Can I get certified in Florida with the Pharmacy Technician online training Package?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (6)

DANZ11 in Freeport, Bahamas

39 months ago

IF YOU FIND AN ANSWER , PLEASE LET ME KNOW. I AM SEARCHING TOO.I NEED THIS FOR MY DAUGHTER SO SHE COULD HAVE A BACK UP.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

MooseJoose2593 in Bradenton, Florida

38 months ago

I am fairly certain that the above mentioned training program will indeed make you eligible to become certified. This article that I read tinyurl.com/3qn4gzv states that "the comprehensive package can augment a traditional pharmacy technician curriculum or be used as a stand-alone to fully prepare the student to become certified and/or begin working."

I hope this helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Pinklady386 in Atlanta, Georgia

31 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

buttercup26 in Pisgah Forest, North Carolina

14 months ago

The training package will help you study for the exam but you still have to take a formal triaing course which is approved by the FLBOP. I have been a CPhT for 10 years but never had a formal class b/c it wasn't required when I became certified. I am in NC now and was grandfathered in when the law was passed here. I sent off my registration application last July to be registered in FL but can not get registered until I take the pharmacy tech class. So, I have to take a 12 week class and pay $200 for something I have been doing half my life just to move to FL! It's ridiculous b/c it's a certificate program. Masters degrees don't have to go through this trouble to relocate. How can they require this for a certificate career? But its the law and there's no way around it..I have tried.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Eb1438 in Indianapolis, Indiana

7 months ago

buttercup26 in Pisgah Forest, North Carolina said: The training package will help you study for the exam but you still have to take a formal triaing course which is approved by the FLBOP. I have been a CPhT for 10 years but never had a formal class b/c it wasn't required when I became certified. I am in NC now and was grandfathered in when the law was passed here. I sent off my registration application last July to be registered in FL but can not get registered until I take the pharmacy tech class. So, I have to take a 12 week class and pay $200 for something I have been doing half my life just to move to FL! It's ridiculous b/c it's a certificate program. Masters degrees don't have to go through this trouble to relocate. How can they require this for a certificate career? But its the law and there's no way around it..I have tried.

I am n the same boat. Where did you find a course for 200.00 for just 12 weeks. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

buttercup26 in Jonesboro, Georgia

7 months ago

Eb1438 in Indianapolis, Indiana said: I am n the same boat. Where did you find a course for 200.00 for just 12 weeks. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :-)

The class I was going to take was offered in NC at a community college. However, after looking into it further, I'm not sure it would have been approved in FL afterall. I could not find an online class approved by FL for less than $2500.
I ended up moving to GA.. The registration costs $100..no extra class or money for "training" I've already had.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.