PTCB EXAM RESULTS...along with a question

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (901 to 950 of 1182)
Page:  « First « Previous   16  17  18  19  20  21  22  Next »   Last »

nicole in Tijuana, Mexico

49 months ago

What are all the exams you need to take?
Do I need continuing education?
Would Pennfoster work?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Meera in Tucson, Arizona

49 months ago

It is like remaining upto date with the Pharmacy Tech. knowledge. You will get more information on PTCB.org website about what you need to do once you pass the exam.

Faye in Houston, Texas

49 months ago

About a week ago I moved to Houston, Texas. I am studying for the PTCB exam, but I am really nervous. Anyone in Houston, Texas know of a prep course I can take here?

lizbeth28 in Houston, Texas

49 months ago

well I am studing at home and is pharmacy technician certification quick study guide course edition 3 but for me is hard i took the exam last year and i did not pass the exam and for me was very hard but i am trying to study again

Faye in Houston, Texas

49 months ago

Well I went to Everest College in washington state for a year, but i lived in NY for also a year and forgot everything i learned. so im trying to relearn everything! it's hard!. I only remember half of the drug list and I remember only a little bit of the math. So I want to be sure I am ready for this darn thing! We should take it on the same day hehe..

Raagini in Norristown, Pennsylvania

49 months ago

Faye in Houston, Texas said: Well I went to Everest College in washington state for a year, but i lived in NY for also a year and forgot everything i learned. so im trying to relearn everything! it's hard!. I only remember half of the drug list and I remember only a little bit of the math. So I want to be sure I am ready for this darn thing! We should take it on the same day hehe..

guys.try ptechsuccess@yahoo.com I am sure, you would pass through.

RCC student in Grants Pass, Oregon

49 months ago

Hi everyone. I took my exam, last week and I passed easy,but It wasn't the PCTB exam.In my state, Pharmacy technicians have the option on taking two exams, both are recognized but the (PCTB) Whoever is struggling with PCTB exam, find out if there are other options on your State. www.ExCPT.com. a lot easier than PCTB exam, cheaper and you find out right away. you get a letter stating you passed or failed. I don't know, why I did't find out about this exam a lot sooner. A lot better, this exam is based on retail knowledge than Hospital setting Pharmacy.

coparah in Bronx, New York

49 months ago

is the ptcb exam more of Maths or pharmacology

RCC student

49 months ago

Is more about hospital setting pharmacy.

Rajforu in Metropark, New Jersey

49 months ago

coparah in Bronx, New York said: is the ptcb exam more of Maths or pharmacology

If you are in NY,ask for ptechsuccess@yahoo.com He will give you perfect guidance for exam and you will pass exam within a month.I have an experience.Try it.

David in Houston, Texas

48 months ago

Faye in Houston, Texas said: Well I went to Everest College in washington state for a year, but i lived in NY for also a year and forgot everything i learned. so im trying to relearn everything! it's hard!. I only remember half of the drug list and I remember only a little bit of the math. So I want to be sure I am ready for this darn thing! We should take it on the same day hehe..

Just took the computer exam and passed :-). I studied for 5 days using PCTB review 2nd ed. by Johnston ( recommended by the Pearson website). Just know your math and policies and you should do fine. I have the book for sale if you're interested, barely 1 week old :-)

Faye in Houston, Texas

48 months ago

David in Houston, Texas said: Just took the computer exam and passed :-). I studied for 5 days using PCTB review 2nd ed. by Johnston ( recommended by the Pearson website). Just know your math and policies and you should do fine. I have the book for sale if you're interested, barely 1 week old :-)

Good Job!! I wish I can pass mine too in December! Im just reading over the generics/brand names/classes. Next week I will go over the math and the week after I will go over the law. Hopefully in Dec. I just want to make sure I am ready. I heard this was harder than the Excpt. :) Thanks for the offer on the book, but I have one :)

David in Houston, Texas

48 months ago

Thanks. Looks like you havea good game plan, so I'm sure you'll do fine. Take a jacket to the testing center, the AC was on full blast today even though we were in the 60's. Also, they're very strict. They made me turn my pockets inside-out and spit out my gum!!!!

CRICKET

48 months ago

DAVID IN HOUSTON I WOULD LIKE TO BUY THE BOOK FROM YOU E-MAIL ME AT TAIT1217@AOL.COM

Austy1

48 months ago

I need to know the most up to date book to get to study so I can take the test in January. Can anyone help please..

David in Houston, Texas

48 months ago

CRICKET said: DAVID IN HOUSTON I WOULD LIKE TO BUY THE BOOK FROM YOU E-MAIL ME AT TAIT1217@AOL.COM

Just shot you an email, let me know if you have reieved it. Thanks...

tezzie in Long Beach, California

48 months ago

Hi! is anybody here know if we don't take any pharmacy tech class, can we still take the PTCB exam??? and If we pass, will they consider as a certified pharm tech? thank!

Alan in Hudsonville, Michigan

48 months ago

tezzie in Long Beach, California said: Hi! is anybody here know if we don't take any pharmacy tech class, can we still take the PTCB exam??? and If we pass, will they consider as a certified pharm tech? thank!

Yep you sure can. Its 129 bucks to take the PTCE if you pass your a CphT.

I took a 6month program at a local college took the PTCE twice already and failed both times. I just took it the second time 11/20 pisses me off so much. And there isn't one area I got stuck with I had 30 minutes left when I finally finished I thought this was way easier than my first exam still fail I am going to give up if I don't pass it next time. Good luck tez

Meera in Tucson, Arizona

48 months ago

Dear Alan,
I am so sorry for you. It is really hurtful when we study so hard and pay such a heavy fees just to appear at the exam and we don't succeed.
Wish you good luck for next time. Do let me know if you need to practice and we can practice together over gmail or skype.
meebakshi@gmail.com

tezzie in Long Beach, California

48 months ago

Alan in Hudsonville, Michigan said: Yep you sure can. Its 129 bucks to take the PTCE if you pass your a CphT.

I took a 6month program at a local college took the PTCE twice already and failed both times. I just took it the second time 11/20 pisses me off so much. And there isn't one area I got stuck with I had 30 minutes left when I finally finished I thought this was way easier than my first exam still fail I am going to give up if I don't pass it next time. Good luck tez

thank alot for the reaspond!!! tell ya the truth, I just pass the PTCB test this Thursday without going to class! and I got no idea what to do next! any suggestion???
after the test, I was given a print out with a bunch of number like candidate ID, Validation numb, Registration numb... Can we use those numb to check status online???
by the way... wishing u luck for yr next trial!!

48 months ago

Meera in Tucson, Arizona said: Dear Alan,
I am so sorry for you. It is really hurtful when we study so hard and pay such a heavy fees just to appear at the exam and we don't succeed.
Wish you good luck for next time. Do let me know if you need to practice and we can practice together over gmail or skype.
meebakshi@gmail.com

Thanks Meera. I don't know what to say. It is very pricey I don't know what to do just to pass this exam. All I need to do is pass so I can just do CE the rest of my life. Do you know if I will be able to take it again in two months or do I wait 6months I took it only two times so far.( Whats the likelihood of passing this thing I hate taking it and twice is to many times when everyone else passes it on there first try. How the heck is everyone passing it on there first try?

Proteinpulver in Copenhagen, Denmark

48 months ago

I know it is boring, but you need to study at least 200 drugs -- brand names and generic names.. I am studying the same right now...
www.sublimsport.com is a great site to find information for any drug name in question.

LINDA in Southfield, Michigan

48 months ago

my suggestion is to get a job, you were fortunate to pass the exam, alot of us are struggling and this is our passion. You don't strike me as the person to have wanted to go into the pharmacy setting. Congrats on your certification, but I sure would know what I would do if and when I pass, I intend to become part of the pharmacy work force, and I'll be grateful when I do

LINDA in Southfield, Michigan

48 months ago

Alan, hang in there buddy, third time will be the charm. You have the passion for it, it will come. Take time, I know how it feels, and I'm sorry this last time didnt go well.
In the same boat my friend. Just hang in there

48 months ago

LINDA in Southfield, Michigan said: Alan, hang in there buddy, third time will be the charm. You have the passion for it, it will come. Take time, I know how it feels, and I'm sorry this last time didnt go well.
In the same boat my friend. Just hang in there

Thank you Linda. Third time yea I really really hope so. Can't brag thats for sure doesn't matter if I went to school and did all that because you still need to be able to pass the exam which is challenging me right now one two many times. If you really want to pass it, it takes a lot of dedication and preparation that is just overwhelming me. Whether I get a certificate or not I still will keep a job just won't get raises like the certified techs. Thats the only down side to all this headache

Nice hearing from you linda how did your 2nd try go? Did you take it Nov. 18 I think it was? Correct me if I am wrong. Hope your doing good! Take care, talk to you soon.

Haley Swenson in Woodstock, Georgia

48 months ago

I'm looking around for PTCB practice tests, has anyone tried www.medpreps.com? The sample test looks good, it's computerized and everything, are these the type of questions that are on the test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Haley Swenson in Woodstock, Georgia

48 months ago

Has anyone tried www.medpreps.com for PTCB practice tests? I'm thinking about signing up, are these the types of questions that will be on the real test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Austy1 in Denver, Colorado

48 months ago

Can anyone tell me what books they are studying for the test?

Sunny in Orlando, Florida

48 months ago

Hey all, congrats to you all you've passed the Exam. To those who are on the process, Good Luck!!!

I am so ready to do study Pharmacy Tech but, I don't know which book is really the best to get me prepared for the exam. Please help me at your convenient time.

Thank you,
Sunny

JennyNguyen in Houston, Texas

48 months ago

I've passed pharmacy technician 12 days ago. I would like to pharmacy technician registration but I haven't got my certificate from PTCB yet. I can't complete my application for TSBP(state board of pharmacy) because:

- I don't have my number license and the date it will be expire (I'll be receive my license by the mail in 1-3 weeks after that).

- I have a high school diploma in Viet Nam and I translated it into Enghlish and certified in Viet Nam. Is my high school diploma approved?

- Can I work at pharmacy after I registered for TSBP?

What should I do now? Can you help me! Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

JMias in Phoenix, Arizona

47 months ago

I am PTBC certified, How do I become Arizona State Certified?? HELP!!

hillary mcdaniel in Port Arthur, Texas

47 months ago

David in Houston, Texas said: Just took the computer exam and passed :-). I studied for 5 days using PCTB review 2nd ed. by Johnston ( recommended by the Pearson website). Just know your math and policies and you should do fine. I have the book for sale if you're interested, barely 1 week old :-)

--hi david did you go to pearson view in houston at 8876 Gulf Freeway to take the exam?

deena in Rosemead, California

47 months ago

hi friends
please give me some advise for ptcb exam i will be apperring on in february 2011...please tell in which part i should practice most...please help me out...should i memorize all 200 band and generic?

47 months ago

should i buy the ptcb practice test from ptcp website????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LINDA in Farmington, Michigan

47 months ago

Hi Deena
When I took my first exam, which I failed......the thing that stood out most to me on the exam was conversions and just the everyday workings of a pharmacy and the technicians role. You may want to memorize a few drugs, although they really do try to throw in a few tricky questions. Good luck and hope you do well

amyfur in Milford, Michigan

47 months ago

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to share my good fortune with you. I got a temporary job working for Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan. After the temporary assignment, there is opportunity to be hired in permanently. I am so excited and just wanted to let you know not to give up and give the temp agencies a try. It is a good way to get some experience.

weeee in West Covina, California

47 months ago

deena in Rosemead, California said: should i buy the ptcb practice test from ptcp website????

probably not. the workbook by perspective press is pretty good and it's priced similarly. they have a lot of questions for each topic, a practice ptcb exam (which was very close to the real thing btw), a practice expct or something exam, and another calculations test.

weeee in West Covina, California

47 months ago

deena in Rosemead, California said: hi friends
please give me some advise for ptcb exam i will be apperring on in february 2011...please tell in which part i should practice most...please help me out...should i memorize all 200 band and generic?

make sure you're VERY comfortable with math and conversions. also learn some of the workplace stuff like DEA form 222 is for ordering schedule 2 drugs, what techs can do/not do, etc. THEN if you have time, tackle the drugs.

tuan in Marietta, Georgia

47 months ago

Haley Swenson in Woodstock, Georgia said: I'm looking around for PTCB practice tests, has anyone tried www.medpreps.com? The sample test looks good, it's computerized and everything, are these the type of questions that are on the test?

hey, i am also in woodstock and i recently passed the ptcb wxam, i wonder wat to do next?

47 months ago

tuan in Marietta, Georgia said: hey, i am also in woodstock and i recently passed the ptcb wxam, i wonder wat to do next?

how was the exam? can u give me some advise coz next month i will appear for the ptcb exam...

hey in Woodstock, Georgia

47 months ago

deena in Rosemead, California said: how was the exam? can u give me some advise coz next month i will appear for the ptcb exam...

To me, the exam is somewhat difficult. There were a lots of drugs to drugs interaction questions ( i guess u just have to know the drugs) . 2/5 of the exam was math so i suggest u to study the math section well. 1/5 was about laws, 1/5 was about phamarcy settings like: wat u suppose to do when this happen ( spill, drugs shortage....) and the rest is about 200 drugs. Study hard and you'll do well.
Good luck.

wee in La Puente, California

47 months ago

deena in Rosemead, California said: how was the exam? can u give me some advise coz next month i will appear for the ptcb exam...

i took mine at san dimas.
approximately
60/90 were math-related
20/90 were stuff regarding the workplace (regulations, terminology, scope of work, etc)
10/90 were drug-specific (brand-generic, interactions, refrigeration, etc)

coparah in Falls Church, Virginia

47 months ago

hey in Woodstock, Georgia said: To me, the exam is somewhat difficult. There were a lots of drugs to drugs interaction questions ( i guess u just have to know the drugs) . 2/5 of the exam was math so i suggest u to study the math section well. 1/5 was about laws, 1/5 was about phamarcy settings like: wat u suppose to do when this happen ( spill, drugs shortage....) and the rest is about 200 drugs. Study hard and you'll do well.
Good luck.

Please let me know the 200 names of drugs being talked about here.
thanks

uchec98@yahoo.com in Falls Church, Virginia

47 months ago

Hanan in Orlando, Florida said: Hi everyone!!!! I've just passed the exam!!!I had a lot of questions about drugs' names, generics and hospital pharmacy rules & regulations. All math questions were really easy to solve. I was preparing for exam but still was too nervous, and honestly thought that I field. But I didn't!!!! Good luck to everyone!
If you have any questions please let me know, I will be happy to help!

Please give me advise on how to prepare for the examination. what is the nature of the questions , are they hard relatively hard, or easy.
thanks

LINDA in Detroit, Michigan

47 months ago

CONGRATS HANON, SOME ACHIEVEMENT. I WISH ALL THE BEST FOR A BRIGHT, PROSPEROUS FUTURE FOR YOU. I FAILED MY EXAM ONCE AND AM GOING TO TAKE IT AGAIN ON JAN 28TH. YOU MUST BE A GENIOUS AND ALL THE OTHERS WHO PASSED FIRST TRY, UP HERE IN MICHIGAN I THINK THEY ARE HOLDING SOMETHING AGAINST US, LOL.

LINDA

hillmcdaniel in Beaumont, Texas

47 months ago

deena in Rosemead, California said: should i buy the ptcb practice test from ptcp website????

you could if you feel like it would help but i purchased the practice exam the first time and nothing from the exam was on the test. it wasnt even close. i failed the first time and took the exam again and purchased another practice exam and nothing from the practice exam was on the test again. I dont know why they sell them if nothing from it will be on the exam. to pass the exam i studied mosbys review it has a cd rom. i really studied the medications and math from this book.
and for the rest of the exam i studied the pharmacy technician mine is third edition from the morton publishing company. the phamacy technician is a green book and it was the one that was given us by my pharmacy technician teacher in school. even though i failed the first time i only studied this green book and i was just 25 points from passing. when i studied the green book i actually typed it out word for word and had my own review and answer worksheets that i created for each chapter. you know just type out word for word and fill in the blank. then i would have an answer sheet for myself. only chapters 5,15,16 3,13,14,7,9,12 is what i typed and studied. he told us that was what would be on the test and he was correct when i went back the same thing was on the test i just needed help with my medication and math that was not mentioned in the pharmacy technician and that is where mosbys review came in. good luck i hope this helps

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

susan Ghahri in Dallas, Texas

47 months ago

I just studied "Certification Review for Pharmacy Technicians "by Noah Reifman ,R.Ph ./MS .Ark Pharmaceutical Consultants.Eighth Edition.I passed first time. There are some examples in the book,which is very useful,and are also like the PTCB tests.I suggest you to study this book.

47 months ago

wee in La Puente, California said: i took mine at san dimas.
approximately
60/90 were math-related
20/90 were stuff regarding the workplace (regulations, terminology, scope of work, etc)
10/90 were drug-specific (brand-generic, interactions, refrigeration, etc)

can u plz give me any link "STUFF REGARDING WORKPLACE" question practice coz i am studing at home so i dont know how pharmacy runs so plz help me on that...
where i can get the accurate convertion coz different book has differtent number of convertion in some..

susan Ghahri in Dallas, Texas

47 months ago

There are, tests from each chapter,so you have to study all chapters, but it is better for you, focus on the chapters that are easier for you to memorize.In my opinion pharmacy math is easy to learn.

torirobe in Snoqualmie, Washington

46 months ago

Nikki in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: I passed, and it was all because i studied hard and believed in myself. It has nothing to do with the lord.

U will never get nowhere in life with that type of thinking, to believe in onesself is to believe in lord. He dwells in his kingdom and his kingdom dwells in you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Page:  « First « Previous   16  17  18  19  20  21  22  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.