how do I obtain a certificate in phlebotomy in Birmingham al PLEASE HELP

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 175)
Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

amber in Birmingham, Alabama

82 months ago

I am looking to obtain a certificate in phlebotomy in Birmingham and have no idea where to start please help!!!!! I just want to take the phlebotomy certificate program

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (206) / No (23) Reply - Report abuse

della

82 months ago

Jefferson State Community College offers a course under it's non-credit program.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (47) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

Nekohana Cross in Detroit, Michigan

79 months ago

I've went to Medright for my EMT classes. I learned A lot attending that school. Now I would like to take a phlebotomy class. Is there a Phlebotomy Classes that's more affordable? Due to the Economy.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (60) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Stacey

78 months ago

V.Holloway in Atlanta, Georgia said: I just got my certification from MEDCERT. It was only a weekend and the cost was 300.00. Shelley Frazier was the trainer and she was excellent. She travels to different cities training and providing certifications.

Was the course helpful and were you able to find a job fairly quick?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (40) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Cheryle Cate in Knoxville, Tennessee

78 months ago

V.Holloway in Atlanta, Georgia said: I just got my certification from MEDCERT. It was only a weekend and the cost was 300.00. Shelley Frazier was the trainer and she was excellent. She travels to different cities training and providing certifications.

I too took te MEDCERT CERTIFICATION CLASS-please advise me of how long it took you to receive your certificate once you completed the course. I took the course over fathers day in Knoxville and have yet to receive certificate.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (26) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

LAKINDRA LEVERETT in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

77 months ago

Cheryle Cate in Knoxville, Tennessee said: I too took te MEDCERT CERTIFICATION CLASS-please advise me of how long it took you to receive your certificate once you completed the course. I took the course over fathers day in Knoxville and have yet to receive certificate.

CAN YOU PLEASE SEND ME THE INFORMATION FOR THIS CLASS VIA EMAIL(kindralev@yahoo.com)
thank you!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cheryle Cate in Knoxville, Tennessee

77 months ago

Medcert phone numeber 1-931-363-0637 call M-Th 9:00a.m.-4:00p.m.

Good Luck

Cheryle

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

Cat

77 months ago

FOXY BROWN in Birmingham, Alabama said: I just finished my Phlebotomy classes at Health Care Academy. The course was about 2 weeks plus a week of clinicals. The course was 450.00 or less.It was quick and easy. Its located on Center Point Parkway. The guy to contact is Ray the number is 296-1572

Did you receive a certifate?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (23) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

sweet k in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

77 months ago

FOXY BROWN in Birmingham, Alabama said: I just finished my Phlebotomy classes at Health Care Academy. The course was about 2 weeks plus a week of clinicals. The course was 450.00 or less.It was quick and easy. Its located on Center Point Parkway. The guy to contact is Ray the number is 296-1572

Have you been successful at finding a job? Are you certified? Do you get the certificate right then?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

FOXY BROWN in Birmingham, Alabama

77 months ago

This is Foxy Brown and Yes I got a certificate right then for completing the phlebotomy program, but no I did not get my phlebotomy certification. You have to wait for about an year to have all the requirements for the state exam like a certain amount of sticks, and be able to preform different techniques.And actually I work at a hospital as a lab tech and majortiy of my coworkers are not certified and thay have be working as a phlebotomist for many years without being certified. You can still find a job as long as you have had some type of phlebotomy training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

kindra in Birmingham, Alabama

77 months ago

With medcert do you recieve a certification or just the certificate?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Melissa in Biloxi, Mississippi

76 months ago

Would you please email me the contact information for Medcert? Thanks mscaulder@att.net

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (9) / No Reply - Report abuse

T.Gage in Mobile, Alabama

76 months ago

I took the Medcert class in August of 2004 in Mobile Al at a local hotel( Residence Inn) with a young lady from Birmingham and have yet to recieve my certificate I have called the number that was provided by the newspaper and also have called the Better Business Bureau to report the matter I paid 350.00 for this class and several of the participates in this class also had trouble getting their certificate I have yet to recieve mine. The number that was provided was disconnected and the instructors number was also disconnected. has anyone else had this problem or is my case rare and is their a way for me to obtain my long awaited certificate?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Melissa in Gulfport, Mississippi

76 months ago

I also took the class and have yet to recieve the certificate. Did the BBB have anything to say about the company or are they fake?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

T.Gage in Mobile, Alabama

76 months ago

The numbers that were given were disconnected and they wasn't listed with the BBB the 1 931 363 0637 number just rings and I attempted to go to the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory and they wasn't list with them so I really don't know. When I found this website I was hopeful because others have said they also took the class and received their certificate, but not I and its been 3 years almost. Good luck in your pursuit.

Gertie Fields

76 months ago

I too am having difficulty with getting my certification after completing the Medcert class. Does anyone have a fax number or another way to contact this company

sweet k in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

76 months ago

Has anyone ever heard of medtexx?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Tonya in Lincolnton, Georgia

76 months ago

i GOT MY TRAINING FROM THEM TWO AND I JUST RECIEVED MY MEDCERT MEDICAL SERVICES AND IM HAVING PROBLEMS FINDING A JOB IN ALABAMA HOW DID YOU FIND A JOB AT A HOSPITAL OR DOCTORS OFFICE.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tonya in Lincolnton, Georgia

76 months ago

sweet k in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: Have you been successful at finding a job? Are you certified? Do you get the certificate right then?

no you dont get your certificate right then they mail it out to you after you complete the class and that takes five to ten bussiness days and a list of job referals

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

AERIAL CONWELL in Riverdale, Georgia

76 months ago

HELLO IM TRYING TO BECOME A PHLEBOTOMIST BUT I DONT WHERE TO START. COULD YOU GIVE ME SOME INFORMATION ON WHERE TO GO. MY EMAIL ADDRESS IS GEMINI1062002@YAHOO.COM

tonya from birmingham, Al in Greenville, South Carolina

76 months ago

I got trained throught Shelly Frazier I am having a hard time finding a job but here is the number you will recieve your certification in ten to five bussiness days after the class along with a list of job referals in your area like birmingham or huntsville here is the number 1-931-363-0637. Shelly will answer the phone just ask her when will there be a class held in birmingham and she will tell u the date and the cost is $350.00 for the class 300.00 and 50.00 to register for the class to hold your spot. Good luck !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

keisha in Birmingham, Alabama

76 months ago

I am very interested in becoming a phlebotomist and I was thinking about calling medcert. Is it legit or a phony. I don't want to pay my money and then don't get any results, cause I can't afford that. Does anybody know of a place to go and receive phlebotomy training.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Angie Sutton in Columbus, Mississippi

76 months ago

I was going to attend a weekend class one time in Tuscaloosa Ala to get certifide in phlebotomy..i cant seem to find the website anymore..does anyone happen to know thanks

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

keisha in Pittsboro, North Carolina

75 months ago

have any body took medtexx medical corporation traing classes for phlemboyomy

Mrs. Clemons in Greensboro, Georgia

75 months ago

I am a recent graduate as a certified phlebotomist. I want to take the test to become Nationally certified. Could you please let me know if there is a site in Georgia where I can take this test to obtain this certification.

mb in Beech Island, South Carolina

75 months ago

i was wondering where i can get certified to be a phlebotomist in birminham alabama

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

N Jones in Birmingham, Alabama

75 months ago

FOXY BROWN in Birmingham, Alabama said: This is Foxy Brown and Yes I got a certificate right then for completing the phlebotomy program, but no I did not get my phlebotomy certification. You have to wait for about an year to have all the requirements for the state exam like a certain amount of sticks, and be able to preform different techniques.And actually I work at a hospital as a lab tech and majortiy of my coworkers are not certified and thay have be working as a phlebotomist for many years without being certified. You can still find a job as long as you have had some type of phlebotomy training.

FOXY BROWN thank you so very much for the information. I had the opportunity to speak with Ray earlier this year and was very interested, but wanted to get some input from someone that had already taken the course from HEALTHCARE ACADEMY as well. I was advised that I would need to take the basic nursing skils course first and then the phlebotomy course afterwards. I just wanted to make sure that if I did invest $790 for both courses I would have an opportunity to be hired by a hospital in the Birmingham area.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Prestina Reyes in Atlanta, Georgia

75 months ago

HELLO IM TRYING TO BECOME A PHLEBOTOMIST BUT I DONT WHERE TO START. COULD YOU GIVE ME SOME INFORMATION ON WHERE TO GO. MY EMAIL ADDRESS lpreyes14@hotmail.com.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

mary frances

75 months ago

I received my CMA 20 years ago. I worked as a phlebotomist for 5 years and would like to take an R.O.P. course to brush up on my skills and obtain the certificate I need to go back into the field. Any ideas where I can receive just a phlebotomy certificate? I live in Phoenix, Az.

Shae B in Portland, Oregon

74 months ago

I am looking for an position as a Phlebotomy Instructor and do not know how to start. I will also be relocating to the Birmingham, AL area soon. If there are any suggestions please let me know. I am currently working as a phlebotomist and train new staff.

Amy S in Huntsville, Alabama

74 months ago

I took the course from Medcert. It was to last a weekend, well we only had a few in the class so the SUB did it in one day. I don't feel like it was worth the money. It took so long to get the certifcation and list that I felt like I had forgotten how to do it. Do I think it is good NO. The list is no good I went to three of the places and they just looked at me. Please don't waste your time and hard earned money on these people. I am sure there is a better place to go.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

Were you able to get a job from the list they gave out?

Jamie in Lenoir City, Tennessee

74 months ago

I am looking to obtain a certificate in phlebotomy in Knoxville Tn area and have no idea where to start please help!!! I just want to take the phlebotomy certificate program if possible!!!

Jamie in Lenoir City, Tennessee

74 months ago

I am looking to obtain a certificate in phlebotomy in Knoxville Tn area and have no idea where to start please help!!!!! I just want to take the phlebotomy certificate program if possible

Deb A in Birmingham, Alabama

74 months ago

Amy S in Huntsville, Alabama said: Were you able to get a job from the list they gave out?

Listen up! Medcert may give you a certificate, but thats not the same as being certified and also do you really think you can learn what it takes in two days ? Dont give these people your hard earned money !

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

74 months ago

I agree with you all the way. Had I seen this site I would not have wasted my money. Also I didn't even get a TWO day class. The class I took if you want to tell it that took so many breaks and the sub did not want to be there so we left early. Do I want a refund YES. I will look into other classes. Not with MEDCERT!

Shade in Hainesport, New Jersey

74 months ago

keisha in Pittsboro, North Carolina said: have any body took medtexx medical corporation traing classes for phlemboyomy

Hey I just recently schedualed to take the medtexx phlebotomy one weekend course which is schedualed to be 11/8/08 in philadelphia. It was 400.00 before the 10/24 and 450 after that, but it is 475 at the door. You can call them or go online and fide out if they will be in your area anytime soon. Their email address is www.medtexx.com. I have 2 numbers for them. One is their toll free number and the other is their number in Florida which is where they are based out of. Good luck hopefully this was helpful, and do you want me to let you know how it turns out for me? P.S. Girl they would not let me put their numbers in the reply so here goes my email address snslove8571@yahoo.com. Just email me and I will give them to you that way ok.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Snslove1 in Camden, New Jersey

74 months ago

I don't know why they have my city as Hainesport NJ but I live in Cherry Hill NJ and I am Shade, but I'm new to the site so please forgive me lol. Anyway has anybody taken a medtexx course before? I hope its not the bs and I haven't wasted my 400.00, cause I will be really pissed. Anyway I'm glad I found this site. I am a nurse, but I wanted to take up this phlebotomy course to make some extra money. Anyway good luck to you all.

chuchi in Pico Rivera, California

74 months ago

adriana in Downey, California said: Does anybody know where I can get certified as a phlebotomist, I've been a Medical Assistant for over twenty years and I know how to draw blood. I also worked in USC University hospital as a phlebotomist 10 years ago. I need a fast class and inexpensive thanks

Good luck with inexpensive. I went to Newbridge College in Santa Ana. It was easy and the teacher was very helpful. I know the price went up oppose to before when you first had to be cert. I'm glad I went when I did. You can go to www.newbridgecollege.com. Good Luck I hope this helps.

lillyhmom in Birmingham, Alabama

73 months ago

I live in B'ham, AL and I was wondering if anyone knows of any classes close to my home??

DebraA in Birmingham, Alabama

73 months ago

Yes Lily, you may take the Phlebotomy course at Jefferson State Community College.

Linda Morris in Odenville, Alabama

73 months ago

lillyhmom in Birmingham, Alabama said: I live in B'ham, AL and I was wondering if anyone knows of any classes close to my home??

I just seen something yesterday online about MedTexx and LabCorp offering a phlebotomy class but it isn't until 3/21/09 for the Birmingham, Al area. I also noticed that you can take an online class through MedTexx to be an OB Tech. That sounded very interesting to me. Just thought I'd share this with ya! Good Luck

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Snslove1 in Camden, New Jersey

73 months ago

Linda Morris in Odenville, Alabama said: I just seen something yesterday online about MedTexx and LabCorp offering a phlebotomy class but it isn't until 3/21/09 for the Birmingham, Al area. I also noticed that you can take an online class through MedTexx to be an OB Tech. That sounded very interesting to me. Just thought I'd share this with ya! Good Luck

Well i just took the medtexx class on the 15th of this november and it was a very good class and the instructer was very good and informative. I'm waitin for my license in the mail now it takes about 2weeks. But the money is well worth it because you get your license without having to take a test. So if you can afford it go for it.

Debra A in Birmingham, Alabama

73 months ago

To Linda M. of Odenville : I would appreciate it if you would give me the website or email to find out about the class that will begin in march at Labcorp in Birmingham.

Debra A in Birmingham, Alabama

73 months ago

Linda Morris in Odenville, Alabama said: I just seen something yesterday online about MedTexx and LabCorp offering a phlebotomy class but it isn't until 3/21/09 for the Birmingham, Al area. I also noticed that you can take an online class through MedTexx to be an OB Tech. That sounded very interesting to me. Just thought I'd share this with ya! Good Luck

To Linda M.: Will you get back to me with the website or email for the class starting in March at Labcorp?

O in Birmingham, Alabama

72 months ago

I AMWILL BE TAKING UP A COUSRE AT BEVILL STATE COMMUNITY COLLEGE THIS JAN. THE JASPER CAMPUS I WAS HESITATE ABOUT TAKING IT WITH MED CERT BECAUSE OF THE STORIES ON HERE THE BEST ADVICE I COULD GIVE IS BEFORE YOU START PAYING THESE PEOPLE TOGET YOUR CERTIFICATE IN A WEEK OR 2 YOU BETTER RESEARCH BECAUSE I HEAR OF TO MANY PEOPLE GETTING SCAMMED INTO PAYING THEIR MONEY AND THEN NO CERTIFICATE OF COUSRSE MEDCERT IS 450-475 BUT WHY NOT PAY THE 695 FOR SOMETHING LEGIT IT WILL BE WORTH IT IN THE LONG RUN

rachie2531 in Albertville, Alabama

72 months ago

I am looking for doctors offices or hospitals in the area of North Alabama to put in some time to volunteer for phlebotomy. If anyone knows of any doctors offices or hospitals that will do this, please let me know. I am enrolled to take the Phlebotomy course in January but I thought if I could get some volunteer time in, it would also look good for my experience. At least it would be better than no experience. Please email me if you have any helpful information. Thanks so much!!! rachie2531@yahoo.com

E in Morton, Mississippi

71 months ago

della said: Jefferson State Community College offers a course under it's non-credit program.

Hi, I just moved here to brookhaven,ms. And would like to get some kind of schooling while I'm here. Do you know if the program is still going on? Please send information to my email address.(jonesccerica@yahoo.com)

ShellyBSally in Biloxi, Mississippi

71 months ago

I live in Gulfport, MS..Does anyone know of a place were I can a certificate in a short period of time down here? I saw the comments about B'ham and inquired. PLEASE HELP AND SEND INFO!

miabattygal@yahoo.com

71 months ago

I did the short class over a weekend and I have not been able to find a job. Does anyone know where to look in Huntsville, AL. I had thought I could pick up some weekend work bu I'm not having any luck.

Page:   1  2  3  4  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.