phlebotomy classes

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 97)
Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

jakisha tucker in Baltimore, Maryland

75 months ago

will someone please direct me with free or cheap phlebotomy classes.thakyou in advance

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (135) / No (25) Reply - Report abuse

jakisha tucker in Baltimore, Maryland

75 months ago

classes in the baltimore area

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (8) Reply - Report abuse

Alicia in Baltimore in Savage, Maryland

75 months ago

JAKISHA,TRY CCBC (COMMUNITY COLLEGE OF BALTIMORE COUNTY)I WENT TO THE ONE IN CATONSVILLE.THEY CHARGED I THINK 700.00 OR 800.00 AND THEY LET YOU MAKE PAYMENTS IN THREE INSTALLMENT(THIS IS CALLED THE FACTS PROGRAM)ALSO THERE IS A PROGRAM TO HELP YOU OUT WITH EXPENCES IF YOU ARE A SINGLE PARENT, IF YOU ARE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GET YOU THE INFOMATION.YOU CAN VIEW CCBC ONLINE

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (18) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

JAKISHA,Im not sure what location you would be looking for.The one I went throught is located on the Catonsville Community College campus.The organization is called Project Second Start its for single, low income mothers trying to make a better life(410-455-4719).They also have one located in Dundalk, if you need that one they will give you the number.That dosent mean you have to go to Dudalk or Cationsville,They do have other locations.They will pay for things outside of CCBC but,CCBC are the only ones I know that let you pay in installments.They can help with alot of things from career consuling,resume writing,helping you with funding for classes,tranportation cost,job search ect.The lady I delt with was Nancy Shualy(nice lady)you can tell her that I gave you the number.My name is Alicia Younger.They helped me with the cost of my clinical for the Phlebotomy course and my exam cost,paid one of the payments on my Pharmacy course and paid for my CPR class.The Phlebotomy class is anywhere from 3&1/2 to 4&1/2 months depending on the scheduale you chose.Then you have a two week clinical.Let me know if you need anymore info. Im a very resoucefull person.You have to be when you are a single parent.Let me know how it goes.I try to look at this site every week day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (19) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Michelle Henderson in West Des Moines, Iowa

75 months ago

jakisha tucker in Baltimore, Maryland said: will someone please direct me with free or cheap phlebotomy classes.thakyou in advance

Hello Jakisha, my name is Michelle and i know where you can get the phlebotomy training that you will need in order to be successful. Phlebotomy Services( www.phleb.com ), to me, is the best training anyone can get. They offer 1 or 3 day training, even better they offer phlebotomy training online at an even lower price.

If you search around, many phlebotmy training classes can last anywhere from 4-8 months and can cost an arm and a leg. With the phlebotomy Services( www.phleb.com ) youu can get the training you need with your certificate in days.

I hope this information was useful. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Michelle.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (12) Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

JAKISHA,while I am sure MICHELLE is just trying to be helpfull you can not get appropriate trainig online for phlebotomy.I can also assure you that a online course at some unknown online place will not impress employers.You need both book skill/personal instuction from a accredited school and instuctor and hands on training.At a accual school where you will get to build your skills while practicing on your other classmates.Not to forget to mention you do need clinical training after your class is completed.Try CCBC like I suggested but,if you decide not to go there than pick a place that will find you a clinical site because you will need it and its hard to find one on your own.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No Reply - Report abuse

LC in Cleveland, Ohio

75 months ago

Guide

Thank you,Alicia. This company has been posting on here in several places,including on a forum with mostly those from California writing on,and it's not going to help ANYONE there because they need 80 hours of training in that state,which this company cannot provide. Sure you can learn how to stick a needle into someone's arm in a one day training session but there is much,much more to phlebotomy than that. This company is not trying to be helpful but to get your money,at the expense of a lot of future patients who may end up with nerve damage or faulty test results,all because the person who stuck a sharp instrument into their arm wasn't trained properly.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

rhonda in Sandy, Utah

75 months ago

i am starting a phelbotomy class next week. i have orevious traing at a bryman school and did my practicum at a fhp nursing facillity. it turn out the school was not accreidated and fhp health care went out of busnines, so iam still stuck paying off that student loan. please check out schools that you know are credible. in the course i am taking i just want to brush up on my skills of blood drawing and giving shots again ,as i did go on in school and excellent patient care,charting and documentation skills. you can take an online course you need to be in class with other students and take advantage of taking finger sticks and using classmates and family and friends ,or work pro-bono to compleat your number of hours or sticks thank you rhonda

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Tasha in Baltimore, Maryland

75 months ago

I AM IN SEARCH OF PHLEBOTOMY TRAINING AS WELL. I HAVE LOOKED EVERY WHERE AND HAVE NOT BEEN SUCCESSFUL. YOU HAVE TO PAY AN ARM AND A LEG AND THEY DON'T EVEN ASSURE YOU JOB PLACEMENT. I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE THE HELP, THANK YOU!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

Alicia in Baltimore, Maryland

75 months ago

Hi Tarsha,My class was about 800.00 and the clinical was about 200.00.at first I was fussing because of the fact that you have to pay to work of free for about a week.However the clinical is very important(a must)and not something you want to be out there looking for yourself.I went to CCBC of Catonsville,I was allowed to brake the payments up in three.Its called the FACTS program its available for all the Community College of Baltimore County locations.I dont know if you are a single parent because if you are then I have a number to a place affiliated with the colleges that can help you with funding.If so hit me back,hope this was some help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

tasha in Baltimore, Maryland

75 months ago

Thanks Alicia. I am not a single parent, but i have a 5 1/2 month old and a 7 year old whom i care for at home. I havent been back to work since I had the new baby and I want to make the right decision when I do decide to start working. i am 25 and i don't want to be working some where i really don't want to be. this sounds like a perfect opportunity for me. if you have anymore information, please send it to me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

75 months ago

Hi Tasha,I dont realy know your situation.The program I was talking about is for single parents and women trying to return to the workforce.They help people that need help but they dont do a income check or a check of who is in your home.Of course they are going to figure if you are married and have the income of a spouse than you might not need the help.I worked,got support and lived with my boyfiend who makes good money but, they didnt have to know all that.They still payed for my CPR class,a payment on my phlebotomy and my pharmacy classes.I dont even know that you cant be married, married people still struggle.Anyway,if you want the info:Project Second Start 410-455-4719 this is located on the Catonsville campus.They also have one on the Dundalk campus.As far as the classes go if you go to the CCBC Catonsville website(they give you classes for all there locations Owings Mills,Essex,Genburnie ect.)Go to Continuing ED,under Allied Health its called venipuncture and specimen processing.There you should find the price and different avaible locatons.You must attend open house and have dotor clearence by start of class(vac for tuberculosis ect.)The Facts program is a payment program that you set up with the schools financial department.They break your fee into payments depenging on the length of your class.Classes for Plebotomy are usaly 3 1/2 months.Class hours very,can be just weekend or like mine 3 nights a week.Clinical is paid after class are over,the book is 80 and the cert. test was about 130.Very good program and fun too.If you have anymore questions let me know.

Tasha in Baltimore, Maryland

74 months ago

Alicia,
I have been trying to view this website for some time now but I believe it is having problems. You cannot view anything pertaining to this site. I am interested though and would like to get things rollong if its possible. If you have any more information I would greatly appreciate it.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

Alicia in Baltimore in Bethesda, Maryland

74 months ago

TASHA,
here is the URL go to coninuting ed,scheduals then health you sould find what you need.

www.ccbcmd.edu/future.html

Bryan K in Bronx, New York

74 months ago

I am looking for a Free or low cost phlebotomy course please help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Takiyah Campbell in Fort Lauderdale, Florida

74 months ago

Bryan K in Bronx, New York said: I am looking for a Free or low cost phlebotomy course please help

i went to new york medical careers training in flushing it wasnt exactly the cheapest but it wasnt that expensive and they have a flexible payment program but you have to seek out your own externship which wasnt difficult at all the instructor was a physician with who co owned a practice thats where i did mine

keishA in Baltimore, Maryland

74 months ago

im looking into phelebotmy also n i jus want something i can afford and wont take long to complete because i need to start paying off my student loans asap thanks

74 months ago

I dont know if you read my other post.The Community College of Baltimore County9CCBC)is a good place to go the class was like 700.00,the book was around 80 and the clinical witch you NEED was like 200.00.They let you brake your course fee down into payments.Its going to be like three payments because the course is about 31/2 months.If you are a single parent I do know of some plases that can help you with fees.Let me know if I can help in anyway.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

sherelle in Baltimore, Maryland

73 months ago

I want to do phelebotomy but i am pregnant i want to know can i do it now i don't have my baby in to november do they take finical aid i mean if i am going to a college

73 months ago

Sherelle,
You said your do in November so you might want to start after you have the baby.The class takes 2&1/2,3 months.You would never make it to finish even if you found a class that starts like next week.Well you could but,thats realy cutting it close.The phlebotomy course(venipuncture)is continuing ed so they offer no aid.You night want to do what I did and go at night.My classes were from 6pm to 9, 3 nights a week.this way you wont be away from the baby that long.I dont know if you are low income or single parent but there is a organisation I used myself.They are called Project Second Start based on the Catonsville Community College campus(410-455-4719).They have a program also on the Dundalk campus called Turning Point.They were very helpfull to me the paid for my CPR class,my phlebotomy clinical and made a payment for another course I took.you dont have to go to one of the community colleges to get help from them however CCBC has a payment program(The FACTS PROGRAM).The class is a lettle less than 900.00 so you would brake that into 3 payments.You will also have a two week clinical around 200.00.Whatever school make sure that it arranges a clinical for you because it is a must.Keep us posted

Jojo in Sacramento, California

73 months ago

Hi Everyone, I'm moving to DC in couple month. I work as Phlebotomisty in Sacramento,california. Anyone could tell me how I can stat looking a job over there? and How much they pay for stat?

Thank you.

Bryan K in Bronx, New York

73 months ago

I just wanted to say thank you for the information. I am enrolled in a course in manhattan not super expensive, i look at it as you can't put a price on education. Right? Thanks again

honeygrl in Erie, Pennsylvania

73 months ago

jakisha tucker in Baltimore, Maryland said: will someone please direct me with free or cheap phlebotomy classes.thakyou in advance

erie, pa has classes starting at great lakes business institue on 10/27/08. for 20weeks.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lauren d. in Baltimore, Maryland

73 months ago

i went to ccbc essex and payed all together for the venipuncture course a year ago $640 did my clinicals at patient first set up through ccbc $250 and later took my NHA exam for $105 which you can get a job with or without the test but for the 650 I did the FACTS program which splits your payment into 33% parts a month throughout the course time. I know some chose to sign up for the course and clinicals at once to make the payments stretch longer.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Anonymous in Gig Harbor, Washington

72 months ago

Michelle Henderson in West Des Moines, Iowa said: Hello Jakisha, my name is Michelle and i know where you can get the phlebotomy training that you will need in order to be successful. Phlebotomy Services( www.phleb.com ), to me, is the best training anyone can get. They offer 1 or 3 day training, even better they offer phlebotomy training online at an even lower price.

If you search around, many phlebotmy training classes can last anywhere from 4-8 months and can cost an arm and a leg. With the phlebotomy Services( www.phleb.com ) youu can get the training you need with your certificate in days.

I hope this information was useful. Hope you find what you're looking for.

Michelle.

---In response: Hmmm...that's if you can even get this company to respond to any of your inquiries! I don't think this company wants my business.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

sherry in Yucca Valley, California

72 months ago

www.universalclass.com/i/crn/14514.htmhere is the site for a online 50.00 class good luck

Wayne in Morgan Hill, California

71 months ago

Hello can anyone e-mail me I'm a realtor and anyine knows in California I'm out of work!!!! I was wondering about phlebotomy and what is the salary like.. please let me know...Thanks my e-mail is wyntknsn@yahoo.com

ariel

71 months ago

hi can anyone tell me where i can fine a free or cheap phlebotomy course in the NYC area

CPT I in Temecula, California

71 months ago

The starting pay for a Phleb in CA is around $14.00 per hr. in a Lab and at the hospital $16.00 - $17.00 per hr.. getting in the hospital is hard...most of them want experience people...Kaiser pays the best $17.00 - $18.00 to start...however you need @ leat 1 - 3 years experience to work for them....

Jojo in Sacramento, California

71 months ago

Yup, that is CA, It's verry hard to get a job.

t in Orland Park, Illinois

71 months ago

It was not called Phlebotomist. But in the Army national guard i am a medic we did blood draw. Some places say its ok and let you draw blood others do not. Check at a community college or hospital. Most I know are 3 class. Two class are classroom, 3rd is your internship.

Brian in Whippany, New Jersey

70 months ago

Hi I went to Dover Business college and was Certified by National Health Career Association , the college and the Certification has paid off and within 30 days i was able to get a job. I have been working in the field for the past year and i love it...
National Healthcareer Association is a really good Certification agency to deal with..I recommend them and Dover BC (a great School)

www.nhanow.com

Good luck
Brian

Courtney in Saint Louis, Missouri

70 months ago

does anyone actually have a job doing the phlebotomy?

courtney in Saint Louis, Missouri

70 months ago

i just want to know what they actually start out at?

Debbie in Hemet, California

70 months ago

Look for "Regional Occupational Program" in your area. It's free. With the exception of buying the book for $79.00.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

gthrsbrg2 in gaithersburg, Maryland

69 months ago

I am very enterested in the phlembotomy program at CCBC, I have done my research far as pricing the schools, and the availablities and CCBC is pretty desent. I am a single parent, but I reside in Montgomery County, MD. Do you have to be a Baltimore County Resident to get the help from FACTS, and PROJECT SECOND START?

Alicia in Baltimore in Arlington, Virginia

69 months ago

IM PRETTY SURE YOU DONT HAVE TO BE A BALTIMORE COUNTY RESIDENT TO INROLL IN THE FACTS PROGRAM .IF YOUR INROLLED IN THE SCHOOL YOU SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET ON A PAYMENT PROGRAM.YOU CAN CALL THE COLLEGE TO FIND OUT ABOUT IT.IM NOT SURE ABOUT PROJECT SECOND START. EVEN IF THEY DONT THEY MIGHT HAVE ANOTHER LOCATION THAT CAN HELP YOU.ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS ASK THE NUMBER THERE IS FOUR ONE ZERO,FOUR FIVE FIVE,FOUR SEVEN ONE NINE.THIS SIGHT WONT LET ME PUT NUMBERS. MANY BLESSINGS

-ALICIA
BALTIMORE,MARYLAND

michellelilbit2 in Fort Myers, Florida

68 months ago

i would like to know if there are any free or really cheap classes. my daughter and i are in a shelter for the abused women and i would like to fulfill my dreams. thanks and god bless everyone.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

thecropchick in baltimore, Maryland

68 months ago

Check with the shelter director. Also, your social worker/case worker can point you in the right direction.

mrs hasan in Bridgeport, Connecticut

68 months ago

jakisha tucker in Baltimore, Maryland said: classes in the baltimore area

hello, i'm a phlebotomy instuctor for the prince george's community collegein largo maryland and our class are the best anywhere, because we teach theory and practicum and it is intence studing and practice. you practice on your classmates for seveal weeks but you must pass the theory before moving on to your clinical in a and move on to practice you must past practice
hopital or clinical facility, etc. I have in the medical field for 30 year's and phlebotomy for 26 years now I teach and I love it because I can teach all of my skills passing them on to those who realy want to
be a outsanding phlebotomist. sorry i must go good luck

Tim in Chevy Chase, Maryland

67 months ago

Brian in Whippany, New Jersey said: Hi I went to Dover Business college and was Certified by National Health Career Association , the college and the Certification has paid off and within 30 days i was able to get a job. I have been working in the field for the past year and i love it...
National Healthcareer Association is a really good Certification agency to deal with..I recommend them and Dover BC (a great School)

www.nhanow.com

Good luck
Brian

I also love NHA. You can check out more info on the National Healthcareer Association on their wiki page: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Healthcareer_Association

mjones057 in Lutherville Timonium, Maryland

65 months ago

Alicia in Baltimore in Savage, Maryland said: JAKISHA,TRY CCBC (COMMUNITY COLLEGE OF BALTIMORE COUNTY)I WENT TO THE ONE IN CATONSVILLE.THEY CHARGED I THINK 700.00 OR 800.00 AND THEY LET YOU MAKE PAYMENTS IN THREE INSTALLMENT(THIS IS CALLED THE FACTS PROGRAM)ALSO THERE IS A PROGRAM TO HELP YOU OUT WITH EXPENCES IF YOU ARE A SINGLE PARENT, IF YOU ARE LET ME KNOW AND I WILL GET YOU THE INFOMATION.YOU CAN VIEW CCBC ONLINE

Hey Alicia, I was also interested in doing phelbotomy, but I didnt know where to look. I look on CCBC.EDU but it doesnt say anything about what the actual program is...Do you have specific website that could direct me directly to the information about the program?

thecropchick in Centreville, Maryland

65 months ago

MJones:

Contact the department phone number listed on the CCBC Continue Education ~ Phlebotomy. You have to attend an orientation class before you can registar for the class. There they explain to you everything involved.

I'm starting my class 3/7 at the Eseex campus.

Alicia in Gwynn Oak, Maryland

65 months ago

M.Jones

Thats not the correct sight search for Catonsville Community College.They will give you acsess to the other sites(Dundalk,Essex,ect.).The classes title is venipuncture and specimen processing.If your talking about the program that helps with aditional payment to for schooling.A few months ago I received a letter from them (Progect Second Start#four one o-four,five,five-four seven,one ,nine).and due to the lack of funding they will end their program sometime this summer.However, you might still be able to get their help if you act fast.They have a sister program on the Dundalk campus I dont know there name.Even if you can not get furthur assistance the colleges have a very easy payment program.I hope that answers your question.

65 months ago

MJones:
They "payment" program offered thru CCBC is autodebit thru a checking or credit card. If you contact the continue education director, they will provide you the information on the course.

Alicia:

I haven't heard of Project Second Start?

Jennifer Moreno in Riverside, California

65 months ago

will someone please direct me TOO with free or cheap phlebotomy classes. I live in the Riverside,ca area. Thank You so much!!I see so many on line and they all seem kinda fake I dont trust em....I would like to go by some one who has either had experience or has attended the classes. Its just for Phlebotomy not M.A classes

65 months ago

Did you check your local community college Jenn

Alicia in Gwynn Oak, Maryland

65 months ago

CROPCHICK,
As I was telling MJones there is a program in witch you also refered to called the FACTS program.That allows you to make payments.As far as Project Second Start this is a program seperate from the Facts program.They are a privately funded organization that helps people get job training,furthur their education and other related things such as resume writing,educational advice and much more.They are located on the Catonsville campus its also one on the the Dundalk campus(the name I do not recall).Two seperate things.I was telling her to go through the facts program and maybe she could get additional help through Second Start.I went through the Phlebotomy(venipuncture and specimen processing)program and they paid for my clinical.I went through the Pharmacy program they made one of my payments.They also payed for my CPR class.They realy helped me out and I was just trying to provide some information that could posibly help her.Maybe I was not clear enough.I gave the number in my previous post.I had to wright it out because this sight will not allow phone numbers.But if you call the Catonsville campus directory you can ask for Project Second Start.As I said they sent me a letter and said because of lack of funding they would be ending this summer.I was saying maybe if she huried and contacted them she could get help from them.

65 months ago

Thanks Alicia. The Facts payment program is what I was talking about. I just couldn't think of the name. All funding is being cut. When I was laid off, I tried getting unemployment to pay for my venipuncture programs for me. But they said they could because of funding.. BUT, they would pay for me to take Quickbooks. Considering all office jobs are being cut (and I'm talking in 2007), why would I take a Quickbooks class. If they had paid for the Venipuncture class I wouldn't be scared of being laid off AGAIN!. Quickbooks is a computerised checkbook ledger. But I'm really excited about starting class this week. I just hope I can find a job when I'm said and done.

JROC in Boston, Massachusetts

65 months ago

HELP... I AM LOOKING FOR A FREE PHEBOTOMist TRAINING MY SELF, IN MASS.
ANYONE I;VE BEEN SEARCHING NO LUCK...APPRECIATED..

Page:   1  2  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.