Pharmacy Technician Jobs Forum

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.

Current Discussions (791) - Start a Discussion

streampaw in Beaverton, Oregon

Updated 30 months ago

salary for pharmacy technician - 2 Replies

what are the top paying countries for pharmacy technician?

Danna in Mercer Island, Washington

percentage/dosage solutions

I am stuck on these 2 problems, and the formulas that I am using I don't believe are working to find the correct answer. Problem #1 You have 4...

Tired of the abuse in Mobile, Alabama

Updated 30 months ago

Rite Aid Pharmacy Tech and what is the deal with breaks? - 8 Replies

I just spent 2 years in college, graduated with my Pharmacy Tech training. Then went in June of and took my boards, passed them. I got hired in at...

streampaw in Beaverton, Oregon

Is rite aid a good place to start out as a pharm tech?

I have never worked as a pharm tech. Is rite aid a good place to start out? Any advice is helpful.

Riddle in San Francisco, California

Updated 30 months ago

Need free online study resources. Taking exam in 3 weeks. - 1 Reply

Hello everyone. I'll be taking the pharmacy tech certification exam in about 3 weeks. I went to the local Books-a-Million and purchased a test prep...

Kimmysaurus in Macungie, Pennsylvania

Updated 30 months ago

Pharmacy Tech at Walmart - 3 Replies

I worked as a Pharmacy Tech in New York State and we did not even need any kind of certification. I could not believe we were able to do the work we...

Joe in Boston, Massachusetts

Updated 31 months ago

Nuclear Pharmacy Technician - 86 Replies

Does anyone know the payscale for this field? I am assuming it pays more since it requires extra training. I have seen pharmacy tech openings for...

kika in Tampa, Florida

Pharmacy tech info Union

this is to basically exchange important info regarding salary, location, pharmacy field etc...For example Nuclear pharm tech make more than retail,...

nes in Marion, North Carolina

Updated 31 months ago

taking the pharmacy exam - 2 Replies

can i just take the exam itself or do i have to take courses first

kendy369 in Dade City, Florida

pharmacy technician online valid in florida to become a pharmacy tech

im taking pen foster online for pharmacy tech. is their diploma in pharmacy tech valid in florida! and how many hours of externship do i have to do?

kendy023 in Dade City, Florida

PHARMACY TECH VALID IN FLORIDA

IM TAKING PENN FOSTER ONLINE FOR PHARMACY TECH IS THE DIPLOMA FROM PEN FOSTER VALID IN FLORIDA? AND HOW MANY HOURS OF EXTERNSHIP DO I NEED TO...

mela619 in San Diego, California

PT License Renewal

Ok i'm embarrassed to even ask this but I haven't worked as a PT since the early 2000's... I am from California and am planning to move to Brooklyn,...

FedUp in Columbus, Ohio

retail vs. long term care vs. hospital

I am currently working in a long term care pharmacy. I am looking for a new experience, and would like to go into a hospital setting. I've heard alot...

mck627 in Portland, Oregon

Updated 31 months ago

Pharmact Tech Hosptal Position interview - 2 Replies

I have an interview at a home health service pharmacy fro long term care. I did do long term care years ago but I'm anxious. Any tips for the...

mck627 in Portland, Oregon

Updated 31 months ago

I have a non drug related misdemeanor charges.. will that keep me from getting my Pharm. Tech. Licenses? - 1 Reply

I have 3 traffic related misdemeanor, all expundged but you have to still tell the Board about them. Will this keep me from getting a license??

jobsearch in San Francisco, California

Updated 31 months ago

Has anyone taken a class in Mission College San Jose Ca for Pharmacy tech if so how, would you recommend it? - 2 Replies

I am looking to take classes in Mission College for the fall semester. Has anyone taken class there before? Please let me know your experiences, is...

Brittney Skipper in Jacksonville, North Carolina

Updated 31 months ago

CPHT JOBS - 2 Replies

I have been licensed and certified as a pharmacy tech for roughly six months now. Done every in and out 2 find a job walk in with resumes selling my...

Paige in Davis, California

Updated 31 months ago

Pharmacy tech school - 24 Replies

I have been looking into Pharmacy Tech school and all I'm finding are 9-11 month courses that cost like 10.000-12.000 dollars. I live in Tampa,fl and...

1Madgirl2 Turner in killeen, Texas

Updated 31 months ago

Pyxis machine - 6 Replies

Hi. I was wondering how long does it take to train to use the pyxis machines?

Nafabdul in Bronx, New York

Updated 31 months ago

Any good pharmacy tech schools in NY? - 1 Reply

While I am in college, I want to have a job so I can make some money and be out on my own. I tried being a CNA and the only thing I liked was knowing...

Ann in Houston, Texas

Pharmacy Shadowing

Hello. I am currently a biology major at the University of Houston. I also volunteer in the Pharmacy center of the Methodist hospital at the Medical...

Markportman in Jasper, Georgia

Finding a Pharmacy Tech job.

Hi. What methods are you guys using as far as job searches and applying goes? Places that I have called have told me to apply online. Should I just...

Tim in Tahlequah, Oklahoma

Updated 32 months ago

What was your on the job training like? - 8 Replies

What state are you in? What on the job training did you have? CVS? Wallgreens? Rite Aid? What year did you get your training? What was it like?...

Anonymous in Big Rapids, Michigan

Updated 32 months ago

Hospital pharmacy Tech pay in chicago suburbs. - 120 Replies

I just got hired as a hospital pharmacy tech. I have no experience. I had to paid the il license out of my own pocket. Starting salary is 12.00 an hr...

Renee in Boise, Idaho

DON'T GO TO PHARMACY TECHNICIAN SCHOOL??? YES AND NO

I just left SC, which requires you to be nationally and state board certified. Only two ways to become state board certified.... 1. CVS or WALGREENS...

Adam01 in Edmonton, Alberta

Pharmacy Tech Exam resources

In Canada, we got PEBC exams started last year, which are very similar to USA exams like PTCB or ExCPT. Since its new to Canada, we don't have any...

My name is ROOKIE PHARM.TECH in Romeoville, Illinois

Experienced techs what advice do you have for brand new rookie pharmacy technicians?

I am a brand new rookie and I was hoping to gain some helpful insight or advice from experienced technicians. I currently only work with one other...

Brand New Pharmacy Technician in Romeoville, Illinois

Updated 32 months ago

Ready to give up - 3 Replies

Hi guys. I am a state licensed pharmacy technician and I cannot find a job to save my life. I have tried temp agencies and retail stores and I never...

pravinpagar in Nasik, India

Updated 32 months ago

PTCB Eligibility Requirements - 1 Reply

Hi - I am new here and I seem to be getting conflicting information from various sources and am hoping someone can assist? I am in the process of...

Jimmy Yang in Davis, California

Updated 32 months ago

Question about Pharmacy Tech - 9 Replies

Hello fellow Pharmacy Tech... I have some question hopefully someone can reply it . So this is my situation I was thinking in enroll in Boston Reed...

Brian in Enterprise, Alabama

Will I be able to find a tech job

I'm thinking about taking the pharmacy tech exam and getting a job as a tech. I'm wondering if I'll be able to get a job as a tech being a 33 year...

youssef in London, United Kingdom

Updated 32 months ago

pharmacy technician evaluation - 15 Replies

Hi, i'm looking a study partner for new pharmacy technician eveluation exam in ontario.. if anyone intrested...

ayl in Duluth, Georgia

Can you take PTCB exam without taking any classes?

I have a good pharmacy book to study on, and I know some people who went to pharmacy tech program schools, and they all say it's a waste of time. I...

oleszka in Brooklyn, New York

Which top 200 drugs should I learn?

There are so many lists of 200 drugs online, a lot of them outdated... and I don't know to which one should I refer... In "The Pharmacy Technician"...

natasha in kansas city, missouri in Omaha, Nebraska

Updated 33 months ago

Certified Technician Test Exam - 42 Replies

To anyone who has already taken this exam by way of computer. It is to my understanding that all questions are presented at ramdom. No two test are...

ssleevo in Escondido, California

Updated 33 months ago

What do I need to do to become a Pharm Tech? - 26 Replies

I'm confused about what I actually need to become a Tech. Certification? License? Do I need to go to one of these schools to become a pharm...

Newpharmtech in Germantown, Maryland

working on cash register in the pharmacy

What are the common customer issues that arise at the time of pick up of medications, that require smart use of the dispensing computer system by...

Newpharmtech in Germantown, Maryland

dispensing computer system

Various pharmacies use different computer systems that handle the dispensing. But what are some common simple or complex scenerios when a pharmacy...

Lorelei in Davis, California

Updated 33 months ago

looking to start a career as a pharmacy tech - 32 Replies

I was wondering if anyone might know of a place that hires technicians who have no experience. I am currently in school to be a pharm tech and I'm...

joemiami1971 in North Tonawanda, New York

Updated 33 months ago

Certified for 7 months, can't find work - 12 Replies

I earned my Pharmacy Technician Certificate in January. During the fall 2009 I took an intensive pharmacy tech course at a local community college....

Piper in Davis, California

Updated 33 months ago

What are the steps to apply for Pharmacy Tech position in Walmart? - 2 Replies

I am wondering if someone could tell me how to submit my application for a Pharmacy Tech position in Walmart. Their Website is somewhat confusing and...

Leah in Madison, Wisconsin

Updated 33 months ago

Pharmacy Tech in MA/NH - 2 Replies

I spoke to someone at a technical school today and the pharmacy tech course is 8 months for 13k. I would not be able to keep my current job and go to...

MikeUSAF in Chatsworth, California

Was going to go to school to be a pharmacy technician

I was going to go to school to become a pharmacy technician and all set to register for a program at a occupational center but found a full time job...

mwater in Moyock, North Carolina

does anyone know how much a pharm tech makes in va?

and if i were to get the books what books would i get. i have seen alot of different books and not sure which ones to get.

Cameron Mithel in Pompano Beach, Florida

Updated 34 months ago

Top 200+ Drugs Online? Other useful Websites to pass the PTCB?! - 1 Reply

Can anyone send me in the right direction to find the CORRECT Top 200+ Drug lists for this year online? I have found websites but some are from 09...

SuperSun in San Diego, California

What is the best way to prepare for a Kaiser Panel Interview ?

I am a new CPhT with 1+ month volunteer experience in a retail setting. After passing Kaiser clinical and typing tests I was invited to the Panel...

mhulstein in Omaha, Nebraska

Pharmacy tech rules from state to state

hey everyone im a pharmacy tech from nebraska where i just paid a 25 dollar fee and was trained on the job. ive been working here for the past 2...

svolt in Kissimmee, Florida

Updated 34 months ago

Working in a Prison? - 40 Replies

Hello everyone. I am thinking about applying to a prison, but want to know more about what it's like. If any of you have worked in one, can you...

Overwhelmed2011 in Oregon City, Oregon

Pharmacy Tech Training in Oregon? NOT a rip off voc school please!!! Thank you!

Hello, Thank you for reading this. Would someone please tell me if there is an affordable PhT program in the Portland metro area (besides PCC)? ...

kevinn in Houston, Texas

Updated 34 months ago

Pharmacy Chain - 4 Replies

I am thinking about being a pharmacy technician. Reading everything in this form one would think being a pharmacy technician is a bad choice because...

Page: « Previous   3  4  5  6  7  8  9  Next »

What's great about where you work? If you could change one thing about your job, what would it be? Got a question? Share the best and worst about what you do and where you work by joining a discussion or starting your own.

RSS Feed Icon Subscribe to this forum as an RSS feed.

» Sign in or create an account to start a discussion.