pharmacy technician salary

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1251 to 1271 of 1271)
Page:  « First « Previous   23  24  25  26   

nat123 in Elmhurst, New York

35 months ago

I think you are getting paid well. No retail is as busy as they are in NY and i was getting paid $9 and working my butt off in walgreens although i had 3 yrs of experience. Appreciate what u have. Not many people have the luxury of being paid over $9 Even though they are certified at a retail pharmacy. Forget about even negotiating, we have to take it or leave it. You are very lucky. Congrats.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Irene528 in Bristol, Virginia

34 months ago

is anybody out there from virginia working as a pharmacy tech? if so, how did you get certified and what's the pay like. College vs studying on your own?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

malickmboumoh in Miami, Florida

34 months ago

Irene528 in Bristol, Virginia said: is anybody out there from virginia working as a pharmacy tech? if so, how did you get certified and what's the pay like. College vs studying on your own?

I am not living in Virginia. But I can tell you retail pay is suck. I got certified and PTCB when I applied for a job they offer me $10 which is less than what I was getting working in the hospitality business where there is no schooling required. So please Irene dont do the same mistake. College for Pharmacy tech is a WASTE OF MONEY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Holly in Ankeny, Iowa

33 months ago

I live in Iowa near the capital, Des Moines. In hospitals and clinics, starting salary is sited at 12.25 at minimum. Retail (target, cvs, walgreens, etc) are sited at 10.25 minimum. I have a high school diploma and am attending general college courses toward an associates of science until I decide what direction to take in terms of a degree. I am currently studying on my own to take the PTCE along with getting some tips and pointers from my community college's head of department for pharmacy tech and nursing. While studying, I've applied to a couple of places and received interviews at each; so far I've been beat out by those already certified or with more experience than myself. However, I have been my cousin (a CPhT in IL) that even uncertified, I should not accept less than $9.50/hr; four other relatives in the medical field agree with the statement.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Eliza in Tacoma, Washington

30 months ago

I graduated in June from a pharmacy technician program. Here in Washington you have to be certified and licensed in order to work as a technician in the state. In the program you are required to do 2 externships; 1 for retail and 1 for inpatient hospital. My retail experience was at Target, there they start around $13-$14 an hour. My hospital experience was at a local hospital in Tacoma and I actually got offered a job there and the starting pay is $18.08 an hour with a pay raise twice a year plus amazing benefits. And that is with no work experience. So I would say if you are wanting to become a pharm tech hospital is your best bet. Unfortunately for most the only real way to get in is if you have an in. I was lucky to prove to be a great student there and they really wanted me to be apart of their team. So if you have the opportunity to intern at any hospital put your all into it and prove to be an amazing student who is eager to work and learn.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

KatieCass in Seattle, Washington

29 months ago

Eliza in Tacoma, Washington said: I graduated in June from a pharmacy technician program. Here in Washington you have to be certified and licensed in order to work as a technician in the state. In the program you are required to do 2 externships; 1 for retail and 1 for inpatient hospital . My retail experience was at Target, there they start around $13-$14 an hour. My hospital experience was at a local hospital in Tacoma and I actually got offered a job there and the starting pay is $18.08 an hour with a pay raise twice a year plus amazing benefits. And that is with no work experience. So I would say if you are wanting to become a pharm tech hospital is your best bet. Unfortunately for most the only real way to get in is if you have an in. I was lucky to prove to be a great student there and they really wanted me to be apart of their team. So if you have the opportunity to intern at any hospital put your all into it and prove to be an amazing student who is eager to work and learn.

Hey Eliza,
I graduated from a pharmacy tech program in Washington too but only interned at a retail pharmacy. It's been two years and still no luck getting in. I feel so discouraged. I really need a job because I have a baby to care for and no income coming in.
Do you have any tips? I would love to work at a hospital but everywhere I've applied want that 1 year of experience, even retail. Any advice, please?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Eliza in Tacoma, Washington

29 months ago

KatieCass in Seattle, Washington said: Hey Eliza,
I graduated from a pharmacy tech program in Washington too but only interned at a retail pharmacy. It's been two years and still no luck getting in. I feel so discouraged. I really need a job because I have a baby to care for and no income coming in.
Do you have any tips? I would love to work at a hospital but everywhere I've applied want that 1 year of experience, even retail. Any advice, please?

Two years is a long time with no job leads or anything? Normally where you intern is you chance to show your knowledge, skills and work ethic to that employer for the chance that they will offer you a job. Thats how most of the pharm techs I know have gotten jobs in order to get that experience to move forward. If this is something you want to do I would try to put yourself out there going to different pharmacys and seeing if they are hiring. Maybe even the option of volunteer work since its been awhile.

seriousaboutthis in Markham, Illinois

29 months ago

KatieCass in Seattle, Washington said: Hey Eliza,

If you can, look for mail order pharmacy located near you. If that is not an option, I would call the HR department of a local hospital, nursing home, LTC and asked if they have a PRN pharmacy technician position or even a volunteer position. You might get some headway if it is a small organization but hey stranger things have happened.

Carmona in Millbrae, California

28 months ago

I am thinking about to change career? Can anyone tell me that what's salary at the entry level in retails pharmacy (target, CVS) or institutional pharmacy (like Kaiser) in San Francisco bay area after finished the school? Thank you!

michelle in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

24 months ago

Sandy in Portland, Oregon said: I recently got licensed and certified here, and am having a hard time finding a pharmacy tech job. Everyone wants experience. Could anyone give me any advice on how to find a job!

start in retail like rite aid cvs or walgreens

sherrie in Hobart, Indiana

24 months ago

Ya. Retail is where I started
. You could try Target ad well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Jitiksha in Brooklyn, New York

21 months ago

Can anyone tell me how much is the basic pay for CPht in brooklyn

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

martin9 in New York, New York

21 months ago

gerry in Sacramento, California said: I work as a pharmacy tech, with overtime i am averaging seventy thousand dollars a year.I work inpatient in a large hospital .The job is not rocket science and can be repetitive,but it pays well.

Get me a job dude I am in New York

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

alj08 in South Florida, Florida

16 months ago

I make over 50k a year as a Rpht,Cpht in a hospital setting although I work 2 jobs for that pay. I make $17 an hour at my full time job $35k a year and $16.15 as a part time16k a year. I've only been a technican 1yr and a half. I went to school and did a internship. My first job was retail they offered me $11. I hated it. If you want more money go to an inpatient hospital. Also don't stay the same place a long time. Work 6-8mo gather experience and find a new job. Remember your new job will offer you more money than the last. Keep moving around until you get a decent pay above $15. Also research salaries at these specific companies before you apply so you know the average amount they pay then ask for a dollar more. I love my full time so I probably won't leave for more money unless it's $20+. For me it was a good investment and a great career move. It didn't take much time and yielded fast results. My program was only $6k sooo no regrets here. I make decent money and I don't have a ridiculous amount of loans like pharmacist.

QUOTE who="malick mboumoh in Miami, Florida"]I going to honest with you guys. I am working in retail business for one of the biggest Company in the nation. you guys know the name. Seriously if you want to be pharmacy technician to get pay more you "ALL WRONG". I working as a pharmacy tech and i went to school for it I spend over $15,000 for my tuition which was a big mistake. Honestly I regret it. Because the company i am working for which starts with the C provides training for all the new hires. There is no need to go to school for something because they show you pretty much everything and even pay for you PTCB. Going to a Pharmacy technician career is not worth it if you not thinking about becoming Pharmacist. There are a lot of things in the health care better than getting pay $7.5-$

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Sunny in Cincinnati, Ohio

15 months ago

I am studying to take the PTCE and as far as salary goes you have to consider the state you're in and cost of living as well as the job setting (Hospital Pharmacy vs. Grocery chain Pharmacy). A PT in NY or CA could be making $16-$20 hr whereas one in OH or IN might only be making $10-$15 hr.

emm in Euless, Texas

12 months ago

I just got offered a job at a hospital in texas for 16.50/hr. Thats with 2 years retail experience as my in. Im gonna be working in outpatient so its similar to retail….im happy. I was working for safeway and started at 12 and moved up to 13.90 over 2 years.

I feel bad for anyone working at target now that y'all just got bought out.

emm in Euless, Texas

12 months ago

and i cannot stress enough to just study on your own!!!

Do NOT pay for a vocational school. Study on your own and go take the test. Its seriously not hard. I decided i wanted to be a pharmacy tech, went online, signed up for the next test date, googled some prep guides and studied my butt off for 5 days straight. In the end, I passed the PTCB. piece of cake. and only cost me the price of the test. not 15k or whatever those schools charge. what a ripoff

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Vortex in Anytown

12 months ago

emm in Euless, Texas said: and i cannot stress enough to just study on your own!!!

Do NOT pay for a vocational school. Study on your own and go take the test. Its seriously not hard. I decided i wanted to be a pharmacy tech, went online, signed up for the next test date, googled some prep guides and studied my butt off for 5 days straight. In the end, I passed the PTCB. piece of cake. and only cost me the price of the test. not 15k or whatever those schools charge. what a ripoff

Out of curiosity, did you already have the two years of retail experience prior to taking the PTCB or did you take the PTCB first and then get the experience? Trying to look at different job possibilities so I thought I'd ask.

Thank you.

John Ad in lilburn, Georgia

11 months ago

Want to make some extra money while working? I signed up as a discount card distributor and use if for many of my cash patients and I get at least $1 every time it is used. I easily sign up a few rx's per day making me an extra 200 each month at least. check it out www.yourrxhelp.biz/help1023/en/index.html

James in Houston, Texas

10 months ago

Wow it seems pharm tech salaries regressed considerably over the past decade or so. I am no longer in the field, last worked as a tech in a pbm making $17/hr. That was back in 2002! It's 2015 and techs are barely making $10-12? Very sad.

I run my own business now making 3-4x that now barely working 30 hours a week. Thankfully I'm blessed to never have to work in a pharmacy or corporate America ever again. It sounds like pharmacy is a dying profession if you ask me. Good luck to all those techs out there struggling to make it.

rissy in Cleburne, Texas

21 days ago

I want to know, don't know if i should decide to do this but want something short while i work on a degree but If i like being a CPT, I am wondering how much salaries can go for if they work 10+ years at the same place. I notice people are just inputting starting salary but what about if they become a senior pharmachy tech or lead?

Page:  « First « Previous   23  24  25  26   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.