Taking the pharm tech test

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (801 to 835 of 835)
Page:  « First « Previous   14  15  16  17   

Renee, CPhT in Meridian, Idaho

28 months ago

Hi, I used these sites to help me..one is free and the other you have to pay for...I passed the PTCB Just study two weeks. Good Luck

Website

Free....www.pharmacy-tech-study.com/dea-controlled-drugs.html

and a very inexpensive one....www.quicktestprep.com/
he gives discounts for students, military, etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

RachelG in Los Angeles, California

28 months ago

I need help with a quick question, and I think I have come to the right place with many knowledgable pharmacy people.

A few months ago, I took the PTCB and passed (no classes, just on my own). I worked in a retail pharmacy and they accepted it. Now I am in the process of getting hired at a hospital, but they say I have to be licensed with the CA state board of pharmacy. I am in the process of approval, but wanted to know if I can work in a hospital setting without it?? Also, is there any way to expedite the waiting process because it says it takes 2-3 months?! AHHH. I don't know how long this potential employer will wait for me :(

woodszie in Old Bridge, New Jersey

27 months ago

tony in West Covina, California said: Hi there! can any one give me some advise, i am so confuse , i don't know anything about pharmacy and would like to take the Pharmacy Tech exam, should I attend to the school(cost about $15000) or should I take it online for the cost of $900, what are the difference from those 2? please help.....................

I paid over 25k online which included everything! If your paying $900 expect there to be ALLOT of hidden costs!

Ph Instructor

27 months ago

you can check wwwdotpharmacytechreviewdotcom for more info.

JP in Phoenix, Arizona

27 months ago

woodszie in Old Bridge, New Jersey said: I paid over 25k online which included everything! If your paying $900 expect there to be ALLOT of hidden costs!

Check out www.crimsoninstitute.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

woodszie in Old Bridge, New Jersey

27 months ago

Ultimate medical academy!

brenda in Hackettstown, New Jersey

26 months ago

decieving gecko in clearwater, Florida said: hi i had a question if u are certified through cvs or walgreens is that the same test as the cpht? somone told me it was only good for cvs and not a national wide thing.

If you took a test that was admistered by walgreens or cvs or any other retail pharamacy and you did not go through person vue and pay $129.00 then no you are not a certified pharmacy tech sorry. But if I were you I would check with the certification board in your area to make sure.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

brenda in Hackettstown, New Jersey

26 months ago

woodszie in Old Bridge, New Jersey said: I paid over 25k online which included everything! If your paying $900 expect there to be ALLOT of hidden costs!

I am currently take an online pharmacy technician course I paid $13,000 but that includes an online externship. The school I go to does not give you an exact time that you have to be online for your class which I like seeing how I do most of my work at work. You are required to log on daily for at least an hour or so post comments about what ever the topic of discussuion is that week. You have an online test to take every week that you can use what ever is at your disposal: the internet calculators notes open books anything you need but you only have 1hour to take the test.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

KeriRae in Lewisville, Texas

26 months ago

Megan in Chico, California said: Right now I'm a college student majoring in nursing and would love to work as a pharmacy technician as well. So if i decide to take and pass the exam, what is the chance of me getting hired as a technician without experience? Will they not hire me? So do employers hire pharmacy technicians who have experience? or can they hire those who have past the exam but without experience whatsoever?

Get work as a nurse consultant at a mail order pharmacy. I used to work at a specialty pharmacy. I sat in front of a row of nurses that talked people through the steps needed to give shots and helped take the customer calls from pharmacists. I think nurses are cheaper to hire and the liability is similar for giving patients advice. (Thats the only place I've worked next to nurses but I know nurses work at smaller IV infusion pharmacies too. The few places I've been to have pharmacists, nurses and techs working close. You'd get a great idea of whats it's like before deciding to take the exam too.

26 months ago

Get a pharmacy job and work a year with hands on experience OR find a place you could work near pharmacy techs and pharmacists. Hands on experience is easier and doing it this way makes it free!
The few people that paid to go to school regretted it and wanted to sue for their money back once they found out you don't have to go to any special schools.

I took a few allied health classes that were FREE with the gov scholarship. After a few classes, a tech said to call a temp agency for pharmacy jobs and learn hands on. I'm so glad I did!

26 months ago

KeriRae in Lewisville, Texas said: Get a pharmacy job and work a year with hands on experience OR find a place you could work near pharmacy techs and pharmacists. Hands on experience is easier and doing it this way makes it free!
The few people that paid to go to school regretted it and wanted to sue for their money back once they found out you don't have to go to any special schools.

I took a few allied health classes that were FREE with the gov scholarship. After a few classes, a tech said to call a temp agency for pharmacy jobs and learn hands on. I'm so glad I did!

SORRY!! I ANSWERED THE WRONG QUESTION! I DIDNT MEAN TO TYPE THIS INFO HERE.

wangk08 in Los Angeles, California

24 months ago

Where do I apply/sign up to take this test? I was told at any community college but when I look online they all require I take the class first. Thanks

Joe Medina, CPhT, BS Pharmacy in Denver, Colorado

24 months ago

Since the offering of the Study Packet from Tech Lectures 4 months ago, there has been over 24 individuals who passed using this as the only source to learn from. Tech Lectures knows what they are doing!

Bottom line ... Why Pay More!

tcell8 in Chicago Ridge, Illinois

22 months ago

Janice in Anniston, Alabama said: I studied for about months, have worked in the pharmacy years. I passed on the first try, but I was surprised. I was promised a $2.00 an hour raise from my emplyer, but now they are refusing to pay. That's ok. I still trust God.

Trust in Him! Amen! Keep faith and pray in your situation. I will prayer for You if you would like. For God will NEVER turn away from You. Pray and forgive your manager; and you will see God will open up your financial situation. Just Trust in Him, be patient, stand still and firm and pray, in the name of Jesus :-)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jill S in Auburn, Illinois

21 months ago

brenda in Hackettstown, New Jersey said: If you took a test that was admistered by walgreens or cvs or any other retail pharamacy and you did not go through person vue and pay $129.00 then no you are not a certified pharmacy tech sorry. But if I were you I would check with the certification board in your area to make sure.

This isn't true - CVS and Walgreens BOTH do hands on training plus study classes to help prepare you for the state test. Both places have you take a pre-test, and if you pass it, THEY PAY for your state test to become certified. This is the only way to keep employment with both companies. I know for sure that Walgreens will only let you work with just a state license in Illinois for 1 yr from your hire date without becoming certified. If you don't take the classes offered and become state certified you either get moved out of the pharmacy or lost the job. :)

benico in Lincoln, California

18 months ago

Hello Urus,
Can you please help me like you helped the others by sending me your study materials? I ' m planning on studying for the test by myself but I'm not sure where to start. My email is garyjohn04@yahoo.com
Thank you so much in advance.

Don white in Phoenix, Arizona

16 months ago

I am passing all my practice exams I have been taking. I have not studied the top 200 drugs. I have a lot of knowledge of everything else. I take my exam in a week. Any last suggestions you think I should consider? Please let me know on here or email centerpiece19@gmail

Jill in Baytown, Texas

14 months ago

2Jazzy in Mobile, Alabama said: I just took the test less than 2 hours ago. It was 100 questions (my study guide said there would be 150) and we were given 2 hrs to complete the questions. Some of the questions were super easy, and others I had never seen before in life about the hospital setting and the info wasnt in my study guide. Hopefully I passed. On my test there was mostly math, lots of laws, hardly any brand/generic names. But they did ask about some adverse effects and which drug would be used to treat a given illness. Be familiar with verification of DEA numbers and all the laws and associations within an institutional setting.

Can anyone who has taken the computer -based test tell me when my pass/fail grade will be available to me online? My printout said that the results would be mailed to me by Oct 12th, but I think I can find out something before then.

So this is just a "written" exam not a practical one as well?

carl in Hoschton, Georgia

14 months ago

CphT in Smyrna, Georgia said: They prep you for the PTCB exam- this is the National Certification. In other words, yes, it is the same thing- you earn the designation "CphT"

I need help in math do you anyone that can take time to tutor me in math so i can take the test i will for them for they time if i not to high

Keri Rae in Irving, Texas

14 months ago

JoJoctrnl21 in Centralia, Washington said: I will be moving back home to mobile Alabama soon,and I just got certified as a pharmacy tech.Does anyone know how much a tech makes there?

There are websites like Gl@ssdoor that list average pay ranges for the U.S.
You can narrow it down by state or even by company. You're only allowed some info without registering but you'll probably want to anyway. Gl@ssdoor is a great site. I recommend it to anybody with a job or searching for a job. You'll be able to figure if you're being underpaid. There's a lot more info to help job seekers, employees who'd like to ask for a raise, etc
(It won't let me reply until I changed the a to @)

Cathy Macdonald in Maumee, Ohio

12 months ago

Check out the three new interactive iBooks for the IPad on the Phramacy Tech Certification exam .
Math Review, Law Review and the Too 200 Drugs by Dottie Duanway.

These interactive books have flash cards and tutorials that explain all the math step by step.

These three iBooks will help you pass the exam.

ss09 in Garland, Texas

11 months ago

Jake in Riverside, California said: How difficult is the test? I am about to complete my first year in college , majoring in biology . Would it be possible to study some books and not take a class and still pass? I dont really have the money for a class. If so, which books would be good to look at. Thank you

I have passed PTCB (Pharmacy Technician Certification).I can help you in passing the exam through online with minimal fees.Reply if you are interested.

Hamza in Houston, Texas

10 months ago

Hi,

I have passed the Pharmacy Technician exam in my first attempt.

I prepared from this book; Certification Review for Pharmacy Technicians: Ninth Edition by Noah Raifman.

here is the link adf.ly/VFtbv for book and its not expensive.

and if you want to practice for free online then check out this link.
adf.ly/VCAwG its really really helpful.

Practice maths portion really well because its a major part of the test.

Thanks.

Hamza in Houston, Texas

10 months ago

Here is link for top 200 drugs; adf.ly/VFuZ6

these are some helpful tips for memorizing top 200 drugs. adf.ly/VFuib

focus more on generic names and their classification.

Shreya in Houston, Texas

7 months ago

Hello Urus,

Can you please help me like you helped the others by sending me your study materials? I ' m planning on studying for the test by myself

As I'm unsure where to start. Please do help me.

Thank you so much in advance. My email address is shreyareddy1111@gmail.com

Regards
-Shreya

tiffany in California

5 months ago

mrsnotoessmith in Victorville, California said: Paul check the ROP in Riverside and see if they offer the class I know Hesperia, Victorville and Rialto do. Talk to the school district Rop Is free. You learn alot and save thousands that way. I usually hire these people over the others types of tech schools. Good Luck.

I have my nevada license for pharmacy tech. I just moved to California recently. What is ROP? I am currently living in Hesperia.

A Davis in Glen Allen, Virginia

5 months ago

Why pay thousands of dollars to become a Nationally Certified Pharmacy Technician when you could study from home, online, for about $200. Check out www.RxTechExam.com for more information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

A Davis in Glen Allen, Virginia

5 months ago

Shreya in Houston, Texas said: Hello Urus,

Can you please help me like you helped the others by sending me your study materials? I ' m planning on studying for the test by myself

As I'm unsure where to start. Please do help me.

Thank you so much in advance. My email address is shreyareddy1111@gmail.com

Regards
-Shreya

I think that you'd be better off utilizing a tried and true course than attempting to obtain materials from a variety of sources and prepare yourself for an examination that tests a variety of subject matters. Take a look at www.RxTechExam.com They offer a number of stand alone products as well as 3 different courses geared to what you need the most.

Good luck on the PTCE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

albie in Dallas, Texas

4 months ago

evey in San Antonio, Texas said: I PASSED MY TEST!!!!

but, sorry goodluck to everyone whos still have to take it and those waiting for their scores. it definitely was tough stuff

Hi good day, congratulations for passing the Pharmacy Tech exam. Can you please tell what book you were using in studying pharma tech? Were you allowed to use calculator during the actual rest? I need some tips to pass the test.
Thanks

albie in Dallas, Texas

4 months ago

Can we use calculator on pharmacy tech test?

Seriousaboutthis in Markham, Illinois

4 months ago

albie in Dallas, Texas said: Can we use calculator on pharmacy tech test?

They will provide one (sort of like an app on a computer) at the examination.

tetracycLYN in Winchester, Virginia

3 months ago

I'm taking the exam tomorrow. Still not confident enough but I want to try.

char88 in daly city, California

13 days ago

Looking for entry level pharm tech position in honolulu. I earned my diploma with Pennfoster but still have not taken the CPhT certfication exam. Here you are not required to be certified but most companies prefer that you are.

JNEA in California

1 day ago

PHARMACY TECHNICIAN PRACTICE LECTURE AND EXAM QUESTIONS – TRY FOR FREE!!!
Studying for the Pharmacy Technician Certification Lectures and Exam?
Try our Sample Practice Lecture and Exam Questions for Free!!!

Go to: pharmtech.crimsoninstitute.com
User name: guest1
Password: Guest12#

Facebook at Crimson Institute
On-line at www.crimsoninstitute.com

ptcbeasy in Watsonville, California

1 day ago

If you are struggling passing the PTCB exam or scared need that
extra assurance, you are not alone! I have been there! I'm happy
to help! I noticed many books out there make it harder than it needs
to be! You don't need a tutor! You don't need to spend 10k for a
school or 2k for one of those online schools. All you need is the
right tools to pass the exam! I spent countless hours of hard
sweat work to find the right tools that made it easy to understand.
I passed the PTCB exam with flying colors on the first attempt!

Please email me at ptcbeasy@gmail.com
or visit www.ebay.com/usr/wavelightthesmiths

Page:  « First « Previous   14  15  16  17   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.