hiring a phlebotomist

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (42)

new doc in Atlanta, Georgia

101 months ago

I am thinking of hiring a phlebotomist for my practice, as i usually send all of my patients to outside places for routine draws. Does anyone know if I need special medical insurance to hire phlebotomists? what happens if they get stuck or something.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (37) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Sandi in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma

101 months ago

new doc in Atlanta, Georgia said: I am thinking of hiring a phlebotomist for my practice, as i usually send all of my patients to outside places for routine draws. Does anyone know if I need special medical insurance to hire phlebotomists? what happens if they get stuck or something.

I would ask your insurance company that question. They would know the right answer to your question.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

Renee in Upper Marlboro, Maryland

95 months ago

Hire a Independant Contracted Phlebotomist and you would not have to worry about their liability issues. They will take care of their own insurance being contractors. They can come into your office when blood work needs to be collected whichever way you and the contractor agree.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Shelley in North Hollywood, California

87 months ago

new doc in Atlanta, Georgia said: I am thinking of hiring a phlebotomist for my practice, as i usually send all of my patients to outside places for routine draws. Does anyone know if I need special medical insurance to hire phlebotomists? what happens if they get stuck or something.

I am a phleblotomist looking for work, I have my own insurance.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Seeking Phleb Jobs in Moreno Valley, California

85 months ago

I am a phlebotomist also and have been looking for a job. I have experience with all ages of people incuding pediatrics. Please email me at Erin_Cafferty86@yahoo.com if you are interested.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

D. Adkins in Huntington, West Virginia

85 months ago

A lot of physicians hire a phlebotomist for thier practices for many reasons,the nurse or ma may be busy or need to be free to get the next patient set up. As far as insurance if your nurse or ma has been doing this till now they should cover a certified person working in your office. I myself have been certified for the past 5 years and have worked in clinical and hospital settings. I also have certifications in ekg, cna, medical coding, and phlebotomy. If you are near Huntington WV. I would be interested in working for you. e-mail me at www.diana.3310@hotmail.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

D.A. in Los Angeles, California

84 months ago

looking for a phlebotomist los angeles san fernando valley< subcontract> must have own centrifuge mobile work

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

D.A. in Los Angeles, California

84 months ago

what is your contact info shelly

patricia in Atlanta, Georgia

81 months ago

I work for a great company in Atlanta Georgia called Advanced LabTesting.We place in house phlebotomist on sites,whichworks out very well.A lot of physicians hire phlebotomist for their practices for many reasons,the nurse or the medical assistant maybe buzy.or need to be free,to get the next patient set up.We also provide all equipment.At the end of the month you pay us we give you 25% back after all its your patients to begin with.

mariahollins in queensborough, United Kingdom

81 months ago

Work and Live Hotel London United Kingdom

TROY HOTEL LONDON
Address: 68-70 Queensborough Terrace
W2 3SH London, United Kingdom
Metro : Queensway
Demanded number of workers:85

Greeting to you . This is to inform the general public for the current existing job opportunity in London Troy hotel,UK .
Troy hotel need manpower to work and live in Troy hotel,London,UK . The total requirements will be 85 workers. Workers that have the ability to work hard only need to apply and must agreed to abide by the hotel rules and regulation.
Salary: is very attractive depending on experience to be found in our salary and benefit which will be forwarded to you for your perusal. The management cares for applicant accommodation ,security including your air ticket, etc. And will provide all the relevant backup documents to enable the applicant get his/her visa at UK-Embassy in the applicant country. The Human Resource Department of Troy Hotels UK is looking for higly skilled workers, the floor management of Troy Hotel will help every successful applicant to get visa and work permit for your entry into London. consideration is given to highly experienced skilled workers in executive and administrative position with 4-5 yrs experienced with B.Sc,MCA,diploma certfificates./ administrative executive, accountant executive,It Engeneers/Technician /sales executive/ Front office executive / headWaiters / F.O.B manager / Event coordinators/Finance/computer software Engeneers and networking, Well experienced staff for all the levels in all departments of five star hotels
Visas will be issued upon approval from UK-Immigration home office. Applicant interested to work with us should respond to this mail as a matter of urgency to our vacancymanager or send your CV/Resume toEmail: hrcmmanagertroyhotel@hotmail.co.uk
for more informations and procedures.
Thanks
Madam M

Lorraine halder in Los Angeles, California

77 months ago

D.A. in Los Angeles, California said: Im looking for a phlebotomist to subcontract

If your still looking or have position available for a Phlebotomist, please contact me.
I am a Certified Phlebotomist.

skashman in Chatsworth, California

77 months ago

Hello My name is Shelley. Please let me know how to inquire about the phlebotomist position opening.

Regards,
Shelley

nikig in Atlanta, Georgia

77 months ago

patricia in Atlanta, Georgia said: I work for a great company in Atlanta Georgia called Advanced LabTesting.We place in house phlebotomist on sites,whichworks out very well.A lot of physicians hire phlebotomist for their practices for many reasons,the nurse or the medical assistant maybe buzy.or need to be free,to get the next patient set up.We also provide all equipment.At the end of the month you pay us we give you 25% back after all its your patients to begin with.

Hi Patricia. I had a question for you. I completed a phlebotomy program in May 2009 and became nationally certified through NHA Sept 2009. Have since then been looking for a Phlebotomy position and no leads. Is your company hiring phlebotomist? Please let me know. You can email me at minnie_40@hotmail.com. Thanks

icarter2008@*****.*** in Atlanta, Georgia

77 months ago

Hi, my name is Inga i just moved back to atlanta ga not to long ago.Now looking for work, im a Great phlebotomist. i have 5 years experience, 2 of those years came from internal medicine, where i was lab manger open and closed lab, draw and process specimen,have all specimens ready for carrier pick up all outside lab such as labcorp,quest,spectum,etc.i am also able able of understanding IDC9 codes. please email me at icarter2008@yahoo.com so that i may foward you my resume, that is if your interest! if not maybe you could pass it along to someone else you know thats hiring phlebotomist at this time. theres nothing like good ole networking:)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

babygirl in Lansing, Michigan

74 months ago

HI,IM A PHLEBOTOMIST WITH 11 YEARS EXPERIENCE LOOKING FOR WORK ,IM WILLING TO RELOCATE FOR THE RIGHT OFFER.PLEASE CONTACT ME AT APRILMCMANN@GMAIL.COM. THANK YOU

only1bren in Markham, Illinois

73 months ago

if your Medicial Assistant was drawing blood would you need special insurance? Phlebotomist are not required to have liability insurance although it can to purchase, one othere suggestion there are so many new grads that are looking for work, would you take a chance and hire a new grad.

73 months ago

hey did your check out labcorp and Quest in your area

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Becca in Brentwood, California

72 months ago

I just got certified and having a hard time getting a job.. Anyone have any advice..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

elisa in Mission, Texas

72 months ago

Im a phlebotomist Ive been doing this for 5 years and im looking for a job if anybody intrested please let me know.

debismustang68@*****.*** in Cincinnati, Ohio

71 months ago

I'm in Mansfield, OH.

I am a Certified Phlebotomis, looking for a job. I was a Dialysis Tech for 1 year, and I did my Phlebotomy training in Columbus, OH. Did my clinical at LabCorp of Mansfield,OH, with and "outstanding" as my final preception.

I am very good at drawing blood and just need someone to give me a chance. Most places want a year of "paid" experience...well, how do I get that if no one will give me a chance? I would love to work for a private Dr's office or a hospital.

debismustang68@*****.*** in Cincinnati, Ohio

71 months ago

Becca in Brentwood, California said: I just got certified and having a hard time getting a job.. Anyone have any advice..

Becca, I feel your pain! I am in the same boat. School promised a job right away, but nothing. I have tried LabCorp & Quest. They all want "paid" experience. I wish you luck!

Erin Cafferty in Duluth, Georgia

71 months ago

Keep your heads up guys!! I got certifed last year and it almost took me a year to find a job. Most people are looking for experience phlebotomist jobs but there are some places that do take people right out of school. Just keep applying EVERYWHERE and eventually something will come up. Once you get your foot in the door somewhere it will all be uphill from there. I'm on my third phlebotomy job and I'm loving it. Stay positive! =)

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

60quetta in Cleveland, Ohio

71 months ago

I just got certified april this year and Im still looking your right everyone wants 6 months to a year experience at least....I didnt think it would be this hard.....

Linda woz in Buffalo, New York

71 months ago

Don't any of you just get hired during your internships? The school I'm going to start in early October for phlebotomy said that 50% of their students are hired during their internships.

babygirl in Lansing, Michigan

71 months ago

HELLO, GO FOR IT, DONT LET ANYONE GET YOU DOWN. IN MICHIGAN ALOT OF EMPLOYERS WANY YOU TO HAVE SOME TIME UNDER YOUR BELT WITH VEINIPUNCTURE. MY BEST EXPERIENCE CAME FROM JUMPING IN WITH A HOSPITAL, THERE YOU WILL GET THE MOST PRACTICE AND ALL TYPES OF PATIENTS FROM THE ELDERLY TO THE NEW BORNS. AFTER THAT YOU WILL BE HOME FREE PLUS THERE IS ALOT OF HELP IN THE HOSPITAL OTHER PHLEBS TO HELP YOU ALONG YOUR JOURNEY DRAWING BLOOD, GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

gechard in Forney, Texas

68 months ago

elisa in Mission, Texas said: Im a phlebotomist Ive been doing this for 5 years and im looking for a job if anybody intrested please let me know.

Please send your resume to: Gechard@ih2s.com
We are looking for people that are interested in traveling, great at getting blood, and willing to learn how to perform other tests.

gechard in Forney, Texas

68 months ago

Please send your resume to: Gechard@ih2s.com
We are looking for people that are interested in traveling, great at getting blood, and willing to learn how to perform other tests.

stephane jenkins in Atlanta, Georgia

64 months ago

Yess~!! Hire me...to recieve my resume, email me @ stephane.jenkins@att.net...thats is you haven't already found someone.

stephane jenkins in Atlanta, Georgia

64 months ago

thanks

gechard in Rowlett, Texas

64 months ago

Nothing special....You would need to cover them under your liability insurance. You cannot defend against them gettig stuck. Get one that is not right out of school and with experince...you do not wnat them making a pin cushion out of your patients.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

brenda in Highland, Indiana

64 months ago

I have been a phlebotomist for over 11 years, and I think it is unfair to say that new grads are terrible at drawing. There are phlebotomist I have come in contact with in my time that have worked in the field for many years that are not good phlebotomist. Please give a new grad a chance. I was glad that 11 years ago someone took a chance on me. Not only to I draw I teach phlebotomy also.

Erin in Duluth, Georgia

64 months ago

I have been a phlebotomist for over 2 years now and worked at clinics and hospitals in California, Florida and now Atlanta, Georgia. If your still looking for an experienced phlebotomist, here's my email... erin_cafferty86@yahoo.com I will send you my resume...Thanks

prettylashey in Atlanta, Georgia

63 months ago

Hi, I am also looking for a phlebotomy job I have a year of experience and I am a coder/biller. My email address is prettylashey@yahoo.com. I am available to work as soon as possible and am very flexible.

aprilmcmann in Lansing, Michigan

63 months ago

Sandi in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma said: I would ask your insurance company that question. They would know the right answer to your question.

I am a phlebotomist in michigan,any employee that works in your office is covered under workmans comp insurance for needle sticks and or any on the job injury.Also i work for a lab that supplies our own phlebs and i work in providers offices drawing their patients ,so that is also an idea to sub your phlebs from the private labs to keep liability costs down. just an idea.Any questions please feel free to e-mail. I may be re locating to ga in the near future would like to hear of any oppotunities thanks

sara in Howard Beach, New York

59 months ago

I am a phlebotomist looking for work, I have my own insurance

newcpt-1 in Buena Park, California

58 months ago

Hi everyone,

I graduated in April and received my certification in July and still no luck. If there's anyone out there looking for a Certified Phlebotomy Technician in the Orange County area, I'm Available :0) Thanks and hope to hear from someone. Good Luck everyone

patricia Kinyua in Douglasville, Georgia

48 months ago

Hi am a phlebotomist and cma,cna, EKg looking for a job in Ga. I have experience in hospitals, Drs. offices and also clinics. Am available any day and time. Thank you.

tracy Williams in Baltimore, Maryland

42 months ago

Hello,
I own and run my own mobile phlebotomy business in baltimore,maryland. Would love to speak to about providing my services. Check out my website. www.wrightwaysvcs.webs.com

Charming D in Acworth, Georgia

41 months ago

Renee in Upper Marlboro, Maryland said: Hire a Independant Contracted Phlebotomist and you would not have to worry about their liability issues. They will take care of their own insurance being contractors. They can come into your office when blood work needs to be collected whichever way you and the contractor agree.

Not in the state of Georgia only when you are doing Life Insurance blood draw etc. and that is for some most companies covr that. they only insurance you carry as an independant contractor is auto because you are transporting the bllod.

Flor in Denver, Colorado

34 months ago

I am a Phlebotomist also and looking for a aJob.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rachelg0122 in Bay Saint Louis, Mississippi

32 months ago

Yes they have to be insured. I am a certified Phlebotomist. I have a national certificate which means I can work any where in the United States. Some schools that offer phlebotomy training are only for that particular state and certified to work only there and can not work anywhere else. That's off the subject however, I always share that because I find that a lot of people aren't aware of that!
However, back to your question....yes you have to have insurance. I am insured and students have to be insured when touching patients just in case a law suite ever arises. Anyhow I still am currently insured once you get insured you keep your own insurance and have to pay the insurance cost to keep it. It's typically an annual payment. It's really not expensive. I would ask the phlebotomist while interviewing them if they are currently insured and to prove it by bringing all of their insurance paper work and a copy of their policy. Which I have now and have had for a long time. You can even get it online and get extra copies emailed and printed. I would also state that in the job title and ad for employment. However, if you want to check to see if you could have them added to your insurance as well. But as stated they should already have insurance because I do and I am a certified phlebotomist through the ASPT.

32 months ago

I have worked as a phlebotomist for over 13 years. I also am a phlebotomy instructor I have never heard of an phlebotomy who is employed by an organization carrying their own liability insurance. Although there is low cost insurance available. If one wishes to purchase it. Secondly the only state at this time to my knowledge that
Requires additional training is California, and national certification means just that it is respected in any state. The only problem is employers are seeking phlebotomist that hold certain agency certificate such as ASCP. This organization has very strict guidelines for school.

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.