Pharmacy Technician Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (839) - Start a Discussion

Lexiyaz in Orange, Texas

Updated 16 months ago

Questions Regarding the PTCB Exam - 9 Replies

I am currently studying for my PTCB Exam and I'm pretty much done with everything other than learning the "Top 200 Drugs". I'm having a hard time...

Seriousaboutthis in Markham, Illinois

Updated 16 months ago

Walgreens/CVS to Hospital Pharmacy - 2 Replies

I am not certified at this time. My long term goal to work in a Hospital pharmacy and I am wondering the best route to take to do so? I really don't...

CaptainGeech in Wisconsin

Can anyone in WI give input on Pharmacy Tech jobs in hospitals?

A local hospital is hiring a pharmacy tech, no experience or certification needed. I'm just curious about pay. I'm not expecting it to be a lot,...

PTCBEASY in San Francsico, California

Updated 16 months ago

Boston Reed Pharmcay Tech Class?? - 125 Replies

Hi, i am deciding whether i should attend a Boston Reed Pharmacy Tech course, which is about a 7 month program, or Enroll in a regular vocational...

PTCBEASY in Watsonville, California

Updated 16 months ago

Did you take your PTCE Exam? Please come here and help others.... - 939 Replies

Greetings, If you taken your PTCE Exam, it would be of great help to everyone to know what you seen (if you can remember) on your exam. If you...

PTCBEASY in San Francsico, California

Updated 16 months ago

Question regarding to PTCB exam - 97 Replies

Hello I wish to take the PTCB exam soon, and was going to register via the internet but one of the rule they have is "I acknowledge that I will not...

kia in San Antonio, Texas

Updated 17 months ago

I need help with some math calculations, i think the percentages and ratios throw me off. Can you please help me set-up the problem or tell me which...

scooterinnc84 in Lewisville, North Carolina

What material should I cover in my review book for the ptcb test for this year....

I got the most up to date book called the complete review for pharmacy tech 3rd edition through the American pharmacy association. A professor at a...

Updated 17 months ago

Do you have to go to school in order to register for the board of pharmacy Association in North Carolina, not to take the test? - 1 Reply

I just purchased the updated Complete Pharmacy Review book 3rd edition through from American Pharmacy Association website. I plan on...

reneegavin in Bloomsburg, Pennsylvania

CVS will train and pay for PTCB exam

Hello everyone, I have worked for CVS in the past, and the location I was in was horrible. However, I think it was the location and the huge...

Liz in Cranston, Rhode Island

How much do you make as a Pharmacy Technician II in Rhode Island?

I'm looking for a career change and am considering enrolling in the Pharmacy Technician program at the local community college. The program would...

cathytangonanrph in San Diego, California

Applying for PTCE in California

i signed up at for the pharmacy certification exam and they asked me to pay $129. i would just like to ask what are the requirements for the...

hufflinpuff in Frankfort, Illinois

Updated 18 months ago

Bachelor Degree rather than high school diploma for applying the pharmacy technician? - 1 Reply

Hi. I have already got my Bachelor Degree of pharmacy in my country. If I want to apply for the pharmacy technician, the Education Requirement on...

chrisk in Steger, Illinois

Updated 18 months ago

Finding a job - 7 Replies

I passed the PTCE about a month ago and I'm about to turn in my application to get my license. During the mean time, I've been trying to find a job...

PharmTechNewbie in Ozark, Alabama

Best Books for New Pharmacy Tech

I am starting as a Pharmacy Tech Trainee in a couple of weeks. In the state of Alabama, all that is required is that I send $60 to get my state...

HenrietteM in Miami, Florida

Sleeping pills user: will that prevent me from getting a job?

Just wondering, before I even go to technology school. I have used prescription sleeping pills (benzos) for 15 years or so. I am not an illicit drug...

AnnieTay in California

First Day of Externship Begins Tomorrow

And oh my, I am so nervous. I wouldn't be so nervous if I was fresh out of the class and knowledge were still with me but it's not. It's been about...

sabina in Niles, Illinois

Updated 19 months ago

set up help! - 1 Reply

can someone help me set up this equation... Rantidine is infused in a 0.5 L bag 1/2 NS for ulcer treatment. It runs at 30 drops per min with the...

Leah R in Essex Junction, Vermont

Updated 20 months ago

what kind of questions appear in PTCB? - 16 Replies

hello. ill be taking the exam couple of months from now. just wanna know what kind of questions usually appear in the exam? so many topics in the...

Edwina in Lakewood, Ohio

Updated 20 months ago

Pharmacy Tech School - 80 Replies

I am about to start a Pharmacy Tech program here at the local tech college. Its an 8 week course and its only $1000. I know everyone keeps saying...

kmccleanhaynes in Atlanta, Georgia

Updated 20 months ago

Walmart* Pharmacy Technicians Gather Here - 37 Replies

If you work as a pharmacy technician for Walmart*, come to this discussion and let's see if we can put our heads together to make our work experience...

rlhgr in Fort Myers, Florida

Updated 20 months ago

Accredited online training program in FL? - 1 Reply

Wanting one that will prepare me for the exam..

xmauixwowix in Middletown, Maryland

Not perky enough for CVS standards (pharmacy techs)

I started as a pharmacy tech trainee with CVS back in January. I am not certified and have no experience. Its getting to the point were I can't take...

michaeljfairfax in Burke, Virginia

Training, certification, and business needs mismatched?

Maybe just my irritation, but the disconnect between the training programs I have gone through (evening classes, online), the PTCE, and the actual...

michaeljfairfax in Burke, Virginia

Updated 20 months ago

Specialty certifications that are worth the time and effort? - 5 Replies

Looking up the road at moving from retail to hospital work, also at specializing -- IV, chemo, radiation, any others? Chasing PharmD does not impress...

NC_Pharm_Tech in Charlotte, North Carolina

Pharmacy Tech: Interviewing with Target

Are there any Pharmacy Techs, or anyone in general, who can tell me about working at Target (specifically in the Pharmacy)? Give me the good, the...

Armenta's Pharm Techs in Moreno Valley, California

Updated 21 months ago

have anyone taken the pharmacy technician class from the ROP?? - 82 Replies

if anyone has taken the pharmacy technician class from the ROP or Grossmont Adult School pls let me know if the program is any good. thx.

Updated 21 months ago

Inpatient Hospital Pharm Tech Test for Employment - 1 Reply

Hello, My girlfriend (PTCB certified) is interviewing for a position at a hospital as an inpatient pharm tech. I have heard the hiring...

Updated 21 months ago

certification tests in different states - 1 Reply

Hello, I just got a job as a part time tech in a mom and pop pharmacy. My hope is to start studying for the certification test (any suggestions...

Firm Tech in Chino, California

Updated 21 months ago

RITE-AID - 113 Replies

Somewhere in Chardon, Ohio

So many questions...

I've been looking into Pharm Tech probably for a few years, but i'm not sure if this is the direction i should take right now, i'd love to ask a few...

buttercup26 in Jonesboro, Georgia

Updated 21 months ago

Can I get certified in Florida with the Pharmacy Technician online training Package? - 5 Replies

I have been looking into becoming a Pharmacy Technician while I go to school to finish my AA degree. According to this website

NC_Pharm_Tech in Charlotte, North Carolina

Updated 21 months ago

Would you recommend this career? Becoming certified... - 3 Replies

Hello, A few years ago, I completed a certificate program for pharmacy technician. Due to some extenuating circumstances, I worked at an awful...

Updated 22 months ago

Arizona Pharmacy Techs - 41 Replies

Hello. Is there anyone here who resides in Arizona, near the Phoenix area? I was curious about the pay range in this area at the different...

Erica in Sacramento, California

Updated 22 months ago

Pharmacy technicians - 1 Reply

Do you have to have education to have this job? Like can you just get hired without taking classes? How old do you have to be in Virginia to have...

DBYesYes in New York, New York

Updated 22 months ago

PTCB Exam - 2 Replies

Hey guys and gals, I've been given the "Mosby's review For The PTCB Certification Exam" book as a gift to study for the PTCB exam. I've never...

Erica in Sacramento, California

Updated 22 months ago

Is Pharmacy Tech. a good career change ? - 4 Replies

I'm thinking about becoming a pharmacy tech, but after reading much of this forum, I'm having doubts! In the past I was a (part-time) corporate...

Updated 23 months ago

Requirements to take pharm tech exam/certification - 1 Reply

Hi All, i am new to this forum, I have checked ptcb website however I couldn't find the requirements to sit for an exam. I am a licensed...

LavenderLaugh in Castro Valley, California

Updated 23 months ago

Pharmacy Technology at Las Positas College - 7 Replies

Las Positas College currently opens the pharmacy technology program in this Spring. Is there anyone taking the program? Although this program is...

Sara ,CPhT in Fort Worth, Texas

Updated 23 months ago

Pharmacy Technician or Medical Coding and Billin? - 2 Replies

I'm still deciding whether pharmacy tech or medical coding and billing. I know medical coding pays wayyy more but i've been reading of how hard it is...

Legit Broth in Stephenville, Texas

Updated 23 months ago

Why I regret becoming a Pharmacy Technician, and you will too! - 1 Reply

I went to a voc school for about 10 months. I learned over 350 drugs, more med terms than a nurse probably knows, pharmacology, laws, and so much...

JSK in Livonia, Michigan

Updated 23 months ago

Newly hired pharmacy tech - 2 Replies

I just got hired at CVS as a pharmacy tech trainee. I could be starting (training) as early has Monday. The store is newly built and will be opening...

mark r. in Brownsville, Texas

Walmart Pharmacy tech (Connexus resolution help needed)

Hello well I been working at the walmart pharmacy for about 3 months now. I have learned input, filling, and tasco. The only problem that I still...

Help on CphT math conversions

In school fr CphT need help with this math, not understanding how to get the answer. Please help? 1. Methadone 10mg/ml 15mg lm tid prp How many ml...

Marie Zuniga in chandler, Arizona

Updated 24 months ago

how can the pharmacy technicians make their own union - 11 Replies

Pharmacy technicians all over are being treated like slaves in retail pharmacies, new pharmacy technicians are not getting jobs because the...

Anne07 in Saint Paul, Minnesota

Updated 25 months ago

Where to take Pharmacy Tech classes in metro area- MN - 3 Replies

I'm interested in getting a job as a Pharmacy Tech. Looking for a program, perhaps through a community college, that has me in and out and doesn't...

Sunithasiva in Dallas, United States minor outlying islands

Updated 25 months ago

pharmacy tech math help - 3 Replies

i'm studying the math right now and i'm studying various books and in one particular book i am studying, i am having trouble. i found it odd that...

ili in Cape Coral, Florida

Updated 25 months ago

Anyone have time to answer these questions that I cannot find anywhere??? - 28 Replies

***A 55 lb child is to receive heparin sodium by IV Infusion in a dose of 50 units/kg of body weight every 4 hours. How many milliliters of heparin...

Sarah Spears in Texarkana, Texas

Updated 25 months ago

Pharmacy Technician books!! All the textbooks you need to become a Certified Pharmacy Technician!!! - 1 Reply

My wife enrolled in the Pharmacy Technician program at a local college, but because of family issues we had to relocate about 3 weeks after. The...

dannigurl2f4u in Gilmer, Texas

Trying to get Texas Pharmacy licenses

I have a question I have been a tech for 6 yrs in the state of Louisiana. Moved to Texas and got arrested for being In the car with someone that had...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.