Phlebotomy

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (21)

Aisha in Norfolk, Virginia

76 months ago

I am trying to find a phlebotomy training program in the hampton roads area of virginia

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Celia in Newport News, Virginia

76 months ago

Thomas Nelson Community College offers phlebotomy training twice a year. The next session won't be available until August. So as soon as registration is available, do it!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

chrisitin in Norfolk, Virginia

73 months ago

Aisha in Norfolk, Virginia said: I am trying to find a phlebotomy training program in the hampton roads area of virginia

mci has a phlebotomy course starting in september in the virginia beach campus try to find out more from craigslist and you will need to talk to paula, i just did the course is only 6 weeks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

felicia in virginia beach in Richmond, Virginia

73 months ago

Aisha in Norfolk, Virginia said: I am trying to find a phlebotomy training program in the hampton roads area of virginia

Hi my name is felicia and there is a program through norfolk state and the cost is 500.00 the next course starts in the falls. The teacher name is Mrs. milred Fuller she is excellent i mean excellent teacher. Once u finish the program u have a week of intershio in 4 different hospital and that is your foot in the door. I just finish the summer course on june 27th and im at virginia beach general hospital. If you have any question email at fwest09@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (16) / No Reply - Report abuse

ADanian in Norfolk, Virginia

72 months ago

Do you have a direct number for the teacher. Also how long is the course.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

carrie in Newport News, Virginia

72 months ago

Hi, My daughter was telling me about this course and said that a person can take this course and go to work right way. She was told this from someone that paid her way through college entirely from working as a phlebotomist and the quick training she had in just a matter of days. Is this true and who hires someone to just take blood? What else does a phlebotomist do and is there work in Hampton Roads for someone who takes this course and it is not in conjuction with any other course?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Jessica in Newport News, Virginia

72 months ago

How much can someone that takes this course expect to earn doing this sort of thing? Is this a course to enhance a current line of work only or is this something a person could do for a living independent of a career in say nursing or medical tech? If so,what all is involved in being a phlebotomist besides drawing blood?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Xiomara Baullosa

72 months ago

I would like a posittion as a phlebotomy technician.I work for meny years like phlebotomy technician.I am nurse in my countre and I applied for NCLEX examen,thank You
Xiomara

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tess in Va Beach in Baltimore, Maryland

50 months ago

Hello. Im wondering if anyone knows when the next Phlebotomy course begins& where in the Hampton Roads area!? I see these posts are from 2 years ago...any info would be appreciated. also if there are any Phlebotomists out there...how easy was it to get employed? where do you work? how much did they start you off in pay?? thanks so much!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marrica in Virginia Beach, Virginia

50 months ago

Tess in Va Beach in Baltimore, Maryland said: Hello. Im wondering if anyone knows when the next Phlebotomy course begins& where in the Hampton Roads area!? I see these posts are from 2 years ago...any info would be appreciated. also if there are any Phlebotomists out there...how easy was it to get employed? where do you work? how much did they start you off in pay?? thanks so much!!

My name is Marrica and I went to Thomas Nelsen under the instructiom of Mr. McKenny(WONDERFUL TEACHER) but I went to the Williamsburg campus. the course was excellent but where i did my clinicals weren't taking anyone in at the time. Now quite a few of my classmates got hired because the hospital they did there clinicals were in demand. I myself have had a hard time finding postions because most places that i have applied claim that i dont have enough experience. That hasn't stopped me and I haven't given up. even if I have to volunteer to get it then thats what I'm going to do.

danielle in Virginia Beach, Virginia

44 months ago

please can anyone tell me when next phlebotomy course is in virginia beach

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

SLynn72 in San Diego, California

44 months ago

I am going to be taking the NHA National HealthCareer Association test. Whats the best Phlebotomy book out there or "Study Guide" to prepare for the test?

Missintelligient in Norfolk, Virginia

40 months ago

Look at Viginia Beach Higher Education Center that got one for 10 week $850.

Kellie in Willowbrook, Illinois

39 months ago

Jessica in Newport News, Virginia said: How much can someone that takes this course expect to earn doing this sort of thing? Is this a course to enhance a current line of work only or is this something a person could do for a living independent of a career in say nursing or medical tech? If so,what all is involved in being a phlebotomist besides drawing blood?

There is more involved in Phlebotomy than just drawing blood, it sounds pretty simple but there is a lot to know. Check out my blog to learn more about starting a career in health care.

Kellie in Willowbrook, Illinois

39 months ago

Kellie in Willowbrook, Illinois said: There is more involved in Phlebotomy than just drawing blood, it sounds pretty simple but there is a lot to know. Check out my blog to learn more about starting a career in health care.

blog.mkedu.org/

ShiShi in Baltimore, Maryland

37 months ago

SLynn72 in San Diego, California said: I am going to be taking the NHA National HealthCareer Association test. Whats the best Phlebotomy book out there or "Study Guide" to prepare for the test?

they have their own study guide that you can order for a nominal fee. The test is easy. Don't stress about it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

vickie d in Williamsburg, Virginia

35 months ago

Celia in Newport News, Virginia said: Thomas Nelson Community College offers phlebotomy training twice a year. The next session won't be available until August. So as soon as registration is available, do it!

thanks. i really needed this info. vsd

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

35 months ago

Marrica in Virginia Beach, Virginia said: My name is Marrica and I went to Thomas Nelsen under the instructiom of Mr. McKenny(WONDERFUL TEACHER) but I went to the Williamsburg campus. the course was excellent but where i did my clinicals weren't taking anyone in at the time. Now quite a few of my classmates got hired because the hospital they did there clinicals were in demand. I myself have had a hard time finding postions because most places that i have applied claim that i dont have enough experience. That hasn't stopped me and I haven't given up. even if I have to volunteer to get it then thats what I'm going to do.

When was the class offered? I cannot get in touch with anyone at TNCC maybe due to the hurricane. Thank you for the info. vickie d.

35 months ago

Who can tell me when the next refresher course is for phlebotomy in williamsburg or newport news? I need one ASAP. Vickie D.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Erricka in Orlando, Florida

35 months ago

allied health instute it's online school.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

seeking in Suffolk, Virginia

24 months ago

felicia in virginia beach in Richmond, Virginia said: Hi my name is felicia and there is a program through norfolk state and the cost is 500.00 the next course starts in the falls. The teacher name is Mrs. milred Fuller she is excellent i mean excellent teacher. Once u finish the program u have a week of intershio in 4 different hospital and that is your foot in the door. I just finish the summer course on june 27th and im at virginia beach general hospital. If you have any question email at fwest09@yahoo.com

hi, i took a phlebotomy class,with a one week internship. i am looking for a phlebotomy job, but most locations want more experience than this. i am looking for something part time, like maybe in the evenings or weekends..any suggestions?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.