Nuclear Pharmacy Technician

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 87)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

Chris in Portland, Oregon

85 months ago

Does anyone know the payscale for this field? I am assuming it pays more since it requires extra training. I have seen pharmacy tech openings for nuclear pharmacy, and something called a PET technician. Anybody with info on this???>?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (149) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

T Skowronek in Indianapolis, Indiana

83 months ago

Chris in Portland, Oregon said: Does anyone know the payscale for this field? I am assuming it pays more since it requires extra training. I have seen pharmacy tech openings for nuclear pharmacy, and something called a PET technician. Anybody with info on this???>?

I beleive a PET Tech runs a Positron Emission Tomographer, sorta like a MRI. Not sure what extra training or pay for n Nuke Tech.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lucha lujan in Albuquerque, New Mexico

80 months ago

I am currently enrolled in the pharmacy technician program at pima medical institue and i found out that there are a variety of jobs that i will soon be qualified for but the must intresting was nuclear pharmacy. I more or less know what it is about and i would love to try it but i don't know if i need extra training so if anyone knows what i need to do please let me know it would be highly appreciated thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

80 months ago

The nuclear tech jobs are scarce and you pretty much have to wait until someone dies to get in. The training is on the job but previous tech experience is preffered. This field concerns me due to the radioactive isotopes that you are exposed to everyday. Within a month you will be setting off geiger counters everywhere, peeing flourescent green, and glowing in the dark haha! These radioactive items can alter your dna and potentially cause rapid cell growth (cancer), so you have to ask yourself is the extra couple of bucks an hour really worth it in the long run.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (31) Reply - Report abuse

Tristan in Tyler, Texas

80 months ago

You don't make much more if any. The techs where I work make from $11 to $22, it just depends on how long you have worked there. If you do go into nuclear be prepared to go into work at crazy times. I work from midnight to 8 a.m.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

manoj in Arlington Heights, Illinois

76 months ago

Chris in Portland, Oregon said: Does anyone know the payscale for this field? I am assuming it pays more since it requires extra training. I have seen pharmacy tech openings for nuclear pharmacy, and something called a PET technician. Anybody with info on this???>?

i work in nuclear pharmacy u get a starting around 18.25/hr with 2 years experience and u might end up till $25/hr.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

Keyan Franklin in College Park, Maryland

76 months ago

Chris...Im a Nuc Med Tech, and ive been working for Cardinal Health for 2 years now. The pay is decent, but not if you live in an expensive area (LA, HOUSTON, DC, etc) I cannot legally tell you how much I make, but youre right about not being worth the extra couple of bucks. It actually starts paying only 26K before taxes. The experience is good, and if youre certified, its even better. Sorry, your pee wont glow, sperm cells dont disappear, and you dont glow in the dark...You just really need to be motivated to become and stay a tech, otherwise, youll be looking for a new job soon, because it is tedious at times. Anyone have questions, feel free to email me.

Chris in Portland, Oregon said: The nuclear tech jobs are scarce and you pretty much have to wait until someone dies to get in. The training is on the job but previous tech experience is preffered. This field concerns me due to the radioactive isotopes that you are exposed to everyday. Within a month you will be setting off geiger counters everywhere, peeing flourescent green, and glowing in the dark haha! These radioactive items can alter your dna and potentially cause rapid cell growth (cancer), so you have to ask yourself is the extra couple of bucks an hour really worth it in the long run.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Chris....

26K- 32K

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

I completely agree with you Tristan....Guys, the work schedules are hectic. Wednesday thru Friday, I work 7am-3pm, and the weekends I work Midnight to 10am. Alot of times I have to work Mondays and Tuesdays, and theyre a 2am-10am shift. You start getting sleep deprivation after awhile.

Tristan in Tyler, Texas said: You don't make much more if any. The techs where I work make from $11 to $22, it just depends on how long you have worked there. If you do go into nuclear be prepared to go into work at crazy times. I work from midnight to 8 a.m.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Indeed Admin in Stamford, Connecticut

76 months ago

Hi Everyone, Thanks for joining the Indeed forums! If you're ever wondering about the salary range of any position, do a search using our Salary tool. Just enter the keyword and location to find out the average salary range. Here's a quick search I did for "Pharmacy Technician" in a couple of your areas. http://www.indeed.com/salary?q1=Pharmacy+Technician&l1=Oregon&tm=1 http://www.indeed.com/salary?q1=Pharmacy+Technician&l1=Texas&tm=1 http://www.indeed.com/salary?q1=Pharmacy+Technician&l1=Maryland&tm=1 I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions about it. Indeed Admin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

nat in Chula Vista, California

75 months ago

Keyan Franklin in College Park, Maryland said: Chris...Im a Nuc Med Tech, and ive been working for Cardinal Health for 2 years now. The pay is decent, but not if you live in an expensive area (LA, HOUSTON, DC, etc) I cannot legally tell you how much I make, but youre right about not being worth the extra couple of bucks. It actually starts paying only 26K before taxes. The experience is good, and if youre certified, its even better. Sorry, your pee wont glow, sperm cells dont disappear, and you dont glow in the dark...You just really need to be motivated to become and stay a tech, otherwise, youll be looking for a new job soon, because it is tedious at times. Anyone have questions, feel free to email me.

How do u get into the cardinal health program?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

manoj in Waukesha, Wisconsin

75 months ago

excellent..........thats true.....i work fr ge nuclear pharmacy and its true that its sometimes tideous ,but i feel that this was the job i was lookin for....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

wedi ayte in Asmara, Eritrea

74 months ago

pharmacy is a noble and pious proffession but some where like here it dies. letalone to talk about nuclear pharmacy, you can even describe here what the actual pharmacist work. BUt as far as i am knowlodgable about pharmacy nuclear pharmacy is rewarding but some how dangerous if you dont follow the safety measures. It is little bit busy and tedious but above all it is rewarding.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

wedi ayte in Asmara, Eritrea

74 months ago

pharmacy is a noble and pious proffession but some where like here it dies. letalone to talk about nuclear pharmacy, you cant even describe here what the actual pharmacist work. BUt as far as i am knowlodgable about pharmacy nuclear pharmacy is rewarding but some how dangerous if you dont follow the safety measures. It is little bit busy and tedious but above all it is rewarding.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Fekadu in College Park, Maryland

74 months ago

wedi ayte in Asmara, Eritrea said: pharmacy is a noble and pious proffession but some where like here it dies. letalone to talk about nuclear pharmacy, you cant even describe here what the actual pharmacist work. BUt as far as i am knowlodgable about pharmacy nuclear pharmacy is rewarding but some how dangerous if you dont follow the safety measures. It is little bit busy and tedious but above all it is rewarding.

Wedi ayte...

Is there Nuclear Pharmacy in Eritrea?
How do you know wether " It is little bit busy and tedious but above all it is rewarding"?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jane doe

74 months ago

T Skowronek in Indianapolis, Indiana said: I beleive a PET Tech runs a Positron Emission Tomographer, sorta like a MRI. Not sure what extra training or pay for n Nuke Tech.

Yes, that is correct, but the way that T.Skowronek F (INDIANA) PUTS IT IS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL, AND A PET/SCAN IS USUALLY ORDERED BY A
A DOCTOR THAT SPECIALIZES IN CANCER PATIENTS TO RULE OUT ANY AND ALL AREAS WHERE THE CANCER MAY HAVE SPREAD OR LOCOLIZING THE AREA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

jane doe

74 months ago

lucha lujan in Albuquerque, New Mexico said: I am currently enrolled in the pharmacy technician program at pima medical institue and i found out that there are a variety of jobs that i will soon be qualified for but the must intresting was nuclear pharmacy. I more or less know what it is about and i would love to try it but i don't know if i need extra training so if anyone knows what i need to do please let me know it would be highly appreciated thank you.

LUCHA LUJAN, ALTHOUGH NECLEAR MEDICINE SOUNDS INTERESTING, I WOULD LOOK MORE INTO IT BEFORE JUMPING BECAUSE EVEN IF YOU ARE NOT THE PATIENT GETTING NUCLEAR TREATMENTS, IT WILL AFFECT YOU AS WELL AND NO AMOUNT OF MONEY THAT YOU MAY MAKE WILL REMOVE CANCER CELLS.

BEST OF LUCK.

JANE DOE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mv in Saint Paul, Minnesota

73 months ago

Keyan Franklin in College Park, Maryland said: Chris...Im a Nuc Med Tech, and ive been working for Cardinal Health for 2 years now. The pay is decent, but not if you live in an expensive area (LA, HOUSTON, DC, etc) I cannot legally tell you how much I make, but youre right about not being worth the extra couple of bucks. It actually starts paying only 26K before taxes. The experience is good, and if youre certified, its even better. Sorry, your pee wont glow, sperm cells dont disappear, and you dont glow in the dark...You just really need to be motivated to become and stay a tech, otherwise, youll be looking for a new job soon, because it is tedious at times. Anyone have questions, feel free to email me.

Hi. Just curious about the nuclear pharmacy tech positions. Did you have to get a certain degree to become one? I've been a pharmacy technician for about 4 years now and I'm wondering if I have to go back to school to become a nuclear pharmacy tech. Any advice or ideas on how I can get a job or where do I start? Thanks..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

TimothySkowronek420@msn.com in Indianapolis, Indiana

72 months ago

jane doe said: Yes, that is correct, but the way that T.Skowronek F (INDIANA) PUTS IT IS VERY UNPROFESSIONAL, AND A PET/SCAN IS USUALLY ORDERED BY A
A DOCTOR THAT SPECIALIZES IN CANCER PATIENTS TO RULE OUT ANY AND ALL AREAS WHERE THE CANCER MAY HAVE SPREAD OR LOCOLIZING THE AREA.

How is giving the definition of an acronym unprofessional?! And turn off your caps - it's very inconsiderate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Puga in Houston, Texas

71 months ago

I am really thinking about joining this area in medical school. I was about to start classes on 2/10/09 but i need to know how many jobs are going to be out there once i get out o school. Im just nervous because when i do get out and the jobs are scarce what will i do?

JessicaLyn in Lakeland, Florida

71 months ago

I graduated from a tech school here in central florida for a pharmacy technician position, I am certified and currently looking for a job. There are several other nuclear pharmacies outside of Cardinal Health, and my understanding is that most of the nuclear techs that work for Cardinal Health actually start off as a driver - which I found rather odd - but apparently the company likes to obtain employees from which it already has. Understandable, but ridiculous considering my knowledge of the field and the fact that i'm already certified with IV compounding skills. Usually if you go for a position as a nuclear technician and you do not have training, I know that Cardinal Health provides the training which usually involves travelling out of state for about a week and studying at a University. The nuclear pharmacy here in Winter Haven, FL sends their technicians to Ohio State University for their training. As far as obtaining nuclear training just for the heck of it, I do not believe you can do this, you need to have an employer willing to provide the education to get you the infamous NPT lettering at the end of your name. Hope this helps...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

manoj mathew in Waukesha, Wisconsin

71 months ago

i beleive most companies pay you a more than you get in retail in nuclear pharmacy, its worth if u take that training for 1 week, coz there are lots of stuff in nuclear than retail and hospital ....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

salonkitty in Waukegan, Illinois

71 months ago

I am a nuclear pharmacy technician, I had no idea this was an option until one small chapter was covered in college but I love this job! Radiation is awesome, just don't confuse this with a nuclear tech, that requires a minimum of 2 years and you are injecting patients, I compound radiopharmecuticles. (The pay is not all that fabulous unless you have a B.S.)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

salonkitty in Waukegan, Illinois

71 months ago

also, I am an employee at Cardinal Health as well...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Keyan Franklin in NPS #03 Beltsville, Maryland

71 months ago

salonkitty in Waukegan, Illinois said: also, I am an employee at Cardinal Health as well...

Salonkitty which location are you? Email me at kfranklin50@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

QTCowgirl in Houston, Texas

69 months ago

I just finished pharmacy technician school and am currently looking for a job.. i heard about nuclear pharmacy and am really interested in it.. is it better than working in the hospital.. I did my intern at a hospital in houston texas and really liked it because it kept me on my feet all day and i got a lot of excercise... what do you do as a nuclear pharmacy tech????

Keyan Franklin in Phoenixville, Pennsylvania

69 months ago

QTCowgirl in Houston, Texas said: I just finished pharmacy technician school and am currently looking for a job.. i heard about nuclear pharmacy and am really interested in it.. is it better than working in the hospital.. I did my intern at a hospital in houston texas and really liked it because it kept me on my feet all day and i got a lot of excercise... what do you do as a nuclear pharmacy tech????

I basically draw any doses that the PIC hands me, whether it be FDG from the cyclotron, or regular Tc99m doses throughout the day. The pharmacist does the compunding of all kits, and you are responaible for maintaining a "cold" hood, assisting any pharmacists with other tasks, and any tasks that the pharmacy manager, RSO, or supervisors ask of you. You may have to run "QC" tests at various times of the day, and possibly draw sources for the customers cameras for the following day.

It's really a great job and very demanding and rewarding at the same time. I've been with Cardinal Health for over 2 years, and couldn't imagine working for any other nuclear pharmacy company. I will say that we do have the largest lab in the country and the next biggest ones are in California and in Houston. You should definitely apply for cardinal health, they will be more than happy to train you, especially since you're already a pharmacy tech. If you have any more questions, shoot me an email at kfranklin50@yahoo.com. Good luck! Oh and btw, if you do apply for CH, refer my name from location #03 in MD

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

scooterinnc84 in Lewisville, North Carolina

69 months ago

There's a job offering in my area for Cardinal Health. Are they a good company to work for? I am new to this line of work. The position for Cardinal Health says that all you need is a High School Diploma, so I would think they would give you on the job training without being certified. How dangerous is this job? I am a 24-year-old male college student about to give up on school, and I need a job fast to get out of the house, and I have been studying medical transcription, but I thought about being a pharmacy tech instead, because school stresses me out too much, I was dropped from the program, I need money, and that's why I don't want to go to school for a pharmacy tech. If I get into this, will a nuclear tech position give me experience working at a hospital as a regular pharmacy tech later on down the road. I have 8 years experience as a Veterinary Assistant, so I have dealt with medications in my job. Sorry, for the lengthy question, but I just need a job fast, so any information about this company and line of work will be greatly appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

MariaMartinez1 in Oakland, California

69 months ago

Here is a pay scale chart and comparing medical transcription and medical coding. Hope this would help,

www.medicalcodingcourses.com/compare-career.asp

CNPt in Valrico, Florida

69 months ago

Good question with a lot of wrong answers. If you like working nights, getting paid $2 more per hour, risking exposure, and focusing on a few products, then nuclear pharmacy is for you. PET techs get even higher exposure and make a few dollars more manufacturing F-18 fdg in the middle of the night. Remember that these pharmacies are businesses and only the bottom line is important. If they can get someone cheaper to do the job they will. Also, keep in mind that there is no upward mobility in this position, unless you go to pharmacy school. One last thing; being a Certified Nuclear Pharmacy technician is worthless when you get tired of it and try to get a job at a traditional pharmacy.

julia in Loganville, Georgia

68 months ago

People PLEASE don't pay money for pharmacy technician schools, buy the books and study on your own (3-4 months) and then take the PTCB exam. GEE, why would you throw your money away? after you pass the PTCB exam, start training at a CVS or Walgreens and after a year of experience apply at a hospital for better pay. Nuclear pharmacist not included (you do need extra training)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Timothy Skowronek in Camby, Indiana

68 months ago

If you really want to understand what you are doing to later move into a hospital pharmacy, I would recommend finding a good school. If you find one associated with a hospital, chances are they will have assignments to their hospital (mine had 2 1-month stints at 2 different hospials). Training in a hospital (esp. the IV room) seems more for speed than true understanding, many times being trianed by trainees who were hired off the street and their understanding may be, "Well, that's the way I was shown". You can't learn IV techniques from a book, and if you've been thru a class, you understand and feel more comfortable from the start, you learn better and are trained quicker.

SpecialK in Houston, Texas

68 months ago

QTCowgirl in Houston, Texas said: I just finished pharmacy technician school and am currently looking for a job.. i heard about nuclear pharmacy and am really interested in it.. is it better than working in the hospital.. I did my intern at a hospital in houston texas and really liked it because it kept me on my feet all day and i got a lot of excercise... what do you do as a nuclear pharmacy tech????

Try Cyclotope yet?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

PTtech in North Grafton, Massachusetts

66 months ago

lucha lujan in Albuquerque, New Mexico said: I am currently enrolled in the pharmacy technician program at pima medical institue and i found out that there are a variety of jobs that i will soon be qualified for but the must intresting was nuclear pharmacy. I more or less know what it is about and i would love to try it but i don't know if i need extra training so if anyone knows what i need to do please let me know it would be highly appreciated thank you.

If you are interest in Nuclear Pharmacy Technician training and routes to getting there I would suggest you the following article: " How to get paid more as a nuclear pharmacy technician", URL : bizcovering.com/education-and-training/how-to-get-paid-more-as-a-nuclear-pharmacy-technician/

Hope you find it helpful,best wishes and regards

66 months ago

What is a Nuclear Pharmacy techncian and what do they do?

66 months ago

PTtech in North Grafton, Massachusetts said: What is a Nuclear Pharmacy techncian and what do they do?

If you are interest in Nuclear Pharmacy Technician training and routes to getting there I would suggest you the following article: " How to get paid more as a nuclear pharmacy technician", URL : bizcovering.com/education-and-training/how-to-get-paid-more-as-a-nuclear-pharmacy-technician/

Hope you find it helpful,best wishes and regards

PET Technician in Hilton, New York

66 months ago

If you are considering a position in the manufacture of radiopharmaceuticals (FDG, etc.) and you have a 4-year degree in a scientific field, you should expect to start at around 40k/year. The pay is hourly, so overtime applies. The work is challenging and the schedule can be tough at first (graveyard shift). You will be exposed to ionizing radiation, so there is some health risk over time. You will be required to lift very heavy shielding materials regularly, often at awkward angles. This can be hard on the shoulders and back. The job requires a high degree of integrity, as any dishonesty can have serious consequences. Finally, there is a lot of documentation necessary to ensure safety and reliability of the product.
All this being said, the work is rewarding. You are helping to diagnose disease and save lives. It is a good job with relatively fair pay.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

66 months ago

PET Technician in Hilton, New York said: If you are considering a position in the manufacture of radiopharmaceuticals (FDG, etc.) and you have a 4-year degree in a scientific field, you should expect to start at around 40k/year. The pay is hourly, so overtime applies. The work is challenging and the schedule can be tough at first (graveyard shift). You will be exposed to ionizing radiation, so there is some health risk over time. You will be required to lift very heavy shielding materials regularly, often at awkward angles. This can be hard on the shoulders and back. The job requires a high degree of integrity, as any dishonesty can have serious consequences. Finally, there is a lot of documentation necessary to ensure safety and reliability of the product.
All this being said, the work is rewarding. You are helping to diagnose disease and save lives. It is a good job with relatively fair pay.

For a 4 year degree 40k a year is terrible. I make that and I went to pharm tech school for a year. This field really doesnt seem worth the trouble for a couple extra bucks an hour playing with radioactive isotopes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

rothamam@hotmail.com in Miami, Florida

66 months ago

Chris in Portland, Oregon said: The nuclear tech jobs are scarce and you pretty much have to wait until someone dies to get in. The training is on the job but previous tech experience is preffered. This field concerns me due to the radioactive isotopes that you are exposed to everyday. Within a month you will be setting off geiger counters everywhere, peeing flourescent green, and glowing in the dark haha! These radioactive items can alter your dna and potentially cause rapid cell growth (cancer), so you have to ask yourself is the extra couple of bucks an hour really worth it in the long run.

The only thing true about this whole statement is that nuclear medicine technologist jobs are scarce. The whole thing about setting off survey meters and peeing green is totally bogus. If you're properly handling radioactive materials, you're radiation exposure should be well below the legal occupational limit (5000 mrems). You wear a body and ring badge that estimates your exposure so you're always aware of how much exposure you're receiving and if your radiation safety skills are up to par. I worked with cyclotrons for years, which have way more exposure than a radiopharmacy, and now as a radiation physicist for about 15 years and am completely healthy. In fact, there are studies that show chronic (long term) low levels of radiation exposure has beneficial effects. It's called radiation hormesis.

Sonny in San Diego, California

66 months ago

I'm working at one of the PET site I'm making 50k been here for 1 year

Nuke tech in Tampa, Florida

65 months ago

Indeed Admin in Stamford, Connecticut said: Hi Everyone,

Thanks for joining the Indeed forums!

If you're ever wondering about the salary range of any position, do a search using our Salary tool. Just enter the keyword and location to find out the average salary range.
Here's a quick search I did for "Pharmacy Technician" in a couple of your areas.
www.indeed.com/salary?q1=Pharmacy+Technician&l1=Oregon&tm=1
www.indeed.com/salary?q1=Pharmacy+Technician&l1=Texas&tm=1
www.indeed.com/salary?q1=Pharmacy+Technician&l1=Maryland&tm=1

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions about it.

Indeed Admin

Totally irrelevant information, post should be deleted. Admin should know the difference between a Nuclear pharmacy tech and a regular pharmacy tech

Brian in Augusta, Georgia

65 months ago

Been working for Cardinal Health little over a year, and am about to become a Nuc Med Tech. We are about to get a cyclotron so opportunities are there for upward movement. Also for yall out there dont just set your sights on staying a Tech. If all you want to do is draw doses all day everyday thats fine, but if your like me I want to got as high as I can with this job. Never settle always strive to do and be more.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Megan in Vancouver, Washington

65 months ago

You obviously have no formal education in the field. Good job though with using big words. However, if a tech is setting of a Geiger meter, then they are hot and should probably be fired. Also, the half life is so that a tech, or even a pt. could pass enough isotopes through there pee to even make the toilet hot. No green pee, no studies showing any tech or pt.'s acquiring cancer from a scan or handling doses. Don't go spouting off fancy words just for the fun of it. You really just make yourself look ignorant.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

65 months ago

You might find this article interesting. URL : nepharmacytechcompoundinginstitute.club.officelive.com/class.aspx

The NE compounding Institute

65 months ago

Indeed Admin in Stamford, Connecticut said: Hi Everyone,

Thanks for joining the Indeed forums!

If you're ever wondering about the salary range of any position, do a search using our Salary tool. Just enter the keyword and location to find out the average salary range.
Here's a quick search I did for "Pharmacy Technician" in a couple of your areas.
www.indeed.com/salary?q1=Pharmacy+Technician&l1=Oregon&tm=1
www.indeed.com/salary?q1=Pharmacy+Technician&l1=Texas&tm=1
www.indeed.com/salary?q1=Pharmacy+Technician&l1=Maryland&tm=1

I hope this helps! Please let me know if you have any questions about it.

Indeed Admin

You might find this article interesting. URL : nepharmacytechcompoundinginstitute.club.officelive.com/class.aspx

The NE Compounding Institute

Best regards and best wishes

Marian in Houston, Texas

64 months ago

Tristan in Tyler, Texas said: You don't make much more if any. The techs where I work make from $11 to $22, it just depends on how long you have worked there. If you do go into nuclear be prepared to go into work at crazy times. I work from midnight to 8 a.m.

Tell me more about company website or info for this company and exact location. Does this company use travel agencies for staffing positions and if so, what agency is affiliated with this company.

bpresgrove

64 months ago

Hey all, just finished with the NPT class and passed. Now trying will try for AU class, if I can talk my manager and his boss into it. Will be supervising the PET side of our pharmacy when we get it up and running here in a few months, should be fun. Hope everyone is doing well and work is going great.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Dbrambilla in Alhambra, California

63 months ago

salonkitty in Waukegan, Illinois said: I am a nuclear pharmacy technician, I had no idea this was an option until one small chapter was covered in college but I love this job! Radiation is awesome, just don't confuse this with a nuclear tech, that requires a minimum of 2 years and you are injecting patients, I compound radiopharmecuticles. (The pay is not all that fabulous unless you have a B.S.)

Hi. I figured one would have to get a Bachelor's in order to make good money in this field. I'm curious to know how you became a nuclear pharmacy technician. I myself received a pharmacy technician certification on my own after going through three months of a waste-of-money-and-time pharmacy technician program at Everest College, but the one small section in the study material regarding nuclear pharmacy fascinated me. Do you start out as a pharmacy technician and then get on-the-job training to become a nuclear pharmacy technician? It seems like there are online courses but you already need to be working in a nuclear pharmacy. Some insight would be really appreciated. Thanks!

Brian in Grovetown, Georgia

63 months ago

Hey Dbrambilla, Im a Nuclear Pharm Tech and no you dont have to have a Bachelors degree to do this work. Most places start a person out as a delivery person or the like then move up to the tech spot. There are no online courses it is all provided through the company you work for, some have a national certification while others are certs for that company. I think GE nuclear pharmacy division requires its folks to have a pharmacy technician certification in order to be a nuclear pharm tech, but not sure. The money is ok. If you want to make some serious money in the nuclear field go work at a nuclear power plant or DOE site.

JKD in Dallas, Texas

62 months ago

[QUOTE who=Anyone have questions, feel free to email me.

I have questions. Can I have your email address?

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.