Math question help

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (5)

Chu in Washington, District of Columbia

22 months ago

I need help with this. A cream contains 1.5g of hydrocortisone in 30g of cream. How much hydrocortisone must be added to make the final product contain 10% hydrocortisone?

Thank you so much in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chu in Washington, District of Columbia

22 months ago

Chu in Washington, District of Columbia said: I need help with this. A cream contains 1.5g of hydrocortisone in 30g of cream. How much hydrocortisone must be added to make the final product contain 10% hydrocortisone?

I work it out, but I keep getting the wrong answer, I don't know what I'm doing wrong.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Bluetea in Texas

22 months ago

Chu in Washington, District of Columbia said: I need help with this. A cream contains 1.5g of hydrocortisone in 30g of cream. How much hydrocortisone must be added to make the final product contain 10% hydrocortisone?

You already have 30g of ice cream and 10% of that would be 3 grams? 30 x .10. Right?
You also have 1.5 grams of hydrocortisone so you would need another 1.5 grams to get to 3 grams.

Now a man in a boat is rowing upstream at 10 miles per hour, while the river is flowing downstream at 5 miles per hour. After one hour, what is the guy's name? Show your work. I always liked those. Heh!

Meg in Denison, Iowa

22 months ago

This is textbook example of Allegations. Check this out www.pharmacy-tech-study.com/alligations.html. It was very helpful to me, maybe it will be helpful to you.

Newly Tech in Lodi, California

21 months ago

x g/ 30g = 10 g/ 100g (10% hydrocotisone)
so, x = 3g, we need total 3g of hydrocotisone and 1.5g is already there, so 3g - 1.5g = 1.5g
so we have to add 1.5g of hydrocotisone to get 10% of 30g cream

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.