How do I get more business as a Mobile Phelbotomist/Mobile Examiner (Insurance Examiner)

Comments (1 to 50 of 470)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

Kimberly in Mt Laurel, New Jersey

104 months ago

Hello everyone.

I am looking for anyone with an idea on how to get more business as a mobile medical examiner for insurance applicants. I can be an examiner for Portamedic, but if they don't give me enough business there isn't really anything I can do.

Josh in Mt Laurel, New Jersey

104 months ago

Try going to www.MyParamed.com they have a free resource center for examiners. Its a pretty neat service (especially since its free) and it makes you visible to any medical company looking for an examiner in whatever area you live in. It doesn't gaurantee anything but it sure helps.

TANDRINA JOHNSON in Atlanta, Georgia

104 months ago

I'M LOCATED IN RIVERDALE, GEORGIA AND I'M SEEKING M-F 1ST SHIFT PHLEBOTOMY POSITION. DO YOU HAVE ANY INFO ON A JOB LEAD?

Tricia in Austin, Texas

104 months ago

V Fields said: log on to bmi medical for examiner's jobs.

link to BMI: www.bmimedical.com/

gmom in Cleveland, Ohio

104 months ago

Kimberly said: Hello everyone.
I am looking for anyone with an idea on how to get more business as a mobile medical examiner for insurance applicants. I can be an examiner for Portamedic, but if they don't give me enough business there isn't really anything I can do.

Kimberly, I can't imagine portamedic doesn't have more than enough work to keep you busy. Move to Atlanta; they are always hiring.I recently resigned from 825 on Henderson Mill Rd. Print some cards with your name @ qualifications. Visit the insurance offices in your area & give them your card. When Portamedic assigns a case to you, notify the agent immediately after you complete the case. Endear yourself to the agents, they will be asking for you, or they will be calling you directly. Let me know how it goes.

gmom in Cleveland, Ohio

104 months ago

Kimberly I am in Alto, Ga., not Cleveland, O.

Katrina of WI in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin

101 months ago

We are Independant Contractors. As long as you keep the paper work and appontments straightand of cource separate for each company, Try working for Two.

tennelle in Atlanta, Georgia

99 months ago

did you try the department of labor they will help you with your busissness they helped me

TANDRINA JOHNSON in Sargent, Georgia

99 months ago

Thank you for the lead.

w

97 months ago

hello tandrina. you probably forgot about me down in south florida. i won't say my name, but know that your lawyer is still here. w

tennelle in Riverdale, Georgia

97 months ago

i would like to know how can i start a business as a mobile phlebotomis in georgia thanks

vERNDALE in Paterson, New Jersey

97 months ago

Hi everyone i work working as a Phlebotomist in nj for many years i want to know how do i get into the mobile phlebotomist business.

LC in Marengo, Illinois

97 months ago

Guide

Try looking at these links. The first answers questions about the work,the second provides job leads,including for this field-

groups.msn.com/phlebotomy/paramedicalexams.msnw

groups.msn.com/phlebotomy/jobsearches.msnw

Pam in Bloomingdale, Illinois

97 months ago

We can offer you more work here at ExamOne, please call 847-913-3200. Contact: Pamela

Danny in Conroe, Texas

96 months ago

I'm looking for a mobile / life insurance/ medical assistant / phlebotomist position in Houston area

gina in Tempe, Arizona

96 months ago

Kimberly in Mt Laurel, New Jersey said: Hello everyone.

Hi, i worked for years as a ParaMedical Examiner, and what I started doing to get
more work was go out and visit the agents office personally, even if they were using another paramed company, i'd offer to do the exam for less and of coarse they want to save money so they would go with my company instead. some used all different companys but after using me they would usually call and request me from my company.. it was a good marketing technique i got tons of work doing this!

good luck

Dorothy Allsbrooks in Richmond, Virginia

95 months ago

Hello, I've been a phlebtomist for 25 plus years, I'm now interested in being an indendpent phlebotomist, working for myself.Could someone give me some advice on how to get started.

charmaine in Las Vegas, Nevada

95 months ago

I am interested on what to put on my business card to advice my paramedical service.

Daniela in Saint George, Utah

94 months ago

HI . I'm a phlebotomist and i a'm very interested in how start my own business as a phlebotomist but i do not know what i need to get started , i do have a medical experience.

Dorothy Allsbrooks in Richmond, Virginia

94 months ago

I will like to know how to get started as an examiner.

Michelle S in Auburndale, Florida

94 months ago

I am an RN and interested in starting up a paramedical company offering drug testing, immunizations for companies and doing exams for life insurance companies. I live in Florida where there would be lots of work esp. for life insurance with our elderly population. Does anyone know where to start contacts, links, websites, companies? What is the reimbursement for a life insurance exam for the company itself not the examiner. Any suggestions or help I would love to hear from you.

Medical Research Network in Houston, Texas

93 months ago

Danny in Conroe, Texas said: I'm looking for a mobile / life insurance/ medical assistant / phlebotomist position in Houston area

I have a contract mobile phlebotomist position available, Please let me know if you are interested. This position is available in the Woodlands area.

Wendy St. in Little Rock, Arkansas

93 months ago

If you have any idea who to contact in the Little Rock, Arkansas area please send me that info. thanks

Fatima Jordan in Chicago, Illinois

93 months ago

Kimberly in Mt Laurel, New Jersey said: Hello everyone.

I'm not sure if there's an Exam One out by you. That's who I work for and their pretty good about getting me work and also try Primerica

Cindy F. in Wellston, Ohio

93 months ago

I just heard about being a medical examiner, my sister gave me a phone number. I am an RN and my husband is a PCA.
We have signed up together to do this. Is there a good demand for this business in SE Ohio? I hope so. Can a person work for more than one company or is it a conflict of interest? I'm very excited about the prospect of earning some cash on the side. We already do blood drawals, assessments and EKG's on a daily basis.

LC in Cleveland, Ohio

93 months ago

Guide

Cindy-In my profile is a link to a phlebotomy website that has plenty of information about paramedical examiners. There is a current thread on the site's message board about this field and many who posted do work for more than one company.

chris in Albemarle, North Carolina

93 months ago

is there a job out there that would really pay you what your worth with 19 plus years as a supervisor/phlebomoist/tech three , being able to mulity task, over 27 years in medical feild

chris in Albemarle, North Carolina

93 months ago

Paul in Kennesaw, Georgia

93 months ago

I'm interested in Portamedic and any other exam services. I'm an MA with phlebotomy training. I've been working as a contractor with RediClinic for a year now, and want more work in this field. I could handle several exams per week.

I'm located in NW Atlanta, north of the Smyrna Portamedic office, to which I applied, but haven't heard from. Any tips appreciated.

LC in Cleveland, Ohio

93 months ago

Guide

Paul-In some areas Portamedic does not have enough work for someone wanting to get hired. They have enough workers in the region covering it for them. I would keep checking in though,like with e-mails. And in my profile is a link to a website that I help manage that has a lot of information about this field,on the message board.

Didn't RediClinic use to be called Interfit? I first applied to them in the spring of 2006. They would send me e-mails about work and by the time I got back to them the positions (which were never that close by) had already been filled,even if it was a matter of minutes. Now they have a method of sending you a list of nearby sites that you check off as to what you want and they say someone will be contacting you within 48 hours-only they never have. So how were you able to get work?

93 months ago

I'll be sure to keep checking-in with Portamedic, it may just be that they haven't anything to do, or haven't reviewed my resume.

RediClinic did indeed used to be InterFit. I signed on Oct 1 2006, so this is my 1-year anniversary. They tell me they're always looking for contractors, so why not send your paperwork back again. In fact, when I checked messages this morning, there was a confirmation request from RediClinic waiting. The jobs ARE erratic, and never in-the-neighborhood, but not bad either. I get either flat-rate, or close to $20 an hour, which isn't that bad.

My last job was over in Alabama, but I was willing to do it, because I had other business to attend to on the way to and from, otherwise I probably would not have taken the gig. My next job won't be for a couple weeks, but once someone is "in", they'll get confirmation emails or job choices to check-off and just click to send back to HQ.

Try calling 866-935-0333 and ask to speak to a recruiting manager. That's how I started.

93 months ago

OK...and this has WHAT to do with nursing ????

93 months ago

Well, I started off giving flu shots, and lately I've been doing cholesterol screens. You said that only RN's can give flu shots, but that might be with a particular company or in a particular state, but I've done them as an MA. Of course, we're under doctor's scrutiny, and we also have standing orders for Epi just in case. So far, I've not heard of any problems, and the people I've served, mostly seniors, have been quite pleased.

Even though I'm not an RN (yet), I am often chosen as the team lead. Of course, I do take what I can get, because my regular job is kinda erratic, and this fits in nicely. I'd like to drop the regular job, and do several of these medic gigs.

93 months ago

I went back and checked the report abuse link.

I also checked the retail health site, but didn't see a link to apply for positions, so I'll call them at some point.

Thanks,
Paul

LISA in Tolleson, Arizona

92 months ago

HELLO,
I HAVE 16 YRS EXPERIENCE IN PHLEBOTOMY.
I WANT TO WORK INDEPENDENT. ANY ONE HAS ANY SUGGESTIONS ON HOW TO START MY OWN MOBILE PHLEBOTOMY SERVICE IN ARIZONA.

UNIDENTIFIED in Milwaukee, Wisconsin

92 months ago

I WORKED FOR PORTAMEDIC IN WISCONSIN AND THERE WAS NEVER ENOUGH CLIENTS THE BIGGEST CHECK I RECEIEVED FROM THEM WAS ONLY 700 DOLLARS. THEY RUN THEIR COMPANY VERY UNORGANIZED AND FAX TONS OF INFORMATION THAT SHOULD BE SENT IN THE MAIL AND EXPECT YOU TO PAY FOR ALL THE RETURN MAIL YOU SENT OUT FOR THEM.

Jennifer in Lawrenceville, Georgia

92 months ago

Hi,I was laid off from my Phlebotomist job 2 yrs ago. I took some time off to get myself and family members together; but now that i'm looking 2 yrs. later it's been difficult finding a job due to the 2 yr.gap please give me some insight as what to put for that 2yr. gap on my resume. I've been looking for the past 6 months without any success.

Wendy St. in Jonesboro, Arkansas

92 months ago

my daughter had brain surgery and i had to take off for over a year and ive been looking for work for almost a year so if get any leads please post them . thanks

Wendy St. in Jonesboro, Arkansas

92 months ago

does anyone have any info on where a good place to purchase equipment would be? i need a centrifuge and whatever else. what size do i need? i lost a job b/c i did not own my own centrifuge.

LC in Cleveland, Ohio

92 months ago

Guide

Try-
www.paramedicalexaminer.net/

There is a topic on there about obtaining supplies.

Linda in Hollywood, Florida

92 months ago

HI . I'm a phlebotomist and i a'm very interested in how start my own business as a phlebotomist but i do not know what i need to get started i have worked as an examiner for Examone for 1 year but the pay is not too good please help

Linda in Hollywood, Florida

92 months ago

HI . I'm a phlebotomist and i a'm very interested in how start my own business as a phlebotomist but i do not know what i need to get started i have worked as an examiner for Examone for 1 year but the pay is not too good please help

LC in Cleveland, Ohio

92 months ago

Guide

I would suggest going to phlebotomy websites and posting that question on their message board. Check out the one I posted above,there is a "Starting Your Own Company" topic on there.

LC in Cleveland, Ohio

92 months ago

Guide

Paul in Kennesaw, Georgia said: Well, I started off giving flu shots, and lately I've been doing cholesterol screens. You said that only RN's can give flu shots, but that might be with a particular company or in a particular state, but I've done them as an MA. Of course, we're under doctor's scrutiny, and we also have standing orders for Epi just in case.

Paul-I hope you see this to answer a question. I am pretty sure I heard you this evening on the Rediclinic teleconference. I finally got a position with them, due to the thoughtfulness of an RN that works for them who referred me (after hearing my complaints on how they have never contacted me). I am thinking that is one way to get a PBT/MA job with a company like Rediclinic or Retail Health-know a nurse who works for them.
You wrote of giving shots at flu clinics. I am trying to find out how can an MA give them without a doctor on the premises. In Ohio we have to have one nearby. Is it different in the state(s) you work in? If you look in my profile, you will see my e-mail address that you can respond directly to.
And check out the websites I have posted on this thread,especially the last one. They give a lot of good information for paramedical examiners.

92 months ago

LC:

I can give flu shots if there's a RN present in my state, and we're under *SOME* doctor's scrutiny, somewhere within the RediClinic company structure. However, on my last gig, the RN basically didn't let me give one single shot, so that wasn't good.

Yes, I was on the teleconference call, and I ended up having to go back to the client site, and recover the vaccine, and will have to pack it for shipment MON morning. I didn't care for the new co-worker I had, for I've worked with far-better people. But all in all, I made my money, and I really don't care, it's just the principle of it all...we were supposed to split the job. Houston (Chris) was not pleased with how that gig went. So, I made a few extra brownie points after the fact by being willing to go back to the site and get the aforementioned vaccine, after having worked more than 10 hours overnight.

Something else that I noticed about that conference call, is that everyone was not there on time, and some checked in up to 30 minutes LATE. As I pointed out later, that's not professional behavior, and should be taken into consideration the next time they dole-out assignments.

See on the next conference call !
Paul

LC in Cleveland, Ohio

92 months ago

Guide

Paul in Kennesaw, Georgia said:
LC:
I can give flu shots if there's a RN present in my state, and we're under *SOME* doctor's scrutiny, somewhere within the RediClinic company structure. However, on my last gig, the RN basically didn't let me give one single shot, so that wasn't good.
Paul

Do you mean if there is a RN present period? For Retail Health they are only having nurses administer the flu vaccine,which is leaving out a lot of out of work MAs.

I am doing my first phlebotomy clinic for RediClinic next month and had a few questions for you so if you can write me at llc114@aol.com I would appreciate it.

Thanks for answering. Yeah,that kind of bugged me also that so many came late to the call and the head woman didn't say anything about it to them.

kassia in Grand Blanc, Michigan

92 months ago

looking to start business in grand blanc nothern michigan area any suggestions.currently working as a insurance agent with back ground as a medical asst.

Professional Health Examiners (P.H.E.) in Thousand Oaks, California

92 months ago

Professional Health Examiners is currently looking to hire life insurance paramedical examiners/MD's in all states! We are nationwide!!!

If interested in working for us, please call 805.277.3514

Looking forward to hearing from you!

-P.H.E. Team

Svang in Stockton, California

92 months ago

I'm interest in becoming mobile phlebotomist. Please let me know how or what I need to get started. I'm in Stockton, CA.

Professional Health Examiners (P.H.E) in Thousand Oaks, California

92 months ago

Great....we are always looking!!

Please call 805.277.3514 for all the details.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

-P.H.E Team

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.