PTCB EXAM RESULTS...along with a question

Comments (901 to 950 of 1132)
Page:  « First « Previous   16  17  18  19  20  21  22  Next »   Last »

Austy1 in Denver, Colorado

54 months ago

Can anyone tell me what books they are studying for the test?

Sunny in Orlando, Florida

54 months ago

Hey all, congrats to you all you've passed the Exam. To those who are on the process, Good Luck!!!

I am so ready to do study Pharmacy Tech but, I don't know which book is really the best to get me prepared for the exam. Please help me at your convenient time.

Thank you,
Sunny

JennyNguyen in Houston, Texas

54 months ago

I've passed pharmacy technician 12 days ago. I would like to pharmacy technician registration but I haven't got my certificate from PTCB yet. I can't complete my application for TSBP(state board of pharmacy) because:

- I don't have my number license and the date it will be expire (I'll be receive my license by the mail in 1-3 weeks after that).

- I have a high school diploma in Viet Nam and I translated it into Enghlish and certified in Viet Nam. Is my high school diploma approved?

- Can I work at pharmacy after I registered for TSBP?

What should I do now? Can you help me! Thank you!

JMias in Phoenix, Arizona

54 months ago

I am PTBC certified, How do I become Arizona State Certified?? HELP!!

hillary mcdaniel in Port Arthur, Texas

53 months ago

David in Houston, Texas said: Just took the computer exam and passed :-). I studied for 5 days using PCTB review 2nd ed. by Johnston ( recommended by the Pearson website). Just know your math and policies and you should do fine. I have the book for sale if you're interested, barely 1 week old :-)

--hi david did you go to pearson view in houston at 8876 Gulf Freeway to take the exam?

deena in Rosemead, California

53 months ago

hi friends
please give me some advise for ptcb exam i will be apperring on in february 2011...please tell in which part i should practice most...please help me out...should i memorize all 200 band and generic?

53 months ago

should i buy the ptcb practice test from ptcp website????

LINDA in Farmington, Michigan

53 months ago

Hi Deena
When I took my first exam, which I failed......the thing that stood out most to me on the exam was conversions and just the everyday workings of a pharmacy and the technicians role. You may want to memorize a few drugs, although they really do try to throw in a few tricky questions. Good luck and hope you do well

amyfur in Milford, Michigan

53 months ago

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share my good fortune with you. I got a temporary job working for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan. After the temporary assignment, there is opportunity to be hired in permanently. I am so excited and just wanted to let you know not to give up and give the temp agencies a try. It is a good way to get some experience.

weeee in West Covina, California

53 months ago

deena in Rosemead, California said: should i buy the ptcb practice test from ptcp website????

probably not. the workbook by perspective press is pretty good and it's priced similarly. they have a lot of questions for each topic, a practice ptcb exam (which was very close to the real thing btw), a practice expct or something exam, and another calculations test.

weeee in West Covina, California

53 months ago

deena in Rosemead, California said: hi friends
please give me some advise for ptcb exam i will be apperring on in february 2011...please tell in which part i should practice most...please help me out...should i memorize all 200 band and generic?

make sure you're VERY comfortable with math and conversions. also learn some of the workplace stuff like DEA form 222 is for ordering schedule 2 drugs, what techs can do/not do, etc. THEN if you have time, tackle the drugs.

tuan in Marietta, Georgia

53 months ago

Haley Swenson in Woodstock, Georgia said: I'm looking around for PTCB practice tests, has anyone tried www.medpreps.com? The sample test looks good, it's computerized and everything, are these the type of questions that are on the test?

hey, i am also in woodstock and i recently passed the ptcb wxam, i wonder wat to do next?

53 months ago

tuan in Marietta, Georgia said: hey, i am also in woodstock and i recently passed the ptcb wxam, i wonder wat to do next?

how was the exam? can u give me some advise coz next month i will appear for the ptcb exam...

hey in Woodstock, Georgia

53 months ago

deena in Rosemead, California said: how was the exam? can u give me some advise coz next month i will appear for the ptcb exam...

To me, the exam is somewhat difficult. There were a lots of drugs to drugs interaction questions ( i guess u just have to know the drugs) . 2/5 of the exam was math so i suggest u to study the math section well. 1/5 was about laws, 1/5 was about phamarcy settings like: wat u suppose to do when this happen ( spill, drugs shortage....) and the rest is about 200 drugs. Study hard and you'll do well.
Good luck.

wee in La Puente, California

53 months ago

deena in Rosemead, California said: how was the exam? can u give me some advise coz next month i will appear for the ptcb exam...

i took mine at san dimas.
approximately
60/90 were math-related
20/90 were stuff regarding the workplace (regulations, terminology, scope of work, etc)
10/90 were drug-specific (brand-generic, interactions, refrigeration, etc)

coparah in Falls Church, Virginia

53 months ago

hey in Woodstock, Georgia said: To me, the exam is somewhat difficult. There were a lots of drugs to drugs interaction questions ( i guess u just have to know the drugs) . 2/5 of the exam was math so i suggest u to study the math section well. 1/5 was about laws, 1/5 was about phamarcy settings like: wat u suppose to do when this happen ( spill, drugs shortage....) and the rest is about 200 drugs. Study hard and you'll do well.
Good luck.

Please let me know the 200 names of drugs being talked about here.
thanks

uchec98@yahoo.com in Falls Church, Virginia

53 months ago

Hanan in Orlando, Florida said: Hi everyone!!!! I've just passed the exam!!!I had a lot of questions about drugs' names, generics and hospital pharmacy rules & regulations. All math questions were really easy to solve. I was preparing for exam but still was too nervous, and honestly thought that I field. But I didn't!!!! Good luck to everyone!
If you have any questions please let me know, I will be happy to help!

Please give me advise on how to prepare for the examination. what is the nature of the questions , are they hard relatively hard, or easy.
thanks

LINDA in Detroit, Michigan

53 months ago

CONGRATS HANON, SOME ACHIEVEMENT. I WISH ALL THE BEST FOR A BRIGHT, PROSPEROUS FUTURE FOR YOU. I FAILED MY EXAM ONCE AND AM GOING TO TAKE IT AGAIN ON JAN 28TH. YOU MUST BE A GENIOUS AND ALL THE OTHERS WHO PASSED FIRST TRY, UP HERE IN MICHIGAN I THINK THEY ARE HOLDING SOMETHING AGAINST US, LOL.

LINDA

hillmcdaniel in Beaumont, Texas

53 months ago

deena in Rosemead, California said: should i buy the ptcb practice test from ptcp website????

you could if you feel like it would help but i purchased the practice exam the first time and nothing from the exam was on the test. it wasnt even close. i failed the first time and took the exam again and purchased another practice exam and nothing from the practice exam was on the test again. I dont know why they sell them if nothing from it will be on the exam. to pass the exam i studied mosbys review it has a cd rom. i really studied the medications and math from this book.
and for the rest of the exam i studied the pharmacy technician mine is third edition from the morton publishing company. the phamacy technician is a green book and it was the one that was given us by my pharmacy technician teacher in school. even though i failed the first time i only studied this green book and i was just 25 points from passing. when i studied the green book i actually typed it out word for word and had my own review and answer worksheets that i created for each chapter. you know just type out word for word and fill in the blank. then i would have an answer sheet for myself. only chapters 5,15,16 3,13,14,7,9,12 is what i typed and studied. he told us that was what would be on the test and he was correct when i went back the same thing was on the test i just needed help with my medication and math that was not mentioned in the pharmacy technician and that is where mosbys review came in. good luck i hope this helps

susan Ghahri in Dallas, Texas

53 months ago

I just studied "Certification Review for Pharmacy Technicians "by Noah Reifman ,R.Ph ./MS .Ark Pharmaceutical Consultants.Eighth Edition.I passed first time. There are some examples in the book,which is very useful,and are also like the PTCB tests.I suggest you to study this book.

53 months ago

wee in La Puente, California said: i took mine at san dimas.
approximately
60/90 were math-related
20/90 were stuff regarding the workplace (regulations, terminology, scope of work, etc)
10/90 were drug-specific (brand-generic, interactions, refrigeration, etc)

can u plz give me any link "STUFF REGARDING WORKPLACE" question practice coz i am studing at home so i dont know how pharmacy runs so plz help me on that...
where i can get the accurate convertion coz different book has differtent number of convertion in some..

susan Ghahri in Dallas, Texas

53 months ago

There are, tests from each chapter,so you have to study all chapters, but it is better for you, focus on the chapters that are easier for you to memorize.In my opinion pharmacy math is easy to learn.

torirobe in Snoqualmie, Washington

53 months ago

Nikki in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: I passed, and it was all because i studied hard and believed in myself. It has nothing to do with the lord.

U will never get nowhere in life with that type of thinking, to believe in onesself is to believe in lord. He dwells in his kingdom and his kingdom dwells in you.

LINDA in Royal Oak, Michigan

53 months ago

Torable, everyone has there own way of beleiving. I think to believe in oneself is of the utmost importance!! If you can't believe that you have the knowledge, the motivation and determination to strive towards your goal, then you will get nowhere. I don't see where religion has to come into play everytime a person accomplishes something. It is important to believe that we did it, that we studied, and we earned it with hard work.
I have my own religious beliefs, but I still give myself the credit for what I have done through hard work, and so should each and every one of us.

wee in Monrovia, California

53 months ago

deena in Rosemead, California said: can u plz give me any link "STUFF REGARDING WORKPLACE" question practice coz i am studing at home so i dont know how pharmacy runs so plz help me on that...
where i can get the accurate convertion coz different book has differtent number of convertion in some..

wow, first my location was west covina, then la puente, and now i'm in monrovia? hahah

doesn't your book cover it? what are you studying off of?
there are questions regarding things like:
regulation, dea forms, public safety, the fill process, flow hoods, bio safety cabinets, clean rooms, working with syringes and needles, compounding, inventory stuff, formularies, etc.

wee in Monrovia, California

53 months ago

i don't have any links...i just have my textbook and workbook thingies.

Hope in Tempe, Arizona

52 months ago

I used the Pharma-Prep practice test for math/calculations review and it really helped me a lot. I definitely recommend it because the math part of the exam is the hardest. pharma-prep.com

EBjr in Miami, Florida

52 months ago

I just took the exam last Jan 21. It's a 90-item test with 110 mins time limit. After the exam the monitor shows you the result if u pass or fail and the receptionist will print that out for you. Luckily I passed it with my first try. :)

52 months ago

Please let me know the component of the exam:
math
Pharm Law
Drugs
which one has the most number of questions. I do not need the details.
thanks

EBjr in Miami, Florida

52 months ago

uchec98@yahoo.com in Falls Church, Virginia said: Please let me know the component of the exam:
math
Pharm Law
Drugs
which one has the most number of questions. I do not need the details.
thanks

math -- know the convertions. it will help. tsp or tbsp to mL, pint to mL etc. i think i had about 30 questions of math
pharm law -- know the basics you have in your book. i had mosby and i just studied the laws in that book. nothing to say its easy, just memorize it
drugs -- memorize the top 200 Rx drugs and its use you're good to go. i did that for a week

Goodluck :)

52 months ago

can you please send me a list of the 200 drugs you memorized?
thanks

aloha in Honolulu, Hawaii

52 months ago

no, you just need practice more on math, schedule II drugs

52 months ago

Sean in Union City, California said: Hi can anyone help me solve these equations. It'll be a great help for me to study the formulas.

1. How many ml of 85% solution are needed to prepare 150ml of 4% solution?

2. How much is paid on an $$1750 invoice if the conditions are 4% net 30 and is paid within 15 days?

1- using formula IV X IS= FV X FS (IV intial volume, IS inital strenght, FV final volume, FS final strenght)
IV = 150x.04/85
IV = 7ml

2- 1750x.04= 70

If paid withing 15 days, you will have discount of $70, the amount you have to pay is 1750-70= 1680.

check with you friend if this is the right answer for you. GOOD LUCK

paul in Antelope, California

52 months ago

weeee in West Covina, California said: probably not. the workbook by perspective press is pretty good and it's priced similarly. they have a lot of questions for each topic, a practice ptcb exam (which was very close to the real thing btw), a practice expct or something exam, and another calculations test.

Gosh, thank you for that input weeee in w. covina. I currently have the perspective press workbook and certification review. Lucky me I guess. I hope to finish the book in time for my exam. I heard the same thing too that it might be the closes to the exam.

Traci in Gloversville, New York

52 months ago

Hello, I am in a pharmacy tech program thats all online and self paced, and I'm preparing for my final, as well as studying for the PTCB. I am struggling with what exactly do I need to study for the exam, and also havn't started studying the drugs and memorizing them. I was told I need to learn the top 200 drugs, but does anyone know exactly which ones? If anyone has any info for me that would be greatly appreciated!

Meera in Tucson, Arizona

52 months ago

Hi Traci,
The study course that you are taking, they should provide you the list of those 200 drugs. What book are you using? The study book also have the list of most used 200 drugs. All chapters are important as in the exam any sort of question is asked. But don't get panic , you will do fine. Concentrate on Maths part too. Conversion, units, and practice previous question papers. That will give you a good idea how real exam would look like!
Take care.
Meera

52 months ago

Deena in North Hollywood, California said: My xm is on 19 feb pls need some advice from those who recently took xm plz and pls If u know where I can get the free maths question for practice.... And if I buy the practice test papar from ptcb will that help me?

Hi Deena, math is the most important in the test. I had 1 question in vitamin B12, some generic names of schedule II, how often to clean laminate hood, tech's responsibilities, law. Math including convertion, algebra, sig, flow rate etc...
I used pharmacy calculations for technicians book (third edition Don A. Ballington) and practiced for the last week before the exam. I think all the book for calculations will teach you the same think. I never use the pratice test from PTCB, just wasting your money. Hope to answer your question.

52 months ago

Deena in North Hollywood, California said: My xm is on 19 feb pls need some advice from those who recently took xm plz and pls If u know where I can get the free maths question for practice.... And if I buy the practice test papar from ptcb will that help me?

Check DEA number of the doctors, math including ratios, proportions, percentages and strength of medication, concentration and dilution, alligation, specific gravity, flow rates, calculation of children's doses, power volume, temperature conversion.

traci in Canastota, New York

52 months ago

What exactly is meant by the DEA numbers for doctors? How exactly am I supposed to study that for the test?

52 months ago

Hi Tracy, this is the way to verify the validity of a Prescriber's DEA number:
The first letter is an A, B, F, or M
The second letter is the first letter of the physician's last name when he/she applied for a DEA number
Add the first, third, and fifth position together
Add the second, fourth, and sixth together. Multiply the sum by two
Add both sum s of the numbers together. The number in the last column farthest from the right should be the same as the seventh digit of the DEA number.

Hi Tracy, I try to give you the example how to calculate the DEA number but the forums does not allow numbers. you can email me at ltk.wilson@hotmail.com if you have any questions. love to help you to pass the test. Mahalo

52 months ago

sheena in Mount Prospect, Illinois said: aloha in Honolulu, Hawaii

hi, i'm using comprehensive review for the pharmacy tech by other "Jahangir Moini" .do u have any idea how this book is work.Is it helpful or not.and where can i get some more math problem to help me for ptcb exam.and pharmacy law and ethic ..

Hi Sheena, I never use that book, so I don't have the answer. I used the book "Mosby's review for Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination second edition". For me, this book is so helpful because I did not go to class like many of you. I learned by myself at home, therefore, I don't have a big huge "Student Loan". I passed the exam at the first try. If you can find any books that include these parts: assisting the pharmacist in serving patients, Maintaining medication and inventory control systems; Participationg in the administration and management of pharmacy practice you will be ok. And again, math is the most important in the exam. If you can solve all the problem in the Pharmacy Calculations book, I think you will be fine.
Good luck.

52 months ago

Hi Sheena,
yes, that book is very helpful. The questions are similar to the exam. I do all the question in the book and from the cd. I also do more math problems from the Pharmacy Calculations book.

Kevin Lee in Antelope, California

52 months ago

I took the PTCB exam a few weeks ago. Guess what. It's the hardest thing I've taken in my whole life close to SAT's back in high school. Yes, they give you a calculator and an erasable whiteboard (it has few erasable plastic sheets so you won't run out of space). There are so many rules, they were so strict. You have to raise your hand to go to the bathroom or even to stand & stretch your body. The 1st hour was nerve racking and was very depressing because it starts out really hard and the questions were tricky. I read the best available review handbook, however I found none of the q's to be on the test. The questions had a lot to do with a certain drug (can't say what it is here), and makes you feel like you should be a practicing tech to answer these questions correctly. The most that stood out were calculations. Lots of difficult and trickly calculations. I can't say that I'm a genius, but I haven't failed any tests in my life and did good on math tests, and even scored the highest in a national exam once. But this freakin test depressed me so much I thought I wasn't gonna pass because I had to guess 20-30% of it. i didn't even get time to finish the math the way I wanted to. I answered all the q's but I wasn't completely satisfied. I hit the "submit" button and walahhh "PASSED". I couldn't believe my eyes. Just as a tip... review your calculations. you should review the top 200 drugs also, there were some of those in there, but not a lot.

Kevin Lee in Antelope, California

52 months ago

Kevin Lee in Antelope, California said: I took the PTCB exam a few weeks ago. Guess what. It's the hardest thing I've taken in my whole life close to SAT's back in high school. Yes, they give you a calculator and an erasable whiteboard (it has few erasable plastic sheets so you won't run out of space). There are so many rules, they were so strict. You have to raise your hand to go to the bathroom or even to stand & stretch your body. The 1st hour was nerve racking and was very depressing because it starts out really hard and the questions were tricky. I read the best available review handbook, however I found none of the q's to be on the test. The questions had a lot to do with a certain drug (can't say what it is here), and makes you feel like you should be a practicing tech to answer these questions correctly. The most that stood out were calculations. Lots of difficult and trickly calculations. I can't say that I'm a genius, but I haven't failed any tests in my life and did good on math tests, and even scored the highest in a national exam once. But this freakin test depressed me so much I thought I wasn't gonna pass because I had to guess 20-30% of it. i didn't even get time to finish the math the way I wanted to. I answered all the q's but I wasn't completely satisfied. I hit the "submit" button and walahhh "PASSED". I couldn't believe my eyes. Just as a tip... review your calculations. you should review the top 200 drugs also, there were some of those in there, but not a lot.

oh I forget they do a semi-search of your body to make sure you don't have any cheats. You can't wear a coat either, they'll make you take it off and put it in your locker.

uchec98@yahoo.com in Washington, District of Columbia

52 months ago

Hi all,
In this forum, I have always read about the 200 drugs.Can anyone post the list of these drugs on this forum as a "pdf" or "word" file.
thanks

52 months ago

uchec98@yahoo.com in Washington, District of Columbia said: Hi all,
In this forum, I have always read about the 200 drugs.Can anyone post the list of these drugs on this forum as a "pdf" or "word" file.
thanks

check you email, if you can't see the list, let me know.

ptcbtooker in Fairfax, Virginia

52 months ago

For any cvs employee taking the ptcb, on learnet there's a list of popular drugs classified by usage and classes. all the drugs questions on my exam came off from there. Pay special attention to restricted drugs too, CII and S.T.E.P. and iPledge ect. I have the pdf files if anyone need.

52 months ago

This thread helped me out a lot when I was taking the PTCB. Here are my contributions:
-I took the sample exam on medprep.com, their questions were indeed very similar to those on the exam, but it costs and the ptcb.org website also offer practice exam w a price. I didn't pay for practice exams and I still passed so save your money unless you're really nervous.
-These are the 2 books I use: The Pharmacy Technician, 2nd Edition its practice book. They're more than qualify to help you out with the exam. Very comprehensive.
-These are the 2 conversions you need to know on the exam 1kg=2.2lb and 1g=15.43 gr. Then the metric system.
-The content of my exams: 90 questions.

52 months ago

Oh, for any procrastinators out there, I study less than 2 days before the exam but I also worked in pharmacy for almost a year. So don't worry too much and don't spend money on tons of books, classes or practice exams.

Futuretech in Groves, Texas

51 months ago

Ptcbtooker,what's your email?Can u share the PDF file from learnet for the drug onfo?Thanks.

Page:  « First « Previous   16  17  18  19  20  21  22  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.