CPHT JOBS

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Licensed&Cert. in Park Forest, Illinois

45 months ago

I have been licensed and certified as a pharmacy tech for roughly six months now. Done every in and out 2 find a job walk in with resumes selling my self, online apps the whole nine yards. My question to anyone is whats goin on with this job market ive seen people get hired with no experience at all and i have taken all the steps landed a few interviews but all they say is experience experience and next thing i know 5 loosies no background at all have landed jobs! Is this a problem with just IL or what? Anyone Know of any Jobs??? Anyone heard of a supposed hiring freeze at Walgreens? Any information is highly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

PrionTheProtein in Sugar Land, Texas

44 months ago

Licensed&Cert. in Park Forest, Illinois said: I have been licensed and certified as a pharmacy tech for roughly six months now. Done every in and out 2 find a job walk in with resumes selling my self, online apps the whole nine yards. My question to anyone is whats goin on with this job market ive seen people get hired with no experience at all and i have taken all the steps landed a few interviews but all they say is experience experience and next thing i know 5 loosies no background at all have landed jobs! Is this a problem with just IL or what? Anyone Know of any Jobs??? Anyone heard of a supposed hiring freeze at Walgreens? Any information is highly appreciated.

I have the same problem in Houston. In metropolitan cities it is hard to get a pharm tech job without having a connection in the pharmacy. Stores put up job openings just for show and hire their relatives. It's extremely difficult for a person with no connections to get the job or even an interview. They will make up any excuse to not hire you if they already have someone they want to "grandfather" in. Big problem here in Texas is that they always prefer a bilingual person because of the large Spanish speaking community. This is a setback in my case because I speak perfect English and didn't take time to learn Spanish just so I could communicate with these group of people who are never going to learn English because the government cuts them slack.
In short, you are not alone in being jobless. It's also not your fault but me typing that is not going to solve your problem. I think you should just keep trying and bug the hell out of the employers by telling them that you NEED this job. If they're not willing to give in to that...well then that's a sad world we live in.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Brittney Skipper in Jacksonville, North Carolina

31 months ago

Licensed&Cert. in Park Forest, Illinois said: I have been licensed and certified as a pharmacy tech for roughly six months now. Done every in and out 2 find a job walk in with resumes selling my self, online apps the whole nine yards. My question to anyone is whats goin on with this job market ive seen people get hired with no experience at all and i have taken all the steps landed a few interviews but all they say is experience experience and next thing i know 5 loosies no background at all have landed jobs! Is this a problem with just IL or what? Anyone Know of any Jobs??? Anyone heard of a supposed hiring freeze at Walgreens? Any information is highly appreciated.

Walgreens stopped processing Tricare so they are losing alot of business here

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.