Getting started after receiving Phlebotomy certificate

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 122)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Cathy in Gardiner, Maine

72 months ago

I've completed my course in Phlebotomy and received a certificate. How are you supposed to get a job as a Phlebotomist, when no one is willing to hire you even as a trainee or to have an apprentice type position to start to see if you could do the job?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (298) / No (49) Reply - Report abuse

SOLO in East Haven, Connecticut

69 months ago

I know this s#@% is f%$*ed up they don't tell you this s$^t when you pay your 100$ for the test where do we go from here how the hell did everyone else get hired at one point everyone was new

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (53) / No (17) Reply - Report abuse

Katie in Ferndale, Michigan

65 months ago

Cathy in Manchester, Maine said: I have,since my training,applied over and over, even to some of the same places. No response or "no thank you" at this time. Since then I have noticed numerous ads for these same jobs. That tells me,that those with the experience don't have a work ethic or aren't any good. Guess all that experience hasn't helped the employer has it?! I guess my AGE wasn't a factor...right??

I'm in Michigan, I finished my phlebotomy training over a year ago. I was able to work for about 7 months within Quest diagnostics as a temp, making right around $11, and working less than 30 hours a week on average. I could not live on that...assignments dried up in January as Quest downsized and put a lot of their permanenet employees on part time. I have not worked in over 2 months and am considering now going back to school, this time to a school that has job placement assistance, which my program did not.

It was not a horrible investment though. My course was 12 weeks and only cost $850 but I too am in that grey area where I have some experince, but not enough, certainly not enough to work in a hospital which is where the big money is. I looked into traveling insurance exams but one company paid only $16 per exam and no money for gas/millage.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Barbie in Indianapolis, Indiana

64 months ago

Hi my name is Barbie. I live in Indianapolis. I am 45 years old and worked for Anthem 24 years and was laid off. Getting over the shock was overwelming enough. I wanted to try the other side of the field and took a course in phlebotomy and received my certificate. I have applied for multiple positions within hospitals and independent labs with absolutely NO LUCK. I have also not received any news, denials, etc. What can I do about this. I lost my parents and watched them frown when labs were drawn so I know I have alot of empathy towards patients. I can't find a job!!!! Any information anyone may have I would greatly appreciate it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (56) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

phlecebo in Riverside, California

64 months ago

So... I guess I shouldn't take the phlebotomy course.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (42) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

KR in Waterville, Maine

63 months ago

Cathy in Manchester, Maine said: I have,since my training,applied over and over, even to some of the same places. No response or "no thank you" at this time. Since then I have noticed numerous ads for these same jobs. That tells me,that those with the experience don't have a work ethic or aren't any good. Guess all that experience hasn't helped the employer has it?! I guess my AGE wasn't a factor...right??

Don't feel bad I have been a phlebotomist for 8yrs and have worked in a lab for 8yrs. and I can't even get a job with experience. Pretty funny!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

Capelle in Queens Village, New York

63 months ago

sueliz151 in Freehold, New Jersey said: Suzanne in NJ I have also completed a Phlebotomy Technician program and have received my certificate. I am unable to find a job due to "lack of experience". It is unbelievable!!!

Suzanne,try to get a slot in the hospital as a volunteer in the lab working with the phlebotomy techs,im in that same situation,im working as a volunteer,it helps and it is a foot in the door. Many hospitals have volunteer programs,so apply.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Pharmacy Tech in Lynchburg, Virginia

63 months ago

I am a Nationaly Certified Pharmacy Tech with a state liscense. It does me no good. Here in VA they do not pay much. Currently I am making 7.75 an hour. Good thing I live with my parents. I was looking at doing the Phlebotomy training thinking it would be better than Pharmacy Tech after reading this I do not know that it is a good idea.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

sueliz151@monmouth.com in Asbury Park, New Jersey

63 months ago

sueliz151 in Freehold, New Jersey said: Suzanne in NJ I have also completed a Phlebotomy Technician program and have received my certificate. I am unable to find a job due to "lack of experience". It is unbelievable!!!

From Suzanne:I have FINALLY gotten a job with LabCorp. I am very excited!!! Don't GIVE UP just keep on applying!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

forever in Baltimore, Maryland

63 months ago

Cathy in Gardiner, Maine said: I've completed my course in Phlebotomy and received a certificate. How are you supposed to get a job as a Phlebotomist, when no one is willing to hire you even as a trainee or to have an apprentice type position to start to see if you could do the job?

Cathy,
I am having trouble with the same problem. If you get any response to this question please let me know.
Forever

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

no one in Plainfield, New Jersey

63 months ago

Maybe consider volunteer work at a blood bank until you have enough experience. Thats my plan. By the way, www.indeed.com/ seems to be a good site for finding jobs.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Ralph in Atlanta in Atlanta, Georgia

62 months ago

Hello. Yes there are alot of clinics and companies other than hospitals that use phlebotomists i'm finding out. Even some insurance companies. Tho I feel you. It's still the point of them giving you a chance. I've just really started puttin in online apps to alot of places. I've heard you have a faster chance at clinics or red cross than a hospital. I'm testing that theory now. I'm in atlanta and its alot of competition.

Good Luck to you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Tammy in Washington, Oklahoma

62 months ago

I've been a phlebotomist for 5 years. I got started as an EMT and landed a job in the hospital with that credential. I know a lot of phlebotomist I worked with came from carter blood. They got their training there. Even though you are already trained you maybe able to get your experiance you need through the blood banks. Check your local blood banks. You may feel you are starting over but at least you can get your foot in the door. I'm looking for work also. There are just not alot of jobs right now.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Kimcl in Indianapolis, Indiana said: Barbie, have you had any luck in finding a job? I am getting ready to take the phlebotomy class at med tech. I have not worked in 7 years. and i have appllied to so many places. for just about anywhere. and so far i had not calls. i am 43 and when i was 16 i got any job i applied for. i hape i have better luck .

Yes, however I went back to Anthem. I just started back today! I had absolutely no luck finding one as a phlebotomist. This is sad because I was really looking forward to using my new skills. I would be good at it but no one would give me a chance. Good Luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

dee in Detroit, Michigan

62 months ago

I just feel that its waste bof time and money i have had this problem for 2 years and i put in so many applicatons its frustrating!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

no one in Plainfield, New Jersey

62 months ago

I've decided to enroll in a Pharmacy Technician Program instead. It takes about a month to complete and can be done at a local college. The costs I've seen range from $400 - $2000 but if you're unemployed you might qualify for a tuition waiver or voucher. Speak with yr local unemployment office or local community college. I have even found one school in my area offering it only. Here is some additional information I found in a local online newspaper while reading an article on becoming an Pharamcy Tech:

"According to labor statistics, "employment of pharmacy technicians is expected to increase by 32 percent from 2006 to 2016, which is much faster than average for all occupations." CareerOneStop lists pharmacy technician as one of the top 50 fastest growing professions in the U.S.

Due to the growing middle-aged and elderly populations as well as scientific advances, the need for skilled pharmacy technicians, who can fill the increasing demand for prescriptions, will continue to grow..." I hope this can help someone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

thecropchick in baltimore, Maryland

62 months ago

It's job security. GO FOR IT!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Kimcl in Indianapolis, Indiana

62 months ago

Barbie in Indianapolis, Indiana said: Yes, however I went back to Anthem. I just started back today! I had absolutely no luck finding one as a phlebotomist. This is sad because I was really looking forward to using my new skills. I would be good at it but no one would give me a chance. Good Luck to you!

Barbie
Where did you take the class at? I hope i get hired on somewhere.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Kimcl in Indianapolis, Indiana said: Barbie
Where did you take the class at? I hope i get hired on somewhere.

MedTech College in Greenwood

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Scrapbooker in Adrian, Michigan

62 months ago

I hear you all! I too completed a Phlebotomy course and received my certificate 8 months ago and have had no luck in finding employment. I've gotten no reply's on any applications! I'm losing hope...I only need part time employment now that all my children are grown and thought a new skill would bring me a new adventure! Well...I've consulted with a friend within the Phlebotomy field and she suggest starting with volunteering my services to get the experience and maybe my foot in the door somewhere. I plan to hold out a little longer!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

I am going to med tech too. i start next friday. Can you please fill me in on how the class works.
thanks kim

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

Sorry, I took Phlebotomy Tech...I'm not sure what all Med Tech entails...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joyce in Lynchburg, Virginia

62 months ago

I did the Pharmacy Tech thing. I had read the up and comings of the trade. It has proven not to be so. I am Nationally Certified and State Licensed and only make 7.75 an hour. If you are looking to support yourself or your family this has not proven to be that great to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

62 months ago

MedTech was a great school to go to for phlebotomy. I loved my teacher, her name was Joan. As a matter of fact, when I took my final I had to draw from her!! Talk about bein under pressure. Having to draw from the teacher on my final. The class was great. It is a pass/fail course. I really enjoyed class even at age 45! I would still like to get a job part time or weekends doing phlebotomy even thoug I had to go back to Anthem/Wellpoint.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jag

61 months ago

Cathy in Gardiner, Maine said: I've completed my course in Phlebotomy and received a certificate. How are you supposed to get a job as a Phlebotomist, when no one is willing to hire you even as a trainee or to have an apprentice type position to start to see if you could do the job?

I was wondering where u got ur certificate? if u can tell me please

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Wayno in Portsmouth, New Hampshire

61 months ago

forever in Baltimore, Maryland said: Cathy,
I am having trouble with the same problem. If you get any response to this question please let me know.
Forever

Cathy & others......I may have an avenue for you. Email me if interested. No, I'm not selling anything. Anyone know the location of the free Phlebotomy location in NYC?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

lucky in Flint, Michigan

60 months ago

I too am in the same boat. After graduating top of my class, there are no positions for entry-level phlebotomists.I even have my CNA,EKG and patient care tech certifications!Im also willing to relocate ANYWHERE, but no luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Im desperate!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

60 months ago

lucky in Flint, Michigan said: I too am in the same boat. After graduating top of my class, there are no positions for entry-level phlebotomists.I even have my CNA,EKG and patient care tech certifications!Im also willing to relocate ANYWHERE, but no luck. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Im desperate!

You have a CNA and haven't found a job? DANG?

blahh in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania

60 months ago

welcome to the healthcare industry....its flooded everywhere but Dr.'s and Nurses...im a nuclear tech graduate...havent ben able to find a job anywhere in a hospital not even as a phleb. its just the way things are...im going back to school like everyone else now...soon a BS degree wont even get u a job at mcdonalds....oh wait it dosent now.....cuz i cant even find a part time job....im in limbo between "not enough years experience" for a real job...and "over qualified" for crap jobs..........such is life now....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Lori, Metairie, LA in Metairie, Louisiana

60 months ago

I earned a ASPT certification last year...I have not found a job yet. Every application requires experience, I feel like the class was a waste of my time and money. I renewed my license, but did not attend the continuatin ed clase simply because, in my opinion it would have been a useless. I even spoke with a few supervisors about a phlebotimist position and explained them that we had to complete 100 veinipunctures and 25 finger pricks to become approved. However, that did not help in getting placed for employemnt...very disapointed.

Wayno in Port Orange, Florida

60 months ago

Phlebotomy jobs are growing, I have found many that are traveling, per diem, full time and part time. Doing clinics is a good way to secure "experience" and getting paid. Here are many links:

redstate.jobamatic.com/a/jobs/find-jobs/q-Mobile+Phlebotomist/l-Orlando%2C+FL/mi-50/sb-pd

www.myparamed.com/

www.superiormobilemedics.com/

www.uswellness.com/dt/pl/uw/jobboard.asp

www.healthsolutions.com/resources/careers.html

www..provanthealth.com/onsite_serv.html

www.phsmobile.com/

www.healthwatch.cc/company.html

www.kronoscompany.com/kronos.web.corporate/Contact_/Careers.aspx

careers.summithealth.com/

www.flushotsusa.com/

www.vsamerica.com/aboutus/docs/vsa-mr-tab1-80.htm

www.staywellhealthmanagement.com/about_employment.asp

www.aquilaltd.com/careers.htm

www..wellcall.com/products_onsite.html

www.questdiagnostics.com/brand/careers/index.html

www.flubusters.com/Nursing.html

www.imsbeta.com/

www.lsscreening.com/

www2.ultirecruit.com/MED1009/jobboard/Listjobs.aspx?Page=Browse&__VT=ExtCan)

www.hwinstitute.com/

www.lifelinescreening.com/careers/Pages/default.aspx

www.ltwell.com/health_fairs_screenings.htm

www.preceptgroup.com/company/careers/index.aspx

www.myecsinc.com/careers.aspx

www.healthfairsdirect.com/

www.lifehealthcorp.com/Home.aspx

www.midlandhealth.com/join.asp

centegra.org/OPage.asp?PageID=OTH000274

www.kershwellness.com/new/pages/Careers/Careers.aspx

www.examsplus.org/?PageType=4

www.hooperholmes.com/Aspx/Core/Core.HomePage.aspx?selMenuID=1&ParentID=1&NType=CONT&Module=Core

www.employeewellnessusa.com/about/team.html

www.careerbuilder.com/Jobs/Company/C8A59Q6X7NMPV0DDYGS/Medix-Staffing-Solutions-Inc/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

Monica in Brentwood, California

60 months ago

Thanks Wayno!!!!
I'll check out those websites. I've been trying to get a phlebotomy job for over a year! I was a stay at home mom for the past 4+ yrs, so it's been so difficult getting back into the workforce, but I see I'm not alone. I did finally get a job with Onsite Health, but it's only contract work. I reccomend that you all check out there website.
www.onsitehealth.com
I at least get to keep up my skills, and they have been great to work for!

Good luck everyone,
Monica

60 months ago

It also helps if the "compayn/hospital" is hiring for that position! Where I did mine, hirign freeze!

darindagreen@yahoo.com in Detroit, Michigan

59 months ago

I live in Detroit and I have had my certification for 2 years and I haven't found a job in this field yet. I came from a accredited school and I have put so many applications out there and no will hire me because I don't have the experience I even put in for blood banks and hospitals and I'm getting turned down, not to mention I paid for my class and I just fill like it is just a total rip off. I mean I know these Business got to know that the only way we will get experience as if they give us a chance and try us. This is absolutely depressing becausing I took the time out my schedule to take this course to better myself and it's like a knock in the face.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tammy in Lexington, Oklahoma

59 months ago

I know how you feel. I have 5 years experiance and cannot even get an interview. Sorry to be such a downer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

59 months ago

Barbie in Indianapolis, Indiana said: Hi my name is Barbie. I live in Indianapolis. I am 45 years old and worked for Anthem 24 years and was laid off. Getting over the shock was overwelming enough. I wanted to try the other side of the field and took a course in phlebotomy and received my certificate. I have applied for multiple positions within hospitals and independent labs with absolutely NO LUCK. I have also not received any news, denials, etc. What can I do about this. I lost my parents and watched them frown when labs were drawn so I know I have alot of empathy towards patients. I can't find a job!!!! Any information anyone may have I would greatly appreciate it.

Barbie.
I have a question when you took your course at med tech did they have you do an extern for a bit?
I took my class and am finished i am not havingany luckfinding a job. I talked to this lab and they said we should of done some kind of program like extern or clincals. I was not offered this at all.
thanks kim

mr

59 months ago

I just completed a phlebotomy program and externship in Arizona. I have been looking for a job, but everyone wants more experience than I have. It seems like there are several openings, but I never hear anything back. I want to keep the techniques I've learn sharp and I know I could learn. I just need an opportunity. Anybody got any help out there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

lkgfrjob in Arizona

59 months ago

I completed my externship in AZ in June and got my national certification (AMT) in August. I have been seriously looking since I got out of school. I have been to several job fairs and applying on-line like mad! 4.0 student did well in clinicals. Seriously, I do not hear back from anyone. Employer's want a minimum of 6 months to one year experience. I have had one serious interview and have not heard back. It is very tough out here! I may have to relocate to get the 6 mos. of experience. Good luck to you!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

interested in Canton, Michigan

59 months ago

Katie in Ferndale, Michigan said: I'm in Michigan, I finished my phlebotomy training over a year ago. I was able to work for about 7 months within Quest diagnostics as a temp, making right around $11, and working less than 30 hours a week on average. I could not live on that...assignments dried up in January as Quest downsized and put a lot of their permanenet employees on part time. I have not worked in over 2 months and am considering now going back to school, this time to a school that has job placement assistance, which my program did not.

It was not a horrible investment though. My course was 12 weeks and only cost $850 but I too am in that grey area where I have some experince, but not enough, certainly not enough to work in a hospital which is where the big money is. I looked into traveling insurance exams but one company paid only $16 per exam and no money for gas/millage.

Where did you go to scholl for $850??

shar in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

58 months ago

please do not waste your time in taking phlebotomy class,you will not get a job in the field. i also think that companies should give new phlebotomist a start we all have to start some where

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

LAB ASSISTANT in Yuba City, California

58 months ago

It is very hard to find a job as a phlebotomist. Everyone wants experience and no one wants to give a newbie a chance. I was lucky to get two jobs since my grad in 2008. I'm working my way towards gaining experience&learning new things everyday. HERE'S MY ADVICE: Don't be picky about your schedule & don't be picky about how much you get paid.

Hopes that helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

sun in Dearborn, Michigan

56 months ago

dee in Detroit, Michigan said: I went to Mary Grove College In Detroit.

HEY DEE, MY NAME IS SONJA I ALSO WENT TO MARYGROVE COLLEGE AND TOOK THE PHLEBOTOMY COURSE AS WELL NO LUCK FINDING A JOB, THEN DECIDED TO TAKE MEDICAL ASSISTANT COURSE GRADUATED FROM BOTH AND NO LUCK, READY TO GIVE UP, DID YOU GRADUATE AND FIND WORK IN THIS FIELD?s

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

blogan in Waldorf, Maryland

55 months ago

Wayno in Portsmouth, New Hampshire said: Cathy & others......I may have an avenue for you. Email me if interested. No, I'm not selling anything. Anyone know the location of the free Phlebotomy location in NYC?
Please tell me what avenue you have. I'm thinking about pursuing phlebotomy training. thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

jENN in Monrovia, Indiana

54 months ago

Barbie in Indianapolis, Indiana said: MedTech College in Greenwood

I just want everyone to realize that when you say you completed the course at MedTech in Greenwood and have a certificate.....
you need to read the paper.
It's a certificate of ATTENDANCE, NOT A STATE CERTIFICATION.
IN NOW WAY DOES ATTENDING A CLASS GIVE US ANY CREDIBILITY WITH EMPLOYERS, AND YOU BETTER BELIEVE THEY KNOW ABOUT THE MEDTECH GIVING OUT THOSE CERTS TO PEOPLE THAT SHOWED UP AND DID A FEW DRAWS. I TOOK THE SAME CLASS IN NOVEMBER 2008-DEC 2008 AND JUST NOW ALMOST A YEAR AND A HALF LATER GOT MY FIST CALL BACK.
YOU CANNOT TELL PEOPLE YOU ARE CERTIFIED. YOU ARE NOT. YOU GOT A CERT OF ATTENDANCE AND THAT IS ALL. THAT IS WHY PEOPLE ARE NOT RETURNING PHONE CALLS OR RESPONDING TO RESUMES REGARDLESS OF WHAT ELSE YOU HAVE ACCOMPLISHED THAT IS NOT PHLEB RELATED. MEDTECH NEEDS TO BE PERFECTLY HONEST INSTEAD OF TELLING THE TEACHER TO TELL YOU THAT YES YOU CNA GET A JOB.

tina in Charleston, South Carolina

54 months ago

Lori, Metairie, LA in Metairie, Louisiana said: I earned a ASPT certification last year...I have not found a job yet. Every application requires experience, I feel like the class was a waste of my time and money. I renewed my license, but did not attend the continuatin ed clase simply because, in my opinion it would have been a useless. I even spoke with a few supervisors about a phlebotimist position and explained them that we had to complete 100 veinipunctures and 25 finger pricks to become approved. However, that did not help in getting placed for employemnt...very disapointed.

i'm suppose to take the ASPT certification this weekend..but it sounds like a waste of time and money. i've been looking for a job too but no luck.

51 months ago

It will soon be two years since I've completed my course....I've applied and applied for jobs....I think I've just about given up....either you have to know someone to land a job position or have already been in the medical field somewhere within the system somehow....I don't know where these people are finding their jobs if they are!?! People keep telling me...."Keep applying!".....I have! I was one of two top in my class!!!! I actually loved doing Phlebotomy and only want to do it part time....most jobs out there are only fill in any ways....Maybe living in a huge city is the key...I don't know.....go figure....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

51 months ago

jENN in Monrovia, Indiana said: I just want everyone to realize that when you say you completed the course at MedTech in Greenwood and have a certificate.....
you need to read the paper.
It's a certificate of ATTENDANCE, NOT A STATE CERTIFICATION.
IN NOW WAY DOES ATTENDING A CLASS GIVE US ANY CREDIBILITY WITH EMPLOYERS, AND YOU BETTER BELIEVE THEY KNOW ABOUT THE MEDTECH GIVING OUT THOSE CERTS TO PEOPLE THAT SHOWED UP AND DID A FEW DRAWS. I TOOK THE SAME CLASS IN NOVEMBER 2008-DEC 2008 AND JUST NOW ALMOST A YEAR AND A HALF LATER GOT MY FIST CALL BACK.
YOU CANNOT TELL PEOPLE YOU ARE CERTIFIED. YOU ARE NOT. YOU GOT A CERT OF ATTENDANCE AND THAT IS ALL. THAT IS WHY PEOPLE ARE NOT RETURNING PHONE CALLS OR RESPONDING TO RESUMES REGARDLESS OF WHAT ELSE YOU HAVE ACCOMPLISHED THAT IS NOT PHLEB RELATED. MEDTECH NEEDS TO BE PERFECTLY HONEST INSTEAD OF TELLING THE TEACHER TO TELL YOU THAT YES YOU CNA GET A JOB.

I totally agree with your statement on the certificate....although, most places unless stated within there job requirements don't ask for one to be certified....Being certified does give one an edge, but the only state that requires a certification is the state of California.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jad123 in Scottsdale, Arizona

51 months ago

"According to labor statistics, "employment of pharmacy technicians is expected to increase by 32 percent from 2006 to 2016, which is much faster than average for all occupations."

I seriously would not go by gov't labor statistics. They are notoriously unreliable and oftentimes completely backwards when compared with reality!

According to "labor statistics" software developers are one of the fastest growing jobs and most in demand jobs out there. Yet I can name off three friends with CS and CE degrees who cannot find any work at all in their field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

chamogirl in Southbridge, Massachusetts

51 months ago

I wish I had read this forum before I invested money I really didn't have as now I can't even get an externship and I already work at a hospital - it is ridiculous at this point the amount of time I invested and the paying work i passed up to do this course; what a waste of time.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mmiller98 in Frankfort, Indiana

45 months ago

Where did you happen to get your certificate at.. and does anyone know where i can get mine in Indiana. I live near Terre Haute.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.