Entry Level Phlebotomy

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (4)

ball in Cleveland, Ohio

55 months ago

I am taking a Phlebotomy class 5 wks in length full time. I was wondering if anyone knew about any jobs that hire entry level Phlebotomist in the Cleveland, Ohio area. Alot of places I have seen require a 2yr experience or more, Should I still apply? If anyone knows any information that might help me in getting a carrer after completeing my course please respond.
Thanks,
Christie

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

CDJ in Barberton, Ohio

29 months ago

Ive been out of class since February 2012, havent even gotten a interview, the school suppose to help, but it has not been successful, I hear that when you get your certification it will be much easier, allot of places are looking for ones that are certified.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Michael in Blytheville, Arkansas

29 months ago

I worked as a Phlebotmist for 8 years, the best thing to do is make sure the school has a good internship program and if nothing else try volunteering. You should try to get a job as soon as possible because employers think you lose your skills.

www.theworkingbee.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

CDJ in Akron, Ohio

29 months ago

Ive tried to a couple of hospitals, but they wouldnt have me volunteer for a phlebotomist, it could be something like a tray person- someone who would bring the patients meals to their rooms, or answering the phones at the information desk.
I'll be taking my certification the end of this month,hopefully I'll see some changes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.