Who all is using Penn Foster as their school of choice?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (151 to 200 of 230)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

gailsieber@yahoo.com in Chicago, Illinois

64 months ago

I went through Pennfoster and was very dispointed. When I signed up I was told that they would place you not to mention no support for the exam for certification!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

pharmtech1987 in Dayton, Ohio

64 months ago

DOES ANYONE KNOW WHICH BOOK TO STUDY FROM IN OHIO? OUR NICE GOVERNMENT DECIDED TO MAKE EVERY TECH PASS THEIR TEST AND I REALLY NEED TO STUDY. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANK YOU!!

TimothySkowronek420@msn.com in Indianapolis, Indiana

64 months ago

David Scurlock in Eden Prairie, Minnesota said: in my opinion you wasted your money as i did when i paid 10 grand to go to school, a 1 1/2 later, im still not working. You could have gotten a decent $30/$40 pharmacy book, I think there is a pharmacy tech kit online somewhere for $40 and has the 200 flashcards, and do you really think you can remember 200 flashcards? or 200 top drug names? at least your only down $500 and no job, im down $10,000 and no job after 1 1/2 years.

Why would you pay 10 grand to go to PT school?! Surely you knew what the going salary was in your area?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jennifer Welling, CPhT in Palm Desert, California

64 months ago

pharmtech1987 in Dayton, Ohio said: DOES ANYONE KNOW WHICH BOOK TO STUDY FROM IN OHIO? OUR NICE GOVERNMENT DECIDED TO MAKE EVERY TECH PASS THEIR TEST AND I REALLY NEED TO STUDY. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANK YOU!!

Tech Lectures Review Manual / Workbook

www.techlectures.com

Great book! Specific to Exam and FREE email support if you have any questions for concerns during your studies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

butterfly in Port Orchard, Washington

64 months ago

pharmtech1987 in Dayton, Ohio said: DOES ANYONE KNOW WHICH BOOK TO STUDY FROM IN OHIO? OUR NICE GOVERNMENT DECIDED TO MAKE EVERY TECH PASS THEIR TEST AND I REALLY NEED TO STUDY. ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED. THANK YOU!!

Try going here

www.ptcb.org/AM/Template.cfm?Section=Exam_Preparation&Template=/CM/ContentCombo.cfm&NavMenuID=806&ContentID=3269

chgraves7@yahoo.com in Santa Monica, California

63 months ago

JT in Sandusky, Ohio said: I am, I currently have about 14 more tests to complete, so far I like it, I've been halted a bit due to other reasons, but it seems very informative as it goes into each subject of a pharmacy technicians job.

It includes everything you need to know, plus the top 200 flash cards are very useful.

Not bad for about 500 bucks.

Also, people who have already completed this, did it truly prepare you for the exam to be certified? Do employers honor Penn Foster, or does it even matter as long as you are a CPHT?

I have one more module left in the course, the math part is probably the hardest, but it's not really bad. it only took me three months to get this far, and im a full time mom, my son is now 5 months. if i can do it you can too!

phrmtch200 in Fresno, California

63 months ago

You may not have to go to school to get certified, but wouldn't employers(walgreens/cvs) prefer that you did go to school?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

jeffcpht in San Diego, California

62 months ago

phrmtch200 in Fresno, California said: You may not have to go to school to get certified, but wouldn't employers(walgreens/cvs) prefer that you did go to school?

IS BETTER TO GO TO SCHOOL AND GET CERTIFIED AND ALSO TAKING PTCB (CPHT) BOTH WILL BENEFIT YOU : EMPLOYER LIKE THE HOSPITALS MOST OF THEM REQUIRED THAT YOUR CPHT OTHERWISE SPECIFIED, LIKE CVS AND WALGREENS SOME OF THEM DONT MIND IF U HAVE CPHT AS LONG AS YOU A LICENSE IN YOUR STATE... I GRADUATED FROM PENNFOSTER PHARMACY TECH PROGRAM 2007 AND THEN TOOK THE BOARD EXAM (PTCB) PASS IT & NOW I AM WORKING AT CLOSED DOOR PHARMACY EARNING AT 19/HR THANKS PENN FOSTER...... GUYS AFTER YOU COMPLETED YOUR LAST MODULE YOU WILL BE GETTING REVIEW BOOK BY PATRICIA K. ANTHONY MAKE SURE YOU REVIEW THEM IF YOUR PLANNING ON TAKING THE BOARD (PTCB)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

pharmtech1987 in Dayton, Ohio

62 months ago

thank you...I have decided to get certified. My emplyoyer doesn't want me to go to school for it because I've been doing this for 22 years. thanks again!!!

Joe Medina in Denver, Colorado

62 months ago

Just curious as to why you would want to go to school and pay thousands of dollars to essentially learn what you already know? Your 22 years experience is more than enough to pass the national exam. Of course, depending on what you are allowed to do may have you want to review some material for the exam. But to spend so much and gain so little does not make much sense to me.

Regardless wishing you the best !

Joe Medina, CPhT
www.techlectures.com

---------
thank you...I have decided to get certified. My emplyoyer doesn't want me to go to school for it because I've been doing this for 22 years. thanks again!!!

62 months ago

Joe Medina in Denver, Colorado said: Just curious as to why you would want to go to school and pay thousands of dollars to essentially learn what you already know? Your 22 years experience is more than enough to pass the national exam. Of course, depending on what you are allowed to do may have you want to review some material for the exam. But to spend so much and gain so little does not make much sense to me.

Regardless wishing you the best !

Joe Medina, CPhT
www.techlectures.com

---------

EVEN THOUGHT SHE / HE GOT 22 YRS OF EXPERIENCE IS BETTER FOR HE / SHE TO GET CERTIFIED WHY BECAUSE THE LAWS CHANGED OVER THE YEARS AND PLUS SHE MIGHT NOT HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE ON IV CALCAULATIONS AND OTHER ASPECTS OF DISPENSING MEDS..... ON THE BOARD EXAM THEY FOCUS MORE ON THE IV CALCULATION......

62 months ago

GOING TO PENN FOSTER YOU WON'T SPEND THOUSANDS OF DOLLAR..... THE TECH PROGRAM ONLY $500 BUCKS YOU CANT ASK MORE FOR THAT.... PENN FOSTER IS WORTH IT

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Peji in Los Angeles, California

62 months ago

I have a question!!
I've not worked in any pharmacies and I don't want to go to college for taking course of PT. I'm studing by myself, can I register for taking the exam?
I tried but site of PTCB asked me the place that I studied or a pharmacy that I trained. what can I do?

Carli in Royal Oak, Michigan

60 months ago

jeffcpht in San Diego, California said: IS BETTER TO GO TO SCHOOL AND GET CERTIFIED AND ALSO TAKING PTCB (CPHT) BOTH WILL BENEFIT YOU : EMPLOYER LIKE THE HOSPITALS MOST OF THEM REQUIRED THAT YOUR CPHT OTHERWISE SPECIFIED, LIKE CVS AND WALGREENS SOME OF THEM DONT MIND IF U HAVE CPHT AS LONG AS YOU A LICENSE IN YOUR STATE... I GRADUATED FROM PENNFOSTER PHARMACY TECH PROGRAM 2007 AND THEN TOOK THE BOARD EXAM (PTCB) PASS IT & NOW I AM WORKING AT CLOSED DOOR PHARMACY EARNING AT 19/HR THANKS PENN FOSTER...... GUYS AFTER YOU COMPLETED YOUR LAST MODULE YOU WILL BE GETTING REVIEW BOOK BY PATRICIA K. ANTHONY MAKE SURE YOU REVIEW THEM IF YOUR PLANNING ON TAKING THE BOARD (PTCB)

Do you mind if I ask how long did it take you to complete PENN FOSTER..and was it difficult?

Rays in Memphis, Tennessee

60 months ago

I wanted to take the penn foster pharmacy tech program. I spoke with a representative and they said at the end of the course you get the book to help with the exam and they will set you up with a certified pharmacy of choice in your area to do an intern of 200 to 250 hrs. He explained you give them the information of the phamacy and they contact the pharmacy and let you know when you start the intern. I just wanted to know if anyone that went to penn foster and finished did you do the intern or if you knew anything about it.

Thanks alot

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gailsieber@yahoo.com in Blue Island, Illinois

60 months ago

Unless they have changed their format, Penn Foster does not offer an internship program!! I was also told that thay would assist in job placement. That's not true, and I don't know about this book you are referring to because I never got it. I completed my assignments, took my exams and got my certificate. I personally would not recommend this school. They lie!! There is no assistance offered to help you prepare for the national board exam.

60 months ago

Even though you did not get those books, were you able to GET A JOB after your completion of the Penn Foster Program? Was their certificate..or whatever you received upon completion valid?

Thanks for info

60 months ago

The certificate doesn't mean anything. To get a job you either need to be certfied by taking the board exam or have experience in the field. I learned that although school is very helpful you can find the material you need to study on your own and pass the certfication exam. I think Penn Foster is a waste of time and money.

60 months ago

Thanks so much for your help and information. Do you mind if I ask you how much time it takes, tho..to complete PENN FOSTER? I was hoping I could move through rather quickly..if it's not too difficult. I'm thinking of using Penn for the discipline of it as opposed to just studying on my own...from a Book. Your opinion, please?

60 months ago

You go at your own pace. You can get it done very quickly, the only thing is you have to wait for your material to sent in the mail.But you can take all your tests and summit online.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Joe Medina, CPhT in Denver, Colorado

60 months ago

Sometimes a good supplement to Penn Foster is the 2009 national APEX award winning Tech Lectures review manual which is specific to the exam and offers free email support! Any question you have is answerable with Tech Lectures as the author ensures content uniformity with the National Exam.

The price is not in the hundreds and whether you use Penn Foster or not, you will have a good review manual to help you as well.

www.techlectures.com

60 months ago

Thank you very much. This was helpful. Good Luck!!

59 months ago

Carli in Royal Oak, Michigan said: Do you mind if I ask how long did it take you to complete PENN FOSTER..and was it difficult?

4 months really easy just read and take the test at the end of the booklet

tink mama in Houston, Texas

58 months ago

Joe Medina in Anonymous Proxy said: Yes a calculator is provided by the testing center if you request it or, with the test being in a computer format, you can use the computer calculator as well. I would suggest getting one from the testing site to use. Realize it will only be a simple calculator that adds, divides, subtracts, multiplies, etc. Good Luck my friend.

Joe Medina, CPhT
www.techlectures.com

Hi joe. I recently purchased techlecture book from you on amazon and I love it. It is simple and has just what you need to know to pass the test. I take it later this month (nov 24th). Wish me luck!!! I like how the calculations are simple enough for me to understand. Have a good day!

tink mama in Houston, Texas

58 months ago

jeffcpht in San Diego, California said: 4 months really easy just read and take the test at the end of the booklet

Yes I am currently taking classes through penn foster. It is study at your own pace. Right now I a a student working on my ADN at excelsior college, but I need a job now. I started oct 15 and now I am on module 4. I am halfway through the program. I am taking my boards near the end of the month or may change to the beginning of dec. I am also using tech lectures in conjunction. Since I have read the info in penn foster books(goes in more detail), I study techlectures and I retain the info better. Techlectures is easier to study and less words to remember, but I am a visual learner so this works for me. I don't think the internship is neccessary to pay for since jobs have on the job training(save your money).You can go as fast or as slow, but It will take you no shorter than 2 months (you have to wait on your books to be shipped to you in order to have access to the next module exams)and as long as you make it.

58 months ago

Thanks for the feedback on the national award winning Tech Lectures Review Manual/Workbook. Tends to be one of the Pharmacy Technician's best kept secrets out there!

Good Luck !

Joe Medina, CPhT, Pharmacist
www.tlectures.com

------------
Hi joe. I recently purchased techlecture book from you on amazon and I love it. It is simple and has just what you need to know to pass the test. I take it later this month (nov 24th). Wish me luck!!! I like how the calculations are simple enough for me to understand. Have a good day!

Maria in Aurora, Illinois

58 months ago

rhonda montgomery in Denton, Texas said: I Think anyone trying to better themselves is great. Yes the course is hard, and no you don't have to go to school, but in the long run, we that hhave will have alot more, we learn the laws, and other things that you will not get in the ptcb book.
I wish you all the very best. I pray you all pass and find the job you want. Good luck.

Brazosport College will now be offering a pharmacy technician program to prepare students to work as pharmacy technicians and to prepare them for national certification. True, it's not required, but it significantly increases the likelihood you'll pass the national certification exam the first time around, and will get you valuable hands-on experience in a pharmacy, and an opportunity to network with other pharmacy technicians- invaluable when you start your actual job search. I sure wouldn't want someone who read a book to hand me my meds over a person who actually took an actual course and participated in an externship. In this job market, you need all the extra edge you can get.

michellepolyviou in Charlotte, North Carolina

56 months ago

acewarlock in Parrish, Florida said: especially Read this section
(Training, Other Qualifications, and Advancement)

is there a sample test i can print off the internet on th Nexgen Computer System? i am working for Rite Aid Now and need to learn this. they don't give me notes or anything to bring home. i'm always so busy i can't learn it all there. this is very important to me. can you help or suggest with out having to buy anything?

Thank you

acewarlock in Parrish, Florida

56 months ago

Nexgen Computer System is a Brand like Dell, HP, Compaq, What is the software program they are using?

56 months ago

acewarlock in Parrish, Florida said: especially Read this section
(Training, Other Qualifications, and Advancement)

is there a sample test i can print off the internet on th Nexgen Computer System? i am working for Rite Aid Now and need to learn this. they don't give me notes or anything to bring home. i'm always so busy i can't learn it all there. this is very important to me. can you help or suggest with out having to buy anything?

Thank you

56 months ago

THANK YOU,
WHAT WOULD BE THE WEB SITE AGAIN?

56 months ago

THANK YOU!!!!

Spring09 in Richmond, District of Columbia

54 months ago

Anonymous in Tuolumne, California said: Actually I enrolled in penn foster for the pharmacy technician course. I also already passed my PTCE and am already licensed through the state. Penn foster is not a waste of money. Yes, any one off the streets can apply to take that PTCB exam. But, you cannot get licensed through any state without schooling. Without the license no pharmacist, big or small, can hire you.

I'm looking into becoming a Pharmacy Tech but I'm having trouble trying to decide on a online school. How long was your program and it help you any when taking the PTCE? I seen on their website that its about $600 for the program is that true or did you have to pay more?

Nanlisa in Upper Darby, Pennsylvania

52 months ago

I wouldn't reccommend Penn Foster or any other home-study school to learn how to get a job in the medical field. You have to have hands-on classroom training, especially in an industry-approved and certified course.

Check out the community colleges. Call the various hospitals, clinics, and pharmacies to find out what type of training you need, as well as if they hire graduates of the school.

Bree in Lockport, Illinois

52 months ago

MRxI and Kushan Education offer a lot of allied health courses all across the US in different community colleges. A lot of their programs are NHA approved and recognized by a lot of different national certification organizations. Here is their website, www.kushanllc.com, check them out and see if they have a location close to you.

52 months ago

There is also Tech Lectures which has helped thousands in the passing of the national exam with its 2009 National Award winning Review Manual that does include free email support and free practice on-line exams!

Affordable and simply the right thing to do!

www.tlectures.com

Brandi in Des Moines, Iowa

51 months ago

tommyjp in new york, New York said: YEAHHH just passed the ptcb!!! A lot of math problems than I expected. Im so glad I took the course with Penn Foster. Its an easy course If ya'll like independent studying. I recommend it to anyone whose wanting to start their future as a technician but make sure ya do the internship program tho.

So do you have to do the work experience option with penn foster or not? I've already been hired to train somewhere and they will pay for my Certification test. My understandin was that you didnt have an internship with penn foster.

savethisday in Vermont

50 months ago

I looked into Penn Foster, but decided to just take the PTCE instead. Much cheaper, and not as hard as I thought it would be! I am now a CPhT, and prospective employers are very impressed by it. I am also working towards an Associate's degree in Liberal Studies at a community college, but they are definitely much more interested in my certification and couldn't care less about my future degree.

n_dhay2001 in Boynton Beach, Florida

47 months ago

Hi everyone,

If you register today to get your exam for your pharmacy technician certificate, how lonng months or days you have to wait before the day of your exam?thanks!

Joe Medina, CPhT, BS Pharmacy in Denver, Colorado

47 months ago

Now days you can schedule to take your exam when you feel you are ready. Think of it as schedule on demand. Just need to apply and then schedule.

Good Luck!

Joe Medina, CPhT, BS Pharmacy
www.tlectures.com

------------
Hi everyone,

If you register today to get your exam for your pharmacy technician certificate, how lonng months or days you have to wait before the day of your exam?thanks!

biochemist87 in Beaverton, Oregon

46 months ago

I just graduated with my Bachelor's of Science in Biochemistry, and was wondering if I had to really go back to school to study this kind of field? Specifically, how do you become nationally certified. I looked at a few practice exams, and honestly I would rather not have to pay for a program if I can just practice on my own. I feel like this stuff should be easier for people who have gone to college already, and studied a similar field (i.e. biochemistry, chemistry, etc.).

acewarlock in Ellenton, Florida

46 months ago

You don't need to go to school, you just need to take the Test.

n_dhay2001 in Boynton Beach, Florida

46 months ago

I bought a book for CPhT REVIEWER in barnes & nobles, Yes it is hard to pronounce the words or the generic name etc etc...I guess just need to practice and memorize it.

Jen in Stockton, California

46 months ago

anonymous in Tuolumne, California said: Yeah, I agree with the comment above. I finished the program with penn foster two months ago. Its a really worthwhile course to take. It may not be as cheap as the other site listed but I know that penn foster is accredited by the ASHP: american society of health system pharmacy which in some states that means you can already apply for your license without getting certified. But Im not saying that taking the ptcb is something anyone should blow off. If your certified your recognized nationally and if your just licensed your only recognized by your state. But my point here is that penn foster is accredited in the right area and it is a great program for independent studying.

I have 14 more examinations to take then i'm done. I'm still confused regarding the program. Is there anyone out here in california, who finished the program and apply for license/registration to the Board of pharmacy without taking the PTCB? Is the penn foster pharmacy technician program in california would allow me to obtain and apply for licensed and be registered as pharmacy tech?

Jen in Stockton, California

46 months ago

I have 14 more examinations to take then i'm done. I'm still confused regarding the program. Is there anyone out here in california, who finished the program and apply for license/registration to the Board of pharmacy without taking the PTCB? Is the penn foster pharmacy technician program in california would allow me to obtain and apply for licensed and be registered as pharmacy tech?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Joe Medina, CPhT, BS Pharmacy in Denver, Colorado

46 months ago

Your right! Just a good review manual that is specific to the exam and you are set!

www.tlectures.com/reviewmanual.html

Good luck!

-------------

biochemist87 in Beaverton, Oregon said: I just graduated with my Bachelor's of Science in Biochemistry, and was wondering if I had to really go back to school to study this kind of field? Specifically, how do you become nationally certified. I looked at a few practice exams, and honestly I would rather not have to pay for a program if I can just practice on my own. I feel like this stuff should be easier for people who have gone to college already, and studied a similar field (i.e. biochemistry, chemistry, etc.).

Crystal in Lewisville, Texas

46 months ago

BF in Lake Jackson, Texas said: I am too and am starting module 8 today - only 5 more (13 tests) so we are about in the same section JT! I like it pretty well and feel that I am getting some good useful info.

I think everyone who takes an online course worries that they won't be accepted. I am riding on the hopes that this course will cover what I need to know for the CPhT exam and that will be what gets me a job. I called a few pharmacies around here and was told that I did not need schooling or CPhT to get hired, so I figure if I have it all the better.

My course costs me $896 total and I make $36 payments a month. I got a little behind and will be needing the extension offered. Does anyone know if it is 6 months for $75 like some other courses they offer? I also wonder if the final exam is going to be proctored like some I see, or is that just for the Assoc. Degree programs?

How long has this program taken you? It says if you study an hour a day you could be done in 9 months. How often and much do you study and how long has it taken you to get to section 8? I'm really considering this program but I'm kinda scared!

rwllms in Baton Rouge, Louisiana

46 months ago

Anonymous in Tuolumne, California said: There is no where in my writing above that says you need to go to school to get certified. Like I said almost anyone CAN take the ptce...and pass..and then get certified. Im saying that without getting registered with your license you cannot get hired. Also I never stated above that you Need to be certified to work just licensed. Trust me I got the job...

Idk about other states, maybe they are more lax, but in the good ole state of La you MUST go through an accredited pharmacy technician program, whether its at an online school, community college, or training program through the employer to work in a pharmacy. They give you a permit to work in the pharmacy but you can only do BS stuff like ring up people and take out trash. You dont do any insurance or billing, no counting pills, no typing instructions...nothing. And to even recieve this permit, you must show proof that you are indeed in some type of school. Once you have completed the program, THEN you can take the PTCB test, and once you provide proof you passed that, you get your license. Unlike the state of Alaska, who will give anyone who pays 150.00 and has no criminal record a license to practice pharmacy. No school no PTCB or anything, but then again, it is Alaska...nothing bad ever happens there.

melayja22 in Montgomery, Alabama

43 months ago

I am currently taking the pharmacy tech course a penn foster. Ilike it . i think the information is very helpful. Im waiting on my books now.

ek in Garland, Texas

43 months ago

I live in Texas and I won't pay for an school program if the State doesn't require it in order to get your state-license ,,,, ( 10 K ??? H** no !!! )

on another hand you can go to this web site www.pharmacytrainer.com/printbook.php

i got the book ( looks sheap but it has all you need) ,,,, and i passed the test the first time :)

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  5  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.