Boston Reed Pharmcay Tech Class??

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 126)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

techteacher in Escondido, California

56 months ago

It sounds like it all depends on who you get as a teacher. Boston Reed has some really great teachers who actually care about the students. The new program has an all new set of books by a different author(s). I agree, the old book by Moini was full of errors and not relevant subject matter. As a teacher, I too was frustrated by the book and spent countless hours coming up with additional material to help my students. I NEVER just read the powerpoint lectures to students. I supplement the course material with relevant information and PRACTICAL tech knowledge. I come up with ideas to make labs more real life...like YES each student will actually have a calculation to do (each student a different dose but same idea) for the final involving making an IV. We make pretend prescriptions and set up a pharmacy store to practice choosing correct meds and preparing pharmacy labels....we do calculations for compounding and then actually grind tablets and come up with concentrations ...we make IVs learning sterile technique over and over not just once as the basic course allows.... I have been a hospital tech for over 20 years and I do have a degree from a prestigious university....so teaching math, while quite a challenge for some students to learn is a priority for my students. Anyone who needs help on these forums is welcome to contact me. Teachers, that includes you....I can offer hints and suggestions on how to make your class more FUN...first and foremost though is for the teacher to know the material inside and out....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

miszjona in Tracy, California

54 months ago

Im starting to take this course on July 6. and now i have a mixed feelings about this. I really like to a pharmacy tech since when I was in highschool. But I'm just so scared that I wouldnt learn anything. But my friend actually went to this school and she's almost done with her externship and she said this was a good school. Maybe it all depends on the instructor.
And also, is it fine if i dont go to their externship ? because my aunt works in a hospital *pharmacy area* and she said she can help me get an externship there??? please email me @

miszjona@att.blackberry.net

thanks guys

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Alysha in Henderson, Nevada

54 months ago

miszjona in Tracy, California said: Im starting to take this course on July 6. and now i have a mixed feelings about this. I really like to a pharmacy tech since when I was in highschool. But I'm just so scared that I wouldnt learn anything. But my friend actually went to this school and she's almost done with her externship and she said this was a good school. Maybe it all depends on the instructor.
And also, is it fine if i dont go to their externship ? because my aunt works in a hospital *pharmacy area* and she said she can help me get an externship there??? please email me @

thanks guys

I went to Boston Reed and I really liked. I think you are right though about getting a good instructor makes the difference. We had a great teacher, so I felt like I learned a lot and it was worth the money. The only possible complaint I could have is that it took a long time to get placed in an externship. I waited a while for placement then ended up finding one myself. So if you already have a hospital lined up thats even better, the school likes that too,easier for them. The only other thing is that its been hard to find a job, I still haven't found a tech job, every place I have tried wants at least 1 year experience, but again maybe if you have a connection to a job ready for you when you finish, then I would definately go for it. Good Luck!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

darshankehal in Fremont, California

54 months ago

Hi Miszona, Dont scare u can,just go head its very interested, I passed 1st time PTCB NOW LOOKING JOB.Keep it upI graduate from UNITEK FREMONT THAKS. Darshan

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lujan in Vacaville, California

53 months ago

jmt in Fairfield, California said: Is Boston Reeds externship after the 7 month program is over or towards the end with in the 7 months?

Hi. I was just wondering if you had taken any courses with Boston Reed as of yet. I noticed you were in Fairfield, and I was thinking of trying to sign up for either classes in Fairfield or Vacaville. It just seems that everyone's experience varies by location, and you are closest to me. And, if you have taken classes, which class did you take? Thanks.

lujan in Vacaville, California

53 months ago

Anna in Pomona, California said: Oh my goodness, I'm supposed to start this course this Saturday and I'm feeling pretty queasy about it. I wanted to be excited!! Everybody has had varying experiences, but of course the negative ones stand out. Dang it, I wish I had looked at all this a long time ago. Thanks for everyone's feedback :)

I am interested in starting this fall and was wondering what your experience was with this school.

chris wink in Vacaville, California

53 months ago

Bruce in San Francisco, California said: Boston Reed is crap and has bad rep. They pump out techs so fast and their course is not very detailed. My best advice is to look into another occupation. I attended a 7 month program (NOT Boston Reed). My externship was over 4 months ago and I have yet to find a job. Too many techs, not enough jobs for them all.

maybe cause you are a terrible worker, i got hired by the externship tha ttook me right after my 12o hours were up

Che De La Torre in Vallejo, California

53 months ago

Vivian in Torrance, California said: Dear Kimberly,
Can I contact you to ask about the course? my email is vivianvu35@yahoo.com. Thanks.

yes the classroom pretty much is a joke, but you will learn your stuff from the externship. and i was talking to my supervisor and they said if i keep improving i will be hired by them. The key is to learn as much as u can at your externship. He also told me they will hire people who learn quickly, or they refer to other places

53 months ago

MRS.T in Killeen, Texas said: I am currently taking this class through CTC in killeen ,The program has been confusing from day one. I keep hoping that it will get better .I have wonder where they found the teachers who teach this course . I will continue on praying it gets better.

everything u really need to learn will come from the externship

53 months ago

Stephen in San Francisco, California said: Im currently attending boston reed and love it. However keep in mind if it wern't for our teacher it would probably be terrible... He has really opened our mind to how many jobs are out there, not just hospital and retail pharmacy's.

From my short time on this board, I can tell there are a lot of bitter people on this board. Probably a lot people who look on job boards all day, then come here and complain when no one calls them back. Then there are some who truly go out to look and still have no luck... Just remember looking for employment is a full time job.

My wife really got me intrigued in pharmacy.. She did ROP 2 years ago and has been working in a hospital making over $22/hour as a tech. You have to be willing to start at a walmart, wal greens or CVS part time even though the pay could be better, future employers or looking for experience.

Take everything on this board with a grain of salt. Most people expect to pass a class or take a test and expect to make $20/hour.. It would be nice if it worked like that...

i totally agree with u. my experience with boston reed has been great. the classroom is a joke but i had a great teacher too. the externship is where u learn your stuff. Yes working for free sucks but if u prove yourself you will find a job.

53 months ago

reena in Fairfield, California said: well, i am thinking of taking the phamacy tech class at boston reed in sept 09..after reading these posts, you all have me thinking...its kinda scary to see some of you have taken the class and havent gotten anywhere..is it the school, the teaching...or the course of study..does anyone suggest going to a different school, has ANYONE had a good experience with going to boston reed or a good outcome taking this course or any course for that matter...i must say, i do agree with stephen from sanfrancisco about haveing to start at walmart, walgreens, longs etc...to build up experience...although you would think that after graduating from any course, you would automatically start off making descent money...i guess sometimes it just doesnt turnout that way...:0(

i suggest to take the one in vallejo. she will go over the quiz and what to expect on them. yes she will give you some the the questions to study for. and i find an extership within 4 days after i sent in all my documents. and its all about learning what u can during the externship. my pharmacists said they will hire people who do a great job and show they can do all the tasks they are given.

kait in Victoria, Texas

53 months ago

bostn reed sucks i am in the class and havent leard one thing the class is way over boring... and was 3000 dollars!

kait in Victoria, Texas

53 months ago

ok let me explain, you sit in the class for 8 hours a day watching the slide which is basically a copy of the book.. i would love more hands on but sadly boston reed did not send us all the materials we needed, i am not happy with them or even tell someone to take the class. i wish i would of know that you do not need the class to become a pharmacy tech. i think the bestthing to do is just buy some pharmacy books and sutdy them as much as possible!

Liza in Vallejo, California

53 months ago

Che De La Torre in Vallejo, California said: i suggest to take the one in vallejo. she will go over the quiz and what to expect on them. yes she will give you some the the questions to study for. and i find an extership within 4 days after i sent in all my documents. and its all about learning what u can during the externship. my pharmacists said they will hire people who do a great job and show they can do all the tasks they are given.

Hello Che de la torre do you know anything about the Fairfield
location? That is the closest datefor me which isin Sep '10 and te one in vallejo doesn't start until January 2011. Also where did you findyour externship at?

Che De La Torre in Vacaville, California

53 months ago

Liza in Vallejo, California said: Hello Che de la torre do you know anything about the Fairfield
location? That is the closest datefor me which isin Sep '10 and te one in vallejo doesn't start until January 2011. Also where did you findyour externship at?

i dont know about the fairfield location. but i got my externship at cvs. i would perfer a retail externship over a hospital. and yes there is alot of negative feedback on this site. but that what u will get when people still cant find jobs. its every way. but i do agree the classroom is a joke cause there is so much to cover but with so little time the externship is where you will get your experience and just try to impress the hell out of them. If you want i will be gladly to help you thourgh your classroom if you need it. fell free to email me at any time my email addresss is manofthetower@yahoo.com. listen you have nothing to lose but to try this at for your self dont be shy to ask for help i will do the best i can to help.

53 months ago

Liza in Vallejo, California said: Hello Che de la torre do you know anything about the Fairfield

also liza im working with two people at cvs who went to boston reed, and now they are full time workers for cvs. it is true you dont need boston reed to get an externship.you can take your ptce with out it but i had a guy who did that and he failed the exam but after he took boston reed he passed it. you have to understand we are going through difficult times withall jobs out there its not going to be easy to find a job that quick but they fine me an extership within a week. but like i said feel to email me if u have any ?

crystal in Arlington, Texas

53 months ago

I don't know anything about this "Boston Reed" school because, I live in Texas, but I am impressed that they offer externship. The book work is just to help you get ready for the test. I am a pharmacy tech now for Kroger's and I have been for 4 yrs now. I took a course that was 6 weeks and cost 1,000 offered at my community college, and passed the test the first time. I was already a cashier in a pharmacy so i didn't need to find a job. Since I have worked in pharmacy i have noticed that it is harder to get a job with no experience so if this school offers externship than that is great, it gives you the experience to get a job so take full advantage ppl. I have heard of ppl taking the test on their own so it can be done. Don't think this school is a waste of time, i worked in a pharmacy and still only felt comfortable with taking the test after a course. Everyone kept telling me "oh just get the three books and study them then take the test, save yourself the money" hey, i'm glad i didn't listen to them and did what i know i needed to do to pass this test. The class was a life saver for me. The teacher was great and she basically told us what to study and what not to waste too much time on either. The math i know i would have never figured out without her help. I don't know this school but if you are already in it make it work don't cut yourself short. Hope this helps.
crystal

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

M Jackson in Sacramento, California

53 months ago

Vallejo Boston Reed Better for Pharmacy Tech School?

53 months ago

crystal in Arlington, Texas said: I don't know anything about this "Boston Reed" school because, I live in Texas, but I am impressed that they offer externship. The book work is just to help you get ready for the test. I am a pharmacy tech now for Kroger's and I have been for 4 yrs now. I took a course that was 6 weeks and cost 1,000 offered at my community college, and passed the test the first time. I was already a cashier in a pharmacy so i didn't need to find a job. Since I have worked in pharmacy i have noticed that it is harder to get a job with no experience so if this school offers externship than that is great, it gives you the experience to get a job so take full advantage ppl. I have heard of ppl taking the test on their own so it can be done. Don't think this school is a waste of time, i worked in a pharmacy and still only felt comfortable with taking the test after a course. Everyone kept telling me "oh just get the three books and study them then take the test, save yourself the money" hey, i'm glad i didn't listen to them and did what i know i needed to do to pass this test. The class was a life saver for me. The teacher was great and she basically told us what to study and what not to waste too much time on either. The math i know i would have never figured out without her help. I don't know this school but if you are already in it make it work don't cut yourself short. Hope this helps.
crystal

i agree the extership is the best way to learn experience, boston ree finds that for you.. I just think must of these people expect to get a job right away, look its had for anyone to get one right now for them to find you an externship for you for you to now look for one what else could you want. they just thought they would finish the school and the externship and bam would have a job. its just like anywhere else its haard to find work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

crystal in Arlington, Texas

53 months ago

Che De La Torre in Vacaville, California said: i agree the extership is the best way to learn experience, boston ree finds that for you.. I just think must of these people expect to get a job right away, look its had for anyone to get one right now for them to find you an externship for you for you to now look for one what else could you want. they just thought they would finish the school and the externship and bam would have a job. its just like anywhere else its haard to find work.

I suppose you're right about that. I have a job in a pharmacy and they have cut our hours so low it's absurd! I heard the pharmacist saying how they all got raises but, cut the techs hours. And I must say the techs are the ones who do the most, we deserve raises and i'm still waiting for mine...I've been there almost a year in November. If that's not a slap in the face for all the hard work i put in i don't know what is. I wish everyone good luck with the job hunt!

53 months ago

crystal in Arlington, Texas said: I suppose you're right about that. I have a job in a pharmacy and they have cut our hours so low it's absurd! I heard the pharmacist saying how they all got raises but, cut the techs hours. And I must say the techs are the ones who do the most, we deserve raises and i'm still waiting for mine...I've been there almost a year in November. If that's not a slap in the face for all the hard work i put in i don't know what is. I wish everyone good luck with the job hunt!

true crystal (and i love that name) we are doing all the work. they just sit back and get on us when we make a mistake. its not right. and of course im a extern to i get nothing for 8 hours. so why hire a tech for 12 -14 an hour when u can get an extern for free

crystal in Allen, Texas

53 months ago

Che De La Torre in Vallejo, California said: true crystal (and i love that name) we are doing all the work. they just sit back and get on us when we make a mistake. its not right. and of course im a extern to i get nothing for 8 hours. so why hire a tech for 12 -14 an hour when u can get an extern for free

Thanks! Well that would make it tuff if i didn't even get paid to put up with the bull. Hopefully you will only be doing that for a short time.

Sam2010 in Sacramento, California

52 months ago

I LOVED the training i got through Boston Reed! The employees there have always been helpful and even though things take time they always delivered what was promised. Think about it, you pay about $2500 for a 26 week class PLUS 100+ hour externship, you cant beat that even if you attend Heald or Bryman college that charges OVER $25,000! I'm currently working because i was professional in my classroom experience and during my externship, instead of spending my time on websites bashing a company that may not be the source of the problem. good luck to all!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Monica2010 in Sacramento, California

52 months ago

Sam2010 in Sacramento, California said: I LOVED the training i got through Boston Reed! The employees there have always been helpful and even though things take time they always delivered what was promised. Think about it, you pay about $2500 for a 26 week class PLUS 100+ hour externship, you cant beat that even if you attend Heald or Bryman college that charges OVER $25,000! I'm currently working because i was professional in my classroom experience and during my externship, instead of spending my time on websites bashing a company that may not be the source of the problem. good luck to all!

Hi Sam2010....
What course did you take through Boston Reed....where did you find employment after attending Boston Reed. I would appreciate any information you can provide me. Thanks!

52 months ago

hello out there....

Ok going to Pharmacy Tech school @ Boston Reed. Which location is a good one to attend Vacaville, Vallejo or Fairfield! Please let me know....thanks! Any information would be greatly appreciated.

52 months ago

DOes anyone know or attended the Boston Reed College Pharmacy Tech course through Elk Grove Adult Education? COuld you provide me with any details....course starts in January...thank you...any infor would be helpful!

Mark in Norcal in Norcal, California

52 months ago

I finished my course at Boston Reed a couple months ago. The school was "ok". Like the previous poster, our teacher just read from the slides but we had a discussing group at the end of the day and that was where I got most of my "learning". The most important thing from the school was the externship and networking with my fellow students. At my extern site offered me a part time job but I declined as I taking the rest of the year off.

After doing my extern, I don't think I would have gone through the school route. I would have probably just read some books and took the PTCB test. What you don't get out of this is the extern hours. Which in my opinion is important if you're planning to get a job in this saturated market but if you're lucky, you can volunteer at some pharmacy and get it that way.

I chose Boston Reed because they were the cheapest when I was looking. etpl.edd.ca.gov/wiaetplprog.asp

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mark in Norcal in Norcal, California

52 months ago

Here is another heads up. Finding a job is going to be really hard unless you know someone. Example, in my area Boston Reed has 3 schools. My class graduated 15 students. Lets assume the other 2 schools does the same, so that 45 students each 6 moths or 90 a year. How many pharmacy do you think there is in the 3 cities. ANSWER: Not enough to provide 90 students with a good paying job. This was only with Boston Reed. Think about other trades schools pushing out the same numbers of students.

Sorry if this sounds negative, just want you guys to understand what is out there after you graduate. I took the course knowing this. I was getting laid off and haven't been to school for 10yrs. My thinking was that medical is the only job I could think of that they can't send oversea and this course was cheap and fast..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

lola in Burlingame, California

49 months ago

i just finished a class through boston reed as well. we too had a awful teacher. to get a license though you need 'class hours' and that time fulfilled ours. if you go into any type of class, you need to give it your all. my advice is dont expect to be a tech after a 7 month course anywhere, unless you are already working in the health care industry. hospitals require a minimum of 2 yrs experience to hire you. as for cvs, they want certified techs. not sure about walgreens etc. memorize the drugs and what they are indicated for. learne to read a prescription and know basic math and metric conversions. we spent alot of time on things i feel werent necessary at the time,but its all knowledge. the course i took could have easily been a self paced online class. the test were questions from the book,verbatum. get a job in a drug store first to get your feet wet, then look into school.

ppearson in Thorndale, Texas

49 months ago

I recently completed a Boston Reed course. The only redeeming factor was our instructor - he was great. The curiculum and staff in California are a joke. As far as I know, I was the only one in my class that has gotten an externship. I had to raise a lot of hell to get that. Some of my classmates have been told by Boston Reed that it is past the time they are required to find an externship so they have no further obligation. Whose fault is that?? One person in my class went so far as to make a suggestion for an externship placement. Boston Reed did follow up, but they gave the externship to someone from a larger class at the main campus. I was going to school on a grant. I would hate to think I borrowed money to take this mess. My grant also allowed me to take the IV sterile products certification class at NPTA. I am hoping this will increase my chances of finding a job. The pharmacist that I externed with told me that it might take working a couple of jobs part time in the beginning, but it is a good way to get your foot in the door. I do think the market is being flooded. The high schools in Central Texas are starting to offer pharmacy tech training. I have passed my PTCE and am waiting to get my documentation so that I can register with the State Board of Pharmacy. Once I get that I can start my job search in earnest. I am sure it will be after the first of the year.

Jackie in Dana Point, California

46 months ago

reena in Fairfield, California said: well, i am thinking of taking the phamacy tech class at boston reed in sept 09..after reading these posts, you all have me thinking...its kinda scary to see some of you have taken the class and havent gotten anywhere..is it the school, the teaching...or the course of study..does anyone suggest going to a different school, has ANYONE had a good experience with going to boston reed or a good outcome taking this course or any course for that matter...i must say, i do agree with stephen from sanfrancisco about haveing to start at walmart, walgreens, longs etc...to build up experience...although you would think that after graduating from any course, you would automatically start off making descent money...i guess sometimes it just doesnt turnout that way...:0(

Hi,
I am thinking about taking a class that starts in just a few weeks. After reading all of these posts I am not so sure if I wants to pay over 2 gran for nothing. Any suggestions!?...

Thanks,
Jackie

Jackie in Dana Point, California

46 months ago

Hi,
I am thinking about taking a class that starts in just a few weeks. After reading all of these posts I am not so sure if I wants to pay over 2 gran for nothing. Any suggestions!?...

Thanks,
Jackie

ppearson in Thorndale, Texas

46 months ago

I posted a couple of months ago about the problems here in Texas. As of this date, I am the only person out of a class of eight to get my state license. One other person has passed the CPTE. Beware of promises of externships. I think they may do a better job of obtaining externships in California, but they only have one coordinator for the remaining 49 states.

forrst in Westminster, California

46 months ago

hi all,

i keep hearing you all talking about BR...uhm....myself, i took Pennfoster online and self taught myself...lots of modules to read, and fortunately i got hired in one of the retail pharmacy through a referral as Rx Cashier and right now doing some major training...very interesting endeavor, but i enjoy it very much, but not soo much enjoys it when there're cranky customers come in and give me so much hard time about their medications...oh...on top of that, i have such a big...B CPht that always give me hard time about my work cuz she wants me to do her own work...lol...the pay is suckie right now but i just want to learn experience and build up knowledge on all drugs name/generic names of the inventory, so i just have to be patient and perseverance...well, just want to share some of my moment experience as a RxClerk with you all, don't know where would i go from here yet but will try to study and pass the PTCB exam as well...take care :)

Unhappy from beginning in Greeley, Colorado

46 months ago

Incompenent instructor that had NO training in teaching. She had no idea how to treat people that needed more instruction and she often made people cry by her RUDE comments. All she did was read power points from book, and book was full of mistakes. She would make people feel uncomfortable if they asked questons. THE WORST EXPERIENCE OF MY LIFE!! ( this is from someone that was TOP in the class).
Save your money and study on your own.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Bamboo57@sbcglobal.net in Los Angeles, California

46 months ago

I read mostly the bad comments to BOSTON REED. These I agreed. I finished my PHARMA TECH last 2007 and until I'm still looking for job as Pharmacy Tech. It's frustrating, companies asking you one or two years experience or more. The class set-ups are worst. I did my externship through my efforts.

Bree in Willowbrook, Illinois

46 months ago

Shza-

I recommend a shorter course. I took longer course when I was getting certified and it really wasn't worth it for me. I write things to consider when picking a training program in my blog

blog.mkedu.org/bid/57951/Looking-for-a-NEW-CAREER-THINK-THINK-THINK-PLAN-PLAN-PLAN?source=Blog_Email_%5bLooking+for+a+NEW+CA%5d

shza in manteca, California said: Hi, i am deciding whether i should attend a Boston Reed Pharmacy Tech course, which is about a 7 month program, or Enroll in a regular vocational school in town thats been around for a while and the course is about 4 months. I was wondering if anybody has taken the Boston Reed Course or has any knowledge of it; Do you suggest taking the Boston Reed Course? or should i stick with A normal school In town? THanks

sally in Fresno, California

45 months ago

jmt in Fairfield, California said: Is Boston Reeds externship after the 7 month program is over or towards the end with in the 7 months?

it can be towards the end or after the program had ended....just make sure that you do it within a year of starting the pharm tech course, or everything you learned would not have counted.

prettyGURLyana

45 months ago

Hi iM CONSiDERiNG TAKiN THEE PHARAMACy TECH COURSE iN MAy iN EiTHA THEE PiTTSBURG OR BRENTWOOD CAMPUS STiLL UNDECiDED BUT iVE HEARD ALOT OF GOOD &&BADD THiNGS ABOUT THiS COURSE SO iM KiNDA SKEPTiCAL CAN ANyONE GiVE ME MORE iNFORMATiON BOUT THEE COURSE PLEASE THANKS EMAiL ME @ KhyianaS@yahoo.com

HOWLONGISTHEWAIT in Ukiah, California

45 months ago

HOW LONG DOES IT TAKE TO GET YOUR LICENSE FROM STATE OF CALIFORNIA ONCE YOUR MAIL OFF YOUR APPLICATION PACKET TO SACRAMENTO? THE WEB SITE SAYS 60 TO 90 DAYS BUT WHAT HAS BEEN YOUR EXPERIENCE?

Tuyet in Melrose, Massachusetts

44 months ago

Go to bfit they are great

lola in San Mateo, California

44 months ago

Bruce in San Francisco, California said: Boston Reed is crap and has bad rep. They pump out techs so fast and their course is not very detailed. My best advice is to look into another occupation. I attended a 7 month program (NOT Boston Reed). My externship was over 4 months ago and I have yet to find a job. Too many techs, not enough jobs for them all.

best to already be working in a pharmacy while attending school. they wont hire someone new to the field. u r right

lola in San Mateo, California

44 months ago

miszjona in Tracy, California said: Im starting to take this course on July 6. and now i have a mixed feelings about this. I really like to a pharmacy tech since when I was in highschool. But I'm just so scared that I wouldnt learn anything. But my friend actually went to this school and she's almost done with her externship and she said this was a good school. Maybe it all depends on the instructor.

thanks guys

take the class, read gthe books and memorize the drug words and sig abbreviations. its a fun class.

Kellie in Willowbrook, Illinois

44 months ago

Stilllearning- That is great advice. I can't stress the importance of making sure your pharm tech course is accredited! Several local colleges are also beginning to offer professional skills courses like business writing and communication.

A pharm tech course can be a great introduction to becoming a Pharmacist, if that is something you are considering. Check out my blog about the path to finding that perfect healthcare career at blog.mkedu.org/

Kriz in Oakland, California

44 months ago

I'm thinking of going to Boston Reed college in Oakland/San Leandro...Any good or bad experiences there?

valentina in San Jose, California

42 months ago

Hi, can you email me about the having to take an exam at cvs and thenbecoming a pharmacy tech?
romevalered@yahoo.com

MiMi in Oakland, California

42 months ago

I feel you on everything you said! The course i took in Pittsburg Ca is terrible. The instructor is just terrible!Everything was terrible!
Although I passed the course because the instructor passed everyone because he was lazy and knew he didn't teach the course well,didn't want any of students to go complain on him.He knew damn well many of us were not best students and not prepared to enter next step which is externship. I'm in my 2nd week externship at Walgreen and I am in there not remembering anything, I pretty much went in there a complete blank slate.Stay away from Pittsburg Boston Reed unless you just want give away your money and sit through class with a ghetto ass instructor cursing and ranting about his past and how he had a bad day!

Mindy in Concord, California

42 months ago

I'm in CA also and am scheduled to start my class at Contra Costa Medical Career College soon. Has anyone here heard anything about that school?

42 months ago

I thinknall the BR classes are like that. Our teacher was a real piece of work too. she treated us as if we were in high school and was very rude. she never taught us the math either. i worked in a pharmacy already so i had one up on the rest of my class. If I didnt have prior knowledge of working around otc and rx drugs I would've been lost

42 months ago

shza in manteca, California said: Hi, i am deciding whether i should attend a Boston Reed Pharmacy Tech course, which is about a 7 month program, or Enroll in a regular vocational school in town thats been around for a while and the course is about 4 months. I was wondering if anybody has taken the Boston Reed Course or has any knowledge of it; Do you suggest taking the Boston Reed Course? or should i stick with A normal school In town? THanks

no dont

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.