Where can I take Phlebotomy Tech class in San Diego, CA ???

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 272)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

sam in San Diego, California

100 months ago

Can anyone tell me where I can take the class in San Diego?? How much will it cost and how long? I know U.S. College offers the class for about $2500 for about 2 months depending. Unsure if should take the class there. Has anyone taken the class there? Please let me know asap. Thanks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (252) / No (38) Reply - Report abuse

lori in San Diego, California

99 months ago

sam in San Diego, California said: Can anyone tell me where I can take the class in San Diego?? How much will it cost and how long? I know U.S. College offers the class for about $2500 for about 2 months depending. Unsure if should take the class there. Has anyone taken the class there? Please let me know asap. Thanks.

Hey don't spend 2500 when you can try to do it for free. Check out www.sdcoe.net/rop/. I went to vista ROP for medical office training it just cost me for the books. It does take a bit longer but I think the training is more accepted then the for profit colleges out there that charge 2500 or more for training. San Diego rop website gives a listing of places that offer phelmb. training or try the local community colleges. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (75) / No (19) Reply - Report abuse

angel lucero in Mexicali, Mexico

99 months ago

been working as a phlobotamist, trained by agency, heard i could get a 20 hrs training to be state certified?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (73) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

Tina in San Diego, California

98 months ago

angel lucero in Mexicali, Mexico said: been working as a phlobotamist, trained by agency, heard i could get a 20 hrs training to be state certified?

What agency i'm interested in being a phlebotomy tech.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (14) Reply - Report abuse

Breezy in San Diego, California

97 months ago

Indy in San Diego, California said: I checked out US Colleges, ROP, and Family Health Services....

Hi Indy. I've been trying to contact Family Health in regards to their training program and have had no such luck. Each facility I call says they do not offer those types of training programs. This is the site I've been calling locations from: www.fhcsd.org/

Can you direct me to another number?

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Breezy in San Diego, California

97 months ago

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

TEE-TEE in Lemon Grove, California

96 months ago

Those needing basic info on us.college and family health services for:
CERTIFIED PHLEBOTOMY TECHNICIAN I COURSE (those w/no exp) (CPT I)
Entry level salaries 21,000-39,000

NATIONAL EXAM
143 online questions that are multiple choice and you are given 2 and 1/2 hours to take. need 70% to pass or higher. if you fail you have to wait 3 months to retest and pay $90.00

PRE-REQUIREMENTS
1) High School Diploma
2) TB test
3) 2 passport pics 2x2 (wal-mart,kinkos,costco,sears, etc.)
4) No convictiorns or felonies (some or acceptable by state)

US COLLEGES www.uscmed.com
Classes start every 4 weeks (500 deposit to hold spot)
only 5 ever failed 1st time none second time)
offers afternoon classes MON-FRI 1pm - 5:30pm for 2 weeks and night classes 1st and 3rd week is MON, WED, and Thur 5:30 - 10pm then 2nd and 4th wek is MON, WED 5:30pm to 10pm. Then a 40 hr externship Mon-Fri 8am to 5pm or 7am to 4pm for one week with a contracted facility. Offers 3 payment options (1)full price $2,595 (if you pay in full $2,295) (2) get a loan with Sallie Mae school code 606778 or (3) in house financing 500 down and payments 225.00 - 450.00 week if to high will work with you. NO EXTERNSHIP/OR NATIONAL EXAM UNTIL PAYMENT PAID IN FULL. Cost includes text, lab supplies, and exam

FAMILY HEALTH SERVICES
www.familyhealth-services.com/phleb.html
Classes start every first Friday of the month ($95 deposit)
No Fact about how many failed/passed
offers a basic and advanced class both are three 7 hour sessions on the 1st (basic) and 2nd (advanced)Fri, Sat, and Sun 8:am - 3:30pm and applicants with no experience do a 40 hr externship Mon/Wed 8am to 12pm the 3rd and 4th Sat/Sun 8am to 1pm with a contracted facility. Offers no payment options only full price $1,750 includes text, lab supplies and meals (exam not included in price $115)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (64) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

Jackie in Los Angeles, California

95 months ago

Where can i take a phlebotomy class that isnt too expensive in orange county? ive looked into us colleges and its pretty pricey. Ive been searching for ROP classes, but i havent had any luck. Does anyone know of any?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

lidi in Fresno, California

95 months ago

Where can i get low cost fast CPT-1 training in fresno county? Help!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

andrea in La Quinta, California

95 months ago

Nancy in Palm Springs, California said: I paid $1790.00 at CNEI in cathedral city, it took a month, much to my surprise if i had done more research ROP in vista charges $30.00 for class $30.00 for books and takes about 4 to 5 months that is a big money difference, same nights as CNEI has it, and if anyone is interested ROP also has a medical transcriptionist class online, and for FREE.

Hi,
I am about to start the course at CNEI, and I just wanted to know what was the time line for taking ur tests for your national certification and CA cert. once the class was done. How long did it take you to start working, and did you find it easy to get a job? any feedback you have would be appreciated!

Thanks, Andrea

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Nancy in Palm Springs, California

94 months ago

Hi Andrea,
Once you finish the class and your fifty sticks which is documented you will take your state test when you feel ready, your teacher will give you dates when you can take the state test which is done at CNEI. Then all your paper work is sent to the state in sacramento, you will recieve your National certification right away, but the state cert takes up to three months to receive. I know at Desert Regional Hospital they hire new grads but they want your state cert in hand before you apply, they will also train you on the floor and in the lab for 8 weeks with someone before you are sent on your own, they will also train you in all the lab procedures which is a plus, so you will not only be drawing blood, and it gives you more to ad to your resume when your ready to move on to bigger things. Best of Luck and I hope this helps you out.
Nancy

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Allie in San Diego, California

94 months ago

Michelle Henderson in West Des Moines, Iowa said: $2500 is RIDICULOUS!Hello Sam, my name is Michelle and i know where you can get the phlebotomy training that you will need in order to be successful. Phlebotomy Services( www.phleb.com ), to me, is the best training anyone can get. They offer 1 or 3 day training, even better they offer phlebotomy training online at an even lower price.

If you search around, many phlebotmy training classes can last anywhere from 4-8 months and can cost an arm and a leg. With the phlebotomy Services( www.phleb.com ) youu can get the training you need with your certificate in days.

I hope this information was useful. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Michelle.

right if you wanna drive to Arizona of Omaha! He said San Diego CA but thanks I was relly hoping there was one here

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

Ramona in Lemon Grove, California

94 months ago

Has anyone had any problems finding employment in San Diego as a phlebotomist? I want to make sure that San Diego is hiring before I put all that money in to a course for a field that is not hiring. Any feedback would be helpful.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (33) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

unhappy in Chula Vista, California

94 months ago

TEE-TEE in Lemon Grove, California said: Those needing basic info on us.college and family health services for:
CERTIFIED PHLEBOTOMY TECHNICIAN I COURSE (those w/no exp) (CPT I)
Entry level salaries 21,000-39,000

NATIONAL EXAM
143 online questions that are multiple choice and you are given 2 and 1/2 hours to take. need 70% to pass or higher. if you fail you have to wait 3 months to retest and pay $90.00

PRE-REQUIREMENTS
1) High School Diploma
2) TB test
3) 2 passport pics 2x2 (wal-mart,kinkos,costco,sears, etc.)
4) No convictiorns or felonies (some or acceptable by state)

US COLLEGES www.uscmed.com
Classes start every 4 weeks (500 deposit to hold spot)
only 5 ever failed 1st time none second time)
offers afternoon classes MON-FRI 1pm - 5:30pm for 2 weeks and night classes 1st and 3rd week is MON, WED, and Thur 5:30 - 10pm then 2nd and 4th wek is MON, WED 5:30pm to 10pm. Then a 40 hr externship Mon-Fri 8am to 5pm or 7am to 4pm for one week with a contracted facility. Offers 3 payment options (1)full price $2,595 (if you pay in full $2,295) (2) get a loan with Sallie Mae school code 606778 or (3) in house financing 500 down and payments 225.00 - 450.00 week if to high will work with you. NO EXTERNSHIP/OR NATIONAL EXAM UNTIL PAYMENT PAID IN FULL. Cost includes text, lab supplies, and exam

FAMILY HEALTH SERVICES
www.uscmed.com
Classes start every first Friday of the month ($95 deposit)
No Fact about how many failed/passed
offers a basic and advanced class both are three 7 hour sessions on the 1st (basic) and 2nd (advanced)Fri, Sat, and Sun 8:am - 3:30pm and applicants with no experience do a 40 hr externship Mon/Wed 8am to 12pm the 3rd and 4th Sat/Sun 8am to 1pm with a contracted facility. Offers no payment options only full price $1,750 includes text, lab supplies and meals (exam not included in price $115)

WORST PRODRAM I HAVE EVER ATTENDED SAN DIEGO IS NOT REAL FOND OF THEM

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (18) Reply - Report abuse

Another in Lemon Grove, CA

94 months ago

Ramona in Lemon Grove, California said: Has anyone had any problems finding employment in San Diego as a phlebotomist? I want to make sure that San Diego is hiring before I put all that money in to a course for a field that is not hiring. Any feedback would be helpful.

I just learned of Kaiser Permanante's Southern California Phlebotomy Training Program. Cost is $1200 and it is attractive to me because it exceeds the minimal requirements and provides hospital experience.
I believe the length of time of clinical, the fact that it is in a hospital setting, and that they attach you to the Kaiser hospital you want to learn at(here it would be Zion for San Diego)---all will make you a more eligible phlebotomist for hire. I know the downside is communting -the program is in LA/Hollywood area and requires driving 3x/wk M,W,F for 6 wks. Then the test, then the clinical. If anyone is interested in commuting, please reply. Next class is Aug. 25; application due Aug. 8.
I have researched many options. USColleges is the other choice I feel is the best. I visited both USCollege and Family Health Services. US is more clean with state of the art equipment. They give you job placement help--the only program that does. This program is $2100 discounted price if you pay all at once. If anyone has any comments about this Kaiser training program please let me know because I would go thru the stress of the drive commute to get the training I think it is worth. Any thoughts???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (32) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Angela in Lenoir, North Carolina

94 months ago

Hi my daughter will be getting her phlebotomy certificate soon, here in North Carolina. She is getting married in May of 2009 and moving to San Diego, Cal. Can anyone please tell me can she practice as a phlebotomist with her ceritficate there and what are the steps to take and do they need proof that she went to college. Because I would hate for her to waist money here in NC if she has to do it all over again in san diego. HELP! Please email any information to awm_1985@yahoo.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

andrea in La Quinta, California

94 months ago

hi,
I would tell your daughter to be careful of taking course in nc. if she can wait until she gets to ca i would, because if she is a new grad she will either have to take the 40 or 80 hour course here and do and externship again. I just had to do this because i got certified in mass, but did not work before i moved to cali. I would have her contact the health dept. first if she has any questions. I did and they told me with proof of my externship and courses I only had to take the 40 hour program, but it still is about 1,000. She needs to have the natioal cert. to work here, and then wait for the state to license her also.
hope this helps!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Andrea P in Apple Valley, California

94 months ago

I went to U.S. Colleges and although it is costly, I thought it was a great school. They take care of everything for you and I was hired right out of my externship. It'll pay off in the long run:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Another in Lemon Grove, CA

94 months ago

Andrea P in Apple Valley, California said: I went to U.S. Colleges and although it is costly, I thought it was a great school. They take care of everything for you and I was hired right out of my externship. It'll pay off in the long run:)

May I ask the compancy that hired you right out of externship? Can you give idea of pay and benefits?
I am seeking upon certification, to get into a hospital, preferably Kaiser. I just spoke so someone in HR there who hire the "lab assistants"/CPT-I's and was told they do NOT hire if you do not have 6 months of working experience and externship does NOT count, unless you do it through their facility. Addtionall feedback would be appeciative as I am struggling with which program to choose and need to meet a deadline for one within 2 weeks. Please continue to reply...
Thank you. ?Would you be open to talking by phone, could I call you? I have many questitons?--it would really help.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

stumped in Carlsbad, California

94 months ago

hi, any body know of some place that will take the experince i have, 5 yrs. ojt in the military, and transfer it to the courses offerd? i get out soon and am trying to play catch up since almost none of my certifications transfer out to the civillian sector. help!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Ramona in Lemon Grove, California

94 months ago

Angela in Lenoir, North Carolina said: Hi my daughter will be getting her phlebotomy certificate soon, here in North Carolina. She is getting married in May of 2009 and moving to San Diego, Cal. Can anyone please tell me can she practice as a phlebotomist with her ceritficate there and what are the steps to take and do they need proof that she went to college. Because I would hate for her to waist money here in NC if she has to do it all over again in san diego. HELP! Please email any information to awm_1985@yahoo.com

YOUR DAUGHTER WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO DO PHLEBOTOMY IN CALIFORNIA WITH HER LICENSE NOT BEING FROM CALIFORNIA. IF SHE WERE TO GET HER LICENSE HERE THEN SHE COULD GO ANYWHERE IN THE NATION AND NOT HAVE TO CHALLENGE THE BOARD BUT BECAUSE SHE IS COMING FROM OUT OF STATE SHE WILL NEED TO RE-TAKE THE COURSE HERE AND GET OUT TRAINING. ALOT OF JOBS ARE HIRING IN SAN DIEGO. THE MAJOR HOSPITALS TELL HER TO LOOK UP SCRIPPS, KAISER, UCSD, SHARP BUT LIKE I SAID SHE WILL NEED OUR TRAINING BUT GOOD LUCK

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

GUESS WHO in Lemon Grove, California

94 months ago

Those wanting to know how the FAMILY HEALTH SERVICES PROGRAM IS:
As you may know that every first of the month the program begins on the first friday. The first 3 days are for basic phlebotomy and is all lecture and then you take an exam if you pass you are then certified in limited phlebotomy. Then you do practical/ ADVANCED phlebotomy which you work on fake arms and work with a partner. You make 4 payments or 5 payments but delaying your payment delays your externship. You are placed into an externship with a facility by the begining of the second week so you do not have to worry about if your going to be placed in a facility or not. Alot of people in the class were placed based on if you need to be next to a bus route or if a clinic or hospital was by your home and also your availability. This program pays for your two passport photos to send to the state, they also pay for your cpr class. The provide donuts/bagels every morning and on Saturday and Sunday the pay for lunch. All the text is provided for. They install the learning material in your head by making sure you really have an understaning of the material. We do not do all our training at the location we may go a hotel suite and hold class. So far I enjoy the class and I would recommend the course because regardless the facility looks low budget it is the cheapest class in Southern California we have students from ALL parts of California even an out of state person. This is by far one of the cheapest coures you will take. The facilities that take the students to intern our the places all of us wanted to work. They also will find hospitals/clincs for you to externship at if you are not even from San Diego. I'll keep you posted on my progress and the course. It is 16 days of class and 40 hours of externship.
A hint of advice request your official transcripts, and have a tb/ mmr test done.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Marianne in Fremont, California

94 months ago

Michelle Henderson in West Des Moines, Iowa said: $2500 is RIDICULOUS!Hello Sam, my name is Michelle and i know where you can get the phlebotomy training that you will need in order to be successful. Phlebotomy Services( www.phleb.com ), to me, is the best training anyone can get. They offer 1 or 3 day training, even better they offer phlebotomy training online at an even lower price.

If you search around, many phlebotmy training classes can last anywhere from 4-8 months and can cost an arm and a leg. With the phlebotomy Services( www.phleb.com ) youu can get the training you need with your certificate in days.

I hope this information was useful. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Michelle.

Hi Michelle,

Is this course really excepted seems 1-3 days is very short training. Thanks Marianne

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Another in Lemon Grove, CA

94 months ago

This comment just seems not good feedback to me. Michelle is in another state and is referring to an on line course. You are not going to learn well and get the clinical training you need by an on line course. I know alot about the training programs in San Diego area now, due to extensive research and visting some of the schools. Feel free to ask any questions if you need any help for the state of California and the local San Diego area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Labteck77 in San Diego, California

93 months ago

andrea in La Quinta, California said: hi,
I would tell your daughter to be careful of taking course in nc. if she can wait until she gets to ca i would, because if she is a new grad she will either have to take the 40 or 80 hour course here and do and externship again. I just had to do this because i got certified in mass, but did not work before i moved to cali. I would have her contact the health dept. first if she has any questions. I did and they told me with proof of my externship and courses I only had to take the 40 hour program, but it still is about 1,000. She needs to have the natioal cert. to work here, and then wait for the state to license her also.
hope this helps!

In CA you have to be CA licensed. They won't accept out of state licenses. Sorry

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kim in Riverside, California

93 months ago

Hi another in Lemon Grove, Ca
My daughter wants to take the phlebotomy courese, we live near murrieta about 58 miles from San diego. I can in no way afford any of these schools that cost money! I would so appreciate any help, guidance on classes in my area. Rop seems the only way she can go with very little money :)
thanks so much

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

kim in Riverside, California

93 months ago

Another in Lemon Grove, CA said: This comment just seems not good feedback to me. Michelle is in another state and is referring to an on line course. You are not going to learn well and get the clinical training you need by an on line course. I know alot about the training programs in San Diego area now, due to extensive research and visting some of the schools. Feel free to ask any questions if you need any help for the state of California and the local San Diego area.

Hi I posted a question to you before I knew I could repley to your message. this is my question again :)
My daughter wants to take the phlebotomy courese, we live near murrieta about 58 miles from San diego. I can in no way afford any of these schools that cost money! I would so appreciate any help, guidance on classes in my area. Rop seems the only way she can go with very little money :)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

GUESS WHO in Lemon Grove, California

93 months ago

kim in Riverside, California said: Hi I posted a question to you before I knew I could repley to your message. this is my question again :)
My daughter wants to take the phlebotomy courese, we live near murrieta about 58 miles from San diego. I can in no way afford any of these schools that cost money! I would so appreciate any help, guidance on classes in my area. Rop seems the only way she can go with very little money :)

Well my friends all did research the cheapest class is the one at 3500 5th ave san diego, ca 92103 which is 1750 not including a 115 state exam and 54 state application fee. the class is one month and a 40hr internship she maybe able to do in her area. its worth it. if you don't do rop then you can consider this class. i took it and i would recommend it we had girls from brawley take the class. as a matter of fact a few people drive from brawley to take this class

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Kathy in Oceanside, California

93 months ago

sam in San Diego, California said: Can anyone tell me where I can take the class in San Diego?? How much will it cost and how long? I know U.S. College offers the class for about $2500 for about 2 months depending. Unsure if should take the class there. Has anyone taken the class there? Please let me know asap. Thanks.

You can take the classes to get licensed for phlebotomy through Health and Family Services in San Diego. The classes are two weekends long and cost $800/class.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Another in Lemon Grove, CA

93 months ago

Choices in San Diego area are: ROP,very long, starting in Jan.;
Kaiser in LA area($1200 but one thing you get no one else offers is HOSPITAL experience and more experience than required). Kaiser has great benefits for their employees and you can do your clinical here at Zion.US Colleges(most expensive but good up to date working equipment/environment and provides job aid and all state fees;
Family Health Servics($1800+). It all depends what your goals are. If money is the issue, ROP is the way to go but you must make sure you register immediately on the time and date set. The other classes are expedited. One year for ROP vs. 2-3 months at the other choices.
Dept.of Rehab may pay for course if eligible.
Please call me at 619-667-0212 if you would like to discuss what I have learned.
Kaiser Permanante's Southern California Phlebotomy Training Program. Cost is $1200 and it is attractive to me because it exceeds the minimal requirements and provides hospital experience.
I believe the length of time of clinical, the fact that it is in a hospital setting, and that they attach you to the Kaiser hospital you want to learn at(here it would be Zion for San Diego)---all will make you a more eligible phlebotomist for hire. I know the downside is communting -the program is in LA/Hollywood area and requires driving 3x/wk M,W,F for 6 wks. Then the test, then the clinical. If anyone is interested in commuting, please reply. Next class is Aug. 25; application due Aug. 8.
I have researched many options. USColleges is the other choice I feel is the best. I visited both USCollege and Family Health Services. US is more clean with state of the art equipment. They give you job placement help--the only program that does. This program is $2100 discounted price if you pay all at once. If anyone has any comments about this Kaiser training program please let me know because I would go thru the stress of the drive commute to get the training I think it is worth. Any thoughts???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Nursing Major in San Diego, California

93 months ago

Hey I'm from brawley, I'm trying to find a good phlebotomy school but, all the schools that I've researched are really expensive...can someone give me some info on some good schools?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Another in Lemon Grove, CA

93 months ago

Please see my prior comments made recently regarding your question. Again, ROP will take longer but cost the less as you pay for only books. However, when I checked out the next ROP class, it starts in Jan. and takes a year to complete as it looks like it is only a one day/wk class. The cheapest advanced class in San Diego is Family Health, sufficient but I would prefer US Colleges over them as US Colleges offers job placement, a discount if you pay in full of $2100 vs. $2600.00 so all in all comparing these two, the ocst is really about the same. However, USC has more up to date equipment and includes your cert./license fees and they do the mailing of the forms, help you with the completion of the required state forms, etc.. Lastly, there is a Kaiser training program for $1200 but it is out of area, in LA, but you get hospital training which can be done at Kaiser Zion her in San Diego. This is experience in the hospital the others do not offer. Good luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

liz in San Diego, California

93 months ago

sam in San Diego, California said: Can anyone tell me where I can take the class in San Diego?? How much will it cost and how long? I know U.S. College offers the class for about $2500 for about 2 months depending. Unsure if should take the class there. Has anyone taken the class there? Please let me know asap. Thanks.

Hey, I am currently taking a phlebotomy course at Family Health Services in 3500 5th San Diego, Ca near the hillcrest area. It only cost $1750 and it is friday, sat. sun, mon. wed the only longer days are friday to sunday. But it is fun and they teach you pretty good it only takes 6 weeks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Another in Lemon Grove, CA

93 months ago

Where do you do your clinical at? Any hospitals? That cost does not include state forms, license fees, etc. right?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

GUESS WHO in Lemon Grove, California

93 months ago

Another in Lemon Grove, CA said: Where do you do your clinical at? Any hospitals? That cost does not include state forms, license fees, etc. right?

Family Health offers clinical at clinics one in La Mesa one in Chula Vista they also branch to the hospitals like Navy, Paradise Valley, Sharps and even out the area if you live out the area. It really depends on where you live they will find something for you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Teresa in Elk Grove, California

92 months ago

sam in San Diego, California said: Can anyone tell me where I can take the class in San Diego?? How much will it cost and how long? I know U.S. College offers the class for about $2500 for about 2 months depending. Unsure if should take the class there. Has anyone taken the class there? Please let me know asap. Thanks.

In Oceanside/ Vista ROP has a program

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

leann in Imperial Beach, California

92 months ago

liz in San Diego, California said: Hey, I am currently taking a phlebotomy course at Family Health Services in 3500 5th San Diego, Ca near the hillcrest area. It only cost $1750 and it is friday, sat. sun, mon. wed the only longer days are friday to sunday. But it is fun and they teach you pretty good it only takes 6 weeks.

HI LIZ....IM PLANNING TO GO TO THAT PLACE TOO...BUT I WANNA KNOW WHAT IS THE MAX. PEOPLE IN THE CLASSROOM...AND IS IT HARD TO TAKE THAT COURSE? RIGHT NOW IM TAKING BILLING AND CODING BUT IM PLANNING TO DROP THAT COURSE BECAUSE THE TUITION FEE IS 13K AND MY FRIENDS TOLD ME 13K IS TOO MUCH IF ITS ONLY MED. BILLING AND CODING...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

GUESS WHO

92 months ago

leann in Imperial Beach, California said: HI LIZ....IM PLANNING TO GO TO THAT PLACE TOO...BUT I WANNA KNOW WHAT IS THE MAX. PEOPLE IN THE CLASSROOM...AND IS IT HARD TO TAKE THAT COURSE? RIGHT NOW IM TAKING BILLING AND CODING BUT IM PLANNING TO DROP THAT COURSE BECAUSE THE TUITION FEE IS 13K AND MY FRIENDS TOLD ME 13K IS TOO MUCH IF ITS ONLY MED. BILLING AND CODING...

Leann I took the course and the class size varies because you have the basic which people from the basic class may not take the advance class and vice versa but when you do your practical (hands on training) then it is normally about 18-20 people in the classroom. The course is not hard at all!! Besides the tuition fee you do have fees not associated with the course which is the state exam 115 the application fee 54 and you need your hs transcripts and a current mmr/tb shot which you can get both of those for 10.00 at the san diego county health and human services agency facility off university or in el cajon city. i just took the class last month and i finished my externship which was great! good luck to you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

leann in Imperial Beach, California

92 months ago

GUESS WHO said: Leann I took the course and the class size varies because you have the basic which people from the basic class may not take the advance class and vice versa but when you do your practical (hands on training) then it is normally about 18-20 people in the classroom. The course is not hard at all!! Besides the tuition fee you do have fees not associated with the course which is the state exam 115 the application fee 54 and you need your hs transcripts and a current mmr/tb shot which you can get both of those for 10.00 at the san diego county health and human services agency facility off university or in el cajon city. i just took the class last month and i finished my externship which was great! good luck to you

Hi! Thank you so much for the info....well i have shaky hand well its not that terrible but do i really need to have a steady hand if i wanna be a phlebotomist? sorry if im asking this im just a little bit worried that because of that i might fail the course... =(

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

GUESS WHO in Lemon Grove, California

92 months ago

leann in Imperial Beach, California said: Hi! Thank you so much for the info....well i have shaky hand well its not that terrible but do i really need to have a steady hand if i wanna be a phlebotomist? sorry if im asking this im just a little bit worried that because of that i might fail the course... =(

Do not worry about any of that if you want to be a phleotomist then you will learn the skill, i too had shaky hands but they show you how to anchor the needle and the hub so you won't hurt the patient and can exchange the testing tubes with barely no moment at all. you have someone overseeing your draws the first few times to make sure you are not doing it wrong. also you can always ask them to practice one on one with you, i did. they won't let you go out there and make a fool out of yourself. you can't fail the course if you study your notes and do the practice test they give you then you should have no problem with the course. the more questions you ask the better it is for you. you don't want to start something you are unsure you won't finish.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

leann in Imperial Beach, California

92 months ago

GUESS WHO in Lemon Grove, California said: Do not worry about any of that if you want to be a phleotomist then you will learn the skill, i too had shaky hands but they show you how to anchor the needle and the hub so you won't hurt the patient and can exchange the testing tubes with barely no moment at all. you have someone overseeing your draws the first few times to make sure you are not doing it wrong. also you can always ask them to practice one on one with you, i did. they won't let you go out there and make a fool out of yourself. you can't fail the course if you study your notes and do the practice test they give you then you should have no problem with the course. the more questions you ask the better it is for you. you don't want to start something you are unsure you won't finish.

yah ur right....thank you so much....u really helped me a lot.....thanks!!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

laura in ca in Valley Village, California

92 months ago

Kathy in Oceanside, California said: You can take the classes to get licensed for phlebotomy through Health and Family Services in San Diego. The classes are two weekends long and cost $800/class.

Kathy in Oceanside, ca, Can you tell me how to find this Health and Family services in San Diego... Did you go there.,. and info would be appreciated.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

GUESS WHO in Lemon Grove, California

92 months ago

FAMILY HEALTH SERVICES 3500 5TH AVE SAN DIEGO CA 92105 Suite 203 www.familyhealth-services.com/contact.html

IF YOU HAVE NO EXPERIENCE THE COURSE COST 1750 PLUS A 54 STATE APPLICATION FEE AND 115 FOR THE STATE EXAM THESE FEES ARE IN ADDITION TO THE 1750 AND ARE SEPEREATE FROM THE COST OF THE SCHOOL.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

DHS in Desert Hot Springs, California

91 months ago

Nancy in Palm Springs,

which ROP are you talking about ? I have been in search for an ROP around the area and havent had much luck.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Courtney Urquiza in Rancho Cucamonga, California

91 months ago

Ok so The best way to take the course and not spend a ton of money is through ROP go to your local high school and they can direct you in what to do. Classes are usaully 2hrs twice a week for 2 to 4 mo and then yoou will take your state exam which is around 100 dollars. You must score at least 75%. You will then take all that info with some other paper work including your diploma and two passport photos and another 100 bucks or so and send that to the state and your ready to go to work once they send you your certifcate.....Goodluck!

Breezy in San Diego, California said: Hi Indy. I've been trying to contact Family Health in regards to their training program and have had no such luck. Each facility I call says they do not offer those types of training programs. This is the site I've been calling locations from: www.fhcsd.org/

Can you direct me to another number?

Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

kim in Surprise, Arizona

91 months ago

Does anyone know about the phoenix area?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Gina in Capitola, California

91 months ago

Does anyone know of a phlebotomy training program in Redwood City, CA? I had heard there was a 90 day ROP class, but apparently they no longer offer it. Does anyone have any leads of any such program in the San Francisco Bay Area or California Central Valley? Thanks!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Hema Chattergoon in National City, California

91 months ago

GUESS WHO said: Leann I took the course and the class size varies because you have the basic which people from the basic class may not take the advance class and vice versa but when you do your practical (hands on training) then it is normally about 18-20 people in the classroom. The course is not hard at all!! Besides the tuition fee you do have fees not associated with the course which is the state exam 115 the application fee 54 and you need your hs transcripts and a current mmr/tb shot which you can get both of those for 10.00 at the san diego county health and human services agency facility off university or in el cajon city. i just took the class last month and i finished my externship which was great! good luck to you

I do want to attend the classes from Family Health Services .My question is ..was it easy obtaining Employment after the program?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

LEMON GROVE in Lemon Grove, California

91 months ago

Hema Chattergoon in National City, California said: I do want to attend the classes from Family Health Services .My question is ..was it easy obtaining Employment after the program?

It is not easy finding employment for ANY phlebotomy course. I spoken to students I took the class with and none of them have found work. I spoken to people from US Colleges and they have had problems finding work. I have applied at every hospital they say takes entry-level workers and I have had no luck. I was blessed to be able to volunteer my time at the Naval Hospital to get the expereince the majority of the hospitals are looking for. I have meet people who have taken the phlebotomy course and work for LabCorp or UCSD and have not had any luck transferring into departments to use their new certification. The only place you may find work with little experience is at a clinic but trust me it is hard to get in. I have put in for clinics to and I have had NO LUCK. I will be honest with you it is impossible to find work as a PHLEBTOMIST/LAB ASSISTANT without the experience that comes with it. No one wants to hire you without the experience. The only way I have found you can get the experience you need is to Volunteer at the Naval Hospital but they are currently not accepting any volunteers right now. You will need at least 1000 sticks to do mobile phlebotomy which pays like 20 hr and you need at least 6m-1yr to go to a hospital. Alot of hospitals are finding they are hiring people who come with baggage and are considering lowering their standards for 6mo are more experinece but it is still the question of how are you going to get that 6mo of experience. Also if you do become a phlebotomist you can look at places like dialysis they hire phlebotomist too. I tried there as well its just really hard to be honest. I would not discourage you because if you want to do it pursue it because who knows if they pass this new heatlhcare bill that may open up jobs for phlebotomist.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

LEMON GROVE in Lemon Grove, California

90 months ago

I found employment by posting my resume on MONSTER.COM I was called by an employer two days after posting my resume, another two days later i got an interview and two days after that i got a job. I was looking for employment after my graduation in aug 2008 and my official phlebotomy state certification in October 2008. it took one month to get my job so i encourage you all to keep applying and post your resume on the job boards.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.