Pharmacy Technician Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (874) - Start a Discussion

jordanalexis in Braidwood, Illinois

Is Becoming A Pharmacy Technician Really Worth It?

I am 24 years old and I am going back to school next month for BA in Business Management. I see that my school offers a Pharmacy Tech Certificate. I...

linda in Chico, California

pharmacy technician

I was certified two years ago, currently i am applying for CA pharmacy license. There are opportunities avail in my local, requiring license though....

DNJMK in Fort Worth, Texas

Updated 24 months ago

I need help solving 3 math calculation problems if someone don't mind helping...! - 7 Replies

1. A neonate is to receive an infusion at 60ml/hr for a total of 12 hours. How much of the following electrolytes should be added to the...

Tom King, RPh of QuickTestPrep.com in Dallas, Texas

Updated 24 months ago

school for pharmacy tech..? - 1 Reply

Hello. I have questions about going school to be pharmacy tech. First, I just moved to states and i have foreign bachelor's degree in Health care....

Tom King, RPh of QuickTestPrep.com in Dallas, Texas

Updated 24 months ago

Can I work with my license from PR in the US? - 1 Reply

I'm a certified and registered Pharmacy technician in Puerto Rico. Can my license from PR works for me to get a job as a technician in the US?

Luna in Siren, Wisconsin

Updated 24 months ago

I made a mistake? - 2 Replies

I've been a PT since 2009, but I didn't go to school for pharmacy except a 5 week course in the basics. I worked a few months in retail (moved up the...

DNJMK in Fort Worth, Texas

Pharmacy Calculations

I need some help on some pharmacy calculations if someone don't mind helping. #1 A prescription is received for a pediatric patient to receive 250...

Lindsey G in New Windsor, New York

CPhT class question (pre-PA)

OK heres some useful/un-useful info about what I plan to do for my next 4 years. I am currently enrolled at a community college in New York and I...

jasmine7 in Duluth, Georgia

Pharmacy Tech License in Georgia

How long does it take to get a pharmacy tech license? I recently got hired as a pharmacy tech and was told to register with the GA board of pharmacy...

Alf in West New York, New Jersey

Pay differentials for working inpatient/outpatient oncology

Hi all, I'm trying to gather some data and the answers aren't as easy to google as I had hoped. I'm wondering if those of you who work in...

Brittany in Fort Worth, Texas

pharmacy

Can someone please send me the new up to date book in pdf to my email. I have taken the pharmacy test and I failed it due to the math portion.

Sylvia Gonzales in Fresno, California

Pharmacy Technician in General.

First of all I have been a tech for over 25 years. Worked Retail,Hospital, correctional setting and a Health Insurance company. Its a good job, and...

momo517 in New York

Want to change careers to Pharm Tech - major retail pharmacy or community pharmacy?

Long story short, I had a very hard time finding a job in my field (also in health care), even after getting all my certifications done. I do have...

jayydela in Sugar Land, Texas

Pharmacy Tech or Licensed Optician

So at my workplace, I am currently a non-licensed optician. Recently, there has been a job opening for a pharmacy technician and I was wondering if...

proudmommy in Saint Paul, Minnesota

Anyone from the twin cities area have any input on salary?

I'm currently working at a LTC pharmacy making bout 18/hr. Trying to transition to hospitals but not sure what to ask for. I was thinking $19-20. Any...

Lucas the Dog in Madison, Tennessee

study websites

Has anyone tried pharmacytechreview.com? The website has a lot of useful info, but the tests seemed a little pricey.

wanttobethebest in Ozark, Missouri

Inputting @ walmart

Has anyone heard, all Wal-Mart pharmacy Techs have to be 95% at inputting accuracy or will have to leave the pharmacy, even if they can fill and take...

missmooniesims in Texarkana, Texas

Updated 27 months ago

passing the ptcb exam - 1 Reply

urus is there any way you can send me study materials so i can pass my exam. Thank you soooo much. I really appreciate it.

kxeim99 in Garden Grove, California

Updated 27 months ago

volunteer intern permit - 42 Replies

Hi, what is the best book to study for PTCB test and is this book are up-to-dated? What about the math calculation does is have alot of it to...

Ohyeah40 in Raleigh, North Carolina

Updated 27 months ago

Pharmacy Technician Education - 1 Reply

Anyone who says you can be a Pharmacy Technician without training is very wrong. They may have a job and a nametag that say Pharmacy Technician but...

mahe in Washington, Utah

Updated 27 months ago

Updated PTCB Exam - 8 Replies

Has anyone taken the new exam yet? I recently became interested in becoming a Pharm Tech but, with the new exam, I have NO CLUE what I should be...

renireni in Shenandoah, Pennsylvania

Updated 27 months ago

Hours/Current Wages of a Pharmacy Technician - 1 Reply

I am currently in the process of becoming a Pharmacy Tech. I soon hope to take the PTCE. I've been looking on this forum for quite some time now. I...

Marlene Cortese in Jacksonville, Florida

Pharmacy Tech License in Florida

Does anyone know of lost cost schooling approved by the board of Pharmacy in Florida to obtain a Florida Pharmacy Technician license ? I am a PTCB...

jrd14473 in Ohio

Updated 28 months ago

Should I go to an interview for a pharmacy tech position in Ohio even though I do not have pharmacy certification? - 1 Reply

I was scheduled for an interview for an infusion therapy pharmacy technician next week. I just noticed in the job description that pharmacy...

cf3001atyahoodotcom in Lancaster, California

How I'm making more $ as a Pharmacy Tech

User name = my email. I'm making much more by using this simple technique. If you're a pharmacy tech for a retail please email me.

eberechi4sure@*****.*** in Dallas, Texas

A cry for help!!!!

I'm having problems craming the 200 drugs.pls can someone help me and tell me if there is a shortcut.my email is eberechi4sure@gmail.com

eberechi4sure@*****.*** in Dallas, Texas

pharmacy technician study materials.

Pls,can someone help me with some materials that will help me pass pharmacy technician exam.thanks

Mikey Mike in Hollis, New York

Updated 28 months ago

What should I study for the pharm tech certification exam? - 23 Replies

I'm currently enrolled in the pharm tech program at my college and I was wondering what I should study for my certification exam and what the ups and...

eberechi4sure@*****.*** in Houston, Texas

study materials

Urus could you help me with your study materials?God bless you.eberechi4sure@gmail.com

akeilman in Fairbanks, Alaska

How do I go about getting a Pharm tech license in Tucson, AZ?

So I live in Alaska right now and it isn't a requirement to go to school or have training for a pharmacy technician's license. I got my license a few...

eberechi4sure@*****.*** in Irving, Texas

please,I want to take pharmacy technician exam by next month.can someone tell me the right material to use and study so as to pa

Pls can someone tell me the books to study for the pharmacy technician exam and and how best to know the 200 drugs.

Kimmm in Tucson, Arizona

Updated 29 months ago

Does Target train you to be a certifed Pharmacy Tech? - 1 Reply

I don't work at target and I am not certified and do not have any experience. I know that Walgreens trains you. Thank you.

Dedee

Updated 29 months ago

Math question help - 5 Replies

I need help with this. A cream contains 1.5g of hydrocortisone in 30g of cream. How much hydrocortisone must be added to make the final product...

corissalindley in Clarkston, Washington

Updated 30 months ago

PTCB or exCPT??? - 1 Reply

The PTCB is about 129$, offered on a schedule and is widely known... The exCPT is 90$, offered just about everyday of every month and isn't as...

Seriousaboutthis in Markham, Illinois

Updated 30 months ago

Lab Coats and pharmacy attire - 1 Reply

My new job requires that I wear a lab coat but I am unsure of what length coat pharmacy techs wear.

Ksjudith1 in Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island

become a certified pharmacy technician in canada?

Do you NEED to go to college to become a certified pharmacy technician in Canada? Is there different requirements for each province? I did some...

introvgrl85 in Chicago, Illinois

Would hospitals & retails hire Deaf pharmacy technicians?

I am going to be in a pharmacy technician training program but am worried that I may not be able to find a PT job due to my hearing loss. I read that...

the_main_event in Gatesville, Texas

Pharmacy people! Have an interview for tech on Mon; please help me with my strategy!!

Hi guys, While going to school for another field, I am hoping to kill two birds with one stone and learn the pharmacy tech field via on the job...

reneegavin in Danville, Pennsylvania

Hospital vs retail

Can you please tell me what the major differences are as far as duties in these 2 fields? I am in retail now, so I know what is involved there. Is...

vm1108 in Evans, Georgia

Updated 32 months ago

PDX Pharmacy System - 3 Replies

Is anyone familiar with the PDX Pharmacy System? I know Bi-Lo/Winn Dixie has been using the system for some time.

Stephen in Valinhos, Brazil

Updated 32 months ago

Register with Florida - 29 Replies

Hi I just passed the PTCB exam and I was wondering what to do next. I read on the forums here to register with my state (FL). Where do I go to...

Rockets34Life in Houston, Texas

Next career path with pharmacy tech experience

My wife has over 15 years of experience as a pharmacy tech. She has worked in retail, mail order, and currently works at a hospital. She likes...

Rockets34Life in Dallas, Texas

Best places for Sr. Pharmacy Tech to work (non-retail)

My wife has over 15 years of experience as a pharmacy tech. She has worked in retail, mail order, and currently works at a hospital. She likes...

donna.simmons25@*****.*** in Conyers, Georgia

Updated 33 months ago

PTCB Exam Dates? - 2 Replies

Hey guys, I was looking around the Peaarson VUE and official PTCB sites but I had a hard time finding the test dates any where. Can any one give me a...

SosaB in Minneapolis, Minnesota

Advancing as a pharmacy tech

I was recently hired as a pharmacy tech @ cvs and its an alright job. Not much physical labor, customers are alright, but overall I like it. My...

dapple51102 in Port Huron, Michigan

I don't like my job and I just started (pharmacy technician)

I went to school for a 3 month pharmacy technician program. I worked really hard, received valedictorian of the class, and later passed the PTCB. I...

Rebecca in Sanford, Florida

Updated 34 months ago

I'm PTCB certified but making the same pay as someone who is not - 2 Replies

I recently went to school for pharmacy technician and got PTCB certified over the summer. I just got hired at a retail pharmacy in town. Another...

BridgetRB in HUMBLE, Texas

Updated 34 months ago

FREE Study Group - 4 Replies

Dear All, I have had a PTCB Study Group on line for FREE for many years since 2002. If you have questions that you can not answer feel free to...

Nightsong7 in Boca Raton, Florida

Frustrated CPhT

I've been working at my current pharmacy as a tech and only tech for 5 years, last April things changed. They sold the pharmacy to owners whom own 4...

theAngrylady in California

Updated 35 months ago

Can't find a job as a pharmacy tech! - 62 Replies

Hello everyone. I am a 26 yr old black male in Seattle, ex military. I am in a very bad situation. I just finished the pharmacy tech program at...

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.