Phlebotomy certification

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (22)

Ruth in Gainesville, Georgia

75 months ago

You will need to take a class to obtain the certification. Should be easy for you since you already have been doing it for 3 years and there are some inexpensive classes you can take online.

Ruth

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Angel in Birmingham, Alabama

75 months ago

Do you know of some classes where i can get my certification. Names of them will help me

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Randy in Randolph, New Jersey

67 months ago

National Healthcareer Association( NHA)
Who I am Certified by seems to be the only
Accrediated Certification exam...www.nhanow.com
They may be able to help find a school
They approve where ever you live since they
Are national...good luck
Randy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

athena_epc in San Juan, Puerto Rico

66 months ago

Hi, I have one year experiences and pass the AMT certification for RPT. It was 2.5 hours with 200 questions. They were helpful in the process and exam did capture everything what a Phlebotomist should now. I score 93 of 99 after studding a lot.

Check this out =>
www.amt1.com/page.asp?i=160
laboratorian.advanceweb.com/Editorial/Content/PrintFriendly.aspx?CC=196489

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Chasity in Gainesville, Georgia

66 months ago

Ruth, Have you found a job yet??

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

crystalfulcher

66 months ago

Yes go to lemon college its a community college

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Kelly in Queen Creek, Arizona

65 months ago

Can I work in another state than the one I was trained in if I don't pass the certification test in phlebotomy. I am considering training in AZ but want to be able to work in TN. Thanks.

Kelly

Deborah Gardner in Monrovia, California

65 months ago

Mary Guay in Nashua, New Hampshire said: Go on line to ASPT. American Association of Phlebotomy Technicians. They give exams in all parts of the country and you can download tha paperwork to join. Need 6 months experience and a supervisors signature to sit for the exam. they will send you a study guide.

This isn't the state nationally right? what is this exam for? thanks for your reply in advance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

oneforthrrode in Phoenix, Arizona

65 months ago

Kelly, I went to school in AZ for phlebotomy and you can get a much better education in this field anywhere but here. Trust me on this, I regret wasting the time and money and now taking it all over again in CA.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mimi145 in Homer Glen, Illinois

64 months ago

Go back and retake the course and study hard take it serious or go talk to the school couselor and ask what you have to do in order to pass the course is it a make up exam you missed was it the final you went totally blank on. If you are serious and didn't goof off in class and you really tried they will help. They don't want you to fail so if you have to take it over and start to have problems it is your job to ask for help ask to do extra credit anything to pass. I did two extra credit assignments and went to a lecture and wrote a paper on it to boost my grade. I got a 3.22 for the course.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Samone in Stone Mountain, Georgia

61 months ago

I'm looking for a job in phlebotomy. I'm certified. Can anyone help?

stefanie n in Denver, Colorado

61 months ago

I am doing my externship right for medical assisting.I really want to be a phlebotomist.How can I get certified now?In school we did blood draws all the time.I have documented proof of all my bllod draws.Can i get certified off of that?If so , were can I go?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

ALICIA in Hopkinsville, Kentucky

61 months ago

I HAVE BEEN WORKING AS A PHLEBOTOMIST FOR 9 YEARS NOW, BUT I NEED THE CERTIFICATION IN ORDER TO MAKE MORE MONEY AT MY JOB. HOW CAN I TAKE THE TEST WITHOUT TAKING CLASSES? OR CAN I

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (24) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Hailee in Bakersfield, California

42 months ago

I took the phlebotomy class, & Ive finished my externship, but have not yet passed the exam. I see that some people are not certified but has worked as a plebotomist. How and where can I apply as a plebotomist without my certification?

amber in Birmingham, Alabama

40 months ago

im thinking of taking a class and text in alabama but moving to oregon soon, will i be able to use my certification in oregon?

Monica in Orlando, Florida

34 months ago

I am applying for a job that requires a certification in Phlebotomy and my certification expired 09/07.What steps do I need to recertify?Thanks ,Monica

Jay in New York, New York

34 months ago

Call the place where you got certify through to pay and retake exam they may say you need a refresher course first

Jay in Brooklyn, New York

33 months ago

Call nhanow.com they can tell you better

Jay in Brooklyn, New York

33 months ago

Call nhanow.com

gretta in Texarkana, Texas

33 months ago

I took the phlebotomy class in 94 and I had got a job in 09 but I was never certification and now I have applied for another job, but I think I'm going to have to have my certification for it. I also want to open my on mobile phlebotomy lab

amanda in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

32 months ago

I have my OK certification but I am moving to Texas do I have to have a certification there to be able to get a job there

kllone in Nashville, Tennessee

28 months ago

athena_epc in San Juan, Puerto Rico said: Hi, I have one year experiences and pass the AMT certification for RPT. It was 2.5 hours with 200 questions. They were helpful in the process and exam did capture everything what a Phlebotomist should now. I score 93 of 99 after studding a lot.

Check this out =>
www.amt1.com/page.asp?i=160
laboratorian.advanceweb.com/Editorial/Content/PrintFriendly.aspx?CC=196489

What all the I need to study for the AMT phlebotomy exam? Any information would be helpful

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.