Pharmacy Technician Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (791) - Start a Discussion

anupchy123 in Jamaica, New York

Updated 11 months ago

Civil Service - 1 Reply

I'm still trying to find information about the ny state civil service test for Pharmacy Aide. Has anyone here ever taken a civil service exam..or...

jer in Des Plaines, Illinois

Updated 11 months ago

The *ONE* thing they can't teach you in Pharmacy Tech school... - 6 Replies

Third-Party Billing is the most difficult task retail pharmacy technicians will face once they are in the field. Due to patient privacy issues, the...

Jakperk in Fort Pierce, Florida

Are pharm tech jobs hard to get?

I'm starting school at my local state collage to become certified in pharmacy tech. I'm currently working at Burger King and would prefer to...

glamaralahl in Astoria, New York

Updated 12 months ago

"Volunteer for 2 years to get experience as a pharmacy technician at a local hospital" - 8 Replies

Nobody wants to work for "Free". However, because most of the employers who advertise for open pharmacy technician positions have this as a...

Marie Lopez in Moreno Valley, California

Updated 12 months ago

American College of Healthcare- on pierce St in Riverside CA - 12 Replies

This school is a BIG joke! I enrolled back in October, Never had a lab to practice, moved 3x in six months, recieved 2 books two days before my last...

marsm77 in Franklin Park, Illinois

passing thePTCB Exam

1read all the chapters questions in your books and understand it. 2.read again for 3rd times or more. and don't read any new pharmacy book except...

Caity in Hillsboro, Oregon

Updated 12 months ago

Study Group for self-study pharmacy techs in Houston - 19 Replies

Hi! Is anyone in the Houston area studying for the pharmacy tech certification test? I would like a study-buddy just to run flash cards with,...

Anna in Columbia, Maryland

How was your PTCB exam? Please tell us how it was!

Hello! I'm taking the PTCB exam in a few days and I'm freaking out because I'm having a hard time memorizing drugs. I started with the Top 200 drugs...

scarecrow in Baltimore, Washington

Updated 13 months ago

Anyone ever worked for PharMerica? - 2 Replies

Anyone ever worked for PharMerica? Specifically in California? Any insight about working as Tech for them would be appreciated. Such as hours (are...

Mjac1985 in New Baltimore, Michigan

Background check

How far back does cvs go on background check? I have the lowest missdemeanor theft charge from 9 years and 8 months ago.

Oedgar in Texas

Getting a job in a long term care pharmacy

I am interested in becoming a pharmacy technician. I worked many years ago as an LVN, but don't like the direct patient care aspect. Also, I to work...

Kureitondes in Nashville, Tennessee

Updated 13 months ago

How do I become Pharmacy Tech in a hospital? - 2 Replies

Hi I have no experience as a Pharmacy Tech and was wondering the process of becoming one. I have wanted to become one for so long and to work in a...

robinsaj in Chicago, Illinois

Follow-up time for Pharm Tech registration/license application in Illinois

I mailed in my application to register as a pharmacy tech (the non-exam one, not CPhT) a couple weeks ago. How long is the response time from...

robinsaj in Chicago, Illinois

Updated 13 months ago

pharm tech license - 61 Replies

Is it mandatory to get a pharmacy technician LICENSE before even applying for a pharmacy technician job? And if so, how do you get one? And then what...

Why do Some pay for PT schooling? in Warwick, Rhode Island

Isn't it a waste?

I've been doing some research about this field, and I've come across a lot of discussiona about people talking about taking classes at a local school...

Aashley in Moncks Corner, South Carolina

Bachelor of Science degree in Pharmaceutical Studies??

Is this a good degree? will I be successful?

Laura in Moncks Corner, South Carolina

TRAININGS!!!

does piggly wiggly, cvs, target, walmart, and walgreens train their pharmacy techs? and how long is the hiring process?

CPhT in Frederick, Maryland

Updated 13 months ago

WHERE IS THE BEST PLACE TO WORK? - 7 Replies

I have looked at my local hospitals to see if they are hiring in the pharmacys and they are not. What would you suggest is a good place to work. I...

Steven in Little Elm, Texas

Updated 14 months ago

Pharmacy tech school options? - 1 Reply

Hoping to get some good feedback...I'm thinking of going to Pharm Tech school, the goal is to be a Pharm Tech at a drug store or hospital...I am...

unhappy inschool in Columbus, Ohio

Updated 14 months ago

Hospital VS Mail-Order Pharmacy... - 9 Replies

what pays better? or are they about the same? i started working in an in-patient hospital pharmacy recently and i love it..but hate the hours. i'd...

Joe Medina in Denver, Colorado

Updated 14 months ago

Please help me find a right books to study for pharm tech exams - 1 Reply

I am a college student, has no experience in medical field but wish to be certified as a pharm tech. I started to study calculus I, chemistry I, and...

malick mboumoh in Miami, Florida

Updated 14 months ago

HOSPITAL JOBS FOR PHARMACY TECHNICIANS . why it's so difficult to get ?????? - 2 Replies

My friends I was questioning myself how the hiring process in the hospital works? Why it's hard for technicians to find a job in the hospitals ? I...

prchav210 in Garden Grove, California

pharmacy technician

I am considered a "senior citizen" and I decided to go back to school for Pharmacy Technician..After the program was over, I moved on down south...

emberose in Morganton, North Carolina

Updated 15 months ago

Isn't there ANYONE who likes being a Pharmacy Technician? - 17 Replies

To answer my own quesetion, I do. I got into the field through Wal-Mart in November 2007. Guess what? I had NO EXPERIENCE. None. Nada. Zip....

Michael in Little Elm, Texas

Updated 15 months ago

Pharm Tech Classes. - 1 Reply

Do need to enroll in any fancy or expensive classes to become a pharm tech? How expensive are these classes? Are there any online options for me?

Barbara in Virginia in Winchester, Virginia

Updated 16 months ago

Male Pharmacy Technicians - 57 Replies

I have to vent my feelings to someone so Im choosing this method. Im about to graduate from a Pharmacy Tech class and take my certification test. ...

Rara in Napoli, Italy

Meditec online school Pharmacy Technician realtime review

I'm writing this because I had previously searched high and low for a comprehensive review of the online program they offer for Pharmacy tech...

Phtech Instructor in Mobile, Texas

Updated 17 months ago

Kaiser Outpatient Pharm. Tech. Program - 14 Replies

Hello everyone! I'm a CphT and Registered Tech. here in Northern Cali. Been looking for a job for more than a year and still no luck. I tried Kaiser...

Phtech Instructor in Mobile, Texas

Updated 17 months ago

Pharmacy Tech Info - 3 Replies

Hello everyone. First time poster here and I was hoping some folks would be able to help me better understand the field of pharmacy technicians as I...

Sparkle in Brooklyn, New York

Rite Aid Store Manager

I recently walked away from Rite Aid because of their unethical practices and abusive upper management. I started as a cashier making 7.25 7 years...

reyesor in Boone, North Carolina

I need dire help

I just have a question for someone who is not in a pharmacy school. I go to Appalachian State and I am a freshman. I'm currently interested in...

Durstin in Texarkana, Texas

Updated 18 months ago

Pros/Cons of working in a retail store pharmacy - 1 Reply

Hi, What are the pros/cons of working as a pharmacy tech in a retail store pharmacy? Thanks

Durstin in Texarkana, Texas

EnterpriseRx

Any tips for using Enterprise McKesson?

Longsen

Pharmacy Technician Resume?

Hi, I passed my PTCE about 2 weeks ago & now I want to look for my first job as a Pharmacy Tech. I was just wondering, how would I write my resume?...

jane in Burlington, Iowa

Updated 18 months ago

Foothill College program - 1 Reply

Anyone graduated from this school? I hear that this college pharmacy tech program is excellent and ASHP accredited.

Leticia in Anaheim, California

Cal State Long Beach Continuing Education Certificate

Hi, I was looking at the Cal State Long Beach website and found that they offer a pharmacy tech certificate program through their college of...

D in Brooklyn, New York

Updated 19 months ago

Pham Tech - 2 Replies

So i apply to Pham Tech school, it is a month long, what do i need to know, was told going to given 3 test and i think a cert exam plus there is like...

sareena ann in Lexington, North Carolina

Pharmacy Technician: What is the best study material?

I've just graduated from Brookstone College for Pharm Tech, but had forgotten everything due to just having a baby in November & having to get...

Correa13 in Bronx, New York

Pharmacy Technician Salaries in Ithaca, NY

Hey everyone! I'm a Transfer student at Cornell University in Ithaca, NY and in dire need of a job. Here are my credentials: - CPhT -...

jtC32 in Sacramento, California

Updated 19 months ago

Pharmacy tech VS billing and coding - 1 Reply

I'm currently a medical assistant. I will take the AAMA exam in March 2013. I work part time but I'm earning just a tad above minimum wage. I get at...

jd

Pharmacy Technician/Assistant in WA

Hi, Is there any training/education required for a pharmacy assistant beyond a diploma and registering with the state? What salary do you make...

scooterinnc84 in Lewisville, North Carolina

Can I work as a pharmacy technician without answering phones and dealing with customers in my case?

Probably not, but here is my situation.... I have trouble hearing people when talking to them due to some Auditory Processing Disorder issues, I get...

Longsen

Question about the PTCE and the ExCPT exams

Which one of these exams should I take if I wanted to be certified to work as a Pharmacy Tech in Milwaukee, Wisconsin? Thanks!

Soon2BePharmTech in Conyers, Georgia

Any hints/tips you guys can give? Sending in resume...

Hello, I recently decided to pursue a career as a Pharmacy Technician. I just got back from meeting with the Pharmacy Manager (I guess that was...

Poyo in Washington, District of Columbia

Pay Rate?

Ive been working at CVS for about a year now and Ive recently got 95 cent raise to bring me at a whopping 9.95/hr. I was wondering if that is the...

Jeff in Conyers, Georgia

Misdemeanor offense??

I read somewhere that if someone has a misdemeanor offense in the past 5 years, he or she is not allowed to become a pharmacy tech? Is this true??...

GPerez88 in Webster, Massachusetts

Recieving my license

So I worked for this company that recently closed and laid everyone off, anyways before that they had given me my pharm tech test and I passed and...

a0369ncwm in Oceanside, California

Interviewing with Veterans Affairs (Pharmacy Tech)

Can anyone give me advice on what to expect during an interview with the VA? Thank you so much.

Misswifie in Brooklyn, New York

Updated 21 months ago

Which is better way is better? - 1 Reply

Hey there everyone i'm wondering if getting certified for pharmacist tech. through those 6 month classes is better or the classes where you have to...

Misswifie in Brooklyn, New York

Updated 21 months ago

Hospital Pharmacy Tech - 30 Replies

I worked at 2 different drug stores as a pharmacy tech when I was in my 20's. Even then and in very good shape, it was exhausting standing for 12 hr....

Page: « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.