Phlebotomy jobs

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 53)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

prsniels@aol.com

74 months ago

neilweiler in Norristown, Pennsylvania said: Anyone currently seeking employment please feel free to forward your resume to nweiler@valleyforgepress.com . We have many great opportunities across the country. Thanks, Neil

Yes, I am looking for a career in Phlebotomy. I am State License CPT-1, and National Certified. I am also a Medical Assistant. I haven't been able to find a job in a lab or doctor's office where, I can apply my training. I would like to draw blood either in a hospital, lab, or moble.

If you can give me some webb sites to apply on, or if you know who is looking for someone, I would appreciate it.

Thank you,

Priscilla Nielsen

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (27) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jack Stroud in Toledo, Ohio

72 months ago

I have recently completed a medical assisting program in Toledo, OH and would like to utilize my skills I have obtained. A 160 hr. externship was completed with numerous venipunctures performed. I would enjoy some comments from anyone knowing if there are any available phlebotomy positions available in Toledo.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

cynthia brown in Chicago, Illinois

72 months ago

hi,i recently completed a phlebotomy program, and unable to find a
job in the chicago area. please help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

cynthia brown in Chicago, Illinois

72 months ago

I am unable to find a phlebotomy job I have recently completed a
phlebotomy program

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

falguni in Ellicott City, Maryland

72 months ago

i am falguni.i finished my phlebatomy programm and training in january.i m looking for the job as a phlebatomist.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Gagandeep kaur in Brampton, Ontario

72 months ago

I am rececently looking for a job as a phlebotomist in brampton and areas and have completed my diploma in this field. I have volunteering experience and references are available on request, I am presently working as a part time receoptionist at Gore doctors. I am looking for a job in brampton and surrounding areas.

jem in Toledo, Ohio

72 months ago

Falguni needs to learn how to spell phlebatomy (phlebotomy), employers do look at things like that. Spell check is wonderful

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

emorgan in Chicago, Illinois

72 months ago

im from chicago and i have been a licensed phlebotomist since august of 2008 and before i took the class my instructors and the medical staff were all saying take the phlebo class because its easier to get a job in, so i took the class passes with high score because it wasnt very hard, took the national now every time i search for a job companies all want you to have at least one year experience and im like this isnt rocket science its not like i cant do it and exactly how am i supposed to achieve this one year if NO ONE gives you a simple chance. im at a loss i have no idea what to do

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

72 months ago

lol thanks for the laugh i needed that, my back seems to be against the wall and im unsure of what to do at this point, i mean people need blood given and taken away more than anything so whats the problem here

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

jem in Toledo, Ohio

72 months ago

If you get something figured out, please share it!I think I will take an STNA program, but I am not sure that is what I want to do

Jack in Toledo, Ohio

72 months ago

If I were you, I would do a medical assisting program before I did a STNA course. Granted, the MA program is longer, but you will also have phlebotomy training included.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

jem in Toledo, Ohio

72 months ago

Thinking about that also, but don't want to spend all that time becoming an M.A.---like phlebotomy, and then not be able to get a job.

Barbara in Anza, California

72 months ago

I am looking for work in Palm Springs area, Hemet,and Temecula. Also will be able to go to 29 Palms in San Bernadino County.

prsniels@aol.com

72 months ago

If you are willing to drive to Redlands, Loma Linda Hospital is hiring phlebotomist. I interviewed on April 1st. 19 positions are available. You may want to log on the web site. Also, blood banks.

Michele in Winchester, California

71 months ago

prsniels@aol.com said: I am looking in California area, Hemet, Temecula, Banning, Riverside, San Bernardino, Loma Linda, all of Inland Valley area.

I am CPT-1 and National.

Priscilla Nielsen

* Are you trained but cannot find work due to the lack of 1 year experience all the local job postings require for application? How long have you been looking? The hospital in Murrieta, Ca was hiring for full time and part time phlebotomists with minimum 6 months experience.

Please reply: mgemar36@yahoo.com

falguni in Ellicott City, Maryland

71 months ago

no

Brenda Daugherty in Saint Louis, Missouri

70 months ago

Hello i just got out of school to be a medical assistant,and completed my 160 hrs of externship i am looking for a job in phlebotomy, am i able to get a job in this field with just being a medical assistant?

Monika N in Chicago, Illinois

70 months ago

Looking for Phlebotomists.......
IN CHICAGO THIS IS AN AM PER DIEM POSITION.
As a phlebotomist you would be responsible for blood draws from patients or donors in business facilities for analysis and other medical purposes. All our phlebotomists need to know how to assemble equipment, such as tourniquet, needles, disposable containers for needles, blood collection devices, gauze, cotton, and alcohol on work tray, according to requirements for specified tests or procedures. As a phlebotomist you are responsible to verify identity of patient or donor and converse with patient or donor to allay fear of procedure. Finally perform the veni puncture. We currently are offering strictly a part time position. There is no guarantee of hours and it is considered an independent contractor (1099). One of the benefits here is you get the opportunity to create your own schedule based on the screenings we have. Most of our phlebotomists have a primer job and use this as a second income. You definitely need to have a reliable vehicle because this job does have one travel throughout Illinois(Naperville, Orland Park, Des Plaines, Morton Grove, and all throughout Chicago) depending on where you schedule yourself for the morning.

Please inform me if this is something you are interested in.
Email mnowakowski@chcw.com

70 months ago

i am very interested in this position. I have researched your company and i am amazed by what you guys stand for and what this company was founded on. I think this is a wonderful idea, that many healthcare companies should be a part of

70 months ago

emorgan in Chicago, Illinois said: i am very interested in this position. I have researched your company and i am amazed by what you guys stand for and what this company was founded on. I think this is a wonderful idea, that many healthcare companies should be a part of

Can you please email me your resume.

EMorgan in Chicago, Illinois

70 months ago

ok i have sent the resume to mnowakowski@chcw.com, and i hope to hear from you soon. Thanks

Gregory Kemp, CPT (NHA) in Atlanta, Georgia

68 months ago

Certified Phlebotomist with the National Healthcareer Association. I have applied for volunteer work with the American Red Cross and
Veterans Administration Medical Center, Decatur,Ga. NEED a job have not performed a venipuncture since summer 2007. ANY ADVICE or Job leads!!Please.
e-mail: gregorykemp22@yahoo.com

Gregory Kemp, CPT (NHA) in Atlanta, Georgia

68 months ago

Monika N in Chicago, Illinois said: Looking for Phlebotomists.......
IN CHICAGO THIS IS AN AM PER DIEM POSITION.
As a phlebotomist you would be responsible for blood draws from patients or donors in business facilities for analysis and other medical purposes. All our phlebotomists need to know how to assemble equipment, such as tourniquet, needles, disposable containers for needles, blood collection devices, gauze, cotton, and alcohol on work tray, according to requirements for specified tests or procedures. As a phlebotomist you are responsible to verify identity of patient or donor and converse with patient or donor to allay fear of procedure. Finally perform the veni puncture. We currently are offering strictly a part time position. There is no guarantee of hours and it is considered an independent contractor (1099). One of the benefits here is you get the opportunity to create your own schedule based on the screenings we have. Most of our phlebotomists have a primer job and use this as a second income. You definitely need to have a reliable vehicle because this job does have one travel throughout Illinois(Naperville, Orland Park, Des Plaines, Morton Grove, and all throughout Chicago) depending on where you schedule yourself for the morning.

Please inform me if this is something you are interested in.
Email mnowakowski@chcw.com

Gregory Kemp, CPT (NHA) please e-mail more info to gregorykemp22@yahoo.com Need a job applied for volunteer work with
the American Red Cross and Veterans Administration Medical Center, Decatur, GA. I have not performed a venipuncture procedure since AUG 2007. Advice and Job leads please.
e-mail:gregorykemp22@yahoo.com

lkgfrjob in Mesa, Arizona

68 months ago

Is there anyone looking to hire a Registered Phlebotomy Technician. I will work PRN if needed. I received my national certification from AMT and scored 88 out of 99. I graduated with a 4.0 GPA from an accredited phlebotomy school. 160+ hours of clinicals.

I apply everyday for approximately 20 position. Of course, everyone wants 1-2 years experience, however, I still apply. I have venipuncture experience (through my externship) with every age range from newborn (micro-container collection) to geriatric patients. It's very tough out there!

gabriela salas in denver, Colorado

67 months ago

hi!! my name is gabby i am a phlebotomist and a medical assistant, i been a phlebotomist for over three years, i am currently working for portamedic, but i am interested to become an independent phlebotomist working directly with the insurance agents, need advice to learn how to started, you can e mailme at luolasalas@yahoo.com.

Thank's and God bless.

mybaby in Worcester, Massachusetts

67 months ago

im from Worcester MA and i have been a licensed phlebotomist since July of 2009 and before i took the class my instructors and the medical staff were all saying take the phlebo class because its easier to get a job in, so i took the plebo class and MedAssis passes with all A
now every time i search for a job companies all want you to have at least one year experience and im its not like i cant do it and exactly how am i supposed to achieve this one year if NO ONE gives you a simple chance. im at a loss i have no idea what to do

67 months ago

Try to get a 3 week full time clinical at your near by hospital. Once your clinical is over the hospital will be more then like to give you a job offer.

tela in Worcester, Massachusetts

67 months ago

I will do that ,Thank You for your advise
But how you are goint to offer me a job ,you live in Chicago

E. Morgan in Chicago, Illinois

67 months ago

jem in Toledo, Ohio said: I hear you loud and clear chicago. Carbon copy of my self. I have been applying for 8 months, to every hospital, labortory, blood banks, plasma centers, red cross, within an hour of driving distance from me. All need one year experience. Soon I will have 1 year of experience applying for the job.

were you able to find a job in this field yet?

JEM in Girard, Ohio

67 months ago

E. Morgan in Chicago, Illinois said: were you able to find a job in this field yet?

YES AFTER 11 MONTHS I FINALLY GOT A JOB AT A LOCAL HOSPITAL. A POSITION CAME OPEN AND THEY SAID MY NAME POPPED INTO THE LAB DIRECTORS HEAD. I HAD CALLED HUMAN RESOURCES, AND THE LAB PERIODICALLY TO SEE IF ANY POSITIONS WERE AVAILABLE. PERSISTANCE PAID OFF. THE JOB IS ONLY PART-TIME, BUT I HAVE MY FOOT IN THE DOOR, AND OF COURSE WILL GET FIRST DIBS ON A FULL-TIME POSITION

Tim in Temecula, California

66 months ago

DEESGAL in Mount Gilead, North Carolina said: HI THERE,

DO YOU HAVE ANY VIABLE EMPLOYMENT WITH COMPANYS HERE IN NORTH CAROLINA....I HAVE EXPERIENCE AND AM CURRENTLY A MOBILE EXAMINER AND EKG TECH..LOOK FOR A REPLY PLESE...AND/OR DIRECTION TOWARDS MORE EMPLOYMENT....DANJAC@COPPER.NET THANKS SO MUCH

Let me know if you get one I had a 4.0 in CPT scored 88 on nationals and was a Hospital corpsman I need to work I love health care.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Theressa in Charlotte, North Carolina

66 months ago

I have been in Charlotte for 2 months now...I'm still searching for a Phlebotomist position. I apply daily online. I finally interviewed for a position last week. I was informed that they had enough applicants to interview for 2 weeks. It's tough out there people but don't give up if you truly enjoy Phlebotomy. It's worth the wait. Hopefully I will receive a call next week from this company. I still apply daily to every opening I can find.

lkgfrjob in Mesa, Arizona

66 months ago

I am in AZ and the latest statistics in terms of phlebotomists are approx. 172 applicants per 1 phlebotomy job. Keep in mind, experience does count! I am a recent grad (4.0) 100% in my 160 hrs. of clinicals and am AMT certified. It's ugly!

cinar3d in Toledo, Ohio

66 months ago

i am currently looking for an extern site so i CAN finish up with my phlebotomy. if there is anyone interested or know of any labs, hospitals, or clinics accepting externs for phlebotomy, please let me know.

JEM in Girard, Ohio

66 months ago

doesn't your school arrange that

cinar3d in Toledo, Ohio

66 months ago

yes they do! but they are telling me that alot of hospitals have backed out; why? idk! but they do tell you that you can find your own site. well i was counting on them to find me one, and they are having a "hard time" finding a site for me and other future phlebotomists. i have been waiting now for almost 2wks and they have not told me anything. i started making me another schedule, which i dont want to do considering im tired of taking courses and ready to get on with my phlebotomy career i have studied and worked so hard for, to finish my med asst assoc so i guess i dont have a choice......but if ANYONE has any OTHER comments for me or to tell me what i should do here in TOLEDO, OH, then please let me know, thank you!

nbowen in San Bernardino, California

66 months ago

I have been a CPT1 for about a yr now and cant find a job. I have been searching every where putting in applications and everything. If anyone is hiring in san bernardino county please let me know. I started phlebotomy because I go to school to be a rn. I love to work in health care.

Ashley

62 months ago

I am currently seeking a long term career in the medical field. I am a Registered Medical Assistant and absolutely love to help others. I graduated from Sanford-Brown in April of 2009. I know that I am fresh out of college, but I am begging for a chance. So if you could find it in your heart to help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Debra Wilcox in Oak Lawn, Illinois

61 months ago

Hi to all,I am a certified and experienced Phlebotomist searching to utilize my skills and talents in a clinical setting.I live in OakLawn Illinois.I love to draw blood.I am confident and dedicated.Please contact me if interested debrawilcox78@yahoo.com.Good luck to all on job searches.

Debra Wilcox in Oak Lawn, Illinois

60 months ago

Hi to all,Okay just got a job as a floater at the hospital I wanted to work at.I was persistent but humble ,when they turned me down for full or part-time positions I used it as a learning tool.I sent post interview thank you letters(less than 5% of job seekers do).I sent letters of thank you after rejection asked for feedback all of this is important for you and for them they remember you.Try some web sites that teach you how to do these things.I am so excited to be working in the field I love. Keep trying you can do it.Try reading the book The Secret it is a great insparation.Think positive and it will come.Good luck to all.

Linda Woz in Buffalo, New York

58 months ago

I want to start my phlebotomy training at an approved school here in the Buffalo, NY area in October. I took care of my mother for 13 yrs before she passed away (she lived with me) and I am great with elder adults. I also have a 28 yr old developmentally disabled daughter who lives home with me. So I have alot of experience in developmental disabilities; do you think those two things will help me in obtaining a job when it's time? I really seem to have alot of experience in those areas . Thank you .

Mel in Tucson, Arizona

58 months ago

It is very hard to find a phlebotomy job today since they are pumping out too many students! For those looking into getting in a program don't do it! Do something better like PCT (patient care technician). They do phlebotomy, EKGs and patient care. I graduated at the top of my class and did my externship at the best full lab in Tucson. I was not able to get a job as a phlebotomist, just as a donor support tech. As far as I know, not even half of the students have a job yet.

Everyone still looking for a phleb job, try the Red Cross, or something similar like CSL Plasma. The funny thing is that the Red Cross doesn't need any phlebotomy experience to start. They train you.

Good luck everyone.

Melissa in Lake Elsinore, California

55 months ago

falguni in Ellicott City, Maryland said: i am falguni.i finished my phlebatomy programm and training in january.i m looking for the job as a phlebatomist.

Just a tip that might help, learn how to spell Phlebotomy first. Maybe then when you apply somewhere the employer might not throw out your resume due to the fact that you cannot spell the name of the occupation you are applying for. Just a tip.

CPT-1 LOOKING FOR A JOB ! in Modesto, California

54 months ago

HELLO I AM A CERTIFIED MA & PHLEBOTOMIST SEEKING EMPLOYMENT IN THE MODESTO, CA AREA ...ANYONE KNOW OF WEBSITES / OFFICES / LABS / HOSPITALS THAT MAYBE HIRING ?

THANK YOU,

CPT-1 SEEKING EMPLOYMENT !

phleb in Toledo, Ohio

50 months ago

Jack Stroud in Toledo, Ohio said: I have recently completed a medical assisting program in Toledo, OH and would like to utilize my skills I have obtained. A 160 hr. externship was completed with numerous venipunctures performed. I would enjoy some comments from anyone knowing if there are any available phlebotomy positions available in Toledo.

Pathology labs is always looking to hire contingents, its a start! they are located in down town toledo, on n.13th st.

Kellie in Willowbrook, Illinois

49 months ago

Hi Cynthia-

Have you considered volunteering while you job hunt or looking for an externship at a large hospitial? Check my blog at blog.mkedu.org/ I talk about training and job hunting for careers in healthcare.

Kellie in Willowbrook, Illinois

49 months ago

Debra Wilcox in Oak Lawn, Illinois said: Hi to all,Okay just got a job as a floater at the hospital I wanted to work at.I was persistent but humble ,when they turned me down for full or part-time positions I used it as a learning tool.I sent post interview thank you letters(less than 5% of job seekers do).I sent letters of thank you after rejection asked for feedback all of this is important for you and for them they remember you.Try some web sites that teach you how to do these things.I am so excited to be working in the field I love. Keep trying you can do it.Try reading the book The Secret it is a great insparation.Think positive and it will come.Good luck to all.

Debra- That is great advice! I write about career training and job hunting in the world of healthcare- if you ever want some more interview tips check out my blog blog.mkedu.org/

yjimenez23 in Los Angeles, California

46 months ago

I am certified phlebotomist technician and I am seeking for a job in Los Angeles. Do anyone know any open position.

Nick in Sacramento, California

36 months ago

I got my CPT-1 here in Sacramento and I have hard time finding a job :(( they all want a year experience, and I'm willing to volunteer but I can't even find that. Anyone can help?

Theressa in Charlotte, North Carolina

36 months ago

Hi Nick,

Try searching your area for Free Clinics. They are usually very happy to have volunteer Phlebotomists. It's a win/win...you can maintain your skills & they will support you in your job hunt. You will meet a lot of wonderful people & learn a lot along the way. That was my experience...I obtained a job at the local hospital & 2 years later I'm still volunteering with the Clinics that gave me a chance. Good Luck & don't give up! It will come :)

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.