Certification Exam~ Phlebotomy

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 133 of 133)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

Certified Phlebotomist in Maryville, Tennessee

37 months ago

It will not let me put ISBN numbers in, but Barnes and Nobel has a fantastic phlebotomy book and exam book that goes almost word for word to the exam they give! Check it out!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Becky in Maumee, Ohio

37 months ago

I would like to be trained in phlebotomy. Can someone please tell me how to go about doing this. I don't want to spend alot of time in school. I hear there are short term training classes for this.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

JESUSIS09 in Water Valley, Mississippi

36 months ago

Kelly in Hesperia, California said: Not be be rude or anything, but your Teacher should have made sure you passed that test..Everyone in my class passed the test..What do you think you need he

HI I HAVE TO TAKE A MEDICAL LAB TECH ASSITANT BASICALLY ELBOTOMY I HAD A BOMB TEACHER SO I WAS WONDERING IF U COULD HELP ME WITH WHAT GOING TO BE ON THE TEST I REALLY NEED HELP PERHAPS DO U STILL HAVE UR STUDY GUIDE

Don't judge wont be judged in Blue Springs, Missouri

36 months ago

joey in Moreno Valley, California said: you realy need to take a spelling class first...

You do as well"really"

Susan Figueroa in Compton, California

35 months ago

Magnolia in North Hollywood, California said: Hi Everyone!

I am confused regarding LFS and NCCT.

I just took the test for Phlebotomy Technician Test at NCCT today and I passed. They have all my documents already so I just need to wait the certification in the mail.

Once I received the certification from NCCT. WHAT I need to do next? Do I need to apply for LFS too? I am sorry, I am not from California really and I just took my course in a hospital so there is no really guidance form my instructor unlike if you attend a short program.

Please help

=============================
hello, if you Go to this website it give a step by step, it helped me.

www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/lfs/documents/phlebhowtotable.pdf

I am going to take my test on January 12th, can you give me some pointers on what to expect? Please email me suefigueroa73@yahoo.com with any helpful hints you might have. thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

adonai in Methuen, Massachusetts

34 months ago

Can someone tells me if the Phlebotomy state test in MA comes with knowledge part and the clinical part, as CNA state test is. When I said clinical I mean practice part.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

adriana alfaro in La Puente, California

33 months ago

thecropchick in baltimore, Maryland said: Is the national exam hard?

i need help to pass my test

AStar.T in Houston, Texas

33 months ago

Hello I'm making plans to take the state exam so kelly would there be anyway I could go those packets as well I'll pay for them or would there be anyway for you to scan them to your computer and email them to me @missastar_18@yahoo.com plz let me know what you can do.

froggman in Los Angeles, California

31 months ago

I took the course and got my paper showing i finished my clinical for the class about 1 1/2 years ago. would i still be able to take the National and state exams or do I have to retake the course and clinical again?

Ten in Hampton, Virginia

30 months ago

Hello everyone,
I took my nha phlebotomy exam in march 1 of 2012! Its been a month and I still haven't recieved my result. Anyone please help me! What should be the next step to do? Why it's taking longer than 30 days?

Melissa Mota in Pacoima, California

30 months ago

Kelly in Hesperia, California said: ooops studied lol

kelly where can I get this study book?

Ten in Newport News, Virginia

30 months ago

U can get study book from nhabow.com

cindytalaviera@gmail.com

30 months ago

Where do I go Take the phlebotomy test

Gherlee in Montgomery, Illinois

30 months ago

Ten in Hampton, Virginia said: Hello everyone,
I took my nha phlebotomy exam in march 1 of 2012! Its been a month and I still haven't recieved my result. Anyone please help me! What should be the next step to do? Why it's taking longer than 30 days?

IM ON SCHED TO TAKE THIS PHLEBOTOMY CERTIFICATION EXAM ON THE 18TH. BUT ASKING PEOPLE ADVICE BECAUSE WE FOUND OUT NHA IS NOT ACCREDITED AND WEVE ASKED FEW HOSPITALS HERE IN MONTGOMERY, IL N THEY SAID THEY WILL NOT ACKNOWLEDGE NHA. HAVE YOU TRIED CALLING OR GOING TO THEIR SITE?

Gherlee in Montgomery, Illinois

30 months ago

Becky in Maumee, Ohio said: I would like to be trained in phlebotomy. Can someone please tell me how to go about doing this. I don't want to spend alot of time in school. I hear there are short term training classes for this.

MY ADVISE - DO NOT GO TO A CHEEPY SCHOOL LIKE I DID. ID RATHER GO TO COMMUNITY COLLEGE -ITS A LITTLE LONGER BUT WORTH IT BECAUSE YOU WILL GET THE RIGHT AMOUNT OF CLINICAL AND HANDS ON COMPARE TO A SMALL TRAINING CENTER LIKE I WENT .. SHE DID NOT TRAIN US TO TAKE BLOOD N TOLD US TO JUST LOOK AT THE BOOK AND DONT CALL HER UNLESS WE HAVE BLOOD IN THE SYRINGE OR VACUTANER.. TERIBBLE!

john in San Jose, California

30 months ago

I think most phlebotomy prefer you have take the exam at the NCCT.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Melissa Mota in Pacoima, California

30 months ago

Yes my teacher says that we have to take it with the NCCT!

lesley in Dallas, Texas

28 months ago

Has anyone taken the ASCP EXAM?

Amanda in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

27 months ago

John in San Jose, California said: Kelly
Ty so much for your reply. I am doing my Extern right now, secondly it the holiday coming up.. So am planing to take in jan 2011. NCCT ask your for the test site code, when I call ncct, they told me to ask the school . So when i call the school, they ask me to call NCCT? so am lost.. lol..

Hey! Can you e-mail me the study guide that Kelly sent you please! I am getting ready to take Phlebotomy and want to have the study guide from now so when the time comes I can take the exam right away! amandamendoza0910@gmail.com Thanks!

john in San Jose, California

27 months ago

Amanda in Fort Lauderdale, Florida said: Hey! Can you e-mail me the study guide that Kelly sent you please! I am getting ready to take Phlebotomy and want to have the study guide from now so when the time comes I can take the exam right away! amandamendoza0910@gmail.com Thanks!

Kelly didn't sent me anything to study guide. I keep emailing her but no reply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

lindsay

24 months ago

Kelly in Hesperia, California said: Awwww I have to go get copies and send them out and it cost me, so I cant keep sending them out =[ Im sorry..

kelley im close by to Hesperia, just off the 210 would you be willing to met me so that i could make copies of your packets

yoyokhexp in North Hollywood, California

24 months ago

//i am currently an M.A.X. student in kaplan north hollywood, and as of the october 2012, the order of draw that i am learning goes as follows:

.Sterile yellow-(8 inversions) additive: SPS [sodium polyanethol sulfonate]

.light blue-(inversions 3-4) additive: sodium citrate

.plain red-(inversions 0) additive: N/A

.gold/speckle top/tiger top-(inversions 5) additive: clot activators and gel for serum separation/ SST [serum separator tube]

.green-(inversions 8) additive: sodium heparin

.lavender-(inversions 8) additive: E.D.T.A.

.gray-(inversions 8) additive: potassium oxalate/sodium fluoride.

\\if anyone can help (preferably sometime within the next 24 hours) me with the the tests done in each tube, that would be pretty rad of you......... hahaha i just realized, rad, radiation, xray student, BAzing, i kill me.

hope this helps anyone in the near future, and thanks for your time. -yoyokhexp-

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

yoyokhexp in North Hollywood, California

24 months ago

this one (comment/post), is going to have the tests done on each tube as well as the specimens.

respectively in this order: Specimen/test

.Sterile yellow- Whole blood/ blood culture

.light blue- Plasma/ coagulation test

.plain red- Serum/ chemistry, serology, blood bank

.gold/speckle top/tiger top- Serum/ most chemistry tests

.green- Plasma/ STAT chemistry tests, ammonia electrolytes, ABG's [artirial blood gas], depending on heparin additive

.lavender- Whole Blood/ CBC [complete blood count], sedimentation rate

.gray- Plasma/ Lactic acid measurement, glucose tolerance test, FBS [fasting blood sugar], blood alcohol levels

-yoyokhexp-

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Babymomma13 in Trenton, Michigan

17 months ago

Certified Phlebotomist in Maryville, Tennessee said: It will not let me put ISBN numbers in, but Barnes and Nobel has a fantastic phlebotomy book and exam book that goes almost word for word to the exam they give! Check it out!!!

What's the book called

tangeladantzler in Jackson, Mississippi

14 months ago

Hello i am lookn to take my phlebotomy exam were can i get the exam book from and where in Jackson I can take the test do anyone have the number please email me tangeladantzler@yahoo.com

Diaz1122 in El Cajon, California

11 months ago

tamara38me said: i just finished my course and our instructor taught us this for remembering the order of color:
Yellow Birds Really Get Good Light Always

Y=yellow sps tube (bld culture test)
B=lt. blue tube
R=red tub
G=sst tube
G=gray tube
L=lavendar tube
A=all other tubes.

This order of color was what was in our text book. I'm not saying it's correct, I haven't gotten a job out there yet, but I do know this is what the text books are showing now. I hope this helps someone.

We learned the OOD this way:

Yucky Boys rarely get lovely Girls

Yellow
Blue
Reds
Green
Lavender
Grey
I have never seen a Grey go before a Lavender not in any textbook, lab sheet or anything.

mstowers in Delaware, Ohio

7 months ago

Kelly in Hesperia, California said: My teacher gave be 3 or 4 packets and I TOTALLY studied then and seriously almost all the question in those packets where on that test..

Hi Kelly, I just read your above posting and you sound so nice and helpful. I was wondering if you could copy the national exam phlebotomy packet for me too? I will be happy to send you money for using your ink and paper. Also, I am in Ohio. It's a National test, so I would think it's the same test? Do you think so too? Oh gosh, I just looked at your posting date and I see your posting was over 3 years ago, wow. Do you still even have your exam packet? I just finished Phlebotomy school and I would very much appreciate your help with the exam and any advice you have too. I hope you have a great job in Phlebotomy and that you're enjoying it too :) Thank you so much for your response. Marilyn

7 months ago

Susan Figueroa in Compton, California said: =============================
hello, if you Go to this website it give a step by step, it helped me.

www.cdph.ca.gov/programs/lfs/documents/phlebhowtotable.pdf

I am going to take my test on January 12th, can you give me some pointers on what to expect? Please email me suefigueroa73@yahoo.com with any helpful hints you might have. thanks

Hello, I just saw your posting and I was wondering if you knew if the above linked that you posted is true for all states? I'm located in Ohio. Thank you so much for your time and response. Marilyn

7 months ago

Hello, Does anyone know how many chances you have to pass a schools "practical" final exam? I passed the written exam, but my anxiety was so high doing the practical exam, I flunked :( I immediately knew what I did wrong, but it was to late. I really need to pass to get the certificate and then the National Certification for employment. Please help. Thank you for your replies.

lonig650 in Sacramento, California

3 months ago

Does anyone know of the BEST study material in order to pass the the NHA exam?? Im in the process of studying and don't want to study something that wont be on the exam.
I'm in California. Thank you so much to whomever responds.

Maria in Merchantville, New Jersey

1 month ago

Kelly in Hesperia, California said: Thats not the order I learned..here is what I learned...

yellow (sps)
Blue (Sodium Citrate)
Red gold or tiger top(Serum Tubes)
Green (Heparin)
Lavender/pink (EDTA)
Gray (Potassium Oxalate)
Yellow (ACD)

Kelly Please send me the Package to Study!!.....Please.....Having a hard time....This is my email....angelmaria430@hotmail.com....Please....THANK YOU....

Maria in Merchantville, New Jersey

1 month ago

Can anyone Please Help Me pass the national Philbotomy Test....Please....What is on that test that I need to study?......Please!!

Erica in Gretna, Louisiana

11 days ago

Hi! Is anyone certified for Phlebotomy in Louisiana? Do they have a two part test? Do I need to be state and Nationally certified in the state of Louisiana? What can I expect with the test?,ANY HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED!!!!! TIA!

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3   

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.