phlebotomy schools in NYC

Get new comments by email
You can cancel email alerts at anytime.
Comments (1 to 50 of 121)
Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

Jessica in Watchung, New Jersey

101 months ago

Does anyone have any recommendations for a good phlebotomy tech school in New York City? Especially one that has a night program....

How about Manhattan Institute's phlebotomy program?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (165) / No (42) Reply - Report abuse

Maritsa in Astoria, New York

99 months ago

I've been looking into:

Manhattan Institute
www.manhattaninstitute.com

New York Medical Career Training Center:
www.nymedtraining.com.php

Mandl school:
mandlschool.com/index.htm

Hope this helps...

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (28) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

mkp in New York, New York

98 months ago

HOW LONG IS A PHLEBOTOMY PROGRAM? I SAW A SCHOOL THAT STATED HAVING STUDENTS TRAINED IN 3 WEEKS! I FIND THAT HARD TO BELIEVE!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (190) / No (31) Reply - Report abuse

mayra morgan in Bronx, New York

96 months ago

please let me know if school are in the bronx for nurse assittant

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (14) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

LC in Cleveland, Ohio

96 months ago

Guide

mkp in New York, New York said: HOW LONG IS A PHLEBOTOMY PROGRAM? I SAW A SCHOOL THAT STATED HAVING STUDENTS TRAINED IN 3 WEEKS! I FIND THAT HARD TO BELIEVE!

A good program should be a full semester or quarter,like 16 weeks,with up to 8 extra weeks for the clinicals. Three weeks of training doesn't surprise me,some hospitals will train someone in a weekend. You have the right connections and you can get in like that. A conscientious person wouldn't,but would get the full training,which includes a lot of lab science technology.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (20) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

TARAJHI in West Palm Beach, Florida

89 months ago

HI! I'M MOING TO NEW YORK SOON AND I WAS WONDERING ISN'T THERE A PHELBOTOMY SCHOOL IN BROOKLYN? HIT ME BACK UP AT HAITIANPRINCESS1925@YAHOO.COM THANK YOU

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (21) / No (9) Reply - Report abuse

Ace Computer Training Center in New York, New York

89 months ago

Hi,

I read your question. I can only tell you that we’re a Phlebotomy school ourself but we have locations in Manhattan and Queens. If you’re interested in learning about the courses and programs, you can call here at the school or visit our web site acecareer.edu and schedule an appointment and get more information on your desired courses. We’ll be glad to assist you!

Ace Computer Training Center
312 W, 36th St., 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10018
Tel: 212-695-9700
Fax: 212-695-9745

Ace Computer Training Center
109-19 72nd Road, Suite 4F,
Forest Hills, NY 11375
Tel: 718-575-3223
Fax: 718-575-3348

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

jose in Bronx, New York

88 months ago

ABC in the Bronx is good. Has a fast, cheap, licensed night class

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (17) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Jannette, Brooklyn New York

88 months ago

I went to the Manhattan Institute in New York City. It is a great school, my teacher Dr. Milagros was wonderful. This is there web site

www.ManhattanInstitute.com

The girl who registered me was Haley.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sandra in Bronx, New York

88 months ago

aguien k me diga donde puedo tomar clase de cna gratis please

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

LC in Cleveland, Ohio

88 months ago

Guide

Jannette, Brooklyn New York said: No disrespect, but I do not think you have any idea about what you are talking about. I took Phlebotomy training and it did not take me 16 weeks of class and 8 weeks of clinical study. I investigated 5 different schools in New York and all were more or less the same amount of time. I will add that these schools where all licensed by the State of New York to train Phlebotomists. I am now working, and my training was more then sufficient. Perhaps people from Cleveland are a little slow in the head, so they require extra training.

I know exactly what I am talking about or I wouldn't be on here. You have insulted thousands of people who completed an in depth phlebotomy program,in all cities, with your rude remark.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (7) Reply - Report abuse

dennis r

88 months ago

d man in Newburgh, New York said: i just finished the phlebotmy/ekg course at abc training center in the bronx..i recommend going there..

d man, could you tell me anything about the school? the instructors, was there parking in the area. i was thinking of going to the weekend classes.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

DMAN in Neptune, New Jersey

88 months ago

dennis r said: d man, could you tell me anything about the school? the instructors, was there parking in the area. i was thinking of going to the weekend classes.

www.abctrainingcenter.net/.this has some of the info u need.. its cost like 1200 for both classes. i did the 6-9 class in the evening and its pretty fast pace so u kinda have to pay attention...the teacher is really good and has a good understanding about the health field..

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

Johnya in Ozone Park, New York

87 months ago

Jessica in Watchung, New Jersey said: Does anyone have any recommendations for a good phlebotomy tech school in New York City? Especially one that has a night program....

How about Manhattan Institute's phlebotomy program?

the allen school in brooklyn and jamaica is really good and bulkans educational institute in brooklyn. What ever you do dnt enroll in the daisley school(495 flatbush avenue). ITS A HORRIBLE SCHOOL!!!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (15) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Katherine in New York, New York

87 months ago

Try Ace Computer Training Center 36th St betweeb 8th and 9th av, 2nd Floor

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

julie in Westland, Michigan

86 months ago

Does anyone know of any phlebotomy schools in westland michigan or within detroit region

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

julie in Westland, Michigan

86 months ago

A school that specializes in phlebotomy and is not years long

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (7) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

suzie in Staten Island, New York

86 months ago

any phleb tech programs in staten island new york. really appreciate it

Monica E. in Bronx, New York

85 months ago

LC in Cleveland, Ohio said: A good program should be a full semester or quarter,like 16 weeks,with up to 8 extra weeks for the clinicals. Three weeks of training doesn't surprise me,some hospitals will train someone in a weekend. You have the right connections and you can get in like that. A conscientious person wouldn't,but would get the full training,which includes a lot of lab science technology.

Well I believe that both of you are right. It depends on the individuals background, previous experience and career intentions. If you are a nurse already and need to add phlebotomy to your training then there is no need for you to have to take an extensive training program. If you were interested in become an actual phlebotomist and working or running a lab then it would be in your best interest to take a more intensive and extensive program. As well if you plan to work in multiple states then you should find out what their requirements are interms of class and clinical hours are. New York is a very liberal and flexible state when it comes to their healthcare training requirements. I dont think that there is just one route for everyone, but there are plenty of options for you to choose from.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

vee girl in Glen Ridge, New Jersey

82 months ago

does anyone know where to complete the clinical experience, needed to become a certified phlebotomist? I'm referring to places in NYC. The NYC hospitals that I have called wouldn' t take me for clinicals because of liability issues. Unfortunately, my school doesn't offer clinicals. Any suggestions please

Anna

82 months ago

I just graduated from the Manhattan Institute, very good school. The teacher was great! I was nervous at first, because I have not been in school for over 20 years, and they made me feel very comfortable.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (11) / No (6) Reply - Report abuse

sexy trinidad in New York, New York

80 months ago

Im a graduate that took the phlebotomy course and i loved this school. It was interactive and i had much hands on training!!!! i highly recommend this school if ur looking to be in a professional atmosphere.... Heres their website in case anyone is interested: www.manhattaninstitute.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

Monica E in Bronx, New York

80 months ago

Hi Sexy Trinidad,
I wanted to know what you meant by "hands on training" at the Manhattan Institute.
Do they offer live blood draws? What about employment?
Looking forward to hearing back from you.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

melissa in Jersey City, New Jersey

80 months ago

Does anyone know if there are any good phlebotomy schools in New Jersey???

How much is it in general and how long is it???

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (6) / No Reply - Report abuse

Jezel in Yonkers, New York

80 months ago

sexy trinidad in New York, New York said: Im a graduate that took the phlebotomy course and i loved this school. It was interactive and i had much hands on training!!!! i highly recommend this school if ur looking to be in a professional atmosphere.... Heres their website in case anyone is interested: www.manhattaninstitute.com

How much was ur course, and how long did it take?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

thecropchick in baltimore, Maryland

80 months ago

Mine is 10 weeks of class room time and 2 weeks of clinical training.

Danielle in Jamaica, New York

79 months ago

Jannette, Brooklyn New York said: No disrespect, but I do not think you have any idea about what you are talking about. I took Phlebotomy training and it did not take me 16 weeks of class and 8 weeks of clinical study. I investigated 5 different schools in New York and all were more or less the same amount of time. I will add that these schools where all licensed by the State of New York to train Phlebotomists. I am now working, and my training was more then sufficient. Perhaps people from Cleveland are a little slow in the head, so they require extra training.

What school did u attend for Phlebotomy training?

79 months ago

Community College of Baltimore County. Here's the link:

www.ccbcmd.edu/ceed/spring/health.html

I'm sure there's a community college that has it in NY

Monica E in Bronx, New York

79 months ago

Hello Jannette,
I am glad you are working. Congratulations. Can you tell me how long did it take you to start working and did you find your job through the school or on your own? The next question is if your school had an intership/clinical? I have found through my own investigations that most schools just have the in class training but no internship. I was wondering if that had an impact on you obtaining a job.
Thank you and waiting for your response.

Matt in Jamaica, New York

78 months ago

I found out that both the continuing ed programs at Lehman college and Kingsborough Community College offer advance phlebotomy and ekg course that give you I believe 30+ hrs in hospital setting under RN supervision externship. but you have to have completed beginners Phlebotomy course (the in class training). in order to qualify. the Lehman one is $600 don't know about KCC

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (8) / No Reply - Report abuse

Dylan in Staten Island, New York

78 months ago

Matt in Jamaica, New York said: I found out that both the continuing ed programs at Lehman college and Kingsborough Community College offer advance phlebotomy and ekg course that give you I believe 30+ hrs in hospital setting under RN supervision externship. but you have to have completed beginners Phlebotomy course (the in class training). in order to qualify. the Lehman one is $600 don't know about KCC

www.edu411.org/program_subject/Health_Care/Phlebotomy/

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

simmie in Bronx, New York

78 months ago

I am about to do my LPN and that's full time school. I want to know if it a good idea to do a C.N.A course that I can work at nights while I go to school in the day.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

I would Simmie!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Thanks for your input.

78 months ago

Just don't ware yourself toooooo thin....

78 months ago

I would let my employer know that I am going to school so that I can do at least 30-35 hrs per week. I just want to tip my toes in the water.

78 months ago

Good Luck!

78 months ago

Thank you

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

HPN in Port Chester, New York

78 months ago

simmie in Bronx, New York said: I am about to do my LPN and that's full time school. I want to know if it a good idea to do a C.N.A course that I can work at nights while I go to school in the day.

That's great! What school are you going to? I'm thinking of doing the same thing, except I don't know how much CNA's make per hour. I'd like to be able to make a living while I attend LPN school. Dumb question: Is it possible to attend a LPN school and not be a CNA? Or is it a prerequisite to be accepted to an LPN school?

78 months ago

I am planning on going to Monroe College. I just want to do the CNA course so that at least that will help me some what for my LPN. It all depends on, I guess your experience they will pay but as what they say CNA should get any where from $10- up you can ask the school that you are about to go for your CNA course. Glad to know that you're also looking forward for that as a career. Girl that's our best bet this field of work is in demand.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

Monica in Bronx, New York

78 months ago

No you do not need to be a CNA to enroll at a school to be an LPN. It is no different than any other school or major. You do not need to be an LPN to go for your RN or to be a paralegal to be a lawyer. While in school for LPN after completing so many classes you may sit for the CNA exam. It is the same for those in the RN program that after they finish a certain amt of classes they may sit for the LPN exam. Understand that depending on your abilities you may find it difficult to go to school full time, do your clinicals, study and work at night. The pasing grade at the school i graduated from was 75 and you were kicked out of the program if you failed 2 classes. So really think about working in any capacity if you have to. I hope this help you or anyone else.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

Good Advice Monica!

78 months ago

Monica in Bronx, New York said: No you do not need to be a CNA to enroll at a school to be an LPN. It is no different than any other school or major. You do not need to be an LPN to go for your RN or to be a paralegal to be a lawyer. While in school for LPN after completing so many classes you may sit for the CNA exam. It is the same for those in the RN program that after they finish a certain amt of classes they may sit for the LPN exam. Understand that depending on your abilities you may find it difficult to go to school full time, do your clinicals, study and work at night. The pasing grade at the school i graduated from was 75 and you were kicked out of the program if you failed 2 classes. So really think about working in any capacity if you have to. I hope this help you or anyone else.

Thanks for the info! In New York I understand you need a minimum of 9 months LPN training before you can get a license. Could you confirm this?

78 months ago

Monica E Taylor in Bronx, New York said: Yes 9 months in NY. I went to Southern Westchester Bosce. Sept-June.

I just looked it up online and I was impressed. I signed up for the prep class to take the entrance exam afterwards. This is an accredited school right? How did you like the school overall?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

sim green in Bronx, New York

78 months ago

Where is this prep class?

78 months ago

sim green in Bronx, New York said: Where is this prep class?

At their school in Elmsford, NY.

78 months ago

can you give me their # please

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

78 months ago

sim green in Bronx, New York said: can you give me their # please

Look up: www.swboces.org, Good luck!

78 months ago

Thanks I have already did it.

Monica E Taylor in Bronx, New York

78 months ago

Hi,
SW Boces is an accredited school with the NYS Board of Education and with the Nursing Assoc. You can look up under www.NYSNA.org or www.NLN.org to check schools that are accredited.
Yes, I am greatful for the level of education and clinical training that I received there. I also took the prep class. I took the class with Rodriguez Gardner. He is excellent. Take the class with him. If he is not there then let me know who is giving the class and I can suggest who to take the class with. Believe they are not all the same. If you follow exactly what he tells you to do you will score high on the exam. Remember it is not enough to pass the exam as you are competing with other students. You must score as high as you can. The test is pretty easy, it is just timed so the more you practice the faster you can complete the test with little or no errors. That is your goal. As well your teacher maybe in on your entrance interview so make a good impression while in the prep class.
Now the school itself offers alot. There is alot of work but if you keep up with the readings you will do well. If the instructors see that you are trying but having difficulty they will work with you and help you. But you must show that you are making a real effort. There are plenty of clinicals as well. At first you will have your first clinical at a nursing home. Afterwards they will all be at hospitals in different units. All clinicals and classes at instructed by RN's. You will use all the books you receive. At the end of the school year you will have a career fair, with many nursing homes and hospitals there. They also offer a bridge to RN. This is an affiliation they have with Helene Fuld School of Nursing in Manhattan. You must have an 85 or better average and you can start the program that same year you graduate from SW Boces. The benefit is that you bypass the entrance exam, essay,interview process and experience that others would have to have. There program is also 9mths

Page:   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.