Trying to hire on with CVS....should I continue to bug them?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

LFF in Lake Jackson, Texas

26 months ago

I just completed the pharmacy tech class at the college in my area, which took 6 months and the last part consisted of a 2 week externship at a local pharmacy, for which I chose the local CVS, which was 8 min from where I live, which I found very convenient. I tried my butt off to show them I was capable of learning quickly, of course I couldn't learn everything in 2 weeks but most of the employees were helpful and answered my questions. When everything was over in the beginning of this month, I decided to apply online to the store I was working at. I want to get my certification except I know if I get hired on with CVS they will pay for it, which would save me $130. I went to the store and gave the store manager my resume and didn't hear anything back. I decided to call the pharmacy and talk to the pharmacy manager whom I worked with and she remembered me and told me that there was a pharmacy tech position open, but it was part time. I was ok with that, because getting in the door was the main thing for me. She "took" my name and phone number down, and said she was going to get the store manager to pull up my application and call me back. It has been two days and I have yet to hear anything and I don't know if I am just being impatient or if I should call again, which my fiancee believes I should. I don't want to seem desperate, but in reality I am. My teacher said they said they were impressed with my work, but they also could have been BS-ing him around too, because he was 80 years old and would believe anything. There was a lot of students in my class and I see them as competition for the small number of pharmacies in my area, I just want to get my foot in the door and get the experience that I need to start to work my way into getting to the hospital and becoming a chemo tech. I am debating on whether to call them or not, my gut is telling me to because I just want a job already. Has anyone ever experienced the same thing? Any opinions would be appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Benjamin Clifford in Seattle, Washington

24 months ago

You can try applying with other pharmacies like Walgreens, Rite Aid, Sam's Club etc. rather than just waiting on CVS. Opportunities abound everywhere... don't put all your eggs in one basket

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

LFF in Lake Jackson, Texas

24 months ago

Thanks for the response, and after much contemplation I took that same perspective not long after I had written this. I was in fact relying on getting a job too much from CVS, and they never called me back. A job came up about a month later at a Randall's pharmacy in my town and I jumped on it the first chance that I got and I presented myself well and was persistent and they took me seriously and I have been working now for almost 2 weeks now and I like the environment much better than the one that was at CVS, so it all worked out best in the end and that goes to show that things really do happen for a reason. :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Don'tbelieveit in Phoenix, Arizona

24 months ago

Some of you Pharm Techs should form a business and job yourselves out.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.