Pharmacy Technology at Las Positas College

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (8)

symempathy in Hayward, California

46 months ago

Las Positas College currently opens the pharmacy technology program in this Spring. Is there anyone taking the program? Although this program is under Community Education (not an academic program), I feel like I can trust it because it's taught in a community college setting. I want to enroll this program next year, but I want to hear some experience from you guys.

I hope I can finish the program in Las Positas because it's closer to my location plus I don't have to pay toll to get there. Skyline College is close to my location too, but I have to pay toll fee. Foothill College is too far.

Other than these schools, I don't trust Everest or Carrington. The tuition is too expensive, and they are private schools.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

mynhii in Oakland, California

37 months ago

I am the next cohort for 2012 program. I hope I will do well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jess in Livermore, California

33 months ago

symempathy in Hayward, California said: Las Positas College currently opens the pharmacy technology program in this Spring. Is there anyone taking the program? Although this program is under Community Education (not an academic program), I feel like I can trust it because it's taught in a community college setting. I want to enroll this program next year, but I want to hear some experience from you guys.

I hope I can finish the program in Las Positas because it's closer to my location plus I don't have to pay toll to get there. Skyline College is close to my location too, but I have to pay toll fee. Foothill College is too far.

Other than these schools, I don't trust Everest or Carrington. The tuition is too expensive, and they are private schools.

I am currently enrolled in the program and it is the most unorganized program i have ever been in. Dont waste your money on it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

pisceskhm in Oakland, California

33 months ago

jess in Livermore, California said: I am currently enrolled in the program and it is the most unorganized program i have ever been in. Dont waste your money on it.

You're right. It is unorganized.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

john in San Francisco, California

31 months ago

symempathy in Hayward, California said: Las Positas College currently opens the pharmacy technology program in this Spring. Is there anyone taking the program? Although this program is under Community Education (not an academic program), I feel like I can trust it because it's taught in a community college setting. I want to enroll this program next year, but I want to hear some experience from you guys.

I hope I can finish the program in Las Positas because it's closer to my location plus I don't have to pay toll to get there. Skyline College is close to my location too, but I have to pay toll fee. Foothill College is too far.

Other than these schools, I don't trust Everest or Carrington. The tuition is too expensive, and they are private schools.

I'm currently in the program and I don't recommend it to anyone.. In all my years of college I had never had such an unorganized class and haven't had such unprofessional staff members. This class is a waste of money, time, and is just a pain.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

pisces in Oakland, California

31 months ago

john in San Francisco, California said: I'm currently in the program and I don't recommend it to anyone.. In all my years of college I had never had such an unorganized class and haven't had such unprofessional staff members. This class is a waste of money, time, and is just a pain.

What about externship. Does the program guarantee you one?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

fdasfasd in SF, California

27 months ago

No, the program doesn't guarantee an externship. A good amount of the class had to find their own externships, because the externship coordinator was incompetent. It's very difficult to find your own externship seeing as most places want to speak to someone at your school and not directly with the student. A teacher who owns a community pharmacy had to take in some students just for the sake of people completing their externships.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

LavenderLaugh in Castro Valley, California

11 months ago

john in San Francisco, California said: I'm currently in the program and I don't recommend it to anyone.. In all my years of college I had never had such an unorganized class and haven't had such unprofessional staff members. This class is a waste of money, time, and is just a pain.

Other than being disorganized, was the program good? Did it teach you to where you were able to pass the licensing exam and are you employed?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.