Different places to apply for a phlebotomy job

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (101 to 150 of 167)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

thecropchick in baltimore, Maryland

78 months ago

The economy is in the tank right now, so not to many industires are hiring!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Alicia in Windsor Mill, Maryland

78 months ago

I lost my job a month ago due to profit loss of the company I was working for.It was a small company though.I dont realy know if the hospitals are affected yet.When you think about it there is going to be a trickle down effect.There is always going to be sick people but, with alot of people lossing ther jobs,they lose their medical coverage and cant aford to go to the Dr.I got the baltimore sun this weekend and looked in the job section and they had about 30 jobs listed.People are trying very hard to hold onto there jobs.People arent vacating jobs like before because they know now is not the time.I antisapate that my job hunt be harder. There is not that many jobs listed,more compatision and some of the jobs are not suitalbe for me example: St Agnes is always hiring for every other weekend positions.Who can live with only working four days out of the month.Red Cross is hiring if you have transportion and are willing to drive to differant locations.You can temp but, if your like me and are receiving unemployment you dont want to give up one steady income for something that is unsure(meaning you dont know how often you will actualy be working)I have faith though and I know God has always blessed me to give me and my family what we need.Have a blessed day

78 months ago

I looked at the Red Cross web site Alicia. I didn't see anything?

c mcnabb in Chicago, Illinois

78 months ago

I POSTED A COMMENT 7MONTHS AGO WELL I'M STILL LOOKING FOR THAT PHLEBOTOMY POSITION, ITS BEEN A LONG JOURNEY BUT I WILL HANG IN THERE, I AM CURRENTLY STILL UNEMPLOYED, IF ANYONE KNOWS OF ANY POSITIONS IN THE CHICAGO, OR SOUTH SUBURBS,PLEASE LET ME KNOW strivingforsuccess2@hotmail.com

78 months ago

I just scearch msn jobs. There are 10 phlebotomy jobs in the Chicago area

78 months ago

CROPCHICK
I am not in Chi-town so that dosent help me.I thought you where in Baltimore MD also.

78 months ago

I saw that on craigslist.

P.S Sorry,I saw something you posted and thought you wre talking to me and responded.I forget just because it comes in my email dosent mean its in response to me.

Neddle Stix in Joliet, Illinois

78 months ago

I have been a Phlebotmist for five years I really enjoy doing it, but It is sometimes a thankless job you are at the bottom of the food chain so to speak in healthcare . People expect you to have great skills and if you falter you are an idiot reguardless of the pts. veins , wgt, age etc... My sugesstion to anyone that wants to be a phleb use this as a stepping stone to further you education.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

MC in Wichita Falls, Texas

77 months ago

I AM ALSO TRYING TO GET A PHLEBOTOMY JOB. BUT WITHOUT A YEAR OF EXPERIENCE...NO ONE WILL HIRE ME. ANY ADVISE?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

harv_ster1111 in Jacksonville, Florida

77 months ago

Try applying at plasma centers and blood banks maybe even red cross

Debby in Suisun City, California

77 months ago

I hope I can pull that off in California.

Debby in Suisun City, California

77 months ago

I hope I can pull that off in CA

77 months ago

Good Luck

Phlelb2 in Pa in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

77 months ago

hi all well for thoses experienced phelbs looking for work try the prison health system but if you under 35yrs don't apply they prefer older experience plelp.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

77 months ago

That's quite ok Phlelb2. I don't think I want to be around prisoners with needles in my hands only for them to turn around and stab me!!!!!!

Sorry, but I value my life

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jeremy in Marietta, Georgia

77 months ago

I got my phlebotomy certificate in June of 2006 and i have been looking for a job in the field ever since last year, i gave up because it felt like beating a dead horse. I have started school again to be a x-ray tech and started my search for a phlebotomy job again but this time i WONT give up. I cant give up because i realize that i need to get my foot in the door NOW if not it will be EVEN HARDER to get a job after graduation. I live in cartersville and i drove all the way to the red cross in atlanta only to find out that they do "on-line" apps, i have tried my local hospital but after reading the comments i have some new things to try as far as local jails and 24 hour minor clinics. i will also try to contact a hospital and speak with a supervisor. Atlanta is where i really need to be i think the city has more opportunities and better pay. if anyone has any more suggestions would you please help me out, i feel like i have been walking in circles until im about to puke!

77 months ago

Good luck Jeremy!

MEDI in Hialeah, Florida

77 months ago

Desperatley Seeking a Phlebotomy JOB in MIAMI, FL
Hi Everyone. I need some help or maybe some direction. I just recently got my certificate of phlebotomy, but i am not able to find a job. Everyone wants experience. How can i get experience if no one wants to take a chance with. This is very fustrating. I am got a this yet no one wants to take a chance. I don't even get called for interviews. I apply and apply and nothing. HELP HELP I am in Miami. Please please someone giveme a chance. I have only gotten i interview from about 50 application that i filled out. I was a little hopeful, but i seems that i did not get the job because i have not heard back. HELP HELP HELP.. I am in miami.

Cindy Ann in Thousand Oaks, California

75 months ago

Mande in Washington Court House, Ohio said: HI all

I was wondering if any of you know any good "rapid" programs for my Phlebotomy Certification? By rapid I mean JUST classes for Phlebotech and not anything unneeded, if that makes sense! Thanks! blue7goddess @ yahoo.com

Look for a training program through Kaiser/Permanente. I finish in a week and I love it (I'm in Southern CA) 9 weeks Mon/Weds/Fri and 3 week extern

Bryan in Rancho Cucamonga, California

75 months ago

Cindy Ann in Thousand Oaks, California said: Look for a training program through Kaiser/Permanente. I finish in a week and I love it (I'm in Southern CA) 9 weeks Mon/Weds/Fri and 3 week extern

You finished Phlebotomy course thru Kaiser in 1 week? WOW. Can you please provide more info ? Kaiser's location in Southern Ca? Cost of this program?

Thanks

ashleyrenee in Louisiana

75 months ago

Hello ia am a recent phlebotomy student who can not find a job. Can anyone help me. I am in need of a job. The only experience that i have is my 100+ venipunctures and my clinical experience. I am certified through NHA. Somebody please help me find a job. Any pointers would begreatly appreciated i am in need of a job. I am from a little small town in Louisiana and can not find work. I am very hard working,dedicated,easy going and easy to train. Someone out there please hear me out. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

Lillian in Snellville in Lithonia, Georgia

75 months ago

Regina in Atlanta, Georgia said: Hey Shane:
Thank yo so much for your comment. I really appreciate it! I do know it is hard these days to get a job right out of school. Call Gwinnett County Hospital and ask to speak to Rhonda Hairston in the lab. See if she has something even part time for you. Tell her Regina said to call.

Hey Regina can I use your naame as well my name is Lillian and I live in Gwinnett Couny.

74 months ago

1 week training course? Doesn't seem like you could learn everything you need in that short of time

lucy perez in greenville, South Carolina

74 months ago

Looking for phlebotomy training in greenville sc,the anyone knows a place wheare the course its cheap,please email me @ przlcy@yahoo.com with any inf thx lucy.

rockbottom in Hesperia, California

74 months ago

it took me 9 months to get a job after i was a CMA and an ASCP phlebotomist---no hire without experience no experience without job--but an HR person had pity on me when i begged for just a chance--i said fire me anytime with no reason if u want but i need a chance---it worked and have been in all types of assisted medical positions---i will admit i like phlebotomy best--in good at it--practically painless and can hit infants and geriatrics--btw this was in 97 so ive been in it for about 10 years--just dont give up i did an interview a day for 9 months untill i got lucky

rockbottom in Hesperia, California

74 months ago

btw i had to have 1000 sticks in order to grandfather into ASCP--so with a hundred you wont even qualify for State or national Certs--just school certs which are practically worthless---i had years of experience B4 they changed the law and i still had a hard time-------they make it hard to get certified nowdays---9 month courses seem to be the lower limit

Deborah in Monrovia, California

72 months ago

Bryan in Rancho Cucamonga, California said: You finished Phlebotomy course thru Kaiser in 1 week? WOW. Can you please provide more info ? Kaiser's location in Southern Ca? Cost of this program?

Thanks

hi bryan, did you find a job yet?

72 months ago

Thanks for the words of encouragement Rock!

Megan in State College, Pennsylvania

68 months ago

Hello, I finished my phlebotomy class. I also finished my internship at out local hospital, but they arent hiring, even though they said I was a "natural" at blood draws. Im currently waiting on my certification, then I will be taking my national in December. My problem with finding a job in phlebotomy, is that I live in a VERY small town, where our next town is 30 minutes away. Ive applied at Quest, and Labcorp. As well as some other hospitals, but it doesnt help that I dont have my certification yet, as most require the numbers. I dont mind relocating (after December, I wont mind relocating to another state if needed). Any ideas on what else I could do? The only experience I have is the 40 hours at the hospital and class room. Thank you for any ideas you may have. And to all that are looking for a job in the field, good luck!

Regina, Lithonia GA in Athens, Georgia

68 months ago

You should tell the supervisor of the hospital that you interned that you are available to volunteer in the lab on weekends or whenever you are available. Maybe cleaning slides or doing cultures. Also check to see if they will hire you on an as-needed basis. Let me know how it goes!

Carrie Gentry in Indianapolis, Indiana

67 months ago

HI, I have been seriously considering taking a phlebotoist course from MedTech College in Indianapolis. Does anyone have experience with this school? What did you think? would this be a beneficial route to take to enter into the medical field? Thanks for any help!

Carrie Gentry in Indianapolis, Indiana

67 months ago

Carrie Gentry in Indianapolis, Indiana said: HI, I have been seriously considering taking a phlebotoist course from MedTech College in Indianapolis. Does anyone have experience with this school? What did you think? would this be a beneficial route to take to enter into the medical field? Thanks for any help!

Obviously I can't type, that should be phlebotomist!

marcholb

66 months ago

no corporate robot here NO WAY in North Carolina said: CONGRADULATIONS TO
YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as of today i am a new employee with labcorp as a pst/rover!! KUDOS TO ME!!! it took me since 2004 to get on!! but in my and their defence...i was in two different states at the time that probably got two different human resources than the one that has hired me today in north carolina WHOOOO HOOOO!!!!

please tell me how much money they start you out at cause i cant figure it out for nothing i have researched and called and still cantget anywhere.

Mo Nicole in Buffalo, New York

66 months ago

Hi! I have been working as a Phlebotomist for my local healthcare system for almost 5 years. I have been trying to relocate to the RTP/Greensboro/Burlington, North Carolina area for almost 2 years and I am constantly getting the same response, "we need for you to start asap." Ok, I understand that completely but I am not going to just quit my job without giving a two week notice (at least). I have applied to Labcorp, Quest, Moses Cone, Spectrum Lab, and some others (I just cannot remember their names). I really need some advice if anyone can give any. I don't believe in giving up, but this is very stressful for me.

becca in Oakley, California

64 months ago

Hello,
My name is Becca and I have been a Funeral Director/Embalmer for 8 years and I also have been through the Medical Assisting program.. I have enrolled in a Phlebotomy school its only 4 weeks and I was wordering if I would be able to get a job and should I start applying now

Thanks

Beth in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

61 months ago

claudia holland in Atlanta, Georgia said: i am currently looking for a job in phlebotomy.

No Claudia, I worked and got paid with On Assignment. I landed the job with Labcorp because of the experience I gained as a volunteer ( of 2 years) It did not happen by pushing my way in. Labcorp does not put up with a lot of stuff, you have it or you don't; that's just the way it is with them.

shanni in Atlanta, Georgia

59 months ago

i just recently moved to Atlanta and need to know the best places to get hired fast as a phlebotomist with only two years experience. regina if you see this post email me some of your contacs PLEASE!!!

realestategina in Decatur, Georgia

59 months ago

shanni in Atlanta, Georgia said: i just recently moved to Atlanta and need to know the best places to get hired fast as a phlebotomist with only two years experience. regina if you see this post email me some of your contacs PLEASE!!!

Hey Shanni
I have been out of the phlebotomy loop for a while now. The only person that I can think of right now is Barry Decreek. He has a staffing company and employs phlebotomist. Google his name and his info should come up. I hope this information helps.
Regina

ClinicalLabCoordinator in Salt Lake City, Utah

58 months ago

I am a Clinical Lab and Phlebotomy Co Ordinator in SLC Ut for a HUGE Health Care Hospital Company called IHC. I am constantly looking for phlebotomists with and without experience. I also teach a nationally accredited Phlebotomy Course here in UT as well. If you have any questions, Id love to offer advice or help you along in your searches.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Theressa in Charlotte, North Carolina

57 months ago

I have been searching for a Phlebotomy position for over a year now. Everyone says you need at least 1 yr experience...& now they have added 1 yr "paid" experience. For 6 months now I have volunteered at 2 of the local free Clinics here & draw 50+ people daily plus perform various tests...still to no avail. I love working with the patients & to receive compliments of "not hurting" them keeps me pushing forward. I have applied at the local Hospitals, Blood Banks, & Labs in the area. If you can offer any other advice on how to obtain a position, I would greatly appreciate it. Honestly I think it's WHO you know & not what you know. Maybe it's time to relocate.
Please feel free to e~mail me @ theressah08@yahoo.com

diborrah in Greensboro, North Carolina

57 months ago

ClinicalLabCoordinator in Salt Lake City, Utah said: I am a Clinical Lab and Phlebotomy Co Ordinator in SLC Ut for a HUGE Health Care Hospital Company called IHC. I am constantly looking for phlebotomists with and without experience. I also teach a nationally accredited Phlebotomy Course here in UT as well. If you have any questions, Id love to offer advice or help you along in your searches.

can you leave me your email so i can contact you by email?

Annie in Riverdale, Georgia

54 months ago

The Clinical Lab and Phlebotomy Co Ordinator in SLC Ut for IHC cud u email me as well ur info address..I got questions

heavenly.robert in washington D.C. in Washington, District of Columbia

49 months ago

Hi,my name is Robert,I'm a four year Nursing Assistant at The Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center(Washington D.C.)I have three Fully sucessful evaluations and one outstanding.I'm a certified Phlebotomist,studied at Howard University.My clinicals were performed at the V.A.I am also EKG certified.The skills I've learned,I can't do at the V.A.(I don't know why)They will not allow me to do anything else but Nursing assistant.I also have several letters from patients or their family members that are saying how I go above and beyond my job description to make sure their comfortable and needs meet.Upward mobility is not here.Can someone PLEASE offer me a better career in the Medical Field that appreciates higher learning with a chance for advancment.

PHLEBOTEK in Chicago, Illinois

48 months ago

If anyone is interested in a phlebotomy position please apply at www.phlebotek.com.

We are a nationwide staffing agency concentrating solely on phlebotomy. If you are looking for a part time or full time job we can help!!!!!!

selmaangie@yahoo.com in Burbank, California

47 months ago

thanks for all the comment i have been a phlebotomist with quest for fifteen years and i tranfur from alamba to riverside california i have been trying to ge back with quest for the last two month but no one in riverside will give me a chance and i dont no who to call but i will not give up i will surch the hospital

D Patty Guevara in Miami, Florida

47 months ago

Hi Regina,
I graduated as a Phlebotomy Tech last year in August.

I still have been unable to find a job in this field.
I was happy to read everyones info related to these jobs. Especially to know that Quest Diagnostics hires for specimen assistants if u don't have experience in drawing blood. I live downhere in kendall(miami) florida. I currently work for the library system for the past several years. I am also a CNA but have stayed with the library for many years due to the pay.
If u have any info as to CNA jobs or Phlebotomy jobs or any advice I'd gladly appreciate the advice. I'll check out the red cross about phlebotomy jobs without experience. I am a single mom of 3 kids so i am looking for jobs also from 9-5 pm no evenings or weekends.

Thanks again and let me know.

Regina Wilcox in Stone Mountain, Georgia said: When I used to be in the phlebotomy field, I enjoyed many different opportunities in the art of collecting blood, urine and saliva.
People new into the field should check out all the local jails and also the state penitentiary if there is one in your city. You should call and find out if the work in the medical area of the jail is contracted out and then find out who has the contract. Contact that person to see if there are any positions that may fit your skills.
Also, I worked for Quest Diagnostics and you should try LabCorp as well.
For some of the seasoned phlebotomist, why not try your hand at teaching at one of the technical schools that offer phlebotomy training.
For those that don't have that 6 months to a years experience, do what I did...I contacted the hospital that I really really wanted a job and spoke to the supervisor of the shift that wanted to work. I convinced the supervisor to hire me because they could train me just like they wanted to and without any prior phlebotomy experience I did not have any "bad habits"
Anyway, I hope that this advice helps.

Jwitttia in Racine, Wisconsin

46 months ago

Hey all, I got a question, if I was trained in a hospital setting in wisconsin and I achieved a phlebotomy certificate, can I use that certificate to apply for a license in the state of california?

Dr. Gillani in Alpharetta, Georgia

43 months ago

shanni in Atlanta, Georgia said: i just recently moved to Atlanta and need to know the best places to get hired fast as a phlebotomist with only two years experience. regina if you see this post email me some of your contacs PLEASE!!!

I am looking for a part time phlebotomist in Alpharetta, GA to be hired right away. Please email me at drgillani@naturalhealthatlanta.com if you are interested.

Leanna Steward in Delaware, Ohio

43 months ago

D Patty Guevara in Miami, Florida said: Hi Regina,
I graduated as a Phlebotomy Tech last year in August.

I still have been unable to find a job in this field.
I was happy to read everyones info related to these jobs. Especially to know that Quest Diagnostics hires for specimen assistants if u don't have experience in drawing blood. I live downhere in kendall(miami) florida. I currently work for the library system for the past several years. I am also a CNA but have stayed with the library for many years due to the pay.
If u have any info as to CNA jobs or Phlebotomy jobs or any advice I'd gladly appreciate the advice. I'll check out the red cross about phlebotomy jobs without experience. I am a single mom of 3 kids so i am looking for jobs also from 9-5 pm no evenings or weekends.

Thanks again and let me know.

hey i am in the same boat as u D Patty i also graduated in august of 2010 have my stna and am a single mom of 2 kids regina if you could also help me out that would be great and also patty if u find something out i was wondering if u could tell me also. my email adress is lelestew@yahoo.com, i live in delaware, ohio. someone also told me that a medical assistants hardest job is phlebotomy so they told me to try to apply for those types of jobs also. thanks c-ya.

Leanna Steward in Delaware, Ohio

43 months ago

ClinicalLabCoordinator in Salt Lake City, Utah said: I am a Clinical Lab and Phlebotomy Co Ordinator in SLC Ut for a HUGE Health Care Hospital Company called IHC. I am constantly looking for phlebotomists with and without experience. I also teach a nationally accredited Phlebotomy Course here in UT as well. If you have any questions, Id love to offer advice or help you along in your searches.

hi my name is leanna steward and i recieved my phlebotomy license august of 2010 and am having trouble finding a job due to lack of experience. i live in delaware, ohio, can u please help me? my e-mail address is lelestew@yahoo.com

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.