i,2 and the jurisprudence..we all knw that CPR is more for fpgee in the US..

gb in Toronto, Ontario

38 months ago

yen in Waukesha, Wisconsin said: help!! im planning to take the evaluating exam nxt year summer 2011. I'm looking for helpful review materials and i've read about misbah books from the other site. Anybody knows if misbah reviewer is helpful for evaluating exam? pls. coz its quite expensive.
anybody here sitting for EE nxt yr?

yes misbah is a lot of help , i passed evaluatin exam , thanks to his class n books

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

cynthia in Los Angeles, California

38 months ago

gb in Toronto, Ontario said: yes misbah is a lot of help , i passed evaluatin exam , thanks to his class n books

hi gb, im a bit confused, which is which?...misbah or comprehensive review for the EE..thanks...

avani in Mumbai, India

37 months ago

hello, I have completed my M.Pharm in Pharmacology. I am working as a lecturer in government pharmacy college. I want to migrate to canada for my PhD study. Would there any chance of getting admission there? I have strong academic background having 8 awards in research, 5 publications and through out university first in my master of pharmacy. Will i directly get the admission in PhD or should i study there the basic degree first? waiting for the reply. U can mail me at avanishah86@gmail.com thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

medex in Buting, Philippines

37 months ago

hi guys! i really like this forum it changes informations about the pebc exams. I would like to ask , what are the requirements to be qualified in pebc evaluating exam? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Z in Iran, Islamic Republic of

37 months ago

hi everyone, thanks for ur comments,I learned a lot by reading them, so just got my Pharm.D and planning to go to Canada. is it true that I dont need to pass IELTS for the evaluation exam of PEBC? and is the IPG program classes useful for the qualification exams?

Pooja in Montreal, Quebec

36 months ago

vivek malhotra in New Delhi, India said: You can apply as visitor visa and go to canada to give ur PEBC exams. This is what I did. But you will need an work permit and work visa to work there. Which you will get after clearing all your PEBC exams only

mr. vivek malhotra want to ask u sm question
please can u give me ur mail.i.d.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

36 months ago

vivek_malhotra77@hotmail.com

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.