Where to Volunteer for Phlebotomy

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (16)

Erik in Chicago, Illinois

62 months ago

Im a new grad in the field of phlebotomy.I was told to get a job sooner then later my best bet would be to volunteer and get more draw's and then employers will start to notice you.

My question is does anyone know of any hospitals or anywhere in or around the chicago area preferably the suburbs like around chicago heights, steger, olympia fields, matteson, area but willing to travel.I just need to find a site that will allow me to volunteer so my skills at least dont diminish while i am looking for employment thanx.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (301) / No (41) Reply - Report abuse

Ben in Seattle, Washington

57 months ago

Where can I find a place where a phlebotomist can volunteer to gain more experience

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (195) / No (20) Reply - Report abuse

brittany in Saint Louis, Missouri

53 months ago

wher can i volunteer 4 phlebotomy while uncertified in st.louis,mo. or even get a job with certification & no experience?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (31) / No (11) Reply - Report abuse

wesley hall in Seattle, Washington

53 months ago

takeing test score 69 70 to pass

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Quia in Sebring, Florida

50 months ago

Where Could I volunteer in Highlands County?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

amitadesar in Boynton Beach, Florida

47 months ago

Where can I find a place where a phlebotomist can volunteer to gain more experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (39) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

KENDRA R GREEN in Joliet, Illinois

37 months ago

I've been a phlebotomist for over a year now and still can't find work in Illinois.. Everyone wants experience. How am I going to ever get any experience if no one will take a chance with me. What a waste of money!!!!!! :{

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (29) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

barb in Putnam Valley, New York

37 months ago

I have same situation, spend money for school and no job becouse of experence

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

shay in Chicago, Illinois

29 months ago

where can i find a phlebotomist job I need the experience, I have had my certificate for 30 months and I cant get the experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Megansegel in Lincoln, California

27 months ago

I have talk to the Red Cross as well as tried to find a company to get hired through to do health fairs. I have also called the hospitals,blood banks,plasma donation centers and everything in between. I have done everything I can do including calling my school and asking them for some help finding some place I can volunteer and I have run in to a brick wall every time I turn around. I am a Nationally Certified CPT-1 as well as a Nationally Certified Medical Assistant, I also feel like I have wasted my money!! There are literally no employers who are willing to hire new grads including the teaching hospitals(I know because I have checked). Does anyone have any other suggestions so I can get the experience that I need to have a career and utilize my education.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

praver in Blacklick, Ohio

27 months ago

To all of you new phlebos looking for jobs, don't give up! Luck is one component in the job search, but the most important, I found, is you. You absolutely MUST have a professional resume that puts you and your skills "out there" and gets you noticed. For example, you don't just have "phlebotomy skills," you have "outstanding" skills. Write a cover letter that engages the reader and makes them want to meet you and give you an interview. For those of you looking to get more experience, learn to use a Cholestech machine if you want to work for a wellness screening company like Hooper Holmes or United Health. That is the key to getting your foot in the door there. Hang in there. The jobs are out there, but I know it's hard to get one without experience. That's where your confidence and personality come in!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No Reply - Report abuse

Joselyn Vargas in Hoffman Estates, Illinois

23 months ago

How can I start my phlebotomy experience when no one is willing to hire...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

charece3@aol.com in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

22 months ago

Yes i would like to know where can i go to get my experience,in for phlebotimy can you help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

giwrgosfl in Athens, Greece

22 months ago

Volunteering is an excellent way to get work experience and given the state of today's market where almost every employer considers work experience a must, I would say it's a no-brainer really. I found this article on the matter:

phlebotomytraininggroup.com/where-can-i-volunteer-for-phlebotomy/

It may be handy for those looking to volunteer as a phlebotomist.

But beyond getting experience, as a volunteer or in any other way, to finally land a job one will need to deploy a professional resume a cover letter and even prepare for the interview. I would go as far as to give employers a call or even stop by trying to "sell" myself. In my opinion, it's not the certificate that gets you the job or the CEDs you might have or pursue if you don't. They are obviously important but in most cases it's your personality and overall presence that makes a difference.

A lot of people have the skills required to perform phlebotomy procedures but not everyone is as capable in greeting patients, addressing problems fast, communicating with his/her co-workers etc.

My point is one should try to STAND OUT. And that's not easily or at least, not solely done by obtaining more experience and credentials...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Bridget Pope in Vero Beach, Florida

14 months ago

I am also just graduated as a phlebotomist and trying to find a volunteer job to get more experience. Does anyone know where you cando this in Vero Beach.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

bianca in Dolton, Illinois

11 months ago

Erik in Chicago, Illinois said: Im a new grad in the field of phlebotomy.I was told to get a job sooner then later my best bet would be to volunteer and get more draw's and then employers will start to notice you.

My question is does anyone know of any hospitals or anywhere in or around the chicago area preferably the suburbs like around chicago heights, steger, olympia fields, matteson, area but willing to travel.I just need to find a site that will allow me to volunteer so my skills at least dont diminish while i am looking for employment thanx.

hi eric, I was wondering if you found a iob in phlebotomy yet, if so, how and when, I would love to use my phlebotomy certificate but I also don't have experience

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.