I self-studied and passed!- want to sell my books...

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (42)

Mary inTampa in Tampa, Florida

59 months ago

Put your books on amazon -www.amazon.com - open an account and put your books for sell.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Shwin in Tempe, Arizona

59 months ago

I am willing to sell this in a bundle rather than individually; that is why I wanted to know if anybody is interested?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Isabel in Denton, Texas

59 months ago

Do you still have the books?

shwin in Tempe, Arizona

59 months ago

Isabel in Denton, Texas said: Do you still have the books?

Yes Isabel, I do. email me at shwin^^554^^@^^gmail^^.com (without the symbol ^)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

arubio in Surprise, Arizona

59 months ago

Congratulations! The math book you bought. Who was the author? And was it easy to understand? I am having problems with the math need all the help I can get. Also how long did you study for?

Thanks

shwin in Tempe, Arizona

59 months ago

arubio in Surprise, Arizona said: Congratulations! The math book you bought. Who was the author? And was it easy to understand? I am having problems with the math need all the help I can get. Also how long did you study for?

Thanks

I think the best way to study math or anything else is to study from multiple books. There are certain types of problems on the Exam. And there are different ways of solving them. The first book I talked about solves some math problems in an easy way. Its more like a trick. But other type of problems in the same book have different, more difficult way of doing them. So thats why its best to study from multiple books and choose the techniques that work for you. The first book isn't a book, but a study guide sold exclusively online for $65 at www.pharmacytrainer.com. I can sell it to you individually if you are interested. There are no markings.

I studied on and off over 2 months. Equivalent to studying intensively for 2 weeks. The test is actually not that hard. The amount of drug questions surprised me though. Seemed like every 4th question was about a drug.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

shwin in Tempe, Arizona

59 months ago

arubio in Surprise, Arizona said: Congratulations! How long did you study for? I am having problems with the math. The book you bought for math, was it easy to understand?

Arubio, I just realized you maybe talking about the 5th book I listed. I did not use that book because I had no need! However, if you want it; i can sell it to you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dani in Roanoke, Virginia

59 months ago

Shwin in Tempe, Arizona said: Hey all, I took the PTCE last month and passed. To my surprise actually. While taking the test... I was pretty sure I was going to fail but I passed! I was so happy to see that pass screen at the end LOL.

Anyway, I never worked as a technician and I bought 3 books and studied for it and passed. This is proof that you don't need to go to some institute and pay thousands of dollars. Since this job is paying $10-12 on average... you can be sure that the test will only be that much difficult. If it was harder to pass; the pay would be $15-16 or more since less people will be able to pass it.

So I have my books here that I passed with. I took care not to mark or write in any of the books so they are like new. And I highly recommend these books. I did my research before buying them. Here they are:
1. Pharmacy Trainer Self Study Book

2. Pharmacy Trainer Top 200 Drug Flash cards

3. The Pharmacy Technician Third Edition by Morton Publishing

4. … The Workbook for the above

5. Pharmacy Calculations 2nd Edition

The brand new price for all of these is over $220. I want to sell them for $100 including shipping. I can post on Ebay and you can buy it safely from there. I have a 100% reputation on there. After you pass, you can sell them again and get most of your money back as well.

Let me know what any of you think. Thanks.

***Do you still have these books for sale? If not, where is the best place to purchase them? Thanks & Congrats!

Grasshopper in Odessa, Texas

59 months ago

Dani in Roanoke, Virginia said: ***Do you still have these books for sale? If not, where is the best place to purchase them? Thanks & Congrats!

Make sure you check into what they make before you decide to go this route. It is alot of studying for not alot of money. I am in the middle of studying myself and am finding it is alot to do. Tech don't make much money and can do ALMOST everything a pharmacist can do. To me this makes no sense.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

matthewwadans in Greenbelt, Maryland

58 months ago

Please how do you do it. My friend has taken this exam three times and not luck for him can you please tell me what book you studied and how to get prepared for it
Matthew

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

blady02@yahoo.com in Canyon Lake, Texas

57 months ago

I am interested in buying all of your books now! I am too late? Please email me back asap.

Connie

Hey all, I took the PTCE last month and passed. To my surprise actually. While taking the test... I was pretty sure I was going to fail but I passed! I was so happy to see that pass screen at the end LOL.

Anyway, I never worked as a technician and I bought 3 books and studied for it and passed. This is proof that you don't need to go to some institute and pay thousands of dollars. Since this job is paying $10-12 on average... you can be sure that the test will only be that much difficult. If it was harder to pass; the pay would be $15-16 or more since less people will be able to pass it.

So I have my books here that I passed with. I took care not to mark or write in any of the books so they are like new. And I highly recommend these books. I did my research before buying them. Here they are:

The brand new price for all of these is over $220. I want to sell them for $100 including shipping. I can post on Ebay and you can buy it safely from there. I have a 100% reputation on there. After you pass, you can sell them again and get most of your money back as well.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

I am interested in buying all of your books now! I am too late? Please email me back asap.

Connie

light12 in Tempe, Arizona

57 months ago

Hey guys!

All of these are still available. Price is $120 + shipping. They are in like new condition. Get them before they're gone!

email me at: shwinsother@gmail.com

thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

57 months ago

I have an account with ebay and paypal and I can purchase the books and materials entirely there. Let me know when and where and we can proceed.

turtule in Minneapolis, Minnesota

57 months ago

Is math part easy to do on ptcb exam for a "calculus I" finished student

Karo in Glendale, California

57 months ago

turtule in Minneapolis, Minnesota said: Is math part easy to do on ptcb exam for a "calculus I" finished student

The math is not really math, it is just conversions, whether you consider that math or dimensional analysis its up to you, if you completed calc, you should do fine, btw 70% of the test is converstions.... questions such as... Billy weighs 120 lbs, he has medication which has : Rx bid (twice a day).... 5 mcg/kg of body weight of medication.... he has to take this medication for 30 days.... after the 30 days how much medication will he have intaken.... good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

partwerks in Grand Island, Nebraska

56 months ago

I am currently unemployed due to a layoff and was toying with the thought of being a med. tech.
Any advice on what/where to start?

partwerks in Grand Island, Nebraska

56 months ago

I meant to say pharmacist technician

mike in Chantilly, Virginia

51 months ago

need some assistance

None in Escondido, California

47 months ago

Shwin in Tempe, Arizona said: Hey all, I took the PTCE last month and passed. To my surprise actually. While taking the test... I was pretty sure I was going to fail but I passed! I was so happy to see that pass screen at the end LOL.

Hi, what is the Item numbe listed on ebay?

manncheri in Vero Beach, Florida

44 months ago

I would like to purchase the books, if you still have them.

QUOTE who="Shwin in Tempe, Arizona"]Hey all, I took the PTCE last month and passed. To my surprise actually. While taking the test... I was pretty sure I was going to fail but I passed! I was so happy to see that pass screen at the end LOL.

cricket

44 months ago

Hello, I am interested in buying your books. Please get back to me Tait1217@aol.com

iceice82 in Azusa, California

41 months ago

Hi, Iam from california. is there anybody knows anything bout if i must go thru an school program in order to be qualified for the board exam and or can i just self-study books and take the exam when ready, and how would i apply for the exam.
I know different states have different regulations. there have been too many different opinions around me. My friend is a pharmacist and she said that i must go thru a school program, another friend is also a pharm D said i could just study the books and take the exam when ready. I've never worked as a pharm tech before nor having anything experiences. I've been a registered dental assistant my whole life. thanks alot to anyone who can offer some information.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sonia in Manassas, Virginia

40 months ago

i am ready to buy your books now,tell me your phone number an i will arrange to pay you cash now,i am in Virginia are these books good for me.By way, do i have to know by heart the brand names and generic names of 100 medications.
Thank you for your help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

eminor in West Covina, California

40 months ago

Yes please I am interested!!! email me at eminor88288@yahoo.com
Thanks

ADMIRE in Atlanta, Georgia

40 months ago

I will be willing to buy the books

spawnie7 in Michigan City, Indiana

37 months ago

Pharmacytrainer.com has the study questions, flashcards and a choice of paper book, cd rom, or interactive online course (which appears that the all 3 are the same, just in different formats) for $80 dollars.

I'm confused if the 3rd, 4th, and 5th books are necessary and if its possible more info (author, publishing company)on the 5th book if it is.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

spawnie7 in Michigan City, Indiana

37 months ago

Also the website has bundle packages with other books. After reviewing most of the books in those bundle packages on Amazon, most of them are full of errors and have low reviews so one should do some diligence to make sure you aren't wasting your money. Just a side note.

bruno in Powder Springs, Georgia

34 months ago

am interested in ur book, contact me on brunomentus@gmail.com.

l leaves in powder springs atlanta Georgia

Yang in Sacramento, California

32 months ago

Can you tell me how you studied for the Top 200 Drugs?

vcaeton@gmail.com in Roseville, California

32 months ago

Hi There!!!
I have been doing some research as well to self train. So seeing your ad here was very helpful. Im very leary about puchasing anything online, but im considering it. Where are you working and how long did it take you to complete and get a job? Im a Paramedical Examiner, CPT1 state licensed for 4 years. Im looking for a change. These are all the books you need to get a certificate then you take the State Board test or what?? I would like to talk more with you can you email me directly? vcaeton@gmail.com my name is Veronica. Thank you and I hope to hear from you soon!!

L Cupp in Bryan, Texas

32 months ago

Do you still have your Pharmacy technician self training books? I was told by a technician that these were the ones to get.
Please let me know.
You can email me at mlcupp@verizon.net

Thanks

Leiah in Denver, Colorado

32 months ago

You passed ---- BUT --- did you get hired anywhere??? Inquiring minds want to know! I am desperate for something that I can feel good about doing, use my not inconsiderable ability to learn, focus, and and provide excellent kindness and consideration to patients, but everything I find to consider learning requires years of experience. Any ideas?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

BlackPearl in New York, New York

30 months ago

I graduated school with a B.S. in Communications and wasn't too interested in that major. I honestly just wanted to get the heck outta school. Iam interested in nutrition and was considering the Pharmacy field. I' am dead broke from student loans, so going back isnt an option.How much is it to take the PTCE exam and how many times can one take it?

spawnie7 in Gobles, Michigan

30 months ago

Here in Indiana its $139 at the testing site. There are rules to how many times you can take it and I believe the first time you fail you must wait 6 weeks to retake it but I could be wrong. After each failure there is a waiting period and if you fail it too many times you must make an appeal to the certification bored for them to allow you to take it again. Check out ptcb.com for the correct info. However good luck breaking into the field without experience. I haven't take the test yet but have been studying for it. I can't even get a job interview or a call back despite informing employers of my preparation.

Marty in Chicago, Illinois

30 months ago

I was wondering Shwin or light or any others who view this thread do any of you still have the books available? or do any of you think we could take the books out of the library an study ??? I am in chicago and wondering how different the books would be across the states?
Also say you pass the test in Ill and move to say las Vegas can you transfer your license or certifications?
Would this be a good first step on to a full pharmacist?
Im a older guy with a BA in fine arts and sound engineering and studio design and a assoc. in computer networking and security as well as cisco , will the math be enough to pass?

spawnie7 in Chicago, Illinois

30 months ago

you need to see if IL accepts PTCB certification as a qualified training program. If they do, then that is nationally recognized and aim for that. there are several choices to study materials. you don't have to go to school, you just have to pass the test. then hope that someone will hire you without experience even if you are certified. it definitely gives you a leg up on people without. I have a BA in classical studies and have only had 2 interviews for pharmacy tech positions. I got bored with the pharmacy trainer.com program after 4 days. in those 4 days i covered half the material and consistently scored in the 90%s in the practice tests. the math part was easy. mostly just knowing how to do fractions and conversions between metric and american measurement systems.

LBCandy22 in Evanston, Illinois

27 months ago

Check out the free "Prescription Trivia" app for your android. It can help with studying basic medications.

pournaz7 in Arcadia, California

27 months ago

Are you still selling these books?!?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

deeluvspink in Huntington Beach, California

25 months ago

I am intrested in possibly buying your books from you .. if there still available of course!! =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Yasmin in Palo Alto, California

25 months ago

shwin in Tempe, Arizona said: Yes Isabel, I do. email me at shwin^^554^^@^^gmail^^.com (without the symbol ^)

Do you still have the books?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Steph in Temple City, California

23 months ago

Do you still have these books? If so, can you send a reply?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.