Temporary phlebotomy jobs?

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 274)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Tiara Goins in Columbus, Ohio

93 months ago

I finished school for phlebotomy and is tring to search for a job but everyjob i searched for you need experience how are we supposed to get experience if no one will hire you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (117) / No (15) Reply - Report abuse

kenlin ogwaro in Peterson, Alabama

93 months ago

Hello Tiarra, i had the same problem that you did. this is what i did, find out who the hiring manager for the lab is and then what you do is walk in and let the receptionist know that you are there for an appointment. They will never know. when you have a chance to sit down with the manager, that is your opportunity to let them see who you are and how hard you are willling to learn and first impressions are the best. i had this problem for a year after i graduated and that is what i had to do. Personality is the biggest thing to getting anywhere. Believe me it works, if you want something you can get it. I have been in the same job for the last 13 years.good luck, kenlin

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Nikki in Cordova, Tennessee

92 months ago

Tiara Goins in Columbus, Ohio said: I finished school for phlebotomy and is tring to search for a job but everyjob i searched for you need experience how are we supposed to get experience if no one will hire you.

did you do any type of internship or externship

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Nikki in Cordova, Tennessee

92 months ago

kenlin ogwaro in Peterson, Alabama said: Hello Tiarra, i had the same problem that you did. this is what i did, find out who the hiring manager for the lab is and then what you do is walk in and let the receptionist know that you are there for an appointment. They will never know. when you have a chance to sit down with the manager, that is your opportunity to let them see who you are and how hard you are willling to learn and first impressions are the best. i had this problem for a year after i graduated and that is what i had to do. Personality is the biggest thing to getting anywhere. Believe me it works, if you want something you can get it. I have been in the same job for the last 13 years.good luck, kenlin

do you think that it is very good money made in this field

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Kenlin in san diego, California

92 months ago

Hello Nikki, There is good money to be made, especially if you are working with the jails or with a temporary agency. On call is the best, except the only problem is that you cannot have a life. This information is only based from my experience and what i prefer doing. Good Luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

edgardo cintron

92 months ago

EDGARDO A. CINTRON
22 Helm Turn
Willingboro, NJ 08046
Home Phone (609) 877-6182
Cell Phone (609) 556-0965
e-mail acint452@aol.com

OBJECTIVE: My goal is to get back to doing phlebotomy and pursue the medical field.

SUMMARY
As a musician I have had the opportunity to meet and deal with many
different people. When I entered the field of Phlebotomy I found that my
experience with people was a great asset. I was able to empathize with
them during their times of distress. The humor and compassion that I
brought to each situation eased the apprehension felt by many patients
when faced with a new procedure. I would like very much to return to this field.

WORK HISTORY

2003-2007 National Paramedic Services
Mobile Phlebotomy

2005-2006 Willingboro Recreation Department
Entertainment Coordinator. Duties involved setting up sponsors for
Willingboro Jazz Festival

2000-2003 Phlebotomist, Quest
I worked at the labs in Moorestown and Willingboro drawing blood.

2000-2001 Sales Associate, The Guitar Center, Inc.
I worked in the drum department, advising potential customers, helping them to choose the best instrument for them.

1999-Present Music Instructor, Burlington County College
I teach a Summer Arts Journey Series geared to teaching teenagers the ins and outs of the music field.
In the Fall I teach a weekly Percussion Course.

1992-1997 Phlebotomist, Corning
I worked at the Patient Service Center, drawing blood on house calls and nursing homes.

1992-1992 Phlebotomist, Lab Force
I worked here in a temporary position.

Phlebotomist, Rancocas Hospital
I worked in a part-time position.

Professional Musician
1977 to Present. As a professional percussionist I have played and recorded with a wide variety of musicians and performing artists in Atlantic City, Los Angeles, Las Vegas, Florida, Ireland and various Island locations. I have formed and lead two local area bands.

Radio Teletype Operator
1975 to 19

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

youlanda

90 months ago

I'm still trying to find a job i been out of school for a year and noone will hire me without experience

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

BJ in Clinton, Indiana

83 months ago

I have the same problem I am very seriously considering starting a non-profit business to help place students who have completed their programs and are unable to get hired. This seems to be a problem not just for phlebotomist but in many other branches of the medical field as well. I will complete my coding program and most of the people I know who have taken that program have gone back to school for something else because they were unable to find employment due to lack of experience also. Anyone who would be interested in participating in such a program please feel free to email me. My email address is bvillain@ivytech.edu
Thanks and good luck to all of you who are seeking employment.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

youlanda brisbon

83 months ago

i'm still looking for a job as phleb

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Kelly in East Providence, Rhode Island

82 months ago

I graduated last month from the Phlebotomy Program and I have done my clinical training at a hospital. But I am having trouble as well finding a job. I am very fustrated and concerned for my family. Our professor made it sound like getting a job would be no problem. Huh????

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No Reply - Report abuse

youlanda

82 months ago

its a bunch of bull we pay all this money and can;t get a job this the reason alot of people don't go to college

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

81 months ago

I hear ya. It is a tough job market out there.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Marina in Grove City, Ohio

81 months ago

WOW .You guys scared me. I just paid for a phlebotomy shool.I thought would not be a problem to get a job but now I am not so sure .Is it that bad out there?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No Reply - Report abuse

LC in Cleveland, Ohio

81 months ago

Guide

It is real employment but only now and then,here and there. If you are willing to drive a few hours,let it be known. Don't count on the events being close by. If it is very far they may put you up in a hotel. Their busy time for health fairs is in the fall. They pay well,$20 an hour,with mileage cover. Just make sure you keep track of your time sheet,don't let anyone fax it in for you,and make a copy of it if you mail it. Keep in contact with Michelle Alvis there,she is very nice and helpful. If you want more information,my e-mail address is in my profile. There is a reason why I am telling you about the time sheet.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

LC in Cleveland, Ohio

81 months ago

Guide

PS-I just realized I started this thread. Summit Health use to be called Retail Health. Try "Health Fitness" also,and maybe even "Reddiclinic" (formerly called Interfit).

ms s. miler in Bowie, Maryland

81 months ago

Tiara Goins in Columbus, Ohio said: I finished school for phlebotomy and is tring to search for a job but everyjob i searched for you need experience how are we supposed to get experience if no one will hire you.

my name is ms miller and i teach phlebotomy and it is very hard for students to come right out of school and right in to a well paying phlebotomy job, so i do tell them not to just student phlebotomy add on to your medical education so they can land a well paying job and not be on the bottom of the medical field.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Christine in Salt Lake City, Utah

80 months ago

Tiara, Can I ask where you did your phlebotomy training?

80 months ago

I got my training at CCRI of RI. I graduated in May of 08 and still can not get a chance. It is a tough job market.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

James in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts

78 months ago

Kelly in East Providence, Rhode Island said: I got my training at CCRI of RI. I graduated in May of 08 and still can not get a chance. It is a tough job market.

Kelly, I am a Phlebotomy Supervisor at Mount Auburn Hospital in Cambridge, Ma. If you are still looking for a phlebotomy position, I would be more than happy to look at your resume for you. I currently have a full time 40 hour day position available. You can email me if you would like at:

jriordan@mah.harvard.edu

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

Monica Rosell in Fairfield, California

78 months ago

Nikki in Cordova, Tennessee said: did you do any type of internship or externship

Yes.....extership in a Veteran's Hospital, Napa CA.

78 months ago

It is such a tough job market. I can relate about how everyone asks for experiance, but yet how are you suppose to get experiance if you don't give that person a shot at it. It is very fustrating. I am going on my fourth month looking for a job. Someone is bound to have a heart...somewhere...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

I have sent you my resume and ref. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks a bunch.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Kathy in San Diego, California

78 months ago

I have just finished a course in Phlebotomy in San Diego. The only thing that I have found is that I "might" be able to volunteer at the Red Cross. How can these schools get away with telling people the jobs are out there when they know that no one will hire if you don't have experience. Talk about frustrating!! If there is anyone in San Diego that knows of a place hiring at entry level, please let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

sheron in Winston Salem, North Carolina

78 months ago

I have finished a course in phlebotomy in winston salem. nc and I also have a national certification but I still canot find a job. If anyone has any leads please let me know.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Lisa RI in glocester, Rhode Island

78 months ago

Kelly in East Providence, Rhode Island said: I have sent you my resume and ref. Hope to hear from you soon. Thanks a bunch.

Hi Kelly, I wish you the best of luck and keep me posted. Lisa

GUESS WHO in Lemon Grove, California

78 months ago

I am experiencing that same issue. I just graduated last month and a few places hire with no experience but that does not mean they will hire you. You can volunteer to get the experience that is what I just found out and am in the process of doing.

GUESS WHO in Lemon Grove, California

78 months ago

Kathy in San Diego, California said: I have just finished a course in Phlebotomy in San Diego. The only thing that I have found is that I "might" be able to volunteer at the Red Cross. How can these schools get away with telling people the jobs are out there when they know that no one will hire if you don't have experience. Talk about frustrating!! If there is anyone in San Diego that knows of a place hiring at entry level, please let me know.

I just graduated too and I heard Sharp, UCSD, and Family Health hires entry level but I do not know. I am waiting for my test results to be mailed to me.
I do understand what you mean about paying all that money to learn how to do venipuncture go internship at facilities who would not even hire you but will let you internship there. I am going to go volunteer at the red cross to I heard you can do that while I was interning and I meet a guy who does intern for the red cross but you can only do it at the Naval hospital or Camp Pendleton that I know of but I found another agency that lets you volunteer so I AM GOING TO TRY THEM BOTH so that I can get at least 6 months of experience so I can go to the hospital but TRY SHARP. I heard it is like 15.00 an hr,

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jenny in San Diego, California

77 months ago

Kathy in San Diego, California said: I have just finished a course in Phlebotomy in San Diego. The only thing that I have found is that I "might" be able to volunteer at the Red Cross. How can these schools get away with telling people the jobs are out there when they know that no one will hire if you don't have experience. Talk about frustrating!! If there is anyone in San Diego that knows of a place hiring at entry level, please let me know.

Hey Kathy, where did you go to school????US colleges? Jeremy?

77 months ago

Yes, How did you know?? You too??

abc in La Mesa, California

77 months ago

hi kathy
i got the the job at lab corp, this is great place to work and learn, try there.

77 months ago

Did you have previous experience? Every ad I look at says they want experience. I am having a heck of a time.

Harp in Modesto, California

77 months ago

i got my license about a year ago.. i applied everywhere...no luck.. everyone wants experience... still keep applying . i havent giving up yet.

Inno Ceballos in Riverside, California

77 months ago

I also have the cert. in Phlebotomy and I can't find a job. I also thought about volunteering @ the Red Cross. Do you have a phone number and a person to talk to that could help me.
Thanks for giving me hope. IC

annrose777 in Riverview, Florida

77 months ago

Kathy in San Diego, California said: Did you have previous experience? Every ad I look at says they want experience. I am having a heck of a time.

The best thing to do is to volunnteer a couple of hours a couple a day during the week and get this place to confirm you worked for them, take it from there. There are many places like private clinics, Private Dr. Office and even the hospital volunteeroffice can allow you to do this, good luck. Let me know how it goes.
Ana

Jonathan in Phoenix, Arizona

77 months ago

I've been trying to get a job also, i took an advanced class that included AGB's bleeding times etc and im certified, still having trouble. It was recommended that I join a temp agency for experience but im having trouble finding those also. Im dying at my current job.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

BARBARA MCKOFKA in Victorville, California

77 months ago

I spoke with the Red Cross and they do not take volunnteers.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Marie in Eatontown, New Jersey

77 months ago

I have been trying to obtain a job as a Phlebotmist for mamy years. I have the national certification, but I still cannot find a job. I live in NJ and I have a LPN liscence in NY. Now I am studying online to be a RN, but I need to work in order to pay my expenses. If anyone hears something please let me know. I sent dozens of applications, and they all retuned without a positive answer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Marie in Woburn, Massachusetts

76 months ago

I am looking for some phlebotomy internship in the Boston area. Could somebody please help.
Thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

Does anyone know where to get phlebotomy training in Columbus OH? I'm looking just for a 6 week course, not a medical assisting program.

Gregg in Riverside, Ca. in Riverside, California

76 months ago

I graduated almost a year ago with my Phlebotomy certification. I also have my CPR certification and still have not been able to find a job. I'm in Southern California and have applied everywhere. I am at the point now where I think it would probably be best to volunteer somewhere so that I can get experience and then maybe to able to get a job. Does anyone know somewhere in So. Cal. where you can volunteer?

76 months ago

One place that no body thinks about volunteering at is with any University that is doing genetics research. They have to collect healthy people as controls and this means getting a blood sample to look at their DNA. Usually Investigators are needing thousands of samples. And because Universities are associated with "teaching hospitals" they will use people who are learning. So, maybe try UC Irvine. Just a thought.

anachanelno@yahoo.com in San Bernardino, California

76 months ago

you now i finished phlebotomy in redlands california and iam in the same situation i cant find a job that doesnt require you to have a year or two. iam even started to think i should move to another coutry.

76 months ago

Hi Tiara,

Where in Columbus, OH can you learn phlebotomy?

Lori in Dallas, Texas

76 months ago

I have also completed the phlebotomy course, clinicals and have passed my cerification, but I too can not find a job. They all require 1-3 years experience. I must be confused because I thought entry level ment starting out but they too require previous experience. I have also seen ads here in Dallas that say it must be paid experience. So even if you could find a place to volunteer it would not count. It is a circle, you can't get a job w/out experience, and you can't get the experience w/out a job. In a city the size of Dallas you would think there would be someplace willing to hire newly certified phlebomists. Does anyone have any suggestions other than going back to school and learning something else?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

daustin in High Point, North Carolina

76 months ago

Quest Diagnostics in Winston Salem has a posting with Career Builder online today..I'm not in this field but am registered with Career Builder so I get all job postings sent to me...Hope this helps you out...good luck!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

shar in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

76 months ago

HELLO EVERYONE IFINALLY STOP TRYING YO GET A JOB AS A PHLEBOTOMIST.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

kathy in San Diego, California

76 months ago

Christine in Salt Lake City, Utah said: Hi Tiara,

Where in Columbus, OH can you learn phlebotomy?

Don't Bother!!! Unless you are already in the medical field and need to complete a phlebotomy course to get more pay or advance, don't do it. there are no jobs out there for new phlebotomists!!! These schools are a sham. They bring you in, promise jobs they know aren't out there and then cut you loose. Read these comments. nobody can find jobs!! Don't waste your money!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

76 months ago

But don't the phlebotomy schools place you in an internship so you can get the experience needed? Or are you saying that that doesn't even matter because there aren't jobs even for people with experiene?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

kathy in San Diego, California

76 months ago

It has been my experience that the externship does nothing but fill a requirement that the state has asked for. The jobs that i have applied for want paid experience and do not count the externship as experience. it is just an addition to school requirements. Good luck, but if i had to do it over again, i wouldn't!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

thecropchick in baltimore, Maryland

76 months ago

Until you find a job, maybe volunteer with the Red Cross

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.