Does anyone know where I can volunteer as a Phlebotomist and/or Medical Assistant in the Middlesex County area?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (3)

Sakena in Piscataway, New Jersey

53 months ago

I have been trying to apply for jobs as a Medical Assistant and/or a Phlebotomist. I do not have my Medical Assistant Certification yet but I do have my Phlebotomy Certification, however, everywhere I apply to requires that you have 1+ year experience. I want to just volunteer or something in order to show experience so that I may qualify for a job. Does anyone know where I can go or have any suggestions that can help me?

sakenaedmonds@msn.com

Thank you.
Sakena

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

LC in Cleveland, Ohio

53 months ago

Guide

It's not easy volunteering to draw blood. Someplace like the Red Cross will have you do everything but that, so you may be directing donors to the cookies and juice. But it still can look good on your resume that you assisted at many blood drives.
If there is a free clinic in your area, then you can try applying there. Another thing you can do is contact former teachers and program directors to assist you in finding places to volunteer at.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Sakena in Piscataway, New Jersey

53 months ago

LC in Cleveland, Ohio said: It's not easy volunteering to draw blood. Someplace like the Red Cross will have you do everything but that, so you may be directing donors to the cookies and juice. But it still can look good on your resume that you assisted at many blood drives.
If there is a free clinic in your area, then you can try applying there. Another thing you can do is contact former teachers and program directors to assist you in finding places to volunteer at.

Thank you so much for the advise.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.