the worse place to work as a Pharmacy Technician

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (451 to 494 of 494)
Page:  « First « Previous   7  8  9  10   

ManagerJoe in Columbus Area, Ohio

35 months ago

fraudbuster903@gmail.com in Alpharetta, Georgia said: Thank you, I would love to talk to you. Email me.

Prefer to keep it in the forum---don't want to give out my personal e-mail. Trying to keep myself anonymous--don't want to burn any bridges.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Also Worked for CVS in Woodbridge, Virginia

35 months ago

OMG I never thought that so many people understood how horrible it is to be a tech. at CVS. It doesn't matter how hard you work you are treated like absolute garbage. There was a time where I was exposed to physical and mental abuse working at CVS. I can not tell you how horrible I felt there...I will never go back and strongly urge everyone not to work there. It is HELL

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

ManagerJoe in Columbus Area, Ohio said: I was a store Manager for 8 years. I'll answer any questions you have!

Unless you can tell us why CVS treats their employees like crap in apparently more states than one, and why I got ignored even when I filed a complaint TWICE AND wrote a letter to corporate about the physical and mental abuse that I suffered then I don't really have much else to ask...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

ManagerJoe in Columbus Area, Ohio said: I was a store Manager for 8 years. I'll answer any questions you have!

Unless you can tell us why CVS treats their employees like crap in apparently more states than one, and why I got ignored even when I filed a complaint TWICE AND wrote a letter to corporate about the physical and mental abuse that I suffered then I don't really have much else to ask...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

nipper in Pine Grove, Pennsylvania

34 months ago

i feel their organization is worse than rite aid as cvs system is like a primitive qs1 system.even items such as scanners are of such poor quality,that it is almost impossible to actually read /verify the rx via image.yes,there are no breaks,lunches or respect.this is not just of the technicians but of pharmacists.there is completely inadequate training or none at all.customers are often on cellphones and very rude.employers such as target support the employee waiting for the customer to terminate phone call to ensure safe service,cvs does not take into account patient safety issues-only speed.i have worked in almost all retail pharmacy settings and i have never seen such unsafe practices.one day an employee may be a bartender...the next day they are a cvs technician.where is the training .rite aid not only trains via buddy system but pays for the tech certification.i would go back to r.a in a heartbeat as a pharmacist.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Wyatt Earp in Alpharetta, Georgia

33 months ago

We are doing something about it. Send me an email if you're interested in talking to me about it at fraudbuster903 at gmail.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

lol in Mooresville, North Carolina

33 months ago

It is funny to read all these comments about people bitching because they actually have to WORK at their JOB. It is illegal for management to change your hours or deny you a break so either report them or go find another job

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

n/a in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

33 months ago

lane_000 in Bessemer City, North Carolina said: As someone who is looking to change careers, I get the feeling that being a Pharmacy Tech is more of a headache than it's worth. I'm currently in manufacturing and have injuried my back 2x in the last few years and have been researching for a job that is relatively easy on my back. Also, I wish to not have to spend any significant time in school-- no more than year or so. I have seen that the salary/wage is allover the board. After reading some of the horror stories; esp. CVS , I'm going to have t rethink this!

If you have back problems then cvs is not the place for you. 8-9 hrs on your feet, if you're lucky you might be able to get a 1/2 hr break. Just know that everyone there is in it for themselves,no teamwork whatsoever. Horrible place to work

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

G.M in Los Angeles, California

33 months ago

I feel like its individual and upper management both. A comment is saying if company knew it it will not allow it. i do not know calling ethics line works or not. Employees who had been with the company for many years they always like to choose their schedule like to work early hours, either five to two or six to three. I had also seen if manager is favourable, they come six in morning have a breadfast or go to bakery for donuts. If you are a supervisor if you argue with them not to go, they tried to call union or favourable store manager to change your shift. these long time employees they always like to work on their section does not matter what is going on in store, since they are not realy a casher they do not hesitate to take one hour break before they leave. If supervisor is favourable to them , they allow them false transactions. WHAT MORE YOU ARE EXPECTING WITH THESE LONG TERM SUPERVISORS AND EMPLOYEES WORKING SAFELY WITH ALL THEIR DISHONESTY.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

hj in Wesley Chapel, Florida

33 months ago

I want to know how she did it.(beat the cameras) I went to a CVS pharmacy drive thru and dropped off my script for oxycodone 30 mg.I was told it would be ready in and hour, when I went back to pick up my prescription I was told I didn't drop off a script for oxycodone, and the tech had left for the day. Naturally, I called the police only to be told the camera's doesn't show her taking your script, and to leave. The district manager was notified and he also reviewed the camera's and stated there was no theft observed.; But I am not crazy I know what I dropped off and where, can anyone explain to me how she is beating the cameras and what can I do to have law enforcement look into this issue again. Thank you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

joker711 in Worcester, Massachusetts

32 months ago

that is completely true. does any one have experience with reliant? i would love to hear how they are to work for

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

cvspharmslave in Warren, Michigan

32 months ago

concerned in Troy, North Carolina said: A CVS pharmacy tech employe for 18 years 9 of it Certified Pharmacy Technician ($13.43)an hour CVS SUCKS

I have worked there for nearly 3 years as a Pharmacy Tech and am only making $8.49. Every year they try to pull some crap right around review time, to keep from paying you your yearly pay increase. This year I did not receive my increment for 6 months!!! 6 months, and I had to report my Manager and DM, and go above their heads and still it took 6 months to get a lousy $.24 raise. When I brought this up to my DM, he said "what do you want me to do, take it out of my pocket?" I said "no take it out of the register like you do the mileage charges everyone is always getting paid out with" . . . he just looked at me blankly and said I'm sure it will be there next pay period. My store doesn't even have a Lead Tech, so they expect the techs to do all the lead tech duties, without Lead Tech pay, and still make sure we get less than 30 hours a week. Stay away from this place if you value your work.

Happy in Richmond, Virginia

31 months ago

I just started working at Cvs at 9.50 an hr and I'm getting trained in as a tech. I've only worked a few days so far, supposed to be one of the busy stores. I used to work at taco bell and it was the busiest in the state, like a 6 hour rush non stop in the drive thru (literally non stop) and three store managers come and go in just two years. I really enjoy Cvs at the moment. Some of the techs don't acknowledge you at first but that's just because they are busy in production but are nice and helpful when they are available. I got stressed out reading this before starting, but I'm actually enjoying the job a lot, and I'm already getting solid hours, they seemed very well organized for a busy pharmacy. It made me realize that getting trained for free!!! And coming home not smelling like crap and getting paid more to do less work makes me appreciate how lucky I am compared to my old co workers busting their balls to make some drunken fools that want 3 party packs (36 hard or soft tacos) at 2 in the morning. And get yelled at for having slow times by management.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

north carolina in Hope Mills, North Carolina

31 months ago

so... I have been asked to work off of the clock several times, and they (cvs) supervisors and management, get very angry when I ask to take my break... now they are asking me to take my module at home... or tell me to come in early before my shift to do it...wtf is that allowed?

Rx Veteran in Maryland

30 months ago

I LOVE being a pharmacist. I am incredibly sad at the current state of affairs. I suggest everyone STAY AWAY from pharmacy. The whole thing has gone to hell.

Academia has increased the cost of the degree. Piling on more hoops to jump through, makes more money. The Doctor of Pharmacy degree became the price of admittance. I bought one so I would have the ‘union card.’ Now, I can’t get a job. There are simply too many pharmacists. The market is saturated just like lawyers, engineers, and other professionals. Nurses are next.

There are clinical ramifications to this over supply. I have had to ‘put my foot down’ regarding clinically untenable corporate practices. The last incident? I was without help for three days straight. That pharmacy did 120-150 Rxs per day. It was UNSAFE to attempt to provide clinical services while running the cash register, answering the phone, receiving prescriptions from four sources (E, walk-in, phone, fax), adjusting inventory, dealing with prior authorizations, requesting refills, putting away the order, dispensing drugs....etc. I was told by the store manager to “Suck it up!”

Disrespected, exhausted, and fearing for my patients, I did the UNTHINKABLE. I closed the pharmacy for two hours and walked out. I was distraught at abandoning my patients! I could not return to work that day. Question? How is a pharmacist with mountains of debt (school, home, car, children to feed, and all the rest) supposed to stand up to management? The discussion here confirms my fears. The days of the friendly doc on the corner is gone. My right hand helpers (the techs) are having troubles, I can't fix. Pharmacy used to be great. It generally sucks now. I still feel great helping patients. I hope we can recover from all the MBAs

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (25) / No Reply - Report abuse

Phyllis in Atlanta, Georgia

25 months ago

kalia said: My goodness----I just read through these last whole 3 pages and the pay that I saw is not that great for a Pharm Tech! I am just a customer service rep for a very large company thats been around for 100+ years and get paid $14 w/ just 3 months of being employed there.

I was going to do pharmacy tech since I have some what little knowledge of pharmacy tech. I worked for a mail-order pharmacy before this current job and got paid $13.50/ hr at the call center taking orders and other tasks such as answer misc questions.

I would like to find out more info on that mail order pharmacy you mentioned and also more info the call centers
Thanks

Phyllis in Atlanta, Georgia

25 months ago

I am a pharmacy technician and I have worked in hospital for over 20yrs. you still run into some of the treatment you find in retail. you work very hard some pharmacist treat you good some do not. Any where you work, you are going to have someone out to make your life miserable, because they are miserable

The pay raises are not all that great. I think the best thing about hospital work is the benefits. that is it. You still have to work with messed up co workers and worse a messed up Pharmicist. I have seen some things going on in hospitals that I will not type

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

malick mboumoh in Miami, Florida

24 months ago

Phyllis in Atlanta, Georgia said: I am a pharmacy technician and I have worked in hospital for over 20yrs. you still run into some of the treatment you find in retail. you work very hard some pharmacist treat you good some do not. Any where you work, you are going to have someone out to make your life miserable, because they are miserable

The pay raises are not all that great. I think the best thing about hospital work is the benefits. that is it. You still have to work with messed up co workers and worse a messed up Pharmicist. I have seen some things going on in hospitals that I will not type

hello Philly. I read your comment about working in the hospital. But tell me there is something i dont understand about hospital. What is the hiring process there?. I went in a tech school to become pharmacy technician, I had had all the certifications required. But I never had a chance to be interviewed at several hospital I applied at. I would really like to work in the Hospital or any insurance company where I would be getting a little more than what I am getting now in a retail pharmacy. my major is even pharmacy. So tell me how did you get a job at the Hospital ? Is there a trick or what lol. :) I just dont get it. I dont care if the job is stressful but allow me to support myself so. Most technicians working in a retail won't complain if the pay was worth it . !!!!!!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

CS120 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

24 months ago

@ Malick, Volunteer!

24 months ago

@ CS120 you want me to me volunteer where? in the hospital? would that help me to get a better one?

Lyzah in Idaho

23 months ago

I am looking for advice on where to start my pharmacy career. I am a recent Pharm.D. grad and I have an offer in hospital with some retail and an offer in mail-order. Does any pharmacist have any advice on these two careers? Both have their pros and cons. The hospital/retail job is closer to home but the mail-order seems more my thing. Any advice?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

icanonlyimajn in Richmond, Virginia

23 months ago

Happy in Richmond, Virginia said: I just started working at Cvs at 9.50 an hr and I'm getting trained in as a tech. I've only worked a few days so far, supposed to be one of the busy stores. I used to work at taco bell and it was the busiest in the state, like a 6 hour rush non stop in the drive thru (literally non stop) and three store managers come and go in just two years. I really enjoy Cvs at the moment. Some of the techs don't acknowledge you at first but that's just because they are busy in production but are nice and helpful when they are available. I got stressed out reading this before starting, but I'm actually enjoying the job a lot, and I'm already getting solid hours, they seemed very well organized for a busy pharmacy. It made me realize that getting trained for free!!! And coming home not smelling like crap and getting paid more to do less work makes me appreciate how lucky I am compared to my old co workers busting their balls to make some drunken fools that want 3 party packs (36 hard or soft tacos) at 2 in the morning. And get yelled at for having slow times by management.

I work in Richmond, VA as well... I was hired at $8.50 and was told I would not get a raise till my first year and when that rolled around I only got $.26 even after getting my license! I thought the free training was cool too, but you have to pay the $73 to take the test, which isn't too bad. I had pretty decent hours at first and as the time has rolled on the hours have gotten cut for everyone except full time employees. I was around 30 hours at first and now only about 15 hours a week. I love my coworkers and understand that its a company thing. My lead tech says I can outsource myself to other CVS' in the area, but if I wanted to work somewhere else I would just quit and go somewhere else. I didn't sign up for the travelling deal! Just curious as to how you feel about it now after working for some time and if things have gotten worse or better.

ThinkAgain in Cleveland, Ohio

23 months ago

wise1 in Temecula, California said: After reading all these comments one wonders why does CVS gets away with all this? isnt there some law that they are breaking? oh I believe every word of it, it is the worst place to work if one walks in to these stores one can see there are no empoyees available they only have the cashier and maybe one other person. I have never worked in this kind of environment but I kow someone that does. If one reads the paper recently the CEO quit whit 55 million in his pocket and if you look at the DM's they get big bonus. If I was a stockholder of this company I would sincerely pull my money and invest in another.

If you take a place to court and sue them, you won't win. You don't have corporate lawyers on retainer, and they can keep your attorney busy doing so much you will have bills that will take you down.
Plus, you will blacklisted out of the job market. If you think that's not true, think again.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Missslp in San Diego, California

20 months ago

CVS has got to be the worst place to work, and the 16 cents an hour raise I got after already making $6 dollars an hour less than my last job was really a slap in the face.The temperature was always 79 to 82 degrees (I know because I brought in a digital thermometer) and by the time I got off of work at 6:30 am my hair was dripping wet.Supposedly the temperature is controlled by computer on the east coast. And after getting off at 6:30 I had to be back at 4:30pm the same day. I got to work exhausted, and walked out. When I was interviewed the assistant manager told me that if I wanted the hours I had to work nights stocking shelves. No problem I told him, so I started nights, never did anything but run a cash register.I asked him when I would start stocking shelves, he said everyone had to learn the register. Okay, so after 3 months I asked again. He told me that if I didnt like it I should look for another job...real supportive. CVS hired me under false pretenses, not cool.

20 months ago

Missslp in San Diego, California said: CVS has got to be the worst place to work, and the 16 cents an hour raise I got after already making $6 dollars an hour less than my last job was really a slap in the face.The temperature was always 79 to 82 degrees (I know because I brought in a digital thermometer) and by the time I got off of work at 6:30 am my hair was dripping wet.Supposedly the temperature is controlled by computer on the east coast. And after getting off at 6:30 I had to be back at 4:30pm the same day. I got to work exhausted, and walked out. When I was interviewed the assistant manager told me that if I wanted the hours I had to work nights stocking shelves. No problem I told him, so I started nights, never did anything but run a cash register.I asked him when I would start stocking shelves, he said everyone had to learn the register. Okay, so after 3 months I asked again. He told me that if I didnt like it I should look for another job...real supportive. CVS hired me under false pretenses, not cool.

hello really sad to hear what you saying. When you working for CVS there are some things you will enjoy about that company and some you don't. well first of all I wouldn't leave my previous job to make less money. because that how you pay your bills. you should look around as well. I thought CVS pay more in california and NY. Anyway keep working and be aware of what they have out there. I WOULDNT BE A PHARMACY TECHNICIAN IF I Didn't plan BECOMING A PHARMACIST. Because it"s worthless. especially working in the retail.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tech!! in Suwanee, Georgia

17 months ago

So i was not onle one like that.Thank god I quit earlier.I believe it is good to get first time experience.You will love all other jobs after CVS tech job

been there done that 4 2 long in Decatur, Georgia said: CVS is famous for horrible treatment of their employees that's why most people I know, including me, left that place already. I mean I'm only one person, how am I supposed to do drive up, pick-up, count pills, and answer the phone at the same time??? When we don't answer the annoying phone from people calling in about God knows what reasons, one woman called in to ask if CVS carries this particular vaporizer, the pharmacy manager starts shouting at us. So when I did answer, I had to stop my counting in the middle of a 120 pills prescription (the counting machine is broken so we have to manually count to avoid complaints) and go out to the aisle, find, the thing and come back to tell her that we unfortunately don't carry it. Then, she had the nerve to have an attitude with me, I just said bad connection and hung up. I'm so used to this nonstop phone answering that I answer my home/cell phone with "Hi this is CVS pharmacy, how can I help u?" Oh yeah, no break whatsoever unless you're brave enough to ask the stressed out managing pharmacists for a break while the baskets just pile up and the customers start swarming at pick up.

michelle in Urbana, Ohio

16 months ago

So I Just recently got hired for CVS. I Havent excepted the job yet as a cashier/clerk. The supervisor told me there is always room for advancement to move up and be a pharm. tech. I thought that was a great idea as I needed a career choice. Im currently employed and was going to leave my current job to work at CVS so I could eventually be trained for bigger and better things. If I take the job I will be taking and $800 pay cut a month bc they are only offering me 15-20 hrs a week at $8.25hr, but thought that it would be good for me in the long run since they said they would train me to be a pharm tech. Im torn between the two jobs. Stay where im at or go for CVS and take the pay cut and eventually have a career, but from all the reviews i have read im not sure if i want to take the position......Help please!!!!!

Phantom in Frisco, Texas

16 months ago

Okay I worked at Cvs/Pharmacy in North Dallas for about 2 years, give or take a few months. This company is a vulture corporation which emotionally blackmails and overworks its "workers" if you can call us that, I prefer the term indentured servants. I know that seems like a strong language, but please, if you value your sanity do not work for this corporation.

Oh, and to the jerk who said "You're lucky to have a job in this economy?" Seriously, gtfo these forums, unless you've worked as a tech at cvs, you don't know the plight of the workers that work there.

First of all, Little to NONE LEGITIMATE TRAINING. THEY don't thoroughly train people in order to save money. When you start working in the pharmacy from the front store, its like throwing a kid who doesn't know how to swim in the swimming pool ITS RIDICULOUS.

- You have to ask for breaks and they get ANGRY at you for asking.
- 0 Appreciation for all your hardwork
- Snarly replies to asking for days off
- Corporate bullying and retaliation for complaining to managers
-Abusive environment
- $10.25 and never got a raise
And what saddens me the most is that as a college student, I was able to escape this cesspool since working was a luxury for me and not a necessity. Some people are doing this for the rest of their lives and you can tell their miserable waking up everyday and going to cvs.
Bottom line & My advice -
If you HAVE TO work for CVS, work for a few months, have them sponsor your PTCB exam, get some experience and then put in your 2 week resignation and find another company to work for that values you, I can't speak for other retail stores, but CVS is honestly an extremly greedy, selfish corporation that does not care about its employees, I know it sounds harsh but its the truth.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

A. Lewis in Covington, Georgia

15 months ago

My recommendation? Don't make retail pharmacy a career. Try to get in a hospital if you're determined to work the rest of your life as a Pharmacy Technician. I'm a former Rite Aid and CVS employee. It's entirely profit driven. That's why it's called retail. They don't give you consideration. It's a corporation. If you are looking to make a career out of retail, whether it's as a pharmacy technician or a clothing store, get the understanding that you work at their beck and call. If you want a new job, try to work it out while keeping your retail job until you can get something else. I have a child to feed too, so I understand you can't quit. But if your plan is to make a career out of retail pharmacy, suck it up, because it's not going to change.

Al in Campbell, California

15 months ago

CVS is definitely the most horrid place to work. The saddest day profession wise as a pharmacist was when the announcement was made that CVS bought out Longs Drugs. Stuck it out as a pharmacist for 3 years after CVS took over and then finally left and glad I did. CVS doesn't care about their employees and run you out if you can't meet their ridiculous demands. During my yearly review my DM asked me to work these unreasonable shifts, he threatened by saying "I have a stack of resumes 6 inches high..." No joke. All the initatives that they implement, CSI, PCQ...all complete nonsense and simply implemented to drive up prescription counts thereby increasing revenue and profit. Even they have an initiative to solicit patients' physicians for prescriptions when certain patients have CVS Caremark insurance which can tell if patients should be on certain drugs. All these are a smoke screen to "improve patient care" when in fact it is just to drive up profits.

Yep in Columbia City, Indiana

14 months ago

Al in Campbell, California said: CVS is definitely the most horrid place to work. The saddest day profession wise as a pharmacist was when the announcement was made that CVS bought out Longs Drugs. Stuck it out as a pharmacist for 3 years after CVS took over and then finally left and glad I did. CVS doesn't care about their employees and run you out if you can't meet their ridiculous demands. During my yearly review my DM asked me to work these unreasonable shifts, he threatened by saying "I have a stack of resumes 6 inches high..." No joke. All the initatives that they implement, CSI, PCQ...all complete nonsense and simply implemented to drive up prescription counts thereby increasing revenue and profit. Even they have an initiative to solicit patients' physicians for prescriptions when certain patients have CVS Caremark insurance which can tell if patients should be on certain drugs. All these are a smoke screen to "improve patient care" when in fact it is just to drive up profits.

Apparently the whole PCQ, etc was Caremark's promise to big accounts to GM that would ensure 'patient compliance'.. hence the forced calls on staff no matter what. This is is how they get their profits

Babydollrj15 in Columbia, Maryland

12 months ago

I worked for CVS for 10 months. Did extra work and always stayed late. Even did extra things to make the pharmacy look good. I have been a tech for many years and was one of the first people in MD to become a certified technician. I had a sudden leave for my father in laws death and two days after I returned I was fired for a mistake that happened two months prior. I can't even get unemployment due to the lies corporate told them. The conditions are horrible in a 24 hour store that is the second busiest in the state doing about 5000 prescriptions a week. They only allow 400 hours a week. With a store that size they really need 500 hours to get everything done correctly. That doesn't even account for all the extra bs like pcq calls and day 6 and esi calls. I felt used and abused when I was fired. Now I am just angry.

CindyC in Columbus, Ohio

12 months ago

I've just started working at CVS a week ago and I can already experience all the horrible things that's being said about CvS in this forum. I've already dealt with angry, demanding, abusive and rude customers. We don't get any break. I can even barely go to the bathroom to pee. I'm a certified pharmacy technician but I feel like I really don't get that kind of respect. I'm just assigned at the drive thru and pick up and I've already working beyond my hours since I started because I cannot just leave the pharmacy when there are still customers and we are understaffed so the others are busy doing something else. How long does it really take to master everything at the pharmacy? They don't really teach you everything at Learnet or on OJT. There are some peculiar situation that you have no idea how to resolve. I've never really worked with a register before and I've got some problems dealing with coupons every now and then. I've never really dealt with coupons.

Former Employee in Raleigh, North Carolina

9 months ago

This must be the most morally bankrupt company I have ever encountered. Not only do that not give you any breaks, the pay is ridiculous and they still will not hire enough workers. No benefits and good luck getting paid on any of the training modules, or surveys you are required to do on your own time. The pharmacists are also overworked, but at least they are making a good salary. Since they don't get a break they sure don't mind that you don't either.

ptcbeasy in Watsonville, California

9 months ago

If you are struggling passing the PTCB exam or scared need that
extra assurance, you are not alone! I have been there! I'm happy to help! I noticed many books out there make it harder than it needs to be! You don't need a tutor! You don't need to spend 10k for a school or 2k for one of those online schools. All you need is the right tools to pass the exam! I spent countless hours of hard sweat work to find the right tools that made it easy to understand. I passed the PTCB exam with flying colors on the first attempt!

Please email me at ptcbeasy@gmail.com
or visit www.ebay.com/usr/wavelightthesmiths

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Current Employee in Hermitage, Tennessee

7 months ago

I just started working for CVS as a CphT about a month ago and I am in the same boat you are. The training seems to be more of a formality than actually trying to put you in real life situations. There is no way in a classroom setting or online to regenerate what you actually encounter when dealing with real world customers. The insurance training is a joke as well. There are so many codes to learn and prompts that come up that you never get trained on. I work in a store that does over 500 scripts a day and if you don't already know everything there is to know then it slows down the whole process and you get the evil eye from the pharmacist on duty or other techs that have been there for years. Nobody has time to properly train a new employee so I often find myself stuck with a problem while nobody can help and when they do, they just resolve the issue themselves and don't explain any of the steps involved so you will be lost the next time as well. I'm far from incompetent, but I feel that way very often due to the lack of training involved. Slowly starting to catch on now but there is very little organization in our pharmacy as well. Nobody has job assignments. You just have to jump from one thing to another and hope not to get yelled at for not doing the right thing. I'm trying to be patient but the lack of real training is making the whole learning curve that much more difficult.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Noname in Blue Earth, Minnesota

4 months ago

I started working at Walmart a few weeks ago, hired as a pharmacy tech, I am registered in the state, but an just a trainee. My problem is my boss ( the pharmacist ) seems to be making me feel overwhelmed, she has a brassy way about mistakes and training me to the point that I nearly passed out at work a few days ago. I actually leaned my hand against her arm and told her I think I am going to pass out, I saw stars and things started to get black, all she said to me was you need to let us know if your going to pass out so we can catch you and you don't hit the floor. Not one word about something like, are you alright? do you need a drink of water? Nothing! The training I had for 4 days on the computer only did not prepare me well for the job and her harshness and attention to negative things she says to me is making me a nervous wreck, I don't know what to do. If I say something to her I could get fired and I really want this job and want to learn more to do be a great tech, but I can't focus when I am being taught in a harsh and negative manner, any suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Noname in Blue Earth, Minnesota

4 months ago

I wanted to add that she seems to be very nice to the other techs, maybe she just knows them better. I do understand that it is her license and years of college, but I feel like I did when I was in school and being bullied, and nothing I do seems to be good enough. I have only been in the pharmacy working for 5 days and feel like the expectations for that short of time are high. I run back and forth from filling, bagging, checking out, and it's very hard to learn in an environment where your told to do one thing and called to do another. Don't get me wrong.... I can multitask, but I physically can not be in one place doing one task ad in another doing another task at the same time. I tried talking to a couple co tech workers, all they say is it's not going to get any better. Maybe I am overwhelming myself, I don't know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Me in Las Vegas, Nevada

2 months ago

Also Worked for CVS in Woodbridge, Virginia said: Unless you can tell us why CVS treats their employees like crap in apparently more states than one, and why I got ignored even when I filed a complaint TWICE AND wrote a letter to corporate about the physical and mental abuse that I suffered then I don't really have much else to ask...

Omg!! I thought I was the only one !!! I actually quit cause my boss threatened me over text messages so I email the corporate office but nothing I applied again and now the district manager is not letting anyone hire me .. I worked there for 9 yrs and have been through 7 managers this last one is the one who pushed me over the edge but they keep her to hell with cvs !!

Workfromhome2k15 in West Palm Beach, Florida

2 months ago

Try USAJOBS.GOV for Pharmacy Technican. Also, there is this website bit.ly/1zGqwDd for 2,000+ jobs wprking from your own home.

Laura78 in Albany, New York

2 months ago

I wonder if you can get more respect or money if you get certified in Spanish? I have heard you can. Here is a link if you want to check it out:
www.spanishcertifications.com/

Hard worker in Hermitage, Tennessee

2 months ago

Also Worked for CVS in Woodbridge, Virginia said: Unless you can tell us why CVS treats their employees like crap in apparently more states than one, and why I got ignored even when I filed a complaint TWICE AND wrote a letter to corporate about the physical and mental abuse that I suffered then I don't really have much else to ask...

CVS places unrealistic expectations on their employees. We are always understaffed at my pharmacy and have someone quitting just about every other week. In the 6 months I've been there, both pharmacists left, a new one was hired and he just quit as well. Lead tech quit, another tech that had been there for over 5 years quit. Anyone who floats or comes to help out says we have the busiest pharmacy in the area and can't wait till the end of their shift. No prescriptions can be filled on time because there are not enough employees to perform all the necessary tasks required in the pharmacy. CVS seems more worried about sales than meeting customer expectations. Phone never stops ringing with angry customers, can't answer it half the time anyway since I'm always dealing with a line of customers in the store. Just wears you out mentally and physically after so long. I can go on and on but I think you get the picture.

mt5849 in Fort Mill, South Carolina

1 month ago

After reading all these comments about CVS, I am terrified of my job interview on Friday! I have no experience as a pharm tech but I have been wanting to get into this field FOREVER! I was so excited when I finally got a call to work in the pharmacy after trying for a few years now. I am a college student working on a bachelors degree in something unrelated but that I also would love to do. I am worried now because I really wanted this and now after all this hoping and praying, I am afraid it will not be what I wanted at all.

mt5849 in Fort Mill, South Carolina

1 month ago

Any idea what the pay is for a pharm tech in sc with no experience and no certification?

Page:  « First « Previous   7  8  9  10   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.