What is the job outlook for a pharmacy technician? Hard to find work? Yearly salary?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (2)

Manny67 in Ontario

24 months ago

Just curious... looking into the career...
I was looking into dental hygiene but now I'm getting more curious about this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

TechyNerd101 in Dayton, Ohio

23 months ago

Honestly I think it has allot to do with the area you live in..I graduated in June and haven't been able to find work yet...I have my first PT interview on Saturday...but I think the reason for me not being able to find work has more to do with the fact that I live in a college town, 3 schools churned out new PT grads in June and I didn't do clinicals (all of my classmates who did were employed before graduation), so the market is flooded right now.

Looking on the bright side, I'd rather do retail pharmacy work (despite the fact it pays the least) and most people in the area train in retail and then high tail it for one of the area hospitals or warehouses in Cincinnati the second they get an offer, so the market for retail PT's has its ups and downs because noone is loyal.

The pay also depends on the cost of living in your area...but the way it goes from least to greatest is retail which pays in the $8 to $10 an hour market (CVS, Walgreens, Walmart etc..), Hospitals which pay in the $10 to $13 market, and Warehouses which usually pay $13 and up (generally hard to find because they don't advertise and usually go through temp agencies)

Good luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.