Taking the pharm tech test

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (51 to 100 of 834)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

Paul in Riverside, California

83 months ago

My local community college offers these certificates.. are any of them applicable to pharm tech.

someone please tell me or give me a little insight by clickin the links and telling me if these are classes that will help me out into getting into the field.

biotechnology cerficate

www.rcc.edu/programs/certificate_details.cfm?code=24

medical assisting

www.rcc.edu/programs/certificate_details.cfm?code=111

medical transcription

www.rcc.edu/programs/certificate_details.cfm?code=112

Required Courses (26 Units) Units
AMY-10 Survey of Human Anatomy and Physiology 3
MDA-1A Medical Terminology 1A 3
MDA-1B Medical Terminology 1B 3
MDA-58A Medical Transcription 5
CAT-30 Business English 3
Electives (Choose from list below) 9
Electives
CAT-3 Computer Applications for Working Professionals 3
MDA-58B Advanced Medical Transcription 3
MDA-60 Survey of Human Disease Processes 2
MDA-61 Pharmacology for Medical Office Personnel 2
CAT-50 Keyboarding and Document Processing 3
CAT-84 Word Processing: WordPerfect for Windows 3

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

don't mean to bombard the forum.

How bout these courses as well?.. would they be of any validity?

Required Courses (22 Units) Units
MDA-54 Clinical Medical Assisting and Pharmacology 5
MDA-59 Medical Office Procedures 5

Electives (Choose from list below) 6
Electives

CIS-1A Introduction to Computer Information Systems 3

any feedback is appreciated. Thanks

83 months ago

after viewing this page.

www.pharmacy.ca.gov/licensing/index.htm

it says you have to have a background check by the DOJ and FBI. I just recently learned that a DUI i recieved in 2002 shows up and is the only thing on my record.

does that automatically disqualify me? that is the only thing on my ''criminal'' record.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Stephanie in Knoxville, Tennessee

83 months ago

Nicole in South Bend, Indiana said: No i dont mind answering that. Once i get get my certification i get a five dollar an hour raise. They first started me, at 8$8 when i did basic cashering, then went to $10 once i became a tech after a few months i started billing the insurance companies and counting pills etc. Another thing i like im only 20, and a college student studying pharmacy they are helping pay for my college education as long as i stick with cvs. So that is a heads up. Plus the benefits are decent.

Hi Nicole! How are you liking working at CVS? I've applied for a full-time tech position at a local CVS. I too am studying to become a pharmacist. I would like to have them help me out with the financial side as well! My husband and I are struggling to afford me taking a few classes a semester and pay all our other bills! If I'm not being too nosey, what type of benefits do you get?

Thanks for your post!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Nancy in Norfolk, Virginia

83 months ago

Hi folks! I am currently in community college and will finish my PT course at the end of this month. I am scheduled to take the Nationals December and the state a couple of days afterwards. I am trying to be a CPhT at a hospital instead of a retail store. What are the chances of someone new with no experience except the certification being hired by a hospital (I'm directly the question to CPhT's who are currently working in a hospital)? My goal is to one day prepare TPN bags. I know that I will be trained heavily in this field. Is the pharmaceutical math really heavily involved int his field? I was never good at math so right now I am "trying" to be best friends with math problems!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

mrsnotoessmith

83 months ago

Alex in Pasadena, California said: Nycole. I work for CVS. They pay only for your test fee and provide you with some study material. over all there are better pharmacies with better pay (i.e. walgreen's and target). CVS is good to get your foot in the door but not for long term.

You must be new to the field :(
It sounds like you don't know what your talking about. Stepping stone??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

mrsnotoessmith

83 months ago

Alex in Pasadena, California said: Do any of you technicians in California mind sharing your pay rates. I am looking around to apply. I am certified and licensed in CA. Especially want to hear from you folks at Target and Walgreens. Thanks.

Which CVS??

mrsnotoessmith

83 months ago

Jake in Riverside, California said: i just got a job at the cvs in victorville! bear valley and amethyst

I know don't let me down!

Darion in Saint Louis, Missouri

82 months ago

Nicole in South Bend, Indiana said: No i dont mind answering that. Once i get get my certification i get a five dollar an hour raise. They first started me, at 8$8 when i did basic cashering, then went to $10 once i became a tech after a few months i started billing the insurance companies and counting pills etc. Another thing i like im only 20, and a college student studying pharmacy they are helping pay for my college education as long as i stick with cvs. So that is a heads up. Plus the benefits are decent.
I am thinking about going to college to be a Pharmacist, but I want to be a Pharm Tech when I graduate from high school...so how is it working out for you?? When do you work? DO you have any tips for me?
darionrob@sbcglobal.net

David Scurlock in Eden Prairie, Minnesota

82 months ago

Anonymous16 in Chicago, Illinois said: Many states have Board of Pharmacy or State specific license requirements. You have to fill out some basic information and send a check every year. This is essentially a background check. Michigan didn't have a requirement, but Minnesota and Illinois both have one. I paid for my initial Minnesota BOP registration, but after I started working, the employer paid every year thereafter. It was only $10/yr. in MN. Now I am forking over $40/yr in IL. There is usually some leniency about allowing employees to work without one for a set period of time while they are waiting for the results. Check with your state website.

it is now $20/year in MN - I know you have to be registered, do you have to be certified in MN? some employers say different things, one told me that certification is required, while another told me they did not required certification, then some employers say certification a Plus, which pretty much means if you are not certified, more then likely you will not be chosen for the job.

David Scurlock in Eden Prairie, Minnesota

82 months ago

charlotte said: Im getting ready to go to texas school of bussi. for pharmacy tech and Im not that good at math I was wondering is there a chance I Can pass the test and is tedxas school of bussi. a good school?

I grauated from Texas School of Business in 2006 as a pharmacy tech and im still unmployeed, it cost me $10,000 to remain unemployeed.
Texas School of Business would be a total waste of money.

and if you have already signed up with them, then your stuck, they will hold you responsible for paying up weather you finish or not.

Nycole in Smiths Creek, Michigan

82 months ago

Paul in Riverside, California said: Nycole you can work at a pharmacy without being certified? What do you do there.

I'm trying to get my foot in the door and don't know where exactly you start at.

Yeah you can work at a pharmacy without being certified. You start out as an PSA(Pharmacy Service Assistant). Then you get certified as an Pharmacy Tech. Then you make more. Just keep applying to pharmacies. That's all I did. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tim S. in Indianapolis, Indiana

82 months ago

Janice in Anniston, Alabama said: I studied for about months, have worked in the pharmacy years. I passed on the first try, but I was surprised. I was promised a $2.00 an hour raise from my emplyer, but now they are refusing to pay. That's ok. I still trust God.

I dunno. After He screwed you on the raise, I'd think twie, if I were you.

;)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Randy Moon in Akron, Ohio

81 months ago

I just received my PTCE results this morning. I did pass the test. I had very little Rx background and was not that wonderful in math in HS. I took a Continuing Education class at a local university that was taught by a very experienced CPhT who did an outstanding job. The class lasted 12 weeks and was intense. I studied hard, did a lot of memory work, and hundreds of math problems. You have to do the work to pass the test. Just my thoughts.

TANGIE WILLIAMS in ALBANY, Georgia

81 months ago

TO ALLL THOSE WHO TOOK THE PTCB TEST AND PASS GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR CAREERS, I HAVE JUST STARTED WITH CVS ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO AND I NOW WANT TO ALSO TAKE THE PTCB TEST JUST HOW LONG DO YOU HAVE TO BE IN THIS JOB FIELD BEFORE YOU ARE READY TO TAKE THE TEST, THE PEOPLE I WORK WITH ARE NOT GOOD ABOUT TRANING I TRY TO LEARN AS MUCH AS I CAN BY READING BOOKS AND OTHER MATERIAL WHAT IS A GOOD SITE FOR ME TO PREPARE AND PASS THE PTCB ?
THANKS

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Nancy in Hampton, Virginia

81 months ago

Good luck to you! I am scheduled to take my nationals this Friday (I passed my Virginia state exam on 12/8). I took about a 7 week PT course at my local community college and finished last month. I can tell you that it was not worth jack. At least you are getting some kind of experience and hands on training. The books I was given weren't very good at all. The book that DID help me so much (especially the pharmaceutical calculations) was called "Consice Review for the PTCB Exam" ISBN 978-159858-261-1. I purchased it at Barnes & Nobles website. There was so much information that I did not know that could possibly be covered and my class did not even go over half of the stuff that was in this book. I plan to take the practice exam which is offered at the PTCB website so I know where I will stand this Monday.

I plan to work in a hospital over retail (one day making IV solutions or chemotherapy). Good luck to you. If I can help you, I'll be more than happy to!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rachel in Dallas, TX

81 months ago

There's a book called "Pharmicist Technitician Certification Exam Review" It not too big you could study for it; gives you most of the info you need.
ANd also other books to buy on the internet if you don't like this one....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Rachel in Dallas, TX

81 months ago

YOu can take a test and pass by just reading the books.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

TANGIE WILLIAMS in ALBANY, Georgia said: TO ALLL THOSE WHO TOOK THE PTCB TEST AND PASS GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR CAREERS, I HAVE JUST STARTED WITH CVS ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO AND I NOW WANT TO ALSO TAKE THE PTCB TEST JUST HOW LONG DO YOU HAVE TO BE IN THIS JOB FIELD BEFORE YOU ARE READY TO TAKE THE TEST, THE PEOPLE I WORK WITH ARE NOT GOOD ABOUT TRANING I TRY TO LEARN AS MUCH AS I CAN BY READING BOOKS AND OTHER MATERIAL WHAT IS A GOOD SITE FOR ME TO PREPARE AND PASS THE PTCB ?
THANKS

There is no set time period for being in the field prior to you taking the test, however you're getting some good experience that will help you on the test. The cold,hard truth is that people dislike to train others for a number of reasons, a subject for another day. The responsibility for learning the material is on you. Also, there is no good site to prepare you for the test. When taking the test, TIME is your biggest enemy. So you have to have a few things down absolutely cold. Math takes up about a third of the test but it can take up 75% or more if you don't know what your doing. It's only four processes: Ratio and proportion, percentages, alligations, and conversions. Drugs, pharmacy law, sources of drug information make up the balance of the test. Do the work and you will do fine. Just my two cents worth.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

mary in Lexington, Kentucky

81 months ago

Nycole in Washington, Michigan said: I just got a job at CVS. I start next week. I am so excited. What I was wondering is that I heard they pay for you to become a pharmacy tech is this true or do I still need to buy the book and take the test myself?

they will pay for your test and they will give you a review booklet for you to study but the thing is you have to ask for it...

SONI BROOKS in Jacksonville, Texas

81 months ago

HOW OLD DO YOU HALF TO BE IN ORDER TO BE A PHARN=MACY TECHNITION? WHAT DO YOU HALF TO DO IN ORDER TO BECOME ONE? WHERE CAN I PRCHASE THE BOOK?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

psychotic and a bit bi-polar in Portsmouth, Virginia

81 months ago

You should be a high school graduate. You can apply at any Walgreens and apply as a pharmacy tech trainee or you can attend a school that offers a pharmacy technician course (I took mine at my local community college).

Be aware that you should be quite knowledgable of math (algebra). If math is a weak subject for you, take a course at your local community college.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JohnS in Edina, Minnesota

81 months ago

psychotic and a bit bi-polar in Portsmouth, Virginia said: You should be a high school graduate. You can apply at any Walgreens and apply as a pharmacy tech trainee or you can attend a school that offers a pharmacy technician course (I took mine at my local community college).

Be aware that you should be quite knowledgable of math (algebra). If math is a weak subject for you, take a course at your local community college.

the only math you need to know at CVS, Walgreens, or retail chains is how to count pills into the bottle...in todays markets, calculations are already made, and if there are problems, it would fall on the pharmacist...depending on how complex the pharmacy tech position is, then yes, some math would be required, iE: IV Tech
if math is involved, I would only learn what might be related
to the job, if i needed just simple formulas, i would not go
out of my way to learn child doseages, allegations, etc...
not all pharmacy tech positions will require a high level of
math, some if any at all.

81 months ago

Paul in Riverside, California said: I am absoleutly new to the Pharmacy field but am very interested in it.

There's alot of helpful information on this forum but can anyone give me the steps to just getting my foot in the door. I have never worked in the field but am willing to intern, get proper schooling and what not.

Just want to know the basics and how I can about it spending as much money and quality time as possible.

please someone help me out.

thanks.

Yes, I have found it very hard to get my foot in the door, so
i just started at a local hospital as a volunteer in
the out-pt pharmacy, it probably would not look too shaby
on a resume either, I am limited to what i can do in this
pharmacy, so i am thinking of volunteering at a IV Infusion
clinc...

I can fully understand why people have a hard time getting in,
I think if you do not have anything to show on your resume, then
the employer does not really know who you are, and they have
lots of drugs of all kinds, I can understand why they may not
want to bring a unknown newbie in the door. Believe it or not,
there are people that work in a pharmacy (stealing drugs) as
we speak, I can undertand why anyone would want to be picky
on hiring employees with no experiance...

This is why I am volunteering, this way I can build a repore with
future employers, they know I volunteer in a pharmacy, they know
I must be trustworthy around drugs, or i would not be there, they
know that I have a good background, or i would not be there, if
you have no experience, then showing that you volunteer in a pharmacy
can go futher on a resume, then if you had nothing at all.

81 months ago

Nycole in Washington, Michigan said: I just got a job at CVS. I start next week. I am so excited. What I was wondering is that I heard they pay for you to become a pharmacy tech is this true or do I still need to buy the book and take the test myself?

you need to look up the pharmacy tech laws for your state, mosts
state require you to be registered ($20) year, some states do require PTCB certification while others states do not require the exam, which is $120/exam, and yes, too my understanding, CVS will pick up the exam fee, you have to talk to them about that.

81 months ago

SONI BROOKS in Jacksonville, Texas said: HOW OLD DO YOU HALF TO BE IN ORDER TO BE A PHARN=MACY TECHNITION? WHAT DO YOU HALF TO DO IN ORDER TO BECOME ONE? WHERE CAN I PRCHASE THE BOOK?

Probably old enough to know how to spell what you want to be.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Paul in Riverside, California said: don't mean to bombard the forum.

How bout these courses as well?.. would they be of any validity?

Required Courses (22 Units) Units
MDA-54 Clinical Medical Assisting and Pharmacology 5
MDA-59 Medical Office Procedures 5

Electives (Choose from list below) 6
Electives

CIS-1A Introduction to Computer Information Systems 3

any feedback is appreciated. Thanks

If you want a real education, dont waste it on
becoming a pharmacy tech...what a joke...

If you feel you have to waste money, then use it
to become a Radiology tech - w/some exp its very
easy to make $25+/hour...

look at this...

2 year degree comparison...

RAD Tech - $15-$25+/hr

(If you are willing to relocate, then some RAD techs
can make $50k-$60k/year)

Pharmacy Tech $8-$10/hour (if you are lucky, one
day you might max out at $15-$18) - very few techs
make $18/hr and if they do, they work in a hospital
setting, the avg tech makes $8-$12/hr

So if you are going to invest in a 2 year degree, then
go for Radilogy Tech, and work as a pharmacy tech...

in the long run, being a RAD tech will pay off, as you have
many areas you can advance in.

unless the govt requires that every person take a 2 year degree
in pharmacy tech, then this will continue to be a low paying field,
as the market is always flooded with pharmacy techs...

so for those considering taking a 2 year degree course to become a pharmacy tech, then you are just pissing your money away...Your 2 year pharmacy tech degree will not get you any more money then the common street person, not by much anyway...

If you want to invest in your future and make decent income, go for Radiology tech, and just work as a phamacy tech.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Natasha in Buford, Georgia said: Hi Nicole
Do you have to be full time or part time for them to pay for your schooling.
Please let me know.

Thanks

If you are not going to become a pharmacist, then you should
not go to school as a pharmacy tech - pharmacy tech jobs
are low paying jobs on the most part, to work as a career
I would study Radiology Tech, and work as a pharmacy tech
to pay the bills.

how many of you have been pharmacy techs for 20+ years
and are making over $20/hr...yes, some, but not many...

your first year as a RAD tech, you can make $25+/hr...
and much more if you are willing to relocate to the
right location...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

JoJoctrnl21 in Centralia, Washington said: I will be moving back home to mobile Alabama soon,and I just got certified as a pharmacy tech.Does anyone know how much a tech makes there?

your moving backward, you only need to be registered
in alabama, im sure the pay isnt great, and i sure
would not want to make pharmacy tech as a career
choice in alabama...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

Randy Moon in Akron, Ohio said: Probably old enough to know how to spell what you want to be.

Everyone should aspire to be something better then a
Pharmacy Tech...its ok to pay bills as a pharmacy
tech, but i would not choose it as a career by
any means... There is nothing wrong with being
a pharmacy tech, unless low paying job is what
you want to settle for...its ok as you are
passing time to pay bills, but not ok as a career,
you can do better...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

D Roman (Houston,TX) in Hazelwood, Missouri

81 months ago

While I agree with those of you who think that taking a pharmacy tech program is a waste of time and money, some states do requiere pharmacy technicians to be IV Certified to compound pharmaceuticals. This certification can be accomplished by two means:
A) Taking an ASHP approved full pharmacy technician program,from which you will graduate IV certified ($1000-$2000)
B) Or look for an organization/agency which offer this kind of certification ($500-$1500)
I got certified on my own, but then went back to school to get IV certified and ended up spending $700.00. The study guide I used is called "Pharmacy Technician Certification Exam Review" and it really helped me to pass the PTCB test.

PharmTech in okc, ok in Edmond, Oklahoma

80 months ago

Jake in Riverside, California said: How difficult is the test? I am about to complete my first year in college, majoring in biology. Would it be possible to study some books and not take a class and still pass? I dont really have the money for a class. If so, which books would be good to look at. Thank you

no you do not need to take classes for the ptcb test. goto the following link. pharmtechcorner.blogspot.com/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jake in Riverside, California

80 months ago

I passed the test over the summer and I'm certified in CA as well. I work @ cvs now as a tech. Thanks though

SaraA in Ligonier, Indiana

80 months ago

JohnS in Edina, Minnesota said: the only math you need to know at CVS, Walgreens, or retail chains is how to count pills into the bottle...in todays markets, calculations are already made, and if there are problems, it would fall on the pharmacist...depending on how complex the pharmacy tech position is, then yes, some math would be required, iE: IV Tech
if math is involved, I would only learn what might be related
to the job, if i needed just simple formulas, i would not go
out of my way to learn child doseages, allegations, etc...
not all pharmacy tech positions will require a high level of
math, some if any at all.

I agree.. but unfortunately, the PTCB exam expects you to know that, even though in reality, most often than not, the Pharmacist would be the one doing the conversions or compounding.

80 months ago

With all due respect to JohnS, his comments detract from the profession IMHO. You take the classes, study on your own,etc to learn - not just to pass that damn test. I'll bet most of us who have taken the test will say that they knew a LOT more than they were tested on. With regard to the pharmacist doing the calculations, conversions, etc., could it be that the Tech has not shown the confidence, ability, or willingness to do them? The pharmacy profession is changing - the pharmacist is expected to be a clinician (Pharm D)and we need to raise the bar for ourselves. Just my two cents worth as always.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Chris in Bakersfield, California

80 months ago

Hello everyone, there seems to be some really helpful and kind people here so I was wondering if you could help me out as well. I am going to school in hopes of becoming a pharmacist some day, so naturally I want to be a pharmacy technician first so that it looks good when I apply to pharmacy school. I was wondering if there are certain classes or schooling that you need in order to become a pharmacy tech? Do you just start off working as a clerk, and they train you at the pharmacy to be a tech? Info would be MUCH appreciated so please help me out

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

JT in Sandusky, Ohio

80 months ago

Randy Moon in Akron, Ohio said: With all due respect to JohnS, his comments detract from the profession IMHO. You take the classes, study on your own,etc to learn - not just to pass that damn test. I'll bet most of us who have taken the test will say that they knew a LOT more than they were tested on. With regard to the pharmacist doing the calculations, conversions, etc., could it be that the Tech has not shown the confidence, ability, or willingness to do them? The pharmacy profession is changing - the pharmacist is expected to be a clinician (Pharm D)and we need to raise the bar for ourselves. Just my two cents worth as always.

Exactly! Until we, as Pharmacy Technicians take our career serious, we can not expect the growth in the profession that we would like. This means higher wages, respect, and whatever else. People should truly dedicate themselves into learning everything they can about the pahrmacy setting and medicine.

Hospital settings require you to have a lot more responsibility as you will prepare IV's and what not. The more you know, the better off you'll be and the better compensated you'll be as well.

80 months ago

will someone please answer me?

killerorca in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

80 months ago

what do you need to know...

80 months ago

killerorca in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: what do you need to know...

See my first post just 2 lines above my last one please.

SaraA in Ligonier, Indiana

79 months ago

Chris in Bakersfield, California said: See my first post just 2 lines above my last one please.

First, please read The Angry Pharmacists blog.. www.theangrypharmacist.com, then decide about the whole pharmacist thing..

lenn in Miami, Florida

79 months ago

Jake in Riverside, California said: How difficult is the test? I am about to complete my first year in college, majoring in biology. Would it be possible to study some books and not take a class and still pass? I dont really have the money for a class. If so, which books would be good to look at. Thank you

Sure you will pass. I recommend you the "Mosby's Review for the PTCB" ISBN 0-323-03367-9. Over 1,200 questions with content review. 400 electronic flash cards. 6 practice exams.1 CD-ROM.
With my case, I had a homeschool PT program then took the PTCB cert (passed).

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Ashley in Arlington, Texas

79 months ago

eve in Lawrence, Kansas said: I did a year interning at a CVS/Pharmacy through my high school and I learned and know just as much as any of the techs I worked with. I just won't be certified for another 2 months and im wondering if its possible for me to get a job as a tech trainee anywhere other than where i interned.

did you have to work in CVS/Pharmacy for 3 months with no pay to gain experiece in order to get certified? i heard that and i was just wondering if that was true.

Ashley in Arlington, Texas

79 months ago

mickie strickland in Fuquay Varina, North Carolina said: I;ve a pharmacy tech for 17 years without certification, I have been out of work for 1 year. What do I need to do to get certified?

i was just wondering, did you make good money as a pharmacist tech even though you were not certified?

79 months ago

Hello everyone, there seems to be some really helpful and kind people here so I was wondering if you could help me out as well. I am going to school in hopes of becoming a pharmacist some day, so naturally I want to be a pharmacy technician first so that it looks good when I apply to pharmacy school. I was wondering if there are certain classes or schooling that you need in order to become a pharmacy tech? Do you just start off working as a clerk, and they train you at the pharmacy to be a tech? Info would be MUCH appreciated so please help me out

killerorca in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

79 months ago

Chris in Bakersfield, California said: Hello everyone, there seems to be some really helpful and kind people here so I was wondering if you could help me out as well. I am going to school in hopes of becoming a pharmacist some day, so naturally I want to be a pharmacy technician first so that it looks good when I apply to pharmacy school. I was wondering if there are certain classes or schooling that you need in order to become a pharmacy tech? Do you just start off working as a clerk, and they train you at the pharmacy to be a tech? Info would be MUCH appreciated so please help me out

pharmtechcorner.blogspot.com/

killerorca

maria edwards in Toronto, Ontario

79 months ago

need to study for exam

sandee in ionia, Michigan

79 months ago

I worked for rite aid for 6 years and a hospital for 2 years and now have decided to get certifed. I've heard it's really hard to pass in michigan does any one know any good study books and practice tests?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Jake in Riverside, California

79 months ago

In your position, since you already have a degree of pharmacy in India, I would apply to pharmacy schools and try to become a pharmacist. I work with someone who is in the same position. At some schools, you will not have to complete the full 4 year program, only part of it.

Gerry in Wayne, New Jersey

79 months ago

Take the EXCPT exam. It costs less( $95), and you get results immediately. You can register online and take the exam almost anytime you want at your connivence. They have testing centers all over.

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.