Comments (51 to 100 of 126)
Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

frances45roden in Bronx, New York

88 months ago

just go to healthcarevolunteer.com

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (12) / No (4) Reply - Report abuse

Janie27@*****.*** in Fort Worth, Texas

88 months ago

Sunny in Carrollton, Texas said: Does anyone know who might take phlebotomy students for clinical training or that will take students for volunteers preforming phlebotomy in Dallas Texas? Thanks Sunny

Yes, Carter Blood Care in Bedford, TX 76021

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

88 months ago

nicole stone in Bronx, New York said: I would Like to start working as a phlebotomist however,companies want at least 6mths-1yr.of experience.How can I get some experience if I just became certified?

Go to Carter Blood Care in Bedford, TX 76021. I hear they will Train you. I will be going soon myself in a day or two to get work.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

steph in Oakland, California

87 months ago

Does anyone know of any places to volunteer, besides American Redcross, in the Bay Area? American Redcross has closed off it's volunteer listings all over California. I've been a certified phlebotomist for 10 months now and want to keep up my certification through volunteering at least, just like everyone else I still haven't been able to find a job. If anyone could please post up any websites or listings it would be great. Any clinics, veterans hospitals, hospitals in general, places like Redcross?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (13) / No (5) Reply - Report abuse

thecropchick in baltimore, Maryland

87 months ago

How about low income clinics.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

Hi,

You may want to consider moving to North Texas. they are HIRING BIG TIME at Carter Blood Center in Bedford, TX

They are ALWAYS hiring even before the Financial Crisis.

Other states are cutting back, be we are NOT in this Line of Work and WILL NOT be for years to come.

Good Luck and may GOD Bless YOU.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No Reply - Report abuse

donna in Port Neches, Texas

87 months ago

Christine in New York, New York said: I received a phlebotomy degree and ekg degree in Manhattan Istitute and still have no hands on experience. What can I do just for experience?

volunteer at the blood mobile, American red cross,
health care clinic

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No Reply - Report abuse

donna in Port Neches, Texas

87 months ago

volunteer at the local blood banks,red cross,clinics

87 months ago

From what I hear, The Red Cross isn't accepting applications for volunteers

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

someone in Mount Laurel, New Jersey

87 months ago

All you have to do is get your insurance agent to refer you to a paramedical company. If you don't have much experience they will start you out collecting urine,medical histories and physical measurements,ht,wt,b/p's. That's how I got started.

You can also check temp agencies.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (5) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

87 months ago

All you have to do is get your insurance agent to refer you to a paramedical company. If you don't have much experience they will start you out collecting urine,medical histories and physical measurements,ht,wt,b/p's. That's how I got started.

You can also check temp agencies

That's a really good idea SOMEONE!

someone else in Naperville, Illinois

86 months ago

You might want to try BioLife plasma centers (owned by Baxter), if you live near one. They are across the country in select locations, but they will hire and train if needed. My boyfriend got a job there with no phlebotomy experience.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (10) / No Reply - Report abuse

mmbreaux@*****.*** in Houston, Texas

86 months ago

Thanks for your help havent had any luck .

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (2) / No Reply - Report abuse

Silly in San Francisco, California

86 months ago

try look at craigslist.com probably u can see any hiring there, but right now Im actively doing volunteer at one of the biggest hospital here in Calif. But bcoz of the economic crisis, they're really not hiring. They freeze the hiring process, in fact they cut hours of employees and they're doing cost cutting. almost everybody experience the same no one is alone.

smcbeth in Shelby, North Carolina

84 months ago

Hi. I have a question and I was hoping someone could help me out on here... I'm entering into the Phelbotomy Program at college and as part of the requirements I have to purchase Malpractice Insurance... does anyone know how much that costs?

Deb in Tucker, Georgia

84 months ago

not much, do an online search.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No Reply - Report abuse

84 months ago

That's odd SMC. Where I took my class, it was included. But that didn't stop me from buying my own. People are wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy to sue happy. Here's where I got mine.

www.hpso.com/index.jsp

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (1) / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Deborah in Monrovia, California

83 months ago

Has any one taken the cours that kaiser permanante offers? its $1,200 which includes books and supplies and lab coat. tests extra. 240 hours. I was thinking of this course or the Regan Career Institute in monterey park calif. same price but it is only 80 hours.? Or could you give me some advice about the schools. should I take the one that has more hours of training? thanks you can email me: dgpioneer89@aol.com thanks

83 months ago

Yes I would take the one with more training hours.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (4) / No Reply - Report abuse

83 months ago

shar in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania said: red cross

Try the doctors office maybe the one you did your clinical.

83 months ago

That's about what I paid Deb! We had a choice between a hosptial or one of those Urgent care centers. I am sooooooooooooooooooooooo glad I choose a hospital. The hours your talking about sounds right to me.

daveyalicia in Carol Stream, Illinois

81 months ago

I'm just graduating Phlebotomy school this week and having a hard time redoing my resume. I had to do a career change because I was in the car business for 20 yrs. Can anyone give me any tips please.

mary in Orange Park, Florida

80 months ago

g in La Mesa, California said: you are not the only one who is tired not geting job as phlebotomy tech.

It is hard i graduate in may 26 i need 110 stick in experienced, i'am a cna for 7 years.

chefcookie1 in Torrance, California

80 months ago

nicole stone in Bronx, New York said: I would Like to start working as a phlebotomist however,companies want at least 6mths-1yr.of experience.How can I get some experience if I just became certified?

Nicole,
It took me 6 months of hardcore pavement pounding to get my first phlebotomy job after being certified. My last plan was to volunteer at a hospital for the summer and then try to get on staff. I was already to start my volunteer work when I got my job at the Federal Correctional Instutution, aka federal prison. I found an agency that actually called me back called Staff USA. It took a few months since I wasn't even one of the top five candidates. It was stressful! I feel your pain. But I got in because I have good credit, clean criminal record, and passed their intense background check. My experience didn't get me a job but being a good law-biding citizen did. Go figure. Try volunteering at a hospital or an agency. Good luck! don't give up!

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

chefcookie1 in Torrance, California

80 months ago

smcbeth in Shelby, North Carolina said: Hi. I have a question and I was hoping someone could help me out on here... I'm entering into the Phelbotomy Program at college and as part of the requirements I have to purchase Malpractice Insurance... does anyone know how much that costs?

Shelby,
Sorry I don't have an answer for you. I'm surprised that you have to pay insurance though...must be your state requirement. In California, the school carries your insurance. When you get a job, your insurance is covered by your employer. Good luck

marybreaux in Houston, Texas

80 months ago

Janie27@att.net in Fort Worth, Texas said: Yes, Carter Blood Care in Bedford, TX 76021

You might try looking at companies that have intern like MD Anderson Cancer Hospital or Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center or donor center most of then train.

Sherod in Fredericksburg, Virginia

78 months ago

Silly in San Francisco, California said: well, they should just abolish the Phlebotomy course whats that for?? Cant get a job

I agree I am in fredericksburg Va and I have applied all over but they are saying two year experience. Why do we need school if there is no jobs out there for this field. I am a fighter and I will not give up but it is very hard and stressful

Overlyfrustrated in Rosedale, New York

77 months ago

Christine in Bronx, New York said: No problem. When I learn something I will share this with you. Good Luck to you!

Did you ever find a phlebotomy job. I am a phlebotomist who graduated in May 2009 from ABC training center. Just sat down crying out of frustration because I keep hearing the same things over and over again. I feel like I have wasted my money doing something for which no one will give you room to breath. Please help

- Was this comment helpful? Yes (3) / No (3) Reply - Report abuse

wandachicky21 in New Hampshire

77 months ago

I am desperately looking for a phlebotomy job near Keene, New Hampshire. I completed the program and excternship requirements but have found that all positions require 1+ year experience. I am willing to volunteer to get more experience but can't even find those openings/options. I love doing this so much I'd CONTINUE to volunteer even if I found a job and took it. HELP!!!!!!!

tinamobley30@*****.*** in Lafayette, Louisiana

76 months ago

Iam trying to apply for this job at Lafayette, Louisiana. I am having a hard time finding where to go on line. I donate once a week at Telacris, I am willing to work for this company. Please help me.

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No Reply - Report abuse

praetorean_4-10 in Deale, Maryland

75 months ago

chefcookie1 in Torrance, California said: Shelby,
Sorry I don't have an answer for you. I'm surprised that you have to pay insurance though...must be your state requirement. In California, the school carries your insurance. When you get a job, your insurance is covered by your employer. Good luck

Hi Shelby, it's part of the program. The insurance is what you called student insurance, it's under 40 dollars, varries from state to state that's for externship. Just incase if you ever do wrong during your clinical.

reno in Hilliard, Ohio

75 months ago

i need help

nikki jeanelle in Los Angeles, California

75 months ago

SABRINA said: NICOLE, YOU MIGHT WANT TO DO VOLUNTEER OR HAND ON TRAINING AT A LOCAL HOSPITAL OR MEDICAL CLINIC

i already did that but they not allowed me to do that even though i told them that i have a liscenced,,its hard to get a job,,

sulthanmohamedriyaj in croydon, United Kingdom

75 months ago

i`m a microbiologist trying to get job pls advise me

cristinalombardo in Brooklyn, New York

75 months ago

I got really lucky when I finished school. I found a job through a job listing site and they were willing to train and I worked with top nurses who taught me great techniques in phlebotomy. Keep looking and hopefully you will run into a place who have the patience to teach you and brush up on your techniques because it takes more than just locating a vein there is so much more involved like making the patient comfortable and comprehending what your doing and learning from it and follow safety guidelines.. keep looking you will find something don't give up ;-)

jacque in Bolingbrook, Illinois

74 months ago

someone else in Naperville, Illinois said: You might want to try BioLife plasma centers (owned by Baxter), if you live near one. They are across the country in select locations, but they will hire and train if needed. My boyfriend got a job there with no phlebotomy experience.

I LIVE IN BOLINGBROOK AND STILL NO WORK.HAVE ANY IDEA WHERE ELSE I CAN APPLY FOR NEW GRAD LIKE ME?

Shay in East Saint Louis, Illinois

74 months ago

cpt1 in Winchester, California said: Are you a CNA?... how long is the course to get certify?

I`m a CNA It Usually Takes Up To 6 Months

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (1) Reply - Report abuse

lily mccollum in Simi Valley, California

73 months ago

im recently licensed as well and getting nowhere with applications I'm submitting. I'm beginning to wonder if these training courses are all a scam since nobody will hire newly trained people

Noelia in New York, New York

73 months ago

Does anyone know where I can volunteer as a phlebotomist in new York City?

jacquie in Bolingbrook, Illinois

73 months ago

did you try american red cross?

stacey in Brooklyn, New York

73 months ago

Does anyone know where I can find a phlebotomy job in new York that's willing to train you.i got my certificate two months ago and still haven't found anything.

tigistmare in Washington, District of Columbia

73 months ago

I would Like to start working as a phlebotomist however,companies want at least 6mths-1yr.of experience.How can I get some experience if I just became certified?

mstip2sweet in Lawrenceville, Georgia

73 months ago

I just moved to Georgia and need to know where I can start or look to volunteer or get a job as a Phlebotomist, I've had my certificate for a while and need help. Thanks

michael Hagos in San Jose, California

72 months ago

hi every body. i have certificate for phlebotomy since 2007. i certified every year and i should pay for that. but the problem is i couldn't find job. i applied every where but no body wouldn't hire me because they asked me if i have 1 or 2 years experience. even i have been looking for volunteer but they don't to me to work as a phlebotomy. for my situation how can i get job or volunteer?

- Was this comment helpful? Yes / No (2) Reply - Report abuse

Lauren in Ronkonkoma, New York

72 months ago

My school didn't have the insurance to cover us to draw blood during our clinical trials, so I don't really have my Phlebotomy Certificate yet from NCCT, though I AM certified because we have to take blood 25 times, and do 6-7 capillaries. Does anyone have any idea what I can do to gain that experience?

srub85 in Houston, Texas

71 months ago

thecropchick in baltimore, Maryland said: All you have to do is get your insurance agent to refer you to a paramedical company. If you don't have much experience they will start you out collecting urine,medical histories and physical measurements,ht,wt,b/p's. That's how I got started.

You can also check temp agencies

That's a really good idea SOMEONE!

Pls. what will you inquire in the insurance company to help you get a phlebotomy job. Pls. email me at scrub85@gmail.com. I need also Phlebotomy job. Thanks

latrice in Chicago, Illinois

68 months ago

Do anyone no about getting more expericence as a phlebotomist in chicago I got certified in sept of 09 I'm in need of a job I'm willing to volunteer just to get some expericence please can someone email me some info on how I can get a job or get more expericence my email address latricelmoton@yahoo.com thank you very much or if u know of any jobs that will train me as a cna and get hired

Namal de silva in Christchurch, New Zealand

67 months ago

I am oversease Nurse.I have got permanent Resident.I completed Pathology collection course in Auckland.But I want to get experiance meaning practical knowledge.so I would like to work as Phlebotomist in Volanteer.Could u organise this task?
thanks
Namal

christy in Oakland, California

67 months ago

I've had my phlebotomy lic for almost 2yrs. I have been unable to find a job because I don't have enough draws. Is there anyone out there that knows where i can do some volunteer work in Oakland, CA. before my lic. has to be renewed. Thank you

taralmorgan in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania

67 months ago

I am A current student through CCAC in Pittsburgh, I was wondering if anyone knows of any Hospitals or centers around the area I could do phlebotomy volunteer work? I still have 4 weeks left in school, but I would like to get a little more experiance before "applying for a job". I do know what I am doing, I've had several sticks thus far atleast 100 or more. But, I would feel more comfortable getting more practice. THANK YOU!!!!!

Page:  « Previous   1  2  3  Next »   Last »

» Sign in or create an account to comment on this topic.