Taking the pharm tech test

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 834)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

TimothySkowronek420@msn.com in Indianapolis, Indiana

79 months ago

David Scurlock in Eden Prairie, Minnesota said: I grauated from Texas School of Business in 2006 as a pharmacy tech and im still unmployeed, it cost me $10,000 to remain unemployeed.
Texas School of Business would be a total waste of money.

and if you have already signed up with them, then your stuck, they will hold you responsible for paying up weather you finish or not.

First, I'm amazed that anyone would spend 10 grand on a PT course. Second, are there just no jobs in your area? No hospitals? Did you check out the market before shelling out the cash?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

roberta terry in irvine, Kentucky

79 months ago

Does anyone know if you have to have any kind of schooling other than a High School Diploma or GED to take the Pharmacy Tech Exam in Kentucky?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Mariano in Lake Elsinore, California

78 months ago

How much does it cost for the Pharmacy Tech school?

lilian o in Houston, Texas

78 months ago

what is a good book for the test

john in Eden Prairie, Minnesota

78 months ago

Mariano in Lake Elsinore, California said: How much does it cost for the Pharmacy Tech school?

If you go to a private in class school, it can be
$10,000+ which normally runs 8-9 months, if you go to
a 2 year community college, then it would be much less.
I think going to school at least in the pharmacy field is
a waste of money, you spend that much money, and hope the
hell you have a job when you get out...this market is badly
overflooded with pharmacy tech's... then to top it off, you
paid $10k plus for school, and end up with a job that only pays $7-12,
you assume you are able to get a job right off the bat...its
not worth paying that much for them to let you know what
you are studying for on the exam... of course if you have no job, no income, then the govt may pick up the tab for you to go to school...
but that does not mean the school is worth anything...on the many interviews ive been on in the last two years, very few have asked me if i have been to school...

Randy in Akron, Ohio

78 months ago

Yeah, what he said. Geeez, don't waste your money on a school. Most CC's have a prep course you can take for the PTCE for less than $1000. The one I took was excellent and I had little trouble with the exam, however I did have to study (no science background and weak in math). As soon as Emily's Act passes, the pharmacy tech herd will be thinned dramatically and the pay will go up. My 2 cents worth.

John in Eden Prairie, Minnesota

78 months ago

What is Emily's Act? Do you have a link?

78 months ago

Randy in Akron, Ohio said: Yeah, what he said. Geeez, don't waste your money on a school. Most CC's have a prep course you can take for the PTCE for less than $1000. The one I took was excellent and I had little trouble with the exam, however I did have to study (no science background and weak in math). As soon as Emily's Act passes, the pharmacy tech herd will be thinned dramatically and the pay will go up. My 2 cents worth.

Never mind, I have looked up Emily's Act, its probably not what you think, nor will it slow down pharmacy tech's...this
is only a grant to offer to states that do not have a pharmacy tech registeration process...and a states registration is nothing more then anyone sending in their
$20 for their yearly registration, this will not slow anyone down, if you truly want to limit pharmacy techs, and raise pay, then the fed needs to impose a 2 year college degree to become a pharmacy tech, if this does not happen, then pharmacy techs will be everyone, and pay will be low. Pharmacy Techs are not in high demand, as you could almost pull anyone off the street to become one, and is simple as taking the PTCE....

78 months ago

Now compare this to Radiology Techs...they are in high demand, and their starting pay is fairly high..you just can not walk in off the street, take a test, and your a RT, you have to attend a 2 year college...and with a year exp, it would not be uncommon to make $25-$30/hr - pharmacy tech with a year exp. maybe $12/hr if you are lucky.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

KILLERORCA in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

78 months ago

FOR THOSE WHAO WANTED TO KNOW WHAT EMILY ACT IS...

Emily's Act (Introduced in House)

HR 5491 IH

110th CONGRESS

2d Session

H. R. 5491
To amend the Public Health Service Act to authorize grants to States to establish and implement programs for registering pharmaceutical technicians.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

February 26, 2008
Mr. LATOURETTE (for himself, Mr. LYNCH, and Mr. BURTON of Indiana) introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on Energy and Commerce

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A BILL
To amend the Public Health Service Act to authorize grants to States to establish and implement programs for registering pharmaceutical technicians.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the `Pharmacy Technician Training and Registration Act of 2008' or as `Emily's Act'.

SEC. 2. FINDINGS.

The Congress finds as follows:

(1) Common pharmacy technician tasks include calling doctors to authorize prescription refills, putting medications into prescription containers, entering prescriptions into computers, typing drug labels, and, in many States, mixing drugs from raw materials, preparing intravenous solutions, and even preparing chemotherapy treatments.

(2) There are few State and no Federal requirements for formal training or certification of pharmacy technicians, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS).

(3) Employment of pharmacy technicians is expected to grow much faster than the average rate for all occupations through 2014, because, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, as the population grows and ages demand for pharmaceuticals will increase dramatically.

(4) About 7 out of 10 of pharmacy technician jobs are in retail pharmacies, grocery stores, department stores, or mass retailers, accordin

78 months ago

in the last entry it cut off hal the bill. to view the complete bill goto my blog

pharmtechcorner.blogspot.com/

Suze K in Clarkston, Michigan

78 months ago

Hello! I am currently doing a home study to sit for the PTCB exam. I have a few questions that I have received different answers on and I am wondering if someone could shed some light on them: 1) you are not allowed to use a calculator during the test, they issue a white board to do calculations, 2) Is there 100 questions or 150 questions? Thank you for your help! I have been studying for about a month now and just registered to sit for the exam in the April-June window..I hope I am not pushing it by testing to soon.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Randy in Akron, Ohio

78 months ago

OK folks...here is the real deal. I believe 31 states 'recognize' the CPhT, meaning you may make an additonal 25 cents/hr. Emily's Act passes (which it will - read the USA expose'). Those that currently have the CPhT designation or will have it within 18 months of the Acts' passing will be 'grandfathered in' and will not have to obtain a 2 year degree. Those people who are acting as 'Pharmacy Technicians' will have 18 months to get certified or they will be re-assigned, demoted, fired, whatever, but they will NOT be pharmacy technicians. Point being, get your certification now! (or not and make room for the rest of us). Thus, simple supply and demand says there will be fewer Techs that will be earning more money - my original point. How come it's always me that has to set the rest of YOU straight??

78 months ago

Randy in Akron, Ohio said: OK folks...here is the real deal. I believe 31 states 'recognize' the CPhT, meaning you may make an additonal 25 cents/hr. Emily's Act passes (which it will - read the USA expose'). Those that currently have the CPhT designation or will have it within 18 months of the Acts' passing will be 'grandfathered in' and will not have to obtain a 2 year degree. Those people who are acting as 'Pharmacy Technicians' will have 18 months to get certified or they will be re-assigned, demoted, fired, whatever, but they will NOT be pharmacy technicians. Point being, get your certification now! (or not and make room for the rest of us). Thus, simple supply and demand says there will be fewer Techs that will be earning more money - my original point. How come it's always me that has to set the rest of YOU straight??

Please provide a link to your claim... I have found that
funding will be provided to states that do not offer registeration as of yet, so far I see nothing about your schooling claims...every site seems to offer a different story to anything, thats why i question if you are right
or not...just because you heard a story does not mean you are right, you sure did not provide any type of source to your claim.

78 months ago

Suze K in Clarkston, Michigan said: Hello! I am currently doing a home study to sit for the PTCB exam. I have a few questions that I have received different answers on and I am wondering if someone could shed some light on them: 1) you are not allowed to use a calculator during the test, they issue a white board to do calculations, 2) Is there 100 questions or 150 questions? Thank you for your help! I have been studying for about a month now and just registered to sit for the exam in the April-June window..I hope I am not pushing it by testing to soon.

unless the rules have changed, you bring your own basic calculator, and I think there are 125 questions...but
go to the ptcb website and find out for yourself.

78 months ago

the test site will provide you with a basic calculator, 100 questions

Suze K in Clarkston, Michigan

78 months ago

Thank you! I appreciate your help.

Randy in Akron, Ohio

78 months ago

John in Eden Prairie, Minnesota said: Please provide a link to your claim... I have found that
funding will be provided to states that do not offer registeration as of yet, so far I see nothing about your schooling claims...every site seems to offer a different story to anything, thats why i question if you are right
or not...just because you heard a story does not mean you are right, you sure did not provide any type of source to your claim.

I'm correct. I know things. I see things.

78 months ago

The ignorant never surprise me the least...

Pharmacy Technician Training and Registration Act of 2008

Ive looked on the congressmans website, and ASHP, a bill has
been proprose to implement a mandate for pharmacy tech training,
it does not go into any details whatsoever about time frame, or
anything like, you must do this or that...

its nothing to get excited about right now, its just like any other
bill..maybe it will pass, maybe it will not, maybe it will get buried
like millions of other proprosed bills...from what I have found, its
very vague if its even going to get looked at as a bill...

when a bill is proprosed, it does not mean it will pass overnight, it
could take a long time, as there will always be people for the bill, and
others against the bill...could be buried in BS, and take years...
who knows...of course the bill would be good for pharmacy techs with better and higher standards/pay, will be bad for employers as less pharmacy techs will come into the field and force pay to skyrocket...

It is unfortunate what happend to that baby putting to much Sodium Cholride (salt) into the mixture, but if she attended school, would
that really have made any difference? did she put in what the presciption said to put in? who knows, overall the pharmacist was
to check her work, but how does one really check a mixture, unless
it is obvious the wrong color or something? in the end, the pharmacist
took the fall, while the pharmacy tech is still working. The pharmacist spent at least 6 years in school, and the error still got past him...
again, would schooling have done the PT any good? the error still would
have gotten past the pharmacist...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ashley in Chicago, Illinois

78 months ago

Hi I am thinking of going to a community college for courses to become a pharmacy tech. I was wondering if it is possible to take the certification test without having taken courses? I live in Illinois by the way it that helps. Thanks in advance.

78 months ago

for now, you can take the cert without going to school, but if you want a real life with some good money, then go to two year community college for Radiology Tech...Your options in this field will beat PT hands down...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ari in Richmond, Kentucky

78 months ago

John in Eden Prairie, Minnesota said: for now, you can take the cert without going to school, but if you want a real life with some good money, then go to two year community college for Radiology Tech...Your options in this field will beat PT hands down...

John, with all due respect, can you please stop the whole Radiology Tech thing? Last I checked, this is a pharmacy technician forum. Some of us actually LIKE being Pharmacy Techs - yeah, the pay isn't the best, but it beats being a cashier working minumum wage. I'm proud of what I do and I consider myself blessed to have a great career such as this. I'm sorry if PT is not good enough for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Im giving better career advice. Why waste 2 years going to
a pharmacy tech school and turn out with low wages...when
you can do to a 2 year RT school and come out with better pay
and options for your money.

If you like being a PT fine, and I was not talking to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Ari in Richmond, Kentucky

78 months ago

john in Eden Prairie, Minnesota said: Im giving better career advice. Why waste 2 years going to

If you like being a PT fine, and I was not talking to you.

You don't have to be so rude. Besides, this is a forum - you might as well been talking to me.

killerorca in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

78 months ago

ok kids play nice. and who ever is pushing the RT please be reminded that this a PHARM TECH FORUM.....ENOUGH SAID!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Randy in Akron, Ohio

78 months ago

I agree. Lay off the poor guy, he ate lead paint chips as a child and can't help it.

78 months ago

either lead paint chips or sniffing model glue instead of building models.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ronda wallace in Shelby, North Carolina

78 months ago

Please tell me how to get the book to study....I have worked as a tech in the past and know I can pass. email me at rwallace@yahoo.com. Please at least reply and let me know if you will let me know about the book.....Thanks, Ronda

Lalita in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: I started as a technician at CVS in 1999 without a certification. I worked for the company for a year and left for a position as a clothing store manager. I came back to CVS in January of 2003 and took the test in Nov 2003. I studied the books given to me by the trainer for 2 months previous to the test date. I passed the test with absolutely no difficulties. I do not believe anyone should go to school to learn how to pass the CPhT exam. Work experience and study guides are the best bet.

Lucy in Louisville, Kentucky

78 months ago

john in Eden Prairie, Minnesota said: Im giving better career advice. Why waste 2 years going to

If you like being a PT fine, and I was not talking to you.[/QUOT

John, Why are you constantly neg. about being a Pharmacy Tech? If you feel it is such a poor job choice why did you get invloved with this forum in the 1st place?

Randy in Indianapolis, Indiana

78 months ago

Randy in Akron, Ohio said: OK folks...here is the real deal. I believe 31 states 'recognize' the CPhT, meaning you may make an additonal 25 cents/hr. Emily's Act passes (which it will - read the USA expose'). Those that currently have the CPhT designation or will have it within 18 months of the Acts' passing will be 'grandfathered in' and will not have to obtain a 2 year degree. Those people who are acting as 'Pharmacy Technicians' will have 18 months to get certified or they will be re-assigned, demoted, fired, whatever, but they will NOT be pharmacy technicians. Point being, get your certification now! (or not and make room for the rest of us). Thus, simple supply and demand says there will be fewer Techs that will be earning more money - my original point. How come it's always me that has to set the rest of YOU straight??

Actually, looks at the mandated ratios. It may mean fewer tech jobs. 1 to 3 in retail, 1 to 2 in hospital.

Sara Beth in San Angelo, Texas

78 months ago

I've been studying for my test for what seems like months now. I noticed that in the pharmacy test prep it says that about 60% of the test involves "Assisting the Pharmasist with serving patients". Now in my book, this includes central nervous system, every system in the body and some pretty in depth stuff. Am I really going to need to know if the addition of a vasoconstrictor is most likely to be used to slow the absorption of a drug? Seriously? What should I focus and study the most?

Kandi Clark in Denver, Colorado

78 months ago

Mr.Medina
I went to put my app. on line for the tech exam and they want $129.00 on a credit card.I have no job right now and $5.00 in my pocket right now which I need to use, The school says they do reinbursment and I don't have a credit card,I don't know anyone who does and I don't have the money to pay for it straight up.Ron told me to contact you to see what I could do.They stated that the online dead line was 4-6-08 for the 4-28-08 to 6-?-08 window for this exam.I really need to get this in on time to be able to get a job.Is there any way you can help me?PLEASE!!!!
My e-mail is kandi.clark@yahoo.com---my phone # is 720-297-2601 please e-mail or call me ---Thanks, Kandi from College America

VRose in Belle Glade, Florida

78 months ago

Sara Beth in San Angelo, Texas said: I've been studying for my test for what seems like months now. I noticed that in the pharmacy test prep it says that about 60% of the test involves "Assisting the Pharmasist with serving patients". Now in my book, this includes central nervous system, every system in the body and some pretty in depth stuff. Am I really going to need to know if the addition of a vasoconstrictor is most likely to be used to slow the absorption of a drug? Seriously? What should I focus and study the most?

I am coming out with a free website to help people study online. I did have a post, but someone felt it was more important to delete the post instead of helping some
people study...oh well...Would i focus on vaso, blood,
no, personally, we are not going to be pharmacists, there is
no need to study that deep, all tests can be different, but there is one factor you know will be on all tests, math formulas...you can pass the ptce without knowing all of your
drugs, but you may not pass the test if you are not up
on your math...I do not know what your book has, but mine does
not go that deep, know your drug acts, classes of drugs, alligations, temp conversions, chem drugs, dea forms, MSDS, absorption bases, but you are right, assisting your pharmacist is 60% of the test, but math can also be in that 60% also, plus what other math maybe from other areas...and there are only 90 questions on the test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sam in Hayward, California

77 months ago

Isn't the PTCB test now computer based? I heard they started offering this in Feb of 2007. Has anyone taken the test this wasy as oppose to the paper and pencil version? I'd like to know your input on this. Thanks!!!

DD DeVIto in Conway, Arkansas

77 months ago

You go into test site and give up all your goods from your pockets etc, you are given a key for a locker to put all of your stuff in. Once at the computer station you get a dry erase type board and a special pen - it doesn't erase and if you want a calculator supplied by the testing site. You'll raise your hand if you need another board or have a question. I started taking my test and was done in less than 45 minutes - raised my hand took a bathroom break and used up the other time reviewing and only changing a few of my original answers. Most questions you can just answer - others you can eliminate at least 2 of the 4. Just remember the BASICS! some questions you should (operative here "should") read several times to see if the reason it is an easy question - you may have read it wrong altogether. Just be careful - don't hurry - take a breath every now and then and remember that at your testing site others are taking tests too - but it is highly unlikely they are taking the Pharm test, so they may come and go before you - don't stress - I scored very high - just wish I knew which ones I missed!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

DD DeVIto in Conway, Arkansas said: You go into test site and give up all your goods from your pockets etc, you are given a key for a locker to put all of your stuff in. Once at the computer station you get a dry erase type board and a special pen - it doesn't erase and if you want a calculator supplied by the testing site. You'll raise your hand if you need another board or have a question. I started taking my test and was done in less than 45 minutes - raised my hand took a bathroom break and used up the other time reviewing and only changing a few of my original answers. Most questions you can just answer - others you can eliminate at least 2 of the 4. Just remember the BASICS! some questions you should (operative here "should") read several times to see if the reason it is an easy question - you may have read it wrong altogether. Just be careful - don't hurry - take a breath every now and then and remember that at your testing site others are taking tests too - but it is highly unlikely they are taking the Pharm test, so they may come and go before you - don't stress - I scored very high - just wish I knew which ones I missed!

Do you remember what types of questions there are? the more i read
into these pharmacy books, the more complicated it seems to be...

77 months ago

Trying to find a pharmacy tech job is like pulling teeth. How do some of you find a job, no matter what store you are in, I would like to know what you did to apply?? I am told by chains to apply online, so I do that, i have did this several times, no one ever calls. I send/fax resumes, no one ever calls...I walk into a store, and they direct me over to their application center machine...again, this is a loop, no one ever calls...so i would like to know how some of you guys get jobs at walmart, cvs, walgreens, etc... I am sure that I am not only one here with no exp, but I see all the time where no exp people are being
hired...

77 months ago

dont talk to the manager of the store. you need to talk to the pharmacy manager. he is the one who hire in the pharmacy.

Randy Moon in Akron, Ohio

77 months ago

I feel your pain. I've was in your exact position, no real experience yet a CPhT. The best way for you to find a job is to 'network'. I hate that word but it does work. Find out who you know who works in a pharmacy, or ask your doctor or dentist, the person who does your taxes , etc., and have them make a telephone call for you. It worked for me. Good luck and don't give up - it's a numbers game.

77 months ago

I work at Walgreens...our Pharmacy Manager DOES NOT hire...only the store manager. Put in apps through the internet then talk to the STORE manager. If you are really qualified call the district office and ask for the Pharmacy Tech trainer...she is how I got my job!

77 months ago

The same type questions you read in all test help books are what you'll see on the "big" test. Go to the PTCB web site
they have a break down of what types of questions will be on the test...its only 100 questions with only 90 that count!

HevinsentNAngel in North Port, FL

77 months ago

VRose in Belle Glade, Florida said: Trying to find a pharmacy tech job is like pulling teeth. How do some of you find a job, no matter what store you are in, I would like to know what you did to apply?? I am told by chains to apply online, so I do that, i have did this several times, no one ever calls. I send/fax resumes, no one ever calls...I walk into a store, and they direct me over to their application center machine...again, this is a loop, no one ever calls...so i would like to know how some of you guys get jobs at walmart, cvs, walgreens, etc... I am sure that I am not only one here with no exp, but I see all the time where no exp people are being
hired...

Have you tried Publix Pharmacy's? I suggest to get a phone number for the corporate office in your district and talk to the pharmacy supervisor. Hopefully he/she will be able to help or atleast give you some information.
There is a good chance they might have a position for you. Iam not sure if your district has already changed over to the new computer system in the pharmacies yet, but I do know that they are going to replace their pharmacy clerk position with a tech position. Full time/Part time not sure. I've been with Publix now for 8 years in Nov. 1st year I bagged groceries, cashiered the next year, went part time in pharmacy, than was asked if I wanted full time; I jumped at the opportunity. Best thing I ever did. It's like a small family. Anyways, I had been doing clerk/tech work for 3 years and just wanted to be a tech. so I took a course that prepared us for the exam. Right after the course ended a week later took the test, past, and moved right up into a tech position. Things just fell into place. You'll find your place!
Don't give up !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Celeste in Honolulu, Hawaii

77 months ago

I am taking the certification next next friday, I am studying a little bit. I have a job at Safeway, no pharm experience, I have a BS in Bio, I guess that qualified me. The pharm manager did the hiring and told me if i get certified, he'll give me a raise. Wish me luck! Oh yeah, it's my part time job...Hawaii needs pharm techs like you wouldn't believe!

Danielle Mckinnon in San Antonio, Texas

77 months ago

PharmTech said: It was not very difficult to pass, since you only need about 60% to pass.

I bought a book prepping for the test by a company starting with the name M.. Mobley? I've since lost the book.. You don't need a course though. Probably about 40-50% of the test is math, so the majority of the time will be just making sure you know the math 100%. This includes memorizing all the abbreviations (qs = up to, ss = 1/2, etc.), memorizing the more common conversion factors, memorizing the different formulas (which are not complicated at all if you've taken any upper level math ... just easy algebra stuff, and do all the practice problems for math.

After that, just skim through the rest. I found that DEA numbers and Schedule II drugs appeared several times, so learn those. Don't bother learning drug names because there are far too many and would not be an efficient use of time. I started studying two days before the test and passed it with no difficulty.

Hi, I just googled this information about pharmacy techs, and I was thinking about going to school to be a pharmacy tech. But it seems to me that you don't need to go to school to do this profession. If you know any books that could help me, would you email me at hrdydnll@aol.com. Thank you and have a great day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cristy

77 months ago

i have a question?
on august is the next PTCB Exam.
and i was wondering if you can find a job without being certified yet?

Joe Medina in Denver, Colorado

77 months ago

Your question as far as the difficulty level of the calculation aspect for the national exam is dependent on the individual taking the exam. I have an example practice calculations exam on my forum which may help you decide of the difficulty level.

health.groups.yahoo.com/group/techlectures/message/407

You may need to sign up, of which it is free, but it does offer you some insight. Good luck my friend!

Joe Medina, CPhT
www.techlectures.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joe Medina in Denver, Colorado

77 months ago

Sorry the website was incomplete in my previous response.

Your question as far as the difficulty level of the calculation aspect for the national exam is dependent on the individual taking the exam. I have an example practice calculations exam on my forum which may help you decide of the difficulty level.

health.groups.yahoo.com/group/techlectures/message/407

You may need to sign up, of which it is free, but it does offer you some insight. Good luck my friend!

Joe Medina, CPhT
www.techlectures.com

little nicky in Euclid, Ohio

77 months ago

TANGIE WILLIAMS in ALBANY, Georgia said: TO ALLL THOSE WHO TOOK THE PTCB TEST AND PASS GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR CAREERS, I HAVE JUST STARTED WITH CVS ABOUT 2 MONTHS AGO AND I NOW WANT TO ALSO TAKE THE PTCB TEST JUST HOW LONG DO YOU HAVE TO BE IN THIS JOB FIELD BEFORE YOU ARE READY TO TAKE THE TEST, THE PEOPLE I WORK WITH ARE NOT GOOD ABOUT TRANING I TRY TO LEARN AS MUCH AS I CAN BY READING BOOKS AND OTHER MATERIAL WHAT IS A GOOD SITE FOR ME TO PREPARE AND PASS THE PTCB ?
THANKS

I also work at CVS and agree with the lack of training. The training center focuses on using their computer software, and that's about it.
I don't think you have to be in the job field at all to be able to take the test. You can take the test anytime after studying on your own. CVS will pay for the test after you have been certified at their store for 6 months. But first you must be certified as a Pharmacy Aide which is supposed to take a month or so. Another few months to be certified as a Tech, then 6 months after that they will pay for the test.
My store seems to be dragging their feet as far as certification goes. I have been there four months and it still hasn't happened.
Perhaps some CVS stores are better about this than others, but my experience has been very bad with them.
I agree with the others who say study on your own, and take the test.

lonestar in Dallas, Texas

76 months ago

Suze K in Clarkston, Michigan said: Thank you! I appreciate your help.

I just took the test in may. It was pretty easy. I did go to school for it. I passed. The test I took had 90 questions on it and it was only 1hr and 50 mins. They change the question on the test quite often. So you can any up with a test with a lot of math or hardly any at all. Good Luck

Onyi D in Houston, Texas

76 months ago

i took the test the first time after studying effectively for only two days, i was comfortable with the math problems but the pharmacology was a b*@#h. i was off the margin by 40pts! so is there any information im lacking? can someone tell me if therez a secret to knowing all those drugs? the math, laws, abbreviation are easy, what do i do about the pharmacology??

Onyi D, Houston Tx!

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  6  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.