Phlebotomy Class, Dallas, TX

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 142)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Tara in Dallas, Texas

86 months ago

I want a phlebotomy class in Dallas. Not a PCT or Nursing, etc class WITH phlebotomy. I want a phlebotomy only class.
Help?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (105) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

Kristin Roberts in Kemp, Texas

85 months ago

Tara in Dallas, Texas said: I want a phlebotomy class in Dallas. Not a PCT or Nursing, etc class WITH phlebotomy. I want a phlebotomy only class.
Help?

GO TO CEDAR VALLEY COLLEGE IN LANCASTER, TEXAS. THE CLASSES ARE TWICE A WEEK FOR 3 HOURS EACH NIGHT. PHLEBOTOMY 1 IS THE CLASSROOM PORTION AND WHERE YOU LEARN YOUR TECHNIQUE. IT IS $265.00. I AM ALMOST FINISHED WITH MY CLASS. IT RUNS FOR 6 WEEKS. BEFORE YOU ENTER YOU HAVE TO HAVE STARTED YOUR HEPATITIS B SERIES AND HAVE A TB TEST DONE. YOU CAN GET THESE AT ANY CLINIC OR DOCTORS OFFICE. CALL THE CONTINUING EDUCATION OFFICE AND THEY WILL GIVE YOU MORE INFO. GOOD LUCK

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (84) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

angel chamber in Houston, Texas

85 months ago

Carolyn Chambers in Dallas, Texas said: I love phlebotomy and have recently moved to Lewisville, TX. I want a part-time job in this field.

dear carolyn im looking for my husbands aunt did you have a bother named jerry b chambers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Carolyn in College Station, Texas

85 months ago

sorry but know that might be another set of chambers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Connie in Poway, California

85 months ago

Can a phlebotomist give a TB test?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Tracy in Geneva, Ohio

85 months ago

Connie...I just had a TB test done for school and an RN did it. I don't think phlebotomist can do that but maybe I'm wrong.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Connie in San Diego, California

85 months ago

Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Carolyn in College Station, Texas

84 months ago

hello, no phlebotomist do not do TB Test it has to be done by a nurse

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Cintia in Dallas, Texas

84 months ago

Phlebotomists don't give TB tests, but when you're getting into any type of medical field you have to get one. It's just another thing before getting hired like a drug test etc.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nicole in Bryan, Texas

83 months ago

Hey there Carolyn are there any job openings for phlebotomist in college station?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jessica in Fort Worth, Texas

83 months ago

Kristin Roberts in Kemp, Texas said: GO TO CEDAR VALLEY COLLEGE IN LANCASTER, TEXAS. THE CLASSES ARE TWICE A WEEK FOR 3 HOURS EACH NIGHT. PHLEBOTOMY 1 IS THE CLASSROOM PORTION AND WHERE YOU LEARN YOUR TECHNIQUE. IT IS $265.00. I AM ALMOST FINISHED WITH MY CLASS. IT RUNS FOR 6 WEEKS. BEFORE YOU ENTER YOU HAVE TO HAVE STARTED YOUR HEPATITIS B SERIES AND HAVE A TB TEST DONE. YOU CAN GET THESE AT ANY CLINIC OR DOCTORS OFFICE. CALL THE CONTINUING EDUCATION OFFICE AND THEY WILL GIVE YOU MORE INFO. GOOD LUCK

what if you have never been to college and wanted to take this class is there a such thing as f. aid to help pay for it or is this just a out of pocket fee

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

pauline in Mansfield, Texas

83 months ago

i have just finish my class as a phlebotomist at uta arlington and i need a job can anyone help me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

CHRISHANNA in Dallas, Texas

83 months ago

Connie in Poway, California said: Can a phlebotomist give a TB test?

NO

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

LaShonda Wright in Fort Worth, Texas

83 months ago

Go Tech to Tech its a 6weeks program located in Fort Worth, Texas 5600 Sun Valley Dr suite 210 #817#716#6741 ask for Dorothy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

kimberly in Denton, Texas

81 months ago

Tara in Dallas, Texas said: I want a phlebotomy class in Dallas. Not a PCT or Nursing, etc class WITH phlebotomy. I want a phlebotomy only class.
Help?

Go to Medtexx.com-you'll find what you are looking for!! Hope it helps.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Kymberlee in Denton, Texas

81 months ago

Tara in Dallas, Texas said: I want a phlebotomy class in Dallas. Not a PCT or Nursing , etc class WITH phlebotomy. I want a phlebotomy only class.
Help?

Brookhaven college in Farmersbranch TX. or Richland college in Garland TX. I took the Phlebotomy course at Brookhaven last year and I currently work at a hospital. Don't be surprise if you dont get paid a lot.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

thecropchick in baltimore, Maryland

80 months ago

In this economy, I'm just greatfull to have a job.

Claudia in Round Rock, Texas

78 months ago

Hey does anybody know where I can take a Phlebotomy course in the Austin area? So far the only game in town is Austin Community College and they are a nightmare to work with.

tjack in Kilgore, Texas

77 months ago

Try Prolab in Fort Worth, Tx. They are always looking for good phlebotomist.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

GrumpySwimmer in Round Rock, Texas

77 months ago

Thanks for the info., but Ft. Worth is about 2.5 hrs. from where I live. That's a little too far. I'm looking for a class that is given between Temple and Austin.

ERIN in Dallas, Texas

76 months ago

Help?

you can try El CENTRO COMMUNITY COLLEGE. WHAT EVER YOU DO, DO NOT GO TO CEDAR VALLEY THE INSTRUCTOR THERE SUCKS.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

veronica in Wylie, Texas

76 months ago

about how much does pay start for a phlebotomist. Im a MOA wanting to continue in the medical field on the clinical side and just want to take somthing short no more than a 6 month course any Suggestions.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

pauline in Irving, Texas

76 months ago

well i went to school at uta for 3 months and it coast me 3,000 but now i have a job at baylor

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

veronica in Wylie, Texas

76 months ago

pauline in Irving, Texas said: well i went to school at uta for 3 months and it coast me 3,000 but now i have a job at baylor

what do u do at baylor and what course did u take.

karen keller in Garland, Texas

75 months ago

LaShonda Wright in Fort Worth, Texas said: Go Tech to Tech its a 6weeks program located in Fort Worth, Texas 5600 Sun Valley Dr suite 210 #817#716#6741 ask for Dorothy.

WHAT ?/ does anyone know if this program still exists ? No one answers this number, and there is no listing, under this name in local 411. I really need good info so that I can find a program , please help, thanks karen in keller.

karen keller in Garland, Texas

75 months ago

Helllo, would anyone know of a phlebotomy class, in or near Fort Worth / or even as far as Dallas? I need a program with on-going enrollment, reasonable tuition, and ascp certification / or state license included. Can anyone pass along any good information ? I appreciate your help, thanks and have a great day .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

andarrrr in Marathon, Florida

75 months ago

Hello, I am moving to Fort Worth TX and would like to become a phlebotomist, I am still working on getting my GED, after I get my license and GED what is the next best thing I should do and where to go in the Fort Worth area? I would love to work in a hospitol doctors office, or nursing home. Does anyone have any suggestions? I really appreciate the help, thank you.

andarrrr in Marathon, Florida

75 months ago

Hello, I would like to request prayer on my moving to Fort Worth, I need guidance to the right phlebotomy courses and job opportunities. Just a little help please. Thank you and Godbless.

CHASIDY in Euless, Texas

74 months ago

Help?

LOOK AT TCC SOUTH CAMPUS IT IS LESS EXPENSIVE AND LESS TIME--- I JUST FINISHED WITH MY CLINICAL NOW I AM CURRENTLY LOOKING FOR A POSITION

babygirl8_0 in College Station, Texas

74 months ago

ok is this place still in dallas, the tcc COLLEGE HOW MUCH CHEAPER ARE THEY

brown eyes in Hurst,TX in North Richland Hills, Texas

73 months ago

LaShonda Wright in Fort Worth, Texas said: Go Tech to Tech its a 6weeks program located in Fort Worth, Texas 5600 Sun Valley Dr suite 210 #817#716#6741 ask for Dorothy.

Hi LaShonda- Tech to Tech is the name of this place? What are requirements to get in and the cost? thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Anjela in College Station, Texas

73 months ago

I just recently tok a phlebotomy class. It was a 2 day class but at the end of teh second day you get your certification..it was a great class and you learn alot in two days..the staff was great very patient and very helpfull when it came to teaching you the skills.I would really recomend it..its 300.00 dollars but its the best 300.00 I have ever spent..the website is swphlebotomy.com they will be all over texas up untill october I think check the class schedule but its a great class to take..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

dee in Covina, California

73 months ago

hi did you take your national test yet? and do you feel confidant enough to do the job? with just 2 days of training?

dee in Covina, California

73 months ago

hi every one could some one recomend to me the best book to buy for the review of phleb national exam test.

James in Lubbock, Texas

73 months ago

Dee the best book at this time is The Complete textbook of Phlebotomy Third Edition it is now the standard and is use in all 50 states including California

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

jessica in Argyle, Texas

72 months ago

Anjela in College Station, Texas said: I just recently tok a phlebotomy class. It was a 2 day class but at the end of teh second day you get your certification..it was a great class and you learn alot in two days..the staff was great very patient and very helpfull when it came to teaching you the skills.I would really recomend it..its 300.00 dollars but its the best 300.00 I have ever spent..the website is swphlebotomy.com they will be all over texas up untill october I think check the class schedule but its a great class to take..

Angela,
Does anyone recognize this certification? Were you able to get a job as a phlebotomist yet?

vera Fort Worth TX in Cleveland, Texas

72 months ago

karen keller in Garland, Texas said: Helllo, would anyone know of a phlebotomy class, in or near Fort Worth / or even as far as Dallas? I need a program with on-going enrollment, reasonable tuition, and ascp certification / or state license included. Can anyone pass along any good information ? I appreciate your help, thanks and have a great day .

Hearts in Training in dallas.

72 months ago

yes they do recognize it....Im just starting to look for a job doing it but my cousin also took the same class and hes got a job doing it now...I have a job so wasnt really worried about finding another one....

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

unitsec2009 in Arlington, Texas

71 months ago

Has anyone attended tech-to-tech on 5600 sun valley drive in fort worth texas for the six week phlebotomy course? if so what was your experience? how were the instructors? have you found a job? is your certification recongized in hospitals and/or clinics as legit, enough sticks...I'm looking for phlebotomy training and would appreciate any help given.

Thank you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lkgfrjob in Mesa, Arizona

71 months ago

I have never heard of getting a certification after a 2 day phlebotomy course. I am an RPT (Registered Phlebotomy Technician) and have my national certification through AMT. In order to get that certification AMT, ASCP you have to have finished an accredited school with 160 clinical hours and a minimum of 100 venipunctures. I would stay away from the short classes because you will not be able to get nationally certified if you want to. Because the job market for phlebotomists is becoming so COMPETITIVE even the nationally certified phlebotomists are having a very difficult time finding work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

If anyone has attended or knows about the tech-to-tech course in Fort Worth, please give any info and the phone number. I am wanting to take a course and I have checked into the 2 day classes, but a little nervous about that.

monica in Arlington, Texas

71 months ago

dont go to tech to tech ive done my research the real name is icr and the state denied the whole 2007 class roster for certification thts why no one answers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

well my 2 day course class got me a job that pays me 13.00 an hour so im not going to complain

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Misti in Trussville, Alabama

71 months ago

Your salary isn't the issue.

71 months ago

Thank you Monica for the info. on tech-to-tech and the two day thing no way!!! so I will pay the money ($3000)to take the class at an accredited school it will be worth it.

71 months ago

Hey Anjela- Good for you...what course did you take? Just curious if you got a job in a hospital, lab or dr's office?

James in Lubbock, Texas

71 months ago

I cant believe the cost of some of these Phlebotomy courses I went To South Plains college In Lubbock Texas. A Nationally Accredited School. The course was 6 weeks including Clinicals and the entire cost of the course was only $750

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

Has anyone taken the phlebotomy class at UT arlington, how were the teachers? did they seem knowledgable? I'm wanting to take the class and for $3,000 I want the best...any comments or suggestions welcome.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

71 months ago

I got a job with the american red cross...we move around alot to do the blood drives thats why its paying what its paying.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Misti in Trussville, Alabama

71 months ago

One of the accredited programs here at Jeff State is 4 months long (and one day of class had to be added this semester to comply with accreditation standards), includes 4 weeks or 96 hours of clinicals. The fee is $795 plus the book. At the end you are eligible to take the registry since they are accredited. I know this doesn't help those of you in TX. I don't understand why anyone would charge $3k. That just seems unreasonable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.